(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 168.
    #2201 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I now own the hyperball.

Congrats

When I first seen Daddy-O's post, I thought for a minute....
    I could try to retheme to Buzz light year
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-re-themed-buzz-lightyear
    The extra playfield would be awesome too.

I knew that it would be fun, but I don't have space.
    Soon reality set in, and I knew I would have to sell an existing pin for space/funds.
    Later I would be left with a rethemed Hyperball, that I wouldn't want to keep

#2202 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Congrats
    When I first seen Daddy-O's post, I thought for a minute....
    I could try to retheme to Buzz light year
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-re-themed-buzz-lightyear
    The extra playfield would be awesome too.
    I knew that it would be fun, but I don't have space.
    Soon reality set in, and I knew I would have to sell an existing pin for space/funds.
    Later I would be left with a rethemed Hyperball, that I wouldn't want to keep

When the seller contacted me, I was concerned about how long the kids would actually play the game before getting bored with it, seeing that there are no flippers.
    He wanted $300, I told him I could only do $100 for a non-working novelty, he countered with $175. I am too pressed for space to pick up a game I was uncertain of - So BlobfishXL scores

Well I guess it's time to start another hunt

#2203 9 years ago

I'm not sure I have room for it either, but I thought it would be fun to fix. It does power on a bit. A few back glass lights come on, but the MPU doesn't come up with a number (it flashes 0 for a second and turns off). It's system 7 boards. I had this one on my list, but it doesn't make sense to have unless it is part of a larger collection. I am toying with donating it to PPM. It would go over great there.

#2204 9 years ago

I played it for the 1st time at pagg.
    Fun game. It does belong in a big collection.
    My two young sons loved it and played it alot.

#2205 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I'm not sure I have room for it either, but I thought it would be fun to fix. It does power on a bit. A few back glass lights come on, but the MPU doesn't come up with a number (it flashes 0 for a second and turns off). It's system 7 boards. I had this one on my list, but it doesn't make sense to have unless it is part of a larger collection. I am toying with donating it to PPM. It would go over great there.

You gotta get it running so I can come over and machine gun some pinballs PPm Has 900 machines that we cant even play.

#2206 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I now own the hyperball. Guy also has an Atari Football vid (with the massive trackball) for 300. Screen has no burn. He says it plays perfect. I snapped a few quick pics. He would also trade for a wedge head.

Is the football 2 or 4 player? They made two versions.
    The two player has two trac balls.

#2207 9 years ago

It was a 2 player.

#2208 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

You gotta get it running so I can come over and machine gun some pinballs PPm Has 900 machines that we cant even play.

I will def post if I get it going. I hope PPM gets into that library! Then they could have more out.

#2209 9 years ago

Bump! This event is coming up. Don't procrastinate too long.

Quoted from sosage:

Hey guys. Just letting the rest of the pinball world know that EBP has another charity event coming up, ran by Aaron Nelson (I'm just the messenger this time ;P).
    Where?: Phoenix Games in Concord
    When?: December 7th at 11AM
    How Much?: $40. $30 goes to charity, $10 goes to the player pot.
    Why?: To benefit the Flippin' With the Greats pinball charity event, which is a partnership between IFPA and Coach Ditka's Grid Iron Greats organization.
    Player cap: 32
    More info: http://tinyurl.com/psvrfm6
    WPPRS?: YES!
    Format?: Grid Iron format. A little too involved to explain properly here, but imagine each player represents a team in the NFL. Players are then split into their own divisions and conferences and play out a normal football season. Except, obviously, instead of playing football we are playing pinball. Check the link above for a better description on how it works.
    Prizes?: We're working on providing a little something for all participants. We'll also have a pot split for finalists. Winner of this tournament will be invited for the Flippin' With the Greats grand final in Las Vegas. For more information on that, check the Flippin' With the Greats page: http://www.ifpapinball.com/gridiron
    The poster above will also be on sale at the event for $5. 100% of poster sales will be added to the charity pot. I provided the art work. PracticalSteve handled the printing (toss some props/good karma towards him).

gilow.png 207 KB

#2210 9 years ago

Cross-posting if anyone wants to come by and scratch their head with me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-system-7-wont-power-on#post-2075670

#2211 9 years ago

In other news I have recapped and repaired the GI IDC connector on my Comet. That IDC punch-down tool SUCKS.

Now it works (still) with no hacks or globs of electrical tape!

I found the soldering part to be relatively easy (certainly easier than painting a warhammer mini, which I also do). So if anyone wants some soldering help let me know.

#2212 9 years ago

Got the Hyperball to power on! Someone had cut the safety switch that shows the coin door is shut. Doesn't work but it powers on. Am I spamming this tread or are people interested in my travails?

#2213 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Got the Hyperball to power on! Someone had cut the safety switch that shows the coin door is shut. Doesn't work but it powers on. Am I spamming this tread or are people interested in my travails?

No way, please talk about whatever in here, glad to hear you are making progress.

#2214 9 years ago

The next ob problem is the 40 pin interconnect is missing pins. I am going to fix that and recap the power supply and see where we are at. Right now it goes into attract mode with no sound and won't register coins/start a game. The fan for the super solenoid comes on and a few backboard lights but no others. This game has a unique driver board, which is a little scary.

The displays (including the one IN the playfield!) all seem to be good.

#2215 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Keep Posting! I am repairing the machine I passed on vicariously with you! Glad that it is coming along. We gonna get some pics.?

#2216 9 years ago

You call that a Plastic? Thiiiiis is a Plastic.
    IMG_20141202_215251_1.jpgIMG_20141202_215251_1.jpg

Context, the playfield in the cab is shattered and the playfield on the extra one was not, so I am going to swap them. Easiest swap ever! No need to touch the bottom. Why aren't all playfields 1/4th inch plexiglass.

#2217 9 years ago

Then replace all the targets?

#2218 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

You call that a Plastic? Thiiiiis is a Plastic.

I spot a fellow board gamer, +1 for owning one of my fav games, Homesteaders!

#2219 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Then replace all the targets?

The targets look ok on both sets.

#2220 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I spot a fellow board gamer, +1 for owning one of my fav games, Homesteaders!

Yaaaaaa... I actually started in on pinball cus I wanted to get one to accent my board game days and then I was like "Gee Fixing these is fun!"

IMG_20141202_231130_1.jpgIMG_20141202_231130_1.jpg

I have a MAME cabnet that I built from scratch as well. It's styled after Gauntlet.

#2221 9 years ago

this dude is saying he is the original owner of the XMEN.. which is some BS because I owned it before he bought it form the guy I sold it to.. plus I think I was the 3rd or 4th owner when I bought it.. some people are f'ing sleazy.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

#2222 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

this dude is saying he is the original owner of the XMEN.. which is some BS because I owned it before he bought it form the guy I sold it to.. plus I think I was the 3rd or 4th owner when I bought it.. some people are f'ing sleazy.

good looking out! What a dirt bag.

#2223 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I have a MAME cabnet that I built from scratch as well. It's styled after Gauntlet.

not to stray too far beyond pinball, but +1 on the MAME setup, I am working on my second one right now (sold my first, renovated from a broken MK2 cab when i moved).

#2224 9 years ago

Anyone gone and looked at this Rollergames in SJ?

Seller brought down the price a bit from his original asking one (it was like 2200$ I think?)

still a bit high for that title IMO at $1750, but its the next title I want. Don't have the money quite yet so that's why I haven't reached out to them myself to see if they would take less. Still curious if anyone else has.

#2225 9 years ago

Still seems high! Here is one on Ebay for under a grand:
    ebay.com link: WILLIAMS ROLLERGAMES PINBALL MACHINE WORKING MACHINE NEEDS A LITTLE ADJUSTMENT
    Offer $700 what is the worst that can happen?

#2226 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

ebay.com link » Williams Rollergames Pinball Machine Working Machine Needs A Little Adjustment

Yeah, but that is during auction - not final sale price
    FWIW: That is a forewarned seller
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

#2227 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

ebay.com link » Williams Rollergames Pinball Machine Working Machine Needs A Little Adjustment
    Offer $700 what is the worst that can happen?

Agreed, $1750 is more than I am willing to pay for that title, I figured since it was sitting so long that maybe by the time I get my cash together he would come down more.

He says its diamond plated, which if that's the case and the PF looks good I would be willing to pay more than the base price I have in my head.

#2228 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Yeah, but that is during auction - not final sale price
    FWIW: That is a forewarned seller
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

Oh yeah, I recognize that name, not touching that game with a ten foot pole.

#2229 9 years ago

Actually the price is a buy it now price?? I was just throwing it out as a price comparison.

#2230 9 years ago

Ok, I didn't notice buy -it -now. Being on phone makes some things difficult

#2231 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Ok, I didn't notice buy -it -now. Being on phone makes some things difficult

No worries! Thanks for the heads up on the seller

#2232 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Man, that Xmen gets passed around like Lindsey Lohan. My Pro wasn't a keeper either. At least, not in my small collection.

#2233 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Man, that Xmen gets passed around like Lindsey Lohan. My Pro wasn't a keeper either. At least, not in my small collection.

I think X-men is a fun game, but I wouldn't necessarily own it (unless I was rich). Lots of neat shots on it and somehow I'm decent at it

#2234 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Agreed, $1750 is more than I am willing to pay for that title, I figured since it was sitting so long that maybe by the time I get my cash together he would come down more.
    He says its diamond plated, which if that's the case and the PF looks good I would be willing to pay more than the base price I have in my head.

+1. I love Rollergames, but I would start getting nitpicky about condition when we're talking over 1,200. This doesn't seem to be a very difficult system 11 to locate, either. The diamond plate does add value, though. *shrug* Just sharing how I would approach it. For all I know my pricing is outdated. I'm use to most player condition system 11's going for under 1K.

#2235 9 years ago

Thinking of paring down to make room for my next project. I asked the kids which is their favorite and I got 1 vote for Sorcerer and one for Space Station (my vote would be Sorcerer goes). That means - Pool Sharks may go on C/L. Bummer, I really like this machine. It is completely working, NO wear on the playfield, backglass is clean and has brand spankin' new Rottendog MPU and power supply. The rubber and most bulbs are new, new drop targets and plunger spring. In fact the only thing wrong with it is a broken piece of plastic that the previous owner had repaired with blue tape. Oh what to do???

photo 2 (23)-698.JPGphoto 2 (23)-698.JPG
    photo 1 (20)-530.JPGphoto 1 (20)-530.JPG
    photo 3 (7)-353.JPGphoto 3 (7)-353.JPG

#2236 9 years ago

Daddy-o im interested in the sorcerer if you ever let her go. I've been kicking myself that I didnt have time to go get the one that was on fresno craigslist.

#2237 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

im interested in the Sorcerer if you ever let her go

You building an add on to your garage, lol?

#2238 9 years ago

Jabbles180, looks like iwantansi has a Sorcerer avail down south if you wanna make the drive (California For Sale Club).

#2239 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Daddy-o im interested in the Sorcerer if you ever let her go. I've been kicking myself that I didnt have time to go get the one that was on fresno craigslist.

My daughter loves Sorcerer (worn playfield and all) and it is one of the few things that gets her off her iphone. So I cant let it go (yet) Pool Sharks however is now on C/L:

And YES! I can give a Pinsider discount of $150

#2240 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

My daughter loves Sorcerer (worn playfield and all) and it is one of the few things that gets her off her iphone. So I cant let it go (yet) Pool Sharks however is now on C/L:
    And YES! I can give a Pinsider discount of $150

Fair price, I really commend you that you pass on the good deals after you get them and don't ask some ridiculous price.

#2241 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

+1. I love Rollergames, but I would start getting nitpicky about condition when we're talking over 1,200. This doesn't seem to be a very difficult system 11 to locate, either. The diamond plate does add value, though. *shrug* Just sharing how I would approach it. For all I know my pricing is outdated. I'm use to most player condition system 11's going for under 1K.

100% agree. $1750 is still dumb money for that game, no matter how much I want it. They are out there, not like I am looking for a Spirit and am at the mercy of sellers.

#2242 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Fair price, I really commend you that you pass on the good deals after you get them and don't ask some ridiculous price.

I try to be fair and Pinside helped me get it going!

#2243 9 years ago

my friend indicated they were looking for a pinball machine for a family Christmas present...i just texted them about your Pool Sharks...will let you know

#2244 9 years ago

I'm interested in Bally/Williams DMD's for sale. Message me with what you have.

#2245 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

my friend indicated they were looking for a pinball machine for a family Christmas present...i just texted them about your Pool Sharks...will let you know

Thanks for spreading the word!

#2246 9 years ago

Is this a Pinsider's Rush the Rock on Modesto CL?

modesto.craigslist.org link

Just curious because in the one picture you can see a nice long line of pins in the background!

#2247 9 years ago

Update: Pool Sharks is sold - to a fellow pinsider.

#2248 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Update: Pool Sharks is sold - to a fellow pinsider.

Awesome!

#2249 9 years ago

Not a bad price for a cocktail that seems to work for the most part. If it were ANY other theme I would be very tempted.

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.