Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 167.
    #1651 9 years ago

The pictures in the ebay ad look like they came from here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-premium-huo-north-nj-5800

#1652 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Wow 5100 for an AC/DC prem in norcal.What a great deal.Hope someone in Sacto landed this

I put in a bid yesterday but quickly bowed out. Received an email this morning from the seller stating that it will be put up again. "It looks like the buyer got confused and didnt know I was based out of Redding CA so im re posting a second chance offer on the AC DC Pin if your still interested in the machine." Strange because the listing was for Sacramento.

Those pictures do look remarkably similar, hmmm curious.

#1653 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

I put in a bid yesterday but quickly bowed out. Received an email this morning from the seller stating that it will be put up again. "It looks like the buyer got confused and didnt know I was based out of Redding CA so im re posting a second chance offer on the AC DC Pin if your still interested in the machine." Strange because the listing was for Sacramento.
    Those pictures do look remarkably similar, hmmm curious.

Ask where in redding he is at and i will go look at the machine in person for you if you are interested. I saw the posting was for sac, i think something is fishy here.

#1654 9 years ago

Although in the ad it does say its at his warehouse in redding ca. Ill have to contact him and go see what he has.

I just sent him a message on ebay asking to look at the game and any other machines he has for sale.

#1655 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Although in the ad it does say its at his warehouse in redding ca. Ill have to contact him and go see what he has.
    I just sent him a message on ebay asking to look at the game and any other machines he has for sale.

Cool, please let me know what the deal is and if anything else is available. He doesn't have anything else listed. I was hoping to score a local deal. Would have to be a really great price for me to drive 5 hrs round trip.

#1656 9 years ago

Hey all, so I will be putting on my first tournament on June 22nd and I'm looking for a good venue for this. I don't really know too much about it although it'll be part fundraiser and due to the popularity of the SFPD league pinball trading cards, I think I'll give out a personalized trading card to everyone who enters. It will benefit a non-profit I volunteer with, First Exposures, and will be a WPPR tourney too.

If anyone would be open to hosting if you have a decent sized collection let me know. I am based in SF but am open to things around the Bay Area.

Thanks!pinball2014_0940f.jpgpinball2014_0940f.jpg

#1657 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Hey all, so I will be putting on my first tournament on June 22nd and I'm looking for a good venue for this. I don't really know too much about it although it'll be part fundraiser and due to the popularity of the SFPD league pinball trading cards, I think I'll give out a personalized trading card to everyone who enters. It will benefit a non-profit I volunteer with, First Exposures, and will be a WPPR tourney too.
    If anyone would be open to hosting if you have a decent sized collection let me know. I am based in SF but am open to things around the Bay Area.
    Thanks!

pinball2014_0940f.jpg 75 KB

Very Cool! Maybe the PPM would host? Or Playland?

#1658 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

If anyone would be open to hosting if you have a decent sized collection let me know.

You know you're welcome at Pizza Depot Gene. I'll also offer to be around to fix anything that breaks too.

I was fortunate enough to compete in Gene's first tourney (as director) a couple of weeks ago. He did an awesome job. It was weird seeing him without a camera in his hand, but we got used to it. Thanks again Gene.

Edit:

Quoted from genex:

Hey all, so I will be putting on my first tournament....

Just because a couple weeks ago didn't award points don't mean it wasn't a real tourney. There was money on the line. By my count, this will be your second. d

#1659 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

apology accepted, and I aplogize that I posted you old for sale thread in reply. I am going back to delete my comments because you meant no harm and because I previously said I would.
    Take care and hope to meet you at PAGG.

So bummed I can't be at PAGG this year... Would like to meet some fellow pinheads!

#1660 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You know you're welcome at Pizza Depot Gene. I'll also offer to be around to fix anything that breaks too.
    I was fortunate enough to compete in Gene's first tourney (as director) a couple of weeks ago. He did an awesome job. It was weird seeing him without a camera in his hand, but we got used to it. Thanks again Gene.
    Edit:

Just because a couple weeks ago didn't award points don't mean it wasn't a real tourney. There was money on the line. By my count, this will be your second. d

I heard Gene's first tournament was pretty awesome.

#1661 9 years ago
    Quoted from yotaxi125:

So bummed I can't be at PAGG this year... Would like to meet some fellow pinheads!

If you want to meet some fellow pinheads, you should stop by the BAPA league sometime. This season just finished, but next season should start soon. You can find more information at: www.bayareapinball.org

#1662 9 years ago

Anyone know if there's a Mustang on location anywhere in the bay area? I just wanna try it, not sure if I'm gonna make it to PAGG this year.

#1663 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Anyone know if there's a Mustang on location anywhere in the bay area? I just wanna try it, not sure if I'm gonna make it to PAGG this year.

Not that I know of and didn't see it on pinballmap.com either. It's actually pretty fun so I'd like to play it more too - let us know if you find it!

#1664 9 years ago

#1665 9 years ago

Anyone happen to have the DVD that comes with Treasure cove polishing kit? I have the kit but not the DVD instructions. If so, could I borrow the DVD or is it posted online somewhere?

1 week later
    #1667 9 years ago

Anyone got any old backglasses laying around that would make great wall art? I was really hoping to grab something at the swap meet, but everything sold the moment it opened. Interested in everything after the bingo era. Preferably not perfect since it's for art, I would rather save good ones for games.

Thanks everyone.

#1669 9 years ago

A couple Bay Area players are at the IFPA World Pinball Championship: Andrei Massenkoff and Andreas Pedersen.

Keep up on the standings here:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/wc/ifpa_wc_results.php

And give these guys some love and cheer!!

#1670 9 years ago

Joey Springer too!

#1671 9 years ago

ok.... so this has got to be a scam, right?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#1672 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

ok.... so this has got to be a scam, right?
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

Yep, phishing for email addresses.

#1673 9 years ago

Yeah Pismo, there have been a huge number of fake ads with low prices that are scams. Basically if there is a gmail account in the ad, it's phony.

#1674 9 years ago

I thought so.... I really enjoyed the HD at PAGG. Best use of a shaker motor in a pin (IMO)

#1675 9 years ago

Anyone have a spare IRL540N in the SJ area?

I fried mine in my LOTR. I replaced it with the NTE part from Fry's but the flipper is weak. I think the NTE part may be weaker. All the good stores are closed until Tuesday.

#1676 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Anyone have a spare IRL540N in the SJ area?
    I fried mine in my LOTR. I replaced it with the NTE part from Fry's but the flipper is weak. I think the NTE part may be weaker. All the good stores are closed until Tuesday.

I have them.

#1677 9 years ago

Thanks Sean! Put it in and works like a charm.

#1678 9 years ago

Happy to help.

#1679 9 years ago

anybody know who routes games in the juice shacks in sonoma county I looked for a vendor sticker but couldn't find one and the teenagers that work there didn't have a clue when I asked them, so far Ive been to 4 juice shacks and found BOP
    SWDE
    FH
    NASCAR
    all LED'd clean leveled and played great. I still have a few to visit to see if they all have a pin but if your in sonoma county google juice shack there should be a machine there low replay scores too, I always end up leaving credits when Im done.

#1680 9 years ago

The one by Sonoma State has a South Park. I was pretty bummed when I saw which pin it was.

#1681 9 years ago

ahh hadnt been to that one yet thanks for the heads up, looks like theres another juice shack in RP I wonder what it has. theres 1 more here in santa rosa I have yet to check but the one on stony point is right down the street from JOE VIDEO wich has 4 machines FAMILY GUY, LOTR, POTC and IM.

#1682 9 years ago

Ooh can you all add them to the Pinballmap.com site too? http://pinballmap.com/bayarea#

#1683 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Ooh can you all add them to the Pinballmap.com site too? http://pinballmap.com/bayarea#

You got it Gene. Added.

#1684 9 years ago

Sounds like there is now a Mustang at Thalassa in Berkeley - anyone played it?

#1685 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Sounds like there is now a Mustang at Thalassa in Berkeley - anyone played it?

NES told me about it being there so I suspect he may already be GC I wanna go play it while it's fresh and not all beat up since the OP there doesn't maintain them well. Hopefully it's the latest code since it's much more fun

#1686 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

NES told me about it being there so I suspect he may already be GC I wanna go play it while it's fresh and not all beat up since the OP there doesn't maintain them well. Hopefully it's the latest code since it's much more fun

Sweet! I may go check it out tonight if anyone is interested in getting a few games in.

#1687 9 years ago

Hey guys, new to the hobby, residing in San Jose, CA. Used to collect video games, got rid of all of them (except my Atari Star Wars (vector)), and am now finding myself slowly getting hooked on pinball after dropping money frequently in the Lord of the Rings pinball by my house, spending countless hours on Pinball Arcade software, and seeing how cool this community is on Pinside. I'm itching to buy my first pin, and moreover learn from you veterans. I was thinking BAPA might be the way to go, to meet some local pinheads. What do you guys think? I'm pretty much a novice, and would probably get my ass handed to me hanging with the pros in that group, but hey, gotta start somewhere to scratch this pinball itch of mine. lol Any other ideas of a good place to meet other likeminded pinball lovers in the South Bay? Cheers!

#1688 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Hey guys, new to the hobby, residing in San Jose, CA. Used to collect video games, got rid of all of them (except my Atari Star Wars (vector)), and am now finding myself slowly getting hooked on pinball after dropping money frequently in the Lord of the Rings pinball by my house, spending countless hours on Pinball Arcade software, and seeing how cool this community is on Pinside. I'm itching to buy my first pin, and moreover learn from you veterans. I was thinking BAPA might be the way to go, to meet some local pinheads. What do you guys think? I'm pretty much a novice, and would probably get my ass handed to me hanging with the pros in that group, but hey, gotta start somewhere to scratch this pinball itch of mine. lol Any other ideas of a good place to meet other likeminded pinball lovers in the South Bay? Cheers!

Welcome to pinside. You live in a great area for pinball. Lots of places to play and lots of good people in the hobby near you. Join the local league. It's a great place to play pinball and meet locals who will be able to help you find a game or 3 to buy.

#1689 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Japespin, welcome to the community. I would definitely recommend joining BAPA! I joined the League this past season and truly loved it. Met a bunch of GREAT people and even played at a few of the members homes whom have some awesome games you don't see in the wild. The normal meeting place is Pizza Depot in Sunnyvale (919 E. Duane). They have POTC, RBION, STTNG, BSD, ACDC, Genie, Xenon, & SM.

#1690 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

welcome, looks like you are going the same route as me. i started originally with some arcade games, then a mame machine, and finally got a few pins. wish i had room for more.

#1691 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I was thinking BAPA might be the way to go, to meet some local pinheads. What do you guys think? I'm pretty much a novice, and would probably get my ass handed to me hanging with the pros in that group, but hey, gotta start somewhere to scratch this pinball itch of mine. lol Any other ideas of a good place to meet other likeminded pinball lovers in the South Bay? Cheers!

BAPA definitely has some badass players, but it has even more average players. They start new folks in a group of average players (based on previous results) and you go up or down from there depending on how you do. If you're not very good, you'll usually play with others that aren't very good. If you occasionally have a really good week, you will have to play good players the next week, but if they crush you, you go back down with the flailers the next week. d Get on the email list or watch the calendar on the website as a new season will be starting soon. Great group of folks. Don't hesitate.

I'm in south SJ and play on location as often as I can. If you want to meet up somewhere to play, send me a pm and we'll get together. I also own most of the pins at Pizza Depot. If you have a problem or question about a game there, you can pm me for that too. Pinball-wise, the bay area is a good place to get up to speed in the hobby. We've got tons of games both on location and in homes.

-mike

#1692 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Welcome to pinside. You live in a great area for pinball. Lots of places to play and lots of good people in the hobby near you. Join the local league. It's a great place to play pinball and meet locals who will be able to help you find a game or 3 to buy.

Thanks mrgone. I see you're from Sacramento. My wife and I are considering a move up there in the next year or two. Any good groups of pinball players up there as well?

Quoted from arcadenerd925:welcome, looks like you are going the same route as me. i started originally with some arcade games, then a mame machine, and finally got a few pins. wish i had room for more.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

welcome, looks like you are going the same route as me. i started originally with some arcade games, then a mame machine, and finally got a few pins. wish i had room for more.

Thanks arcadenerd925. Yeah I hear once you go pinball, it's almost like a sickness. lol Lord help me...

Quoted from phishrace:

BAPA definitely has some badass players, but it has even more average players. They start new folks in a group of average players (based on previous results) and you go up or down from there depending on how you do. If you're not very good, you'll usually play with others that aren't very good. If you occasionally have a really good week, you will have to play good players the next week, but if they crush you, you go back down with the flailers the next week. d Get on the email list or watch the calendar on the website as a new season will be starting soon. Great group of folks. Don't hesitate.
    I'm in south SJ and play on location as often as I can. If you want to meet up somewhere to play, send me a pm and we'll get together. I also own most of the pins at Pizza Depot. If you have a problem or question about a game there, you can pm me for that too. Pinball-wise, the bay area is a good place to get up to speed in the hobby. We've got tons of games both on location and in homes.
    -mike

Thanks Mike. Good to know there are players of different skill levels at the meet-up. I'm expecting I'll be swimming in the bottom there, but am super interested in learning some skills by watching you pros. I still haven't been to Pizza Depot, but am looking forward to checking it out.

#1693 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Good plan! Meet some locals, make some friends, and they can help you find decently priced games. Be patient and you will find a decent price on the game you want.

#1694 9 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Thanks mrgone. I see you're from Sacramento. My wife and I are considering a move up there in the next year or two. Any good groups of pinball players up there as well?

Thanks arcadenerd925. Yeah I hear once you go pinball, it's almost like a sickness. lol Lord help me...

Thanks Mike. Good to know there are players of different skill levels at the meet-up. I'm expecting I'll be swimming in the bottom there, but am super interested in learning some skills by watching you pros. I still haven't been to Pizza Depot, but am looking forward to checking it out.

Yes, there are alot of really great pinheads here. Unfortunately, there are very few places to play on location.

#1695 9 years ago

You (and we) are lucky, the Bay Area is one of the more active pinball communities in the U.S. We are up to about 6 leagues now, all covering most of the major regions. All of them have a wide range of players, from highly ranked world tournament players to casuals.

As others have mentioned, BAPA is likely the league for you. Not only do they represent the South Bay, but they are also the oldest active league in the Bay. That doesn't mean you can't travel around and try out some of the other leagues, which include:

SFPD -- San Francisco region
    EBP -- East Bay/925 region
    CCPLW -- Fairfield/Vacaville region
    CCPLE -- Sacramento region
    Belles N' Chimes -- Oakland (female only)

There are also a TON of locations to play. Pizza Depot (San Jose), Phoenix Games (Concord), Lucky JuJu AKA Pacific Pinball Museum (Alameda), Free Gold Watch (SF), Playland Not-At-The-Beach (El Cerrito)...just off the top of my head.

We're really spoiled up here.

#1696 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

We're really spoiled up here.

We are crazy-spoiled out here...
    -mof

#1697 9 years ago

So much great pinball out here! If you wanna look up locations make sure to check the pinball map app too (or website).

http://pinballmap.com/bayarea#

Oh yeah we just updated the code on Metallica at Gestalt to 1.51 - so fun!

#1698 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Oh yeah we just updated the code on Metallica at Gestalt to 1.51 - so fun!

Nice! They took out the Metallica at my office (boo) so maybe I need to go to the mission to play

#1699 9 years ago

The gmail kids are at it again. This time it's a 200 dollar space shuttle.

#1700 9 years ago

before or after launch? it depreciates quickly as it passes through the bs'osphere not once but twice
    G-mails for LIFE! holmes

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.