(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

566 posts in this topic match your search for posts by practicalsteve. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #1906 9 years ago

I'm looking for a partner for the Royal Rumble tourney at the end of Sept. I am a middle of the pack player and do not expect to do that well, and I wont expect the same of you. Not taking it too seriously, I am more interested in having fun and meeting pinheads. So if you have thought about it, but have no partner and just want to relax and play some pins shoot me a PM.

#1907 9 years ago

Hey Sosage, looks like the Royal rumble webpage is still for last years event, this still going down?

#1909 9 years ago

No worries, thanks for putting this on Sosage.

Still looking for a partner if anyone interested.

#1912 9 years ago

Just went and got my year membership pass to the Pacific Pinball Museum yesterday, best birthday present ever!

Now my work BETTER NOT change my schedule again! Its only 15 minutes from my work to the museum, just enough time to head over there a couple of days a week and play for an hour and a half before picking up my son from preschool.

Also, Iron Man now in the DMD room on free play. Played it maybe ten times, never was into it before, but now I am starting to see the hype, its pretty fast and fun. Don't know if its one I will ever own, but a fun game for sure.

#1920 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm looking to make a little room in my garage but I don't have any of the games you listed. Just a nice unused TZ and maybe a couple others.

You don't happen to have a rollergames hiding in there by any chance Blownfuse? On the hunt for one soon.

#1922 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Nope, not on my "possibly cut at Christmas" list. I have duplicates of Caveman and James Bond that'll be on my list with TZ and a couple of NeoGeo 4 slots. Not sure what else, gotta look around a little. You're welcome to come over and dig. I have a few woodrails that will go too.

Steve

I have been wanting to come around and just see your collection forever, you finally get your flooring done?

#1924 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I had to stop working on my stuff when my cousin died. I still need more time to deal with the mess he left down south. I'm taking a break this weekend from it all.

Steve

Cannot blame you one bit for that. Take care, get some rest, hope you get it all done soon, for your sake.

1 week later
    #1938 9 years ago

Anyone know if beer is allowed at the rumble?

1 week later
    #1948 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

did anyone notice how much the guy playing the pin on the pinside shirt looks like practical steve?
    right down to the trucker hat. cool!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-t-shirt-pre-order-yours-now

Holy Sh*t I did not notice that! I feel like I need to get one for sure now!

Although I hate cargo pants. but still, it really does look kinda like me.

#1952 9 years ago

Anyone else see the ad in sac for a $500 non working "monster" pinball. Ad was up for like half an hour. Curious if it was a sham or a screamin deal.

#1980 9 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

The pinball map says Thalassa in Berkeley: http://www.pinballmap.com/bayarea/?by_location_id=1689
    BUT the pinball map also says the machine was broken as of August 2014.

I heard they were closing soon as well, so I would double check that they are even still open.

#1981 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

For the love of god, buy that so we don't have to look at it every day.
    -mof

Thumbs up times a million.

Someone please also buy all of the goddamn sinbads on there, the stupid DE Simpsons someone posts ten times a day, and sell that guy a jungle queen- he's been looking for years now!

#1983 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Hahaha. God that Simpson's in santa rosa is getting old. So glad I turned notifications off so I dont get 20 emails a day on that damn game.

The description makes me so mad!

"The Simpsons Pinball game from Data East. Really good looking machine. Nice playfield.
    One bumper does not work on it. Should be a simple fix. Doesn't really affect gameplay.
    Stop by and play it yourself. Machine is in a smoke free, air conditioned home.
    There are no Working machines out there for less than $2000."

Bumper does not work, does not affect gameplay... fix it dude, its a basic part of almost any pin. Air conditioned home, what on earth does that benefit? No working machines for less than $2000, Horse$shit and with your pop bumper out its not really "fully" working. Its worth 1100 at MOST and thats being generous.

#1984 9 years ago

Are they joking?!? $325 for this pinball end table????

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#1986 9 years ago

All right, who in the area is getting TBL? The footage I am seeing is driving me CRAZY! I have never wanted a pin that I cant possibly afford so badly. I will bring pizza and beer over to your place when you get it so I can play it!

#1991 9 years ago

Then you can expect a PM from me when they start shipping!

#1994 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

What's the timeline for TBL? When is the first one expected to ship? (You know I'm just curious whether or not one will be at PAGG...)

I believe I heard Q2, so that would be like April I think?

#2001 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Guilty as charged, ordered one at 4am at the end of the first Lebowski VIP party. Those were some expensive White Russians

Nice! so jealous.

#2005 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I jumped in, too. Bring any leftover pizza and beer to my house.
    p.s. As much as I'd like to wait and see what the finished Hobbit looks like in December, it's reckless for me to buy both. Anyone looking for a Hobbit Smaug SE can buy my PIF spot right now for low-$7's. If that price doesn't move it quick I'll just sit on it til post launch. PM for details.

Nice! Glad to know a few of these will be in the area so in ten years I can buy one off someone when pinball becomes passé and everyone starts collecting dance dance revolution machines.

#2010 9 years ago

Any locations get TWD yet? Looked on pinball map and didn't see it.

#2013 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I guess there's one on location up in Sacramento now....

Thanks!

Quoted from phishrace:

You're looking at the wrong pinball map.
    http://pinballmap.com/bayarea

Apparently I am! I have an app for my phone with the Bay Area locations, must be out of date as it wasn't listed anywhere.

#2015 9 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

I just got back from Denver, and they had 2 walking deads. My thoughts are similar to all new Sterns. Seems like it COULD be fun with code updates. But as it sits, I didn't want to keep playing it after a few games.
    High life in Oakland has one, but it plays pretty brutal. I am sure TJ will address that soon enough if he hasn't already.
    Concord (Phoenix games) is getting one at some point, but I haven't seen it come in yet.
    The ones i played in Denver were less brutal, and more fun, but still not that great with the beta code in there.

Yeah, thought about going over in a while and playing it, but you may be right that it would be better to wait for a little more code.

#2021 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Not sure when you played it, but TJ already has made some major adjustments. He came in last Friday night and fixed the prison dude (gapped the switch closer) and disabled the magnet. Prior to that, he had already adjusted the left orbit to prevent SDTM returns from right orbit shots.

You're right around the corner and Bart stops about a block away. Go play it.

I will! I had no cash on me today, so I went to the PPM instead where I have a membership. Ran into an old friend who happened to be in town so it was fortuitous. Next week I will go to high life. I get off work at 1:30 and work about ten minutes away if anyone local wants to hang for an hour or so.

1 week later
    #2031 9 years ago

Welcome to the addiction!

To answer and comment on some of what you have said.

$850 isn't that bad for a comet and a first pin, you could have done way worse. Is it playable? If it is you did fine. Let me know if you ever need any repair help, I am far and away from an expert, but know a little and would be happy to help. I work in Oakland and live nearby too.

All the spots you mentioned were great, if you haven't though check out FREE GOLD WATCH in San Francisco, it's excellent. It's a screen printing shop that has games you can put quarters in. And if you haven't yet, check out this website where you can find locations all over the Bay Area that have games, even if it's a totally filthy one with only one working flipper in a laundromat.

You are welcome at any tournament anytime, the more terrible you are the better, maybe I can beat someone! Good rule of thumb I have found, if it's advertised as a tournament where you can earn WPPR points, it will have more serious players and be more crowded. Not that you should be dissuaded by that, just what I have found.

Lastly, mark your calendar now for the weekend after Mother's Day. That weekend Friday through Sunday is Pin a Go-Go in Dixon. Three days of a ton of machines set on freeplay. It's seriously the best thing ever. Vendors, friends, it's a big even around here. Go look up their website and get excited now.

#2032 9 years ago

Oh and volunteering at the museum. I have never done it, but they have a volunteer night where people clean and fix games. I think it was explained to me that you don't get to fix stuff right away, but may have to do some cleaning first. I would just email them and ask about it, they are all super friendly there.

#2037 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

The Comet was fully working but the more I look at it the worse I think the play field is. It has like a cracked alligator skin look throughout the paint as it it is all about to crumble away. The back glass is perfect and the cabinet is pretty good. Plays ok even though the left ramp was mostly tape (I ordered a repro). The center ramp is all melty, but you can still make the shot sometimes. The rest of the time it shoots up and hits the glass! Has anyone tried restoring a ramp with a heat gun?

You can do what's called flame polishing on a ramp with a mini torch, but that's just to make it clear again, never heard if anyone trying to reshape a ramp that way, I wouldn't recommend it.

#2047 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

see if I can reduce the speaker hum through futzing with the screws.

Make sure all screws are present and accounted for as well, chances are you are missing a couple.

#2049 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

No I am def missing at least one and I figure I could brighten up the contacts for the others and if that doesn't work use nylon screws.

nylon screws? I may be mistaken, and like I said before no expert, but wouldn't you want metal screws to help keep your boards better grounded?

#2051 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

What I have read is that you get hum when a part grounds through the wrong parts due to age related resistance. If you deny the board access to grounds it will ground the proper direction and not hum.

Good to know, thanks for the tip!

#2063 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

This Comet is starting to feel like even less of a deal. The wires from the burned out GI connector are just soldered to the back of the power board.

Pretty common problem for any game of that era. Something worth learning how to do if you plan on fixing up machines. You need the proper crimper, crimps, male pins, and connector housing. Everything but the crimper is very cheap, I do all of my shopping for those kinds of parts online at Great Plains Electronics. As for the crimping tool, there are really nice ones for a ton of money ($100), and cheapo ones that get the job done ($15). I happen to have a cheapo one that I do not need anymore because a friend of mine game me one of his nice ones. Time to pay it forward. The cheapo one is yours for free if you want to pick it up from where I work in Oakland. Going to grab it before I go to work in case you want it today. There until 1:30pm. Send me a PM, I am on pinside constantly throughout the day.

#2066 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

If you want to bring it over to my place we can get through it pretty quickly. I have the male headers and connectors in stock. Free of charge. Let me know.
    Sean

Very awesome!

#2070 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I went out and visited Steve. Thanks so much for being willing to help and letting me take a peek at your games. Put me down as #2 on your list to buy that World Cup Soccer! I hope I see you around and thank your son for permitting me to share your attention for a bit.

Great meeting you! Sorry it wasn't the correct tool you wanted. You will have to come over again sometime when my wife is home to help occupy my son.

Don't worry Willie, you are always first in line for WCS94, not anytime soon though. FINALLY beat Germany the other night, but still didn't top your grand champion score. I will though, mark my words....

#2073 9 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Holy Crap....I haven't seen Willie post anything in quite a while, I thought he died. Good to see he is alive and kicking.

Too busy spraying some clear on some decks

#2082 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Has anyone looked into this? Maybe some people could go in as a group if it's worth while. I'd love to get a quantity of repair tools/parts.

Its been looked into and its not worth it. That guy has been trying to sell that stuff forever and has been going out of business for like a year now.

#2083 9 years ago

This is the same guy, and this is what you would get for $15k

#2086 9 years ago

Who got the $150 Pat Hand in Redwood city? I was thinking of going to go look at it but ad is long gone.

#2092 9 years ago

Putting feelers out there for a rollergames again. This is for the future, not right now. Maybe within the next few months. If you have one you are thinking of selling down the road keep me in mind. I have a couple of old leads but always good to put it out there.

#2096 9 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

I think you should buy the one at Free Gold Watch so I don't have to play it at league nights...

Ha! Maybe I will hit Shon up when I get the rest of my cash together.

#2100 9 years ago

To save people the trouble, this hard to find game in this very vague ad is a Flash

sacramento.craigslist.org link

Seller sent me a couple of pics, no idea what they want for it

image.jpgimage.jpg image-202.jpgimage-202.jpg
    #2104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Is that wear around the inserts in front of the flippers? I see flipper wear as well. He asked for any reasonable offer. $100 seems reasonable. Lol

I asked if he had any idea on price, but no response, draw your own conclu$ion.

#2105 9 years ago

Actually, guy just got back to me and said he would take 250$. I'm not interested at all so please feel free to get it.

#2108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Anyone have a sheet of stardard size PDI/invisiglass they want to part with? I am waiting for a sale, but if someone has a sheet they want to get rid of let me know.

I have non perfect ones (some small scratches) for free if you happen to be in desperate need because one broke.

#2112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

You did see the "invisiglass" part, yeah?

My Bad, I think I read it too quickly on my phone at work and didnt realize it was SPECIFICALLY for PDI/Invisiglass.

So to be clear, my glass is NOT PDI/invisiglass but rather regular old glass with some scratches that is always free to those that are in need because theirs broke or are way worse off than mine.

Now that we have that cleared up, anyone let me know if you are in need and I can examine them to see how bad they are. I think a couple are pretty good but bought new at PAGG a couple years back.

#2115 9 years ago

Yeah, sorry to get everyone excited thinking I was giving away free invisiglass.

#2117 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Damn, I was already to drive over tonight and load up my van.
    Steve

When I one day become an eccentric millionaire I will buy a hundred sheets and make you all go on a crazy madcap adventure to earn them ala it's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world.

#2121 9 years ago

They said they wanted 250$ for the flash.

#2123 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Oh, that's the one in sac? When you posted earlier I thought you were talking about 1 closer to you.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Probably an ok deal at 250.

Yeah, I check the Bay Area and Sacramento CL listings about... Oh I would guess 327 times a day

I thought for sure since there was no name it was going to be a pachinko machine.

$250 isn't too bad really, I was honestly shocked, the way he wrote the ad I figured he must think it was worth $2000. Funny he thinks it's hard to find, may be the easiest to find from that year!

You think he would change the ad and put the name of it in there, can't imagine how many emails and phone calls he's gotten.

#2128 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I think the guy at Bobcat Batteries in San Jose does clear coating.

Sean

I have also heard he does great work for a reasonable price, as long as no color touch ups are involved, which sounds like you dont need to worry about.

#2133 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

The poster above will also be on sale at the event for $5. 100% of poster sales will be added to the charity pot. I provided the art work. PracticalSteve handled the printing (toss some props/good karma towards him).

And they are going to look great!

#2135 9 years ago

Just saw a Baywatch and a Barbwire for sale on Craigslist, both in the same town.....someones got a thing for Pamela Andersen.

#2138 9 years ago

Damn there's been some deals in Modesto lately. I need to check CL there more often.

#2142 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

It's still up there -- but ALL of craigslist has been hacked...
    -mof

I wondered what was going on with that.

#2146 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Hey Guys! Just found this thread. Do I need to learn some secret handshake to join?
    Mark

Just as long as you tell me the secret to how you get these smoking hot deals on craigslist.

#2158 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Hey Practical steve!
    Here is a deal on a "belly pinball" - a little far for me to pick up
    jacksonville.craigslist.org link

meh, those home models don't do it for me, nice heads up though! That's actually more of a fair price than they usually are.

#2160 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent an email and haven't heard back. I dont think its legit. Dates on pics are old.

#2163 9 years ago

Oh that was a total scam then. Those were popping up every day a while back, surprised I didn't get a reply email, must be in my spam folder.

#2171 9 years ago

Happy turkey day starbase, and all you other Bay Area and NorCal pinheads!

Let's do another meet up at the pacific pinball museum, who's with me??

#2174 9 years ago

Sounds good! Let's get through thanksgiving and check in over the weekend.

#2177 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Yeah I was thinking this weekend too.

You men going this weekend?

I meant checking in and figuring out a date this weekend, but do give me a shout out if you are going not sure what my plans are yet.

#2180 9 years ago

It's like a separation of the paint along the wood grain, think it has to do with a playfield getting wet and then drying. It's the kind of thing I know by sight more than I can actually explain.

image-589.jpgimage-589.jpg
    #2183 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Ah. I don't think that is what is wrong with the playfield on my comet. The paint is messed up though. Looks like alligator skin or broken glass.

IMG_20141031_205757.jpg 130 KB

Thats very common, not sure if its planking or something else, but you see it on most games from that era.

You can try using some magic eraser and alcohol and see if it will lighten up, but please be careful as if you go too nuts with it it will start to take up paint. I have had good results in the past.

#2186 9 years ago

Crazing is probably the best word for it, very similar to crazing you see in pottery. I had a Mata Hari that it worked so fabulously on.

#2192 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I'm at the PPM with all my In-laws.

Wish I could have gone, but way too busy today.

Quoted from mrgone:

Pics if you can. Did they get anything new?

I have been going pretty often lately after work Mr.Gone, and they are upping their game. They have a new room thats for private parties, but open when there isn't. There were maybe ten games in it, a couple of Em's, early SS, they even had Transformers in there on freeplay now. IM also has been put in the freeplay area.

#2193 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Throwing out a bone. Found a non-working Hyperball with extra wired playfield for $300. I am not going to buy it. If any of you guys want it, I can pass your info. to seller.
    Mark

Super tempting but I play all my pinball at night when my son has gone to bed, and from all accounts that thing is SUPER loud.

#2213 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Got the Hyperball to power on! Someone had cut the safety switch that shows the coin door is shut. Doesn't work but it powers on. Am I spamming this tread or are people interested in my travails?

No way, please talk about whatever in here, glad to hear you are making progress.

#2222 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

this dude is saying he is the original owner of the XMEN.. which is some BS because I owned it before he bought it form the guy I sold it to.. plus I think I was the 3rd or 4th owner when I bought it.. some people are f'ing sleazy.

good looking out! What a dirt bag.

#2224 9 years ago

Anyone gone and looked at this Rollergames in SJ?

Seller brought down the price a bit from his original asking one (it was like 2200$ I think?)

still a bit high for that title IMO at $1750, but its the next title I want. Don't have the money quite yet so that's why I haven't reached out to them myself to see if they would take less. Still curious if anyone else has.

#2227 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Still seems high! Here is one on Ebay for under a grand:
    ebay.com link » Williams Rollergames Pinball Machine Working Machine Needs A Little Adjustment
    Offer $700 what is the worst that can happen?

Agreed, $1750 is more than I am willing to pay for that title, I figured since it was sitting so long that maybe by the time I get my cash together he would come down more.

He says its diamond plated, which if that's the case and the PF looks good I would be willing to pay more than the base price I have in my head.

#2228 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Yeah, but that is during auction - not final sale price
    FWIW: That is a forewarned seller
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-dealt-with-barrywnj-on-ebay

Oh yeah, I recognize that name, not touching that game with a ten foot pole.

#2240 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

My daughter loves Sorcerer (worn playfield and all) and it is one of the few things that gets her off her iphone. So I cant let it go (yet) Pool Sharks however is now on C/L:
    And YES! I can give a Pinsider discount of $150

Fair price, I really commend you that you pass on the good deals after you get them and don't ask some ridiculous price.

#2241 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

+1. I love Rollergames, but I would start getting nitpicky about condition when we're talking over 1,200. This doesn't seem to be a very difficult system 11 to locate, either. The diamond plate does add value, though. *shrug* Just sharing how I would approach it. For all I know my pricing is outdated. I'm use to most player condition system 11's going for under 1K.

100% agree. $1750 is still dumb money for that game, no matter how much I want it. They are out there, not like I am looking for a Spirit and am at the mercy of sellers.

#2248 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Update: Pool Sharks is sold - to a fellow pinsider.

Awesome!

#2249 9 years ago

Not a bad price for a cocktail that seems to work for the most part. If it were ANY other theme I would be very tempted.

#2255 9 years ago

Pick it up and retheme it!

damn that's tempting when you put it that way. My wife said only four pins, never said anything about a cocktail pin.....

Got a ton to do the next few days, if its sits I may get more tempted.

#2256 9 years ago

Also, I don't think they break down that much... I don't know if I could fit it in my Ford Escape.

#2259 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

The Face Your Fear doesn't count?

For some reason this comment is going over my head, it may be the cold medicine, so please elaborate.

#2261 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Don't you have that tiny Batman Face your fear machine to the right of your real machines?

Ahhhh that's why I was confused! It's actually a pirates of the Caribbean zizzle, and I got it at a garage sale for my son so my wife couldn't say no. On the subject of zizzle, I can't believe those things cost like $300 when new!! That's ridiculous. Got mine for $20.

#2267 9 years ago

Not trying to start a whole thing with this, certainly don't want to start a whole new thread....

Went to Phoenix Games in Concord today (awesome as always, staff is super friendly, games super well maintained) because I was in the area doing holiday shopping and I wanted to finally play TWD. Gotta admit is was kinda like "meh."

It was to me the most exciting Stern theme in years, maybe since TSPP for me personally. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing. I am in no way a Star Trek fan but I really had a blast the first time I played that. Not a big AC/DC fan either, but I love that game.

I don't know what it is, it's not super fast, there isn't great flow, it's not even stop and go. It's just, ok.
    The art is great, I have heard a lot of people complaining about the voices, they didn't bother me. None of the shots felt super satisfying.

I ended up playing about six games, which I know isn't a ton to make an opinion of it, and I will definitely play it more, but to contrast that I ended up playing like eleven games of their Metallica MOPLE. That game blows this out of the water.

Thanks again for the good time Phoenix games!

#2278 9 years ago

I cant believe that Xscrapirons Getaway hasn't sold yet. I would jump all over that if it wasn't the wrong time for me to buy.

#2292 9 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If you cant find it, pick up a mame or jamma cab and emulate it. You run a high risk of it dying eventually (happened to my mk2 i picked up off CL years ago, gutted it and through a PC in it). PM me if you need help/links.

I agree especially if its a game like double dragon that really doesn't have anything "special" about it. IMO much better to go the mame route so you can get a ton of games on there, plus you could get a double dragon marque and side art and make it look just like one if you wanted to go the whole nine yards.

The only reason I would buy a dedicated arcade game is if it had controls not easily replicated by a mame with a joystick. Like 720, star wars, Tron, paperboy etc.... Or of course if you are a purist that like the original dedicated, but you may be surprised how tired a nine year old gets with only double dragon.

#2295 9 years ago

Storm of the century everyone says! I still gotta go to Fu**ing work tomorrow.

#2317 9 years ago

I *Think* this was my old F-14 Tomcat, mine had a operator sticker in the lower left corner on the front of the cabinet and I think I see one there, but I had blue LEDS in my inserts and cant tell if this one does....

If it is my old one, that's a really decent price as I had to put new Xpin LED displays in it.

#2318 9 years ago

Actually never mind, mine had lighted flipper buttons and I doubt someone would go to the trouble to replace them with white ones. Still its not a bad deal for a really fun game.

#2323 9 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

I went looking today. I'm desperate for a F-14 but not this desperate. It did have a new display and all boards were in decent shape. Corrosion all over the metallic PF pieces, really dented cab and it had some PF issues I didn't want to deal with for $1200. It will play just fine after a deep shop job and I gave him an offer, we'll see if it sticks.

Definitely not my old one then. Good luck with your offer.

#2328 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

We have GI on the Hyperbal! It would seem that 3J7 is not supposed to have a connector in it. The connector that was supposed to go to 3J9 was plugged into 3J7. That was an easy fix!

It took me MONTHS to figure out a sound problem on an F-14 Tomcat, I replaced the POT almost every cap on the sound board...... stupid connector plugged into the wrong spot same as yours.

#2330 9 years ago

That's awesome! I am born and raised in the Bay Area but just realized I have no idea where Healdsburg is.

#2332 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Healdsburg is about 10 minutes north of Santa Rosa off 101.

That's why, I seldom make it to that area. Awesome that some games are going on location up there!

#2342 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Double Dragon itself isn't a difficult board to locate and the cabinet is not that hard to find if you're patient and you genuinely look around (don't just Craigslist it).

Hey Sosage

What are other good ways locally to look around for arcade cabinets?

Quoted from sosage:

Find a nice generic Dynamo cabinet with a good monitor, a Street Fighter II control panel lay out, and a clean JAMMA harness wired up -- and you'll have an excellent foundation machine for the majority of late 80's into the late 90's joystick/button based horizontal games. If you want to MAME it, look up J-Pac and ArcadeVGA: http://www.ultimarc.com/

What if you wanted a mame type set up but were more interested in emulating earlier games and wanted a trac ball?

#2348 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

The swiss army control panel is what a lot of people go with, but it can get tacky quick and if you're not careful, you could lay out a control panel that is just okay for every game type, instead of being great for a few.

So you are saying my dream of a control panel with a track ball, 720 circular joystick, star wars X-wing stick, Tron stick, Paperboy handlebars, Tapper keg tap, and dual spinners sounds infeasible?

Schuyler lanes set up that's in the post just below yours doesn't look too terrible cluttered, really the only control I want to add is the Track Ball.

Who knows if I will ever get around to this. I cant seem to spend money on anything BUT pinball no matter how hard I try. Been trying to get a new tattoo for over a year now, but anytime I want to lay down big money on anything the voice in the back of my head tells me to save it for my next machine!

#2350 9 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

Steve, Adafruit has a pretty good tutorial on using a raspberry pi for a classic arcade that works surprisingly well: https://learn.adafruit.com/retro-gaming-with-raspberry-pi?view=all
    Not sure about the track ball, but it's a pretty easy and inexpensive project to get started.

Thanks! I will read up!

#2352 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I chose a gauntlet cab for mine as I wanted 4 players. Player 1 and 2 have a SF layout but with a seventh button to match the SNK layout better. It is actually a second 4th button. Put a Golden Tee size track ball right in the middle, but I wish I had put a centipede size. Mine has a real medium res monitor running off the ArcadeVGA card that Ultimarc makes. You could come take a look if you want!

I may take you up on that after the holidays!

#2367 9 years ago

Who is going down south for Arcade Expo in Banning CA? My wife gave me a three day pass and a plane ticket for christmas! Lets hang out, im going solo!

#2372 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Me ans Mof at least. I'm driving down.

I have clearance from work, just have to see if I can get that weekend off from family duties.

Yeah! Do it! Going to be a blast!

#2391 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Steve for starting and maintaining the most positive,fun, and drama free thread on pinside.
    Thanks for giving us all a fun interwebs club house to hide out in.

Hey thanks! But really I dont do any moderating whatsoever, I think the fact that it has remained virtually drama free is more due to the fact that people in our area are just good folks that all get along and have a common passion for pinball. I am really glad that this thread has remained steady for as long as it has, and its due to people coming in and posting all the time that makes it great.

#2399 9 years ago

^^^Zing!

Happy new year NorCal pinheads!

1 week later
    #2420 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Could "Monster Madness" be Medevil???

That ad is complete horse$hit. They got the name of every pin wrong. I wouldn't bother, it's someone being funny. Cactus castle? Circus voltron?

#2431 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

Hello Nor-Cal Pinheads. My name is Dan and I just got HS2 as my very first pin. While playing it yesterday all of the sound starting cutting in and out and eventually stopped completely. After some research I checked all the fuses, pushed on the ribbon cable connectors and the rest of the connectors after that didn't do the trick. The only other fix I found was replacing the sound board. Is there anything else I could look into before considering replacement?
    Thanks

How did you check the fuses? Did you pull and use a multimeter? With the game off did you unplug and then plug back in all of the connectors on the sound board not just push on them?

#2449 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

Just curious how's the selection of games for sale at PAGG? In my experience around hot rods ect usually the events bring up higher prices, but with the way it is trying to find games on the west coast I figured it may be worth a shot

It's a good time to get deals, but the best deals are made beforehand. When it gets closer there will be a lot more chatter going on about PAGG. My advice is get friendly with those in the Bay Area and get to know some pinheads. That's how you score the deals.

#2458 9 years ago

Anyone grab the cheap banzai run that came up yesterday on cl?

#2460 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

that guy was annoying. posted games for cheap. I was like, I will take them.. then, oh just kidding I am reposting them for 3x what I originally posted them for. lamesville.

thumbs down to that guy

#2467 9 years ago

Any other Bay Area folks going down to arcade expo this weekend? Figured I would ask one more time.

#2474 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I will be there Sunday only. I don't think I answered in this thread, but I think I mentioned it in one of the Arcade Expo threads.

I will keep an eye out for you. I met you briefly at PAGG last year, hope to say hey.

Quoted from Sborel:

+1 for arcade expo on Saturday.

Would be cool to meet you. I will be bringing my pinside id badges again. Free for anyone that wants one.

#2477 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Definitely...I would like a pinside badge.

Put you down for one.

#2479 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

See you at Arcade Expo Steve! I'll have my badge from last time

Awesome! I will keep an eye out for you and say hi!

#2505 9 years ago

For mr gone, it was a really great time, lots of cool pinheads and worth going to. Lots of games were off, but still a ton of them on. Some games had condition issues, but still a great chance to play rare titles. Better than PAGG? No, that's still the high bar in my book, possibly untouchable, probably due to the sense of community. The Ann Arbor show probably has both beat in sheer mass of games and condition, but haven't been so can't say.

I played a game of this for you BTW

image-689.jpgimage-689.jpg

#2506 9 years ago

Anyone check these out yet? They keep saying it's the last day they are selling, but since they haven't sold yet I'm guessing the price is high. I played Harlem globetrotter this weekend and if the price was right it would be a fun game

#2507 9 years ago

Well to answers my own question I noticed you can text them and they want $1800 for Harlem Globetrotters, so best of luck to them with that.

#2509 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Cool! How was it? Could you hear the music?
    Glad you got to go and have a good time.
    Pagg, hurry up and get here.

Couldn't hear the music that well, but a really fun game! Now it's my mission to play a mint one!

#2510 9 years ago

So I wanted to talk about some games I played at Arcade Expo last weekend, didn't want to start a new thread though, so I figured I would keep it local.

Most surprising game: Hardbody
    Yes it is ugly as hell, so ugly. I texted my wife a photo and said I bought it as a joke and her reply was "Like hell you did!" But this games is overlooked. The Flexsave feature is a fun one, and only used on that game and the much rarer BMX. I like the loop on the upper playfield, and the ramps that lift up to create a loop. I gotta say, if one came up cheap I would be tempted. Of course making a alternate translight would be a must.

New found appreciation: Spectrum
    I watched videos online before going onhow to play, but was still foggy on what to do. A friend of mine James knew it really well though, so having someone right next to me coaching and giving examples really made me appreciate this oddball game. The ball coming up from the outhole is really a cool feature, and all the captive balls are really surprising. Definitely a better game if you know what to do, and for sure not for the casual non pinhead coming over, not that they wouldn't have fun with it, but I would hate explaining how to play it.

Not as bad as everyone says: Popeye
    Not as bad as everyone says. I like the artwork and theme, I was a popeye fan when I was a kid. The big upper playfield didn't bother me that much as others complain about. It was really fun, seemed like a very multiball heavy game, which is always a blast.

Best new to me game: Heavy Metal meltdown
    This game rules! The music is so over the top, maybe it would get old, but I loved it. Topper is awesome, its a goddamn boom box! The ramp that you load up is a really cool feature, load up five balls for multiball, or knock one out from the bottom for a two ball multiball. I could see guests loving this game, I am keeping an eye out for one of these. I also thought it was funny there are three guitar players on the backglass and NO bass players. Its a long running joke within bands that bass players get no respect, and bass is my instrument.

Moved to the top of my want list: Getaway
    I have always liked this game, but the last two shows I end up playing it so much. This just moved to the top of my want list, right alongside Rollergames. I just found out I get a year end bonus at work, so with the money I have saved it may be the next one.

#2513 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Getaway is great pin for the $. I just bought a second one, that I'll either trade or put on location. I like the Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown pin as well at AE. It didn't make a full game before it broke, center plastic fell onto playfield. First one iv'e ever seen and they had 2!! Hopefully they will get them fixed b4 next show. Its definitely on the list. Im also a Williams Taxi fan now.....I never got to play a nice example till expo. The system 11 pins seemed to hold on well Saturday, the Space Shuttle was really nice(looked like it had a cpr pf).

Let me know if you want to sell that getaway instead of trading it! Sadly I don't really have anything in the way of a trade right now.

I had a taxi for a year and loved it! If I wasn't confined to such a small number of pins I never would have sold it. I promised myself I would buy a collectors quality one in ten years after I have had more come and go or convince the wife that we have room for more than four.

And it was great meetin you at AE!

#2514 9 years ago

If anyone is thinking of selling a getaway or rollergames, not now but say two months or so from now, keep me in mind.

#2518 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Thanks again for the laminated badge!

You are very welcome!

#2560 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Surf Champ for $150

Not anymore!!! BOOM!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-675.jpgimage-675.jpg
    #2562 9 years ago

Turns on, but player one score does not reset (but does continue to score.) Dixie cup wrapped around a pop bumper. Playfield and back glass are in really nice shape. To be honest at $150 I didn't even lift the playfield, said i would take it.

#2564 9 years ago

Thanks! I love the "surfer" games, in my top five EMs. Never played the four player version. I know that means a ton more switches to check!

The plastics look complete and unbroken too. Said it was in his family for ten plus years. I will post more pics as soon as I get it out of my car.

#2566 9 years ago

It's the one time working the ungodly hours of 5am to 1:30pm paid off. Went straight from work, guy said he had a ton of emails but I got there first.

#2575 9 years ago

niiiiice congrats.

Way to go, Steve! You scored big time.

Thanks guys!

Quoted from mrgone:

I'm so glad you got this!
    That is the game me and my dad used to play together when I was little.
    It was actually the 2 player verson.
    If you ever go to sell DIBS!
    Congrats man and enjoy it with your little one.

You got it Mr.Gone, and I mean it. Not planning on selling this anytime soon, but when I do I will give you advance notice and first dibs. I just halued the head downstairs by myself and I wish it was teh two player version, the two extra score reels make this sucker HEAVY!

Quoted from Pinballrus:

Congrats! I emailed 20 min after it was up, glad it went to a pinsider.

I was pretty quick on the draw too, I also emailed him within twenty minutes. I read he was moving in the ad and when someone is moving that means they want it out fast and easy. I straight up said in my email, I can be there by 3:30, I have cash, and I wont haggle. Heres my number, call or text or email whatevers easist.

When we talked on the phone I kept it simple. Looks like it turns on? You have the keys? Sounds good. I know he said someone kept asking for pictures and he had to email back and forth with them a bunch, some guy in Benicia wanted it delivered, someone from Oregon wanted to come down over the weekend. I made it the easiest for him.

When I got there he had told me it was working on the phone. I turned it on and noticed it would only start a one player game, the first players score did not reset but you could add to it. There was a piece of a dixie cup wrapped around the base of a pop bumper to prevent it from being hit. I told him it didnt matter and that I would take it without even lifting the playing field. It lit up and the flippers and chimes worked, but even if it was just dead I still would have bought it on condition alone. I was out of there in twenty minutes.

Also on the drive up I was listening to the Pinball Podcast and they played my interview that GeneX recorded at Arcade Expo, today was a banner day for me for pinball.

#2576 9 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Nice catch, Steve!

Thanks dude! Hope to make it to your upcoming tournament.

#2580 9 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

Congrads Steve, and thanks for the pinside badge at the Arcade expo. I just scored a "Champ" pinball last night too, so I'll be working on it to get it running as well. I have 0 experience with EM's and will most likely need advice. I tried looking it up here in Pinside but it's not listed at all. I'll see if IPDB has anything on it.

You are welcome on the badge!

This will only be the second EM I have worked on. The good news is there's no board work needed! The other good news is that there are some really passionate EM guys on here that will give you a ton of help if you start a thread when you find your issues with it.

There are other great resources too that you can look at first and try and trouble shoot it yourself.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/
    http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair

Parts are found at
    http://www.pbresource.com/

I find that a lot of patience is involved with EMs. You may have a problem down on the score motor in the bottom of the cabinet only to find out its a switch on the score reel up in the back box causing the problem. They are tricky, but once you get it dialed in if you play it regularly they are tanks. Its when they sit in a dusty garage for five years that things go bad.

#2595 9 years ago

FYI, the dude with the overpriced pins on Mission Blvd in Hayward seems to have finally moved on. Traffic had me driving right by his shop the other day and finally saw it emptied.

I have a feeling we will still see them on Craigslist.

#2625 9 years ago

Question about PPM, i've never been and considering going soon. My Daughter, who is almost two, loves to watch me play pinball @home. So my question is, how kid friendly is PPM? for those with kids old enough to play, do they have any kind of step stool or anything for a wee one to stand on?
    Thnx and Cheers.

I am 99% sure they have stools there. Going on Thursday so I will keep an eye out and confirm. They are totally kid friendly.

#2631 9 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

They have kids there all the time, like Boys and Girl Scouts, school groups and the like.
    They just don't like when kids chimp the flippers.
    Yes, they have step stools.
    PPM is fine for kids but Playland not at the Beach is really designed for them. They have around 30 pinball games and lots of carnival games, magic shows and other attractions.

Good call! Playland is amazing for kids!

#2641 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Yes, I purchased that machine from Southern California and it came with a certificate of ownership. I am sure the certificate could be faked, but why? I don't think it adds a tremendous amount of value to the machine. I sold the machine to the current owner 7 years ago and have serviced it a couple of times since then. Current owner paid $1K for it, not the $3500 he claims in the ad.

Wow good info! That is very random it was owned by Bill Bixby, wonder if he still has the certificate. Yeah it doesn't really add value but it would be a neat thing to tell guests!

#2652 9 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Hey folks, I'm thinking I may soon be in the need of the services of someone more knowledgeable in pinball repair than myself. Looking for someone close to the East Bay area(Richmond) with reasonable rates and experience working on modern Sterns.
    Having an issue with my Star Trek Pro that I posted about here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-stern-star-trek-autolaunches-ball
    I *think* the problem may be located in the trough but can't be sure. A few times now when I've turned the game on, it instantly goes into ball search mode.
    I may just want to have someone come out though because I've had another weird issue with one of the LED flashers that may be go back to the main board. I've just been living with that one, but it would be nice to have it checked out.
    Thanks!

I wish I had more experience with Sterns since I live right next door to you in El Cerrito, but sadly I have never worked on newer machines. Have you done any repair work or are you completely new to it? It sounds like an issue with your ball trough just off the top of my head and guessing.

I live so close by though I would be happy to come over and try and help you out. At the very least I can play a game of LOTR.

If you really want to hire someone, Chris Kuntz the pinball pirate is highly reccomended by everyone.

#2657 9 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Oh wow, cool that you live so close by. I'm right over in the Marina Bay community.
    I've done a bit of tinkering and have managed to solve a few issues so far. Fixed a sticky upper flipper by replacing the back plate on the coil stop or whatever.
    I'd be happy to have you over to check it and to certainly play my lotr while I still have it.
    I'm at a live show that's about to start so I'll hit you up with my contact info later. I'll extend the invitation to anyone else in the area who maybe just wants to hang out and talk pins or check out my modded ST Pro.

Sounds good, hit me up. What show are you at?

#2679 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Please post a pic of the part you need, I may have it.
    Steve

I've seen his parts collection, he probably does

#2688 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Moved in to the new house yesterday.
    Here's a pic if the game room from last night.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice! Congrats on the move! Also didn't realize you added a Jokerz.

#2690 9 years ago

Great deal! Fun game for $650 any day.

#2695 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Owning a house is all about priorities. Move into house, set up game room, the other rooms will wait.
    Steve

Ha ha! Agreed, probably a hundred things to do, but the pins are set up first!

#2714 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Anyone going to join in on the feeding frenzy at the c/l sale/ silent auction on wed?
    2,000 for a tspp or potc.
    2,100 for spiderman.

Huh?

#2718 9 years ago

Are the pins at high life all on credit card readers now? Heard something about that.

#2720 9 years ago

Thanks! Too bad they were closed after I paid for parking

#2725 9 years ago

Re: legionaire is that legionaire saloon? Love that place (the only place around with a totan. but pricey
    Powder coating there used to be a place in Rhonert Park that did powder coating we used to send all sorts of signs and posts there for coating. Also you may want to ask around with the coke restoration places to see who they use or hot rods shops

His games may be priced a little higher than the usual, but his attention to them and maintanace is top notch. Last time I was there they had a MB with the color DMD, where else are you going to find that on route?!?

#2732 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

Aww, thanks. A rare visit to pinside and this is what I see?

Its like a sasquatch sighting! Thanks for all of the great games you put out on location TJ. Been trying to get over to HiLife for weeks now to play Swords Of Fury, went yesterday and they were closed. Dont pull it out yet!

#2736 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

I was told pirates went $3050, simpsons $3500+, and Spider-Man $3800+ Plus tax. I hear that the pins looked hammered..

Pretty much what I would have guessed, hardly deals at all.

2 weeks later
    #2768 9 years ago

In case you missed the thread about this, VICE made an absolutley stunning little documentary about pinball with a lot of locals in it. Well worth the eleven minutes.
    http://www.vice.com/video/tracing-the-history-of-pinball-from-illegal-gambling-to-mac-demarco-195

#2777 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I plan to bring my RFM and another to PAGG....
    I'm not too sure which other pin to bring? I've have a Tron pro (went last year), X-Men Magneto, the JM, and Black Hole. All 4 of those games have some cool mods to them. I would love to wait and see what everyone else is bringing, but I like to be as early of a sign-up kinda guy as possible.
    Any suggestions?

If your Black Hole is reliable bring that. I swear that every Black Hole I ever see at a show is always down. I know lots of people would love to play that game, especially if you have a nice solid example.

#2785 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

You never played my 7 digit BH at PAGG then, in all the years I've brought it there, it always performed. If you played it, I guess you forgot then.
    Steve

I must not have. I know there's no way you would let one of your games not work at PAGG.

#2788 9 years ago

Here's what I'm hoping to see there at the show,
    TOTAN
    TS
    (Wold love to play a nice dialed in IJ)
    I'm looking forward to trying out some EM's
    I'd also be interested in playing the new stern wrestlemania just to see what it's like.
    I'm hoping to see a MMr there as well.
    And I just realized that this isn't the pagg thread lol...
    But the biggest thing I'm hoping to achieve with going to pagg is meeting some of the great folks on the forum.

Ha! It's ok. These NorCal and PAGG threads all bleed together this time of year.

#2789 9 years ago

Big big thanks to BlobfishXL for stopping by today and helping me haul a pin up to the garage. Moving a pin is always my least favorite part of this hobby, thanks for helping! I will reciprocate any time!

#2791 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Why the hell is everything in the east bay an elevated position. When I got my creech out of Keith's. What a pain in the ass that was. The house has a basement. Why not build it on the ground. Its just strange living around levee's here in Sacto and nothing is elevated

Yep, first floor is actually upstairs, game room downstairs. House built on a hill. Only time it bothers me is when I need to move a 300lb pinball machine.

#2794 9 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

arnt you volunteering for setup Steve? lots of pins to move.

I did! Waiting to hear back, haven't heard anything yet.

#2800 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Here's my favorite glass vid:

That video is oddly enthralling. I dont know what the point of it is, but oddly enthralling.

#2808 9 years ago

Had some good times last night! Dropped Diner back off at Pinwillies and got to see the AMAZING job he did on TOM. He is doing some seriously nice restore work. Also got to see skillshot which is always fun, and got to meet Anubis2night.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-271.jpgimage-271.jpg image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg
    #2809 9 years ago

Pics don't even do it justice, this man knows how to LED a game. Not nearly as bright purple, it's perfect and the way the grays glow it's like they are luminescent, like a black light.

#2816 9 years ago

Going to Santa Cruz next week for a few days, whats that big arcade like now? I think I recall someone saying all the pins are gone? Do they still have that light gun shooting gallery?

#2818 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

It's been about a year, so maybe they're all gone, but last time I was there, machines in the big arcade, a couple next to the mini golf, 4 or 5 in the pool area above the mini golf, and a few across the street in the bowling alley. All in poor shape.

A bummer, but not surprising.

#2829 9 years ago
    Quoted from Damon:

I heard from a buddy that they have a twd in pretty good shape, if you're going down there maybe all of us Santa Cruz guys could do a mini hang out before pagg

I would love to, but I am coming down with family and wont really have any free time other than maybe slipping away for an hour to check the pins out at the boardwalk, and after those reports I may not bother. Hope to see you all at PAGG though!

#2832 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I have an Alltek board you can borrow Rob, come by and get it.
    Steve

This guy! We need more guys like this not just in the hobby, but also in the world.

#2835 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I have a comet that has some mysterious issues.

Meant to comment the other day, hope cleaning the ball auger on your hyperball fixes it wish I knew anything about how to work on that game to give advice.

1 week later
    #2859 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

Greetings all!
    I have kinda lost interest in pinball and it looks like I am going to put my Space Station and Sorcerer onto craigslist. I am thinking $1,000 for Space Station and $600 for Sorcerer. Do these sound like fair prices?
    Mark

Let's see some pics, maybe you can sell it on here and avoid craigslist.

#2864 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

More than fair.
    -mof

Agreed.

Quoted from Daddy-o:

I have kinda lost interest in pinball

I keep reading this sentence but it doesn't make any sense to me... its like I recognize all those words but in that order they lose all meaning.

#2892 9 years ago

Good stuff Glen!

Quoted from boogies:

PS: If you haven't joined a local league - DO IT! It brings the "Real People" together for kick a$$ pinball times

This is probably the thing I am missing the most. Between having a three year old and having to be up for work at 4am everyday, I just cant make it out to league nights, can someone please start a Sunday morning league?

#2898 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Berkeley Macs! And yeah you gotta find out from someone directly. We can't be posting that stuff publicly or...

Post edited, my bad

#2901 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

A rare sight -- a pair of linked NBA Fastbreak pins on location @ Scandia in Fairfield. Bring a friend!

Nice!!

1 week later
    #2918 8 years ago

Had a good time seeing some folks today! MrGone, pinballholder, Cheddar, Blownfuse, spybyron, Dana and Dylan (whose pinside IDs escape me) and of course great seeing MOF.

Played Grand lizard more than any other game for the second time in a row. Officially moved to wish list.

#2919 8 years ago

Question for the locals.

I want like a big thick sheet of plastic to put down on the inside of my for escape to make it easier to pull pins in and out, like you find in a truck bed. I have carpet in my escape that always pulls up and bunches when I push a pin out.

Any ideas? That sell that stuff anywhere?

#2924 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

You could use a chair mat. Walmart $20 ,trim it to fit.
    image.jpg

That's what I'm looking for! Thanks!

#2932 8 years ago

I honestly forgot about the dowel and actually used that once before, going to go with that as it's the cheapest.

4 weeks later
    #2997 8 years ago
    Quoted from jpc211245:

As I said I am new and my skill level really reflects that but I try to play whenever I can.

Who cares? No one will judge you if you aren't a great player, half the reason anyone goes to tournaments is to socialize. I am a middle of the pack player at best, still always have a blast.

1 week later
    #3009 8 years ago

what size rubber do you use for a center post between the flippers????

#3013 8 years ago

Word on the street is that gestalt in SF has the new KISS.

#3015 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

TJ's will be at Hi-Life tomorrow he said so two on location out here

Nice! Will hit that up next week!

#3016 8 years ago

Any good weeknight evening tournaments coming up? My work schedule changed yet again and I can stay up past 9pm.

#3019 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

check http://www.hellaheartpinball.com - tomorrow and Wed both have tourneys in Oak and SF respectively

thanks gene!

1 week later
    #3038 8 years ago

This guy is taking the hunt to a new level, offering finder fees??? Don't know how I feel about that

#3039 8 years ago

I mean, it's a free market, do whatever you want, just seems kinda weird...

#3042 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Post was flagged, but finders fees are nothing new in the hobby.

I didnt flag it as I don't care personally. I could understand kicking your friend some money for finding a game, but what's to prevent me from telling my friend to email that guy about a game I want to sell? Then my friend gets a free 100$. Just seems risky for the guy offering a finders fee.

Plus most guys I know will tell their friends first about a pin before emailing some guy on CL.

#3044 8 years ago

Nah, the way I see it is this...I want a particular title real bad and I am willing to pay someone, anyone a little extra to help me secure it. I would only pay the fee after the deal is complete though (key part). If it's the scenario you describe with the free $100 it doesn't matter. I am willing to pay a premium to get what I want, don't care what happens behind the scenes between broker and seller.
    Having said that, not sure I would ever go this route cuz pin money is always hard to come by

I could see that for a specific title, but a 100$ finders fee for any general title? Just seems like reaching to me.

FYI -I will give you a 100$ finders fee for your swords of fury, or a 100$ finders fee to anyone that can convince you to sell it

#3047 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I just asked him about SoF today while he was at my house. Seems to me, its not going to happen haha. Sorry Steve!

Oh I'm well aware, but no pin stays forever, and if I chip away at him for years.......

#3048 8 years ago

<hands begin rubbing together>Oh I have a price...

Ha! See? Now excuse me while I go buy a fistful of lotto scratchers.

#3049 8 years ago

So rather than start a whole thread about it, I would rather hear what the locals guys think.

You are allowed a five pin collection, and five only. Every single pin now only costs 100$, and will forever more, so money and value is not a consideration. You have to have at least one EM, and one from each of the major manufacturers (Gottlieb, Bally, Williams, Stern)
    If you want you may swap out your Stern pick for a boutique or JJP pin, but only the Stern pick.

EM: Abra Cadabra
    Gottlieb: Spirit
    Bally: Elvira and the party monsters
    Williams: Getaway
    Stern: Metallica

#3057 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

EM: El Dorado (but I really don't know my EMs, so...)
    Gottlieb: Black Hole
    Bally: Centaur
    Williams: Diner
    Stern: STLE
    -mof

No surprises there, I think El Dorado would be a good one for you.

Quoted from Sborel:

EM:el dorado
    Gottlieb: Stargate
    Bally:special force
    Williams:getaway
    Stern:Metallica

Special force is now my white whale, never gotten to play one.

#3058 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Em, surfer,surf champ.
    Tx sector
    Whirlwind
    Stern Star Trek pro
    Rfm

TX Sector! So good!

#3061 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

EM: Mars Trek
    Gottlieb: TX-Sector
    Bally: Attack from Mars
    Williams: Monster Bash
    Stern: Spider-Man

Lot of TX sector love, which would be my second choice of gottliebs.

1 week later
    #3091 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I have (finally) posted my Comet after getting it all fixed up!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22253
    Let me know if you want to come by and take a look!

IMG_20141207_155738_1.jpg

Can't speak for the game itself as I haven't played it, but I will vouch 100% for blobfishxl. Great guy, I would deal with confidence.

#3093 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I may have a line on two old gottliebs.
    a card wiz em and a charlies angels ss
    a client has them and wants to get rid of them. the kids are grown and no one plays them.
    depending on condition, what's a fair price to offer?

Tough one to say, I have almost no frame of reference, but you should grab that card wiz! Awesome game!

#3106 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just reply to one of the half dozen or so cl ads they have running....

Wish I could afford to be looking for one!

#3108 8 years ago

Who has riveting tools in the Bay Area? I bought the CPR plastic set for rollergames and I'm going to need to rivet a few brackets from the old plastics to the new ones.

I was going to buy the rivetless rivets from pinbits but they are out of stock and from looking at some threads they may forever be out of stock.

Not trying to spend 300$ on rivet equipment for eight rivets either.

#3111 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I got an old rivet press off ebay for $20. Works fine. I just did a bunch of plastics myself. PM me if you want to come by and use it or grab one off eBay. Search for "Rex rivet press". (I am near Sacramento, not exactly the bay area. Buying your own old press is probably less money and time than gas and driving.)

good info, going to go look

#3113 8 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

I needed a riveting tool for my WCS plastics and got a cheap one from harbor freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=riveting+tool

which one did you get? did it make the rivets with the rounded heads or did they have holes through them?

#3119 8 years ago

Still looking for someone local with a riveting tool for help with two new plastics I need to put brackets on, would be a quick job I'm sure. At this point I would even throw them in the mail, can get you a twelve pack of beer or a gift certificate for pinball life.

#3127 8 years ago

anyone know offhand what size rubber you need for a center post? the kind that sits below the flippers in the drain??

#3129 8 years ago

Pretty sure its 7/16. I know the 3/8 ones (the smallest ones) will just split if you try to use them instead.

Thank you sir, gotta get this rollergames flipping!

#3143 8 years ago

GLWS! let me know when you make that official SOF for sale thread

#3148 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Wont ever be a SOF for sale thread as it will be here before he has to make a thread Steve!

Then I call dibs when you sell it!

#3177 8 years ago

Your PAGG 2016 threads getting mighty low too.

#3184 8 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Who got the free BK2000 in Saratoga today? Lucky SOB!

I cant imagine that was real, hope it was and someone I know got it.

#3190 8 years ago

Nice of you to offer this stuff up Sean.

#3210 8 years ago

Birthday card from my best friends son I got today. Think I'm going to frame it for my game room.

Says "happy birthday uncle pinball"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3220 8 years ago

Hi guys. Good news! I am expanding my business to include Solano County, from Vallejo to Vacaville. I think it's a great area that's still affordable for most and I'm excited to start doing more business up there. The first few transactions are already underway.
    And yes, I am still gifting pinball machines to any pinheads who buy or sell through me. Some have opted for a cash credit instead. Whichever is preferred. The enjoyment of working with pinheads and making new friends is more than worth it to me.

Nice! Best of luck on the new territory!

#3222 8 years ago

Is the ball trough kicker supposed to have a rubber on it? I can't remember

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3226 8 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

None of mine do Steve

Thanks, I didn't think so, but then I thought how metal hitting metal would pit the ball, became unsure. Thanks dudes.

#3236 8 years ago

Stopped in at the PPM yesterday for a couple hours and instead of skipping the wood rails like I usually do I decided to give them a shot. Gotta say they were pretty fun! Now I just need to convince the wife that I should have a line up of five pins so I can justify getting one to myself, can't see having one in a four pin line up... but a five pin line up....

Marble queen was my fave, but I only played a couple on my way out the door. Anyone else like the wood rails at ppm and have a recommendation of ones I should try next time?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3240 8 years ago

Yeah, I draw the line at flipperless games!

#3249 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

So i actually kind of want that Dr. Dude that is on Craigslist. My wife and I have liked every Nordman we have played. I've emailed three times with no response though! What gives? Anyone have info on the person?

Really? No response? That guy had been trying to sell that forever now, can't imagine he wouldn't respond. Did you email asking for a lower price?

#3257 8 years ago

^^^^ Good info and good looking out to save others some time.

#3260 8 years ago

UGH! never the right time, love this game, wish i could grab it.

#3263 8 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Would this be a good first EM? I have all DMD/SSs, but am looking to mix it up.

As far as one to play? Sure. I like the gameplay and artwork a lot. As far as learning to repair or if it's really working like the seller claims that remains to be seen until someone takes a look.

#3267 8 years ago

Anyone check out this firepower yet? The price keeps dropping and isn't unreasonable, merely curious

#3287 8 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party...
    We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Oktoberfest event at the house on October 3rd. All Norcal Pinheads are welcome I just ask that you rsvp ahead of time so I can plan on how much food we may need.
    We plan on bbq'n during the event (Brats, Burgers, Dogs), having snacks, playing pins and just relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, if you attend, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name of beer for all to enjoy during the event and have fun.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??...
    If you have any questions feel free to send me a message
    Hope to see you there.
    Loren & Yvette

Super awesome of you to open this up to pinsiders, if only you didnt pick the one weekend in Oct. when im out of town! So bummed as I have been looking forward to this since May!

Quoted from jonnyo:

'Balls-a-poppin' (1956), later re-issued as 'Circus' is one of the best. PPM had one on-loan from PHoF for a couple years and I keep trying to get Michael to find one. Super fun, linkable multible and very nudgeable.
    If anyone has one for sale I'd be interested.

If I ever make a pinball themed "adult" movie I am going to call it balls-a-poppin. I will keep an eye out for that one!

Quoted from waveman:

Steve, you got me curious and I kept watching the price go down over the past few days and finally couldn't resist (thanks!). Modesto is about a 2 hour drive from San Jose and I'm glad I went. The Firepower is definitely a players machine and has a few spots worn down to the wood, but overall the machine is in decent shape. The seller is a total pinhead. Must have had at least 15 pins and a whole bunch of arcade machines in various states of (dis)-repair. Good times.

So you grabbed it? Nice! I couldnt believe the way that price was dropping! Was teh guy selling anything else?

#3289 8 years ago

Anyone interested in hitting up the Pacific Pinball Museum on Friday night? Its the last day my year long membership is good for, so I gotta get a few last games in.

Thinking I will be there around 7pm (possibly 6) until close at midnight.

#3292 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I might be up for that, Steve. I'm taking Friday off to make it a 4-day weekend.

Nice!!!

#3296 8 years ago

Has anyone gone and looked at the Flip Flop and Cinema up in Sac? I feel like they have been sitting around for a few weeks due to the seller saying he is firm on the package deal. Tempted to go for it just for the flip flop....

#3297 8 years ago

I'm still going to the pacific pinball museum tonight around 7 if anyone wants to hang out. I will be wearing a black/white trucker hat with a little button on it like I always do.

#3301 8 years ago

Anyone happen to see this gem on Ebay located in Vallejo. Now is your chance to get a crappy old EM with zombieland advertising bullshit plastered all over it for $4k!!!!
    ebay.com link: 2009 Zombieland Movie Prop Pinball Machine Rare 1 of a Kind Coin Op Arcade

#3304 8 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Calling all Bay Area Pinheads!
    I just got a call from the shipping company that my Medieval Madness Remake is scheduled for delivery tomorrow between 10am-2pm! While awesome news, it is quite unexpected and unprepared for. I thought I would have a bit more heads-up to enlist some help to offload it, get it in my place, and set it up.
    Unfortunately, all the folks who I had lined up to help me out are either tied up tomorrow or inconveniently(for me) out of town. I could try to reschedule for next week, but my work week is pretty full and I really don't know if I can take any time off right now.
    So I figured I would try here to see if anybody might be interested in helping a fellow Pinsider out for a few hours while we wait the arrival of my new MMR. Once we get it off the truck and onto my cart, it's an easy shot to my condo via an easy access elevator to the second floor, straight in and through to the back, no stairs or obstacles. Then it's just setting up as usual. I just don't want to risk having no help from the single driver and trying to navigate the thing all by myself.
    I can't offer much other than a chance to see and play a brand new MMR, plus a very nice ST:Pro while your at it.
    I'm located in Richmond, down by the marina off i-580>Marina Bay Pkwy. if you know where that area is.
    Please PM me asap if you are able to help, otherwise I'll have to call to try and arrange another delivery time.
    I welcome as many as want to come out(within reason), but keep in mind that I actually still have to work tomorrow. Normally I'm due in at 2:30p in the city, so depending on when the delivery actually gets here if this happens, there may not be too much time to hang around and play. I may be able to fudge this a bit, but I will have to see what I can get away with. Hopefully the earlier the delivery the better.

Damn! Wish I was around to help. I live so close by!

#3306 8 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

No worries. So far no other hits. I know short notice is hard and people may not be reading the forums much right now. Think I'm just gonna have to call and reschedule before it gets to late in the day.
    Edit: OK just rescheduled for Monday same time. Should be OK on help but I'll leave the invitation open. Don't have to work that day either.

I am off at 1:30 on monday, could be at your place around 2pm. could help for a couple of hours before picking up my kid at preschool.

#3310 8 years ago

Hi guys,
    I just put my Flash Gordon on location at Phoenix Games in Concord. Per the Pin Map it's the only one on location in CA! Shopping it took forever and I'm proud to save that it now plays tight and right and wicked fast due to the strong flippers and clear coated playfield. It's just one of 15 great pins on location there. It's an excellent pinball destination.
    p.s. Good luck beating my High Score of 3.3M. I was in the zone!
    20150910_220551_resized.jpg

Nice! We need more hard to find games on location!

#3330 8 years ago

Got to help PWhiz set up his MMR today. Game looks super nice, and I thought it played really smooth. Pretty much ready to go out the box with no adjustments. If you are waiting for one I don't think you will be disappointed.

#3333 8 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

^Nice choice, you'll love it! I've got a heavily modded Pro and I don't plan on selling it anytime soon(if ever ).

This guy ain't lying! I think there are more mods than actual game! Nicest STpro I have seen by far.

#3335 8 years ago

^^^^ and this is a good guy, will vouch for him.

#3337 8 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Thanks Steve! Again, it was great having you over and helping me setup my new MMR.

You're going to have to have me back over, I only got to play one game! And I meant it when you and your buddy should come by sometime and play my pins.

#3342 8 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thanks Steve! When ever your in the South Bay, the door is always open!!
    Nick

Been wanting to do that FOREVER at this point!

2 weeks later
    #3395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I am headed down to san jose for the weekend today. I plan on hitting the pacific pinball museum, are there any other really good places to play pinball?

High life pizza in Oakland has a good line up and beer. Do you know about the pinball map?

http://pinballmap.com/bayarea

2 weeks later
    #3450 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you who route games, there's a new feature in the Pinball Map apps that can email you a "daily digest" of comments on your locations/machines. This tool enables you to more proactively address maintenance or other issues related to your locations. Better working games and timely repairs mean better games for us and more money for you!
    The Pinball Map is and always will be "by players for players" and use of this tool is free.
    If you're interested and your locations are part of the Bay Area Pinball Map, you can contact Eric or myself through my site or through the map site:
    http://pinballmap.com/bayarea/about
    http://pinballbayarea.com/contact/
    If you're in the Sac area, please contact those admins here:
    http://pinballmap.com/sacramento/about

Great stuff! and great seeing you the other night!

#3453 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Always a pleasure, my friend. And I made 9 bucks in cash games, all told, thanks to that EM in the back yard.

I'm going back to my early shift next week so around afternoons to play some pins, want to hit up high life next week for some SOF action if you are around. Or anyone else.

1 week later
    #3486 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is there any GOT in the bay area or anyone know of any coming soon to a route?

I thought there was a launch party for one at gestalt in San Francisco.

2 weeks later
    #3520 8 years ago

What the hell high life pizza in Oakland! This is the second time I've gone after work to play pins to find it closed. Said online open at 11:30 but still closed at 2!

#3524 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I'm bummed how that place seems to not be run that well. They have been improving though I hear as I hadn't been in a while but for a long stretch it seemed like it was getting worse and worse. I know the folks who operate and throw tourneys there are trying to get the actual business to step things up but sorry that happened. You can come play my AMH and Iron Man at my photography studio in SF if you like

Oh man! I am definitely coming out to play AMH, not today as I only had a little time near my work. I'm going to PM you though to figure out a time that's good for you to swing by!

I went there for the first time to play GOT and was a bit underwhelmed with the establishment. Definitely a dive. 1 dirty bathroom with broken toilet and no TP. Windows next to GOT were stuck open/broken and froze my balls while I was playing. I appreciate Phoenix Games even more now.

I don't even mind a dive, but not being open when you say you are, twice no less, is bad business. Totally will hesitate to go back.

#3533 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Sorry that happened, Steve! The information you were looking at must have been outdated. Hi-Life's hours have been 4pm to 2am seven days a week for a while. I got there at like 4:05 today, they were open on schedule.

There was an ownership change several months ago, and it was definitely rough for a while during the the transition period. But I'm a big fan of the current manager, he's really on top of things and attentive. Bonus - he plays pinball too, and is excited about supporting the pinball community there and our events. In fact, the tournaments have been doing so well recently, we're actually upping them from twice a month to three times a month starting in January!
    TJ's got a TOPs tournament going on Walking Dead right now as well.

Thanks for the info! I won't fault them then if they changed the hours but it says different online. They may want to change it for people that Google or Yelp them, if you know them personally and want to mention it.

1 week later
    #3553 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Hey Guys,
    I'm selling my Shrek for $4300.
    Here is a link the the Market Place listing.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27969
    If you have any questions or want higher resolution photos, just let me know.
    Jim

Buy with complete confidence. There is no nicer guy in the hobby and this machine is gorgeous.

#3561 8 years ago

Anyone check out the pin that was on CL in Santa Rosa yesterday grouped with a juke and a arcade game? I couldn't for the life of me figure out what game it was from the pic.

#3564 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

I called. She said it was a City Slicker.

Never even heard of that game

#3566 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Don't worry - you're not missing much.

Kinda figured.

#3592 8 years ago
    Quoted from usulnet:

Hi all,
    I've been lurking around here the past couple of months but finally figured I'd introduce myself. I just moved from Livermore to Oakdale and finally have a home big enough to accommodate a pin. I haven't played much since I was a teen but I've always wanted to get a machine as I remember a lot of fun times playing machines around the T2 era. Anyhow I'm a big tinkerer and my research has revealed this is a very tinker friendly hobby. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to pick up a fun pin in good working order but common enough to get parts for easily enough if I decide to do any upgrades/repairs to it later for between about 1k/2k and if so what pins should I look for? The wife is my biggest obstacle as she has never played pins before and thinks I'm being stupid. My hope is she'll like it enough to allow me indulge my interests in the future
    Anyhow the board looks to be an invaluable resource and I look forward to being here.
    Thanks,
    Stephan

This is a good thread to keep an eye on for games popping up in the area https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/51#post-2842068

#3598 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

A buddy of ours is going to list his Black Rose. This is a decent DMD game for the price of a system 11

pm me please-- nevermind, pm sent

#3608 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Underwhelmed by the Game of Thrones at Coin op. Asked about the T2 and learned they sold it for $1300.

Damn! That's a sweet price for a T2!

#3620 8 years ago

Last visit I did the mexican food place across the street, was pretty good. Did Mountain Mikes Pizza the time before that, a few blocks away.

Mexican place is great! Nothing fancy as far as a birthday meal, but a super solid taqueria. Its across the street one block over.

#3662 8 years ago

I would like to think all of genes dupe posts were shoot the pyramid over and over, which really in honor of how much that is said in the game, really should have been left in

#3663 8 years ago

Hey Marc,
    I haven't done too much to it, as you had it playing great when I got it from ya. I really like it but am thinking about selling it soon so I can chase after my grail pin, Star Trek. In a perfect world I would keep it but I only have so much in the pin budget and downsizing to 4 to 5 pins will give me a chance to own one modern Stern.
    Would love to see some pics of ES when you have time, or better yet, bring it to Pin-a-Go-Go!

But... Diner is the best game ever created!!!!

#3664 8 years ago

And selling grand lizard would certainly help you closer to that ST.....

#3666 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I thought he was just trying to increase his Pinside posting stats. Hey look! There's a Pink Panther over here waiting for you to check out.
    Steve

And I'm DYING to come check it out. Son was sick, then wife was sick, then this whole pesky Christmas thing... My New Years resolution is to see that game!!!

#3668 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Don't make me take the drive and steal that baby from you haha.

Don't make me be mean to you

3 weeks later
    #3699 8 years ago

I would call Chris Kuntz, you are pretty close to him too, so you can take the board to his shop and have him do it there which would be cheaper. Or hope that someone skilled on here could help. I don't know enough about board work to volunteer myself.

http://pinballpirate.com

#3701 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Ludovic,
    If you can bring it to me and I will do it for free.
    Sean

Super generous! Good stuff Sean!

1 week later
    #3707 8 years ago

So I have a little contest going on over in the Pin a go go thread and wanted to post it here for people planning on attending and in case you don't check that thread as often. If you decide to enter please post your entry in the PAGG thread so all entries stay in one thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/5#post-2931067

What is the number one scourge of not only PAGG but ALL Pinball shows?

Yeah ok, the guys not wearing deodorant and carpet bombing the aisles is pretty bad, but not that.

NO, its the pinball hog! That guy that loves to start four games all by himself. The scoundrel that plays a game and pushes start for the next one with nary the look over his shoulder. He must be stopped!

So heres the contest, Blownfuse and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to print little cards that we can tuck into the aprons of all the games at PAGG. Something simple that gets the point across that Pinball Hogs are not appreciated. I will print them up and provide them for free.
    We think they should be simple, eye catching, and say something like NO PINBALL HOGS, and have some kind of artwork of a hog with that little circle with the line through it. It should also outline simple the basic rules of pinball etiquette, one game a person when others are waiting, or ask others to join the fun. You know what the rules are, you have been going to these for years. Simplicity will be key.

To enter, post your artwork in the thread and the top three with the most thumbs up will be voted on by Blownfuse and myself. Enter as often as you like.

The winning design as stated will get their very own impossible to find Pin A Go Go Spirit T-shirt (if size available) and pack of pinball posters from me.

Technical stuff: all artwork should be sized 3.75"x3.75" with the intention of being cut down to 3.5"x3.5" and having no important information 1/8" next to the 3.5" edge. All artwork to be considered for final print stages should be in a print ready file format (jpg for example) and in CMYK. Don't sweat the techincal stuff too much, I can work with what you make for the most part.

566 posts in this topic match your search for posts by practicalsteve. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/2?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.