Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 168.
    #1401 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

It should go smoothly, but it's a hearing to approve their application for having pins (there's some sorta old school laws around still for permits I think).

Looks like they need a class A45 Mechanical Amusement license. $297.

http://www.sftreasurer.org/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=553

Quoted from genex:

It should be fine, as the boss of the commission who is approving it happened to come in and have a blast and didn't even realize it was 'that' place until she was already there is the word on the street. If people can come support in person it would be great though!

Wish I could make it up for the hearing. I agree, they should be fine. The folks that run FGW are awesome and their neighbors all like them (which is half the battle). Please let us know when your hear the results of the hearing Gene. Also, nice work coming in third on AC/DC Saturday. AC/DC was not giving up big scores easy.

#1402 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Teed off
    Pass quickly

ahhhh of course! I should have known that. Not my favorite, I would pass even at a realistic price.

#1403 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Anyone here see the jungle princess on sf c/l for $4,800?
    I have been looking for a jungle queen/ princess ever since I played JQ Steve's at pagg.
    Any way, I this a typo? Is the seller effing nuts? Does anyone here besides me care?
    Sorry, just venting. I'm on my third pot of coffee and I have a mountian of reports to get done before tomorrow so no fun for me today. See you at pagg.

Glad you enjoyed playing that Jungle Queen. Just got a back glass for it that is in real fine shape. No more bright bulb showing through the monkey's butt! It was my first pinball that I bought. Had *NO* idea what I was getting myself into. Needed lots of work, and convinced the wife to let me buy a second game to "play" while I restored the Jungle Queen. You all know how the story plays out from there. JQ was my gateway drug. The great Al Garber talked me through the purchase, transport, and many aspects of the restore.

#1404 10 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Anyone need a pin transported to Nor cal from So cal? Or coming to So cal from Norcal?

May want to get ahold of this person.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-transport-from-so-cal-to-nor-cal

#1405 10 years ago

I'm posting this in the Nor Cal thread, hoping that it goes locally. If not, I'll post it in marketplace...

LOTR FS: Produced in 2005 (3rd run?) with beautiful color saturation on both playfield and cabinet. Cliffy protectors, Pinbits plastic protectors, Cointaker LED kit, shaker motor, remote battery holder, POTD figures, zero flipper button wear on cabinet (clear protectors since day 1), no wear on playfield. Shooter lane and ball drops look new. It's what you would expect from a 'well cared for' HUO machine. Upper left side of head has been touched-up by previous owner. $5750/obro. It may take a day or two to get pictures out.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#1406 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Why is free gold watch having a hearing?
    Are the town crooks trying to bleed them dry with shake downs or some other jug head b.s.?

The general problem that places like FGW run into is that above a certain number of games you're deemed an Arcade and certain laws apply. Many of these laws date back to the 80s when arcades were everywhere and extremely lucrative. One problem is the per-machine licensing fee can make running arcade these days impossible.

Other codes make a decent amount of sense, for example, having enough emergency exits and bathrooms. ADA compliance. Max occupancy rules. Insurance. Still, the cost to rectify these issues can kill a place.

Other rules that might also come into play in some areas (I haven't looked up the muni code of SF) is that you can't have an arcade within X miles of a school, or not allowing minors in during school hours or until 5pm (and the onus is on the proprietor to enforce). Though, as we know, it's mainly adults who play pinball so these codes are somewhat outdated.

On a side note, there are still pinball codes on the books in Oakland related to Bingos! And in Salinas, you can't play pinball unless you're 18!

I hope FGW comes to an equitable agreement with the City. It's really an awesome place and Matt and the staff are really the best. There are only a handful of good places to play in the city and FGW is by far the best.

#1407 10 years ago

There were 6-8 of us at the hearing tonight to support Matt (first time I have spoken at a hearing of any kind!). The commissioners were really cool and only had questions about whether or not the games they remember from the 70s/80s were on location at FGW. The permit was approved unanimously.

#1408 10 years ago

That's good to hear. It's also nice to know that people in local government are at least casual pinheads.

#1409 10 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

There were 6-8 of us at the hearing tonight to support Matt (first time I have spoken at a hearing of any kind!). The commissioners were really cool and only had questions about whether or not the games they remember from the 70s/80s were on location at FGW. The permit was approved unanimously.

Great news. Thanks for the update and thanks for speaking. I kinda figured they'd be okay. SF is a very tolerant city. Hell, over in the Bayview, you can gamble and play pinball at a friggin castle.

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2009/08/10/thrice-stormed-castle/

#1410 10 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

OH SHIT THIS IS AWESOME.

#1411 10 years ago

Text of the hearing at the link below. Good stuff. Props to Matt and all the other that spoke. Well done guys.

>> I'd like to move I don't

think I've smiled this hard over

a permit in a really long time

this is totally cool and I move to approve. >> all right. A second.

>> I'll second. >> take to vote.

>> okay. On the motion to

approve commissioner hyde. >> I. . Commissioner campagnoli and President Tan

>> all right. Congratulations (Clapping.)

http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/TranscriptViewer.php?view_id=99&clip_id=19368

Might be a video link there soon.

#1412 10 years ago

One super cool moment was when Andrei Massenkoff got up to speak and mentioned he was the 2010 PAPA World Champion and one of the commissioners did the 'we're not worthy' move

#1413 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I have a TAFG, but it is a boat load of money being only 1 of 200 made.

Since we are talking about 'this' TAFG... My humble opinion is that your CL ad is (and has been) completely out-of-sync. You had the machine listed as a great Xmas gift way into 2014. Now it's listed as of February 19 and it has turned into a great Valentine's gift, which was on February 14.

There were indeed 1000 made (as clearly indicated by the number 848 on the plate) and not 200.

Lastly, what you show on the ad does not qualify as a "real nice AF". I realize you priced in some of the work you are going to put into cleaning up the machine, but if I was going to put this much money into a machine, I'd like to see exactly what I am buying - unless of course, I am writing a check to High End Pins. In other words, you might be better off restoring the machine first.

#1414 10 years ago

But one of 200 sounds more rare this is more deserving of the "boatload of money" price tag

#1415 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Since we are talking about 'this' TAFG... My humble opinion is that your CL ad is (and has been) completely out-of-sync. You had the machine listed as a great Xmas gift way into 2014. Now it's listed as of February 19 and it has turned into a great Valentine's gift, which was on February 14.
    There were indeed 1000 made (as clearly indicated by the number 848 on the plate) and not 200.
    Lastly, what you show on the ad does not qualify as a "real nice AF". I realize you priced in some of the work you are going to put into cleaning up the machine, but if I was going to put this much money into a machine, I'd like to see exactly what I am buying - unless of course, I am writing a check to High End Pins. In other words, you might be better off restoring the machine first.

Ludovic,

Thanks for the heads up on the wording in the ad. It had been on auto-post for a while. I have changed it. As for quantity produced, there were indeed 1000 produced in total with 800 of them produced for and shipped overseas. Only 200 units were produced for the US market and they were serial numbers 801-1000. I appreciate your input on selling tactics, but with the high dollar items, I have had better luck having the customer specify the level of restoration/reconditioning. For example, it doesn't make sense to perform a tear down shop job if the customer wants a new playfield installed. If there comes a time when the TAFG is the only machine that I have to work on, perhaps then it will get reconditioned.

Thanks,

Sean

#1416 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Ludovic,
    Thanks for the heads up on the wording in the ad. It had been on auto-post for a while. I have changed it. As for quantity produced, there were indeed 1000 produced in total with 800 of them produced for and shipped overseas. Only 200 units were produced for the US market and they were serial numbers 801-1000. I appreciate your input on selling tactics, but with the high dollar items, I have had better luck having the customer specify the level of restoration/reconditioning. For example, it doesn't make sense to perform a tear down shop job if the customer wants a new playfield installed. If there comes a time when the TAFG is the only machine that I have to work on, perhaps then it will get reconditioned.
    Thanks,
    Sean

I apologize if my remark came across as a selling tactics advice. It was simply a general comment about accurate product description and consumer protection.

#1417 10 years ago

No need to apologize, I actually appreciate the feedback.

#1418 10 years ago

Well im officially on the look out for a nice looking firepower.

Or maybe, a system 11 or otger interesting older solid state machines.

Anybody have any leads?

#1419 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Anybody have any leads?

Are you putting a machine on the market to make room?

#1420 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Are you putting a machine on the market to make room?

Not at the moment. I can still fit one more in =P.

What I really need to do is stop procrastinating and clean up STTNG and see if after the cleaning she becomes a keeper.

Why were you after one of them? Haha.

#1421 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Why were you after one of them? Haha.

I don't ever want to miss it if you decide that BK2K is just too loud to keep. LOL

#1422 10 years ago

BK2K is one of those games I remembered playing a lot as a teenager only after I heard it again a couple years ago. I used to sing along with it. Well, when no one else was around.

#1423 10 years ago

Anyone know what a new Metallica Premium translite signed by the designer - John Borg might be worth? I see one sold on Ebay for $275, but it was also signed by Dirty Donny.

#1424 10 years ago

Anyone near Dublin own an NBAFB and would let me play a few games on it? I enjoy the game on the PC, but have never played a real one. In return, I have an Indy 500 you are welcome to try out.

#1425 10 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone near Dublin own an NBAFB

I have one...

Robert

#1426 10 years ago

Anyone near Dublin own an NBAFB and would let me play a few games on it? I enjoy the game on the PC, but have never played a real one. In return, I have an Indy 500 you are welcome to try out.

I have one. Im in Merced though. It's currently in my store, open to the public to play.

Mike

#1427 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Anybody have any leads?

Hey. We just met last weekend at sparky's. I have a FP I'll be selling soon. Good condition. LED's. I need to do a few more bullet proofing things to it first though. PM me if you want to see some pics. I also have a very nice BK I'm thinking about selling. And I've been looking for a sttng. Maybe we could work something out?

Mike

#1428 10 years ago

Bump from Anaheim. 80 days until pagg pinheads.
    I will bring some Shasta.

#1429 10 years ago

Got Bulbs? How about donating your unwanted 44/47 bulbs? They will be going to the Pacific Pinball Museum. I figured most of us either replace with new or LED's and toss the old ones out. I'll be collecting them at at PAGG. After that I plan on putting them in the tumbler, testing, then handing them over to the museum. If you want to tumble them beforehand, that would be great.
    They are glad to take them and save money on bulbs. Just bring them to PAGG in a baggie and I'll do the rest. Details to follow. Probably a 5 Gal. bucket near the front.
    Thanks,
    Izzy

#1430 10 years ago

Great idea. I just took them a box of 5000 each of 44/47 and 555 with the last machine I donated to them.

#1431 10 years ago

I'm in. I've got 2 machines worth.

#1432 10 years ago

Wow 5000 +. That's a hell of a lot of testing and cleaning.

#1433 10 years ago

Yes, it was. I was glad to get rid of them as I was running out of space for them.

#1434 10 years ago

Hope this finds it's way to someone looking for a fairly priced SS (3900).

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#1435 10 years ago

Two tourneys coming up in SF to support Barry Oursler and Python Anghelo - both at Free Gold Watch on Wed (tomorrow) and Sunday at 6pm (not 2pm as listed here): Pinball benefit week.jpgPinball benefit week.jpg

#1436 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Why did you show me that????

Why, oh why...

#1437 10 years ago

Everyone, I have a very used but complete set of ramps for es. Probably best used for learning how to flame polish. Come and pick em up in sacramento.

#1438 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why did you show me that????

Why, oh why...

I know! I want I want I want! But not nearly enough $$$ in my fund

#1439 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Two tourneys coming up in SF to support Barry Oursler and Python Anghelo - both at Free Gold Watch on Wed (tomorrow) and Sunday at 6pm (not 2pm as listed here):

Pinball benefit week.jpg 146 KB

Nice! I posted it up on my site (no one reads that shit anyway).

#1440 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I emailed them, but no response. If anyone has an SS for this price, let me know. It's my moms favorite game.

#1441 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Everyone, I have a very used but complete set of ramps for es. Probably best used for learning how to flame polish. Come and pick em up in sacramento.

If they are still around when PAGG arrives, I will take them!

Brad

#1442 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I emailed as well and heard nothing. Had a blast tonight CCPL west. Can't wait for PAGG 2014.Should be an epic time

#1443 10 years ago

It's my pleasure to invite all Bay Area pinball fans to the first ever Pinball Prom at the Pacific Pinball Museum next Saturday, March 8th (co-sponsored by Belles & Chimes).

Break out the formal wear and join us at PPM for a night of pinball, dancing, and comedy! All-female comedy group Feminist Tendencies will be performing (the group includes local pinhead and frequent organizer of events at PPM, Nina G). Comedy starts at 8, when the show is over, a DJ will take over the party room for dancing until midnight.

$15 per person, which includes all day admission to the museum. Get tickets in advance here or just pay at the door. We'll have free snacks and a no-host bar. FB event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/498161836957224/

// Error: Image 197511 not found //

pinballpromad.jpgpinballpromad.jpg
    #1444 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

It's my pleasure to invite all Bay Area pinball fans to the first ever Pinball Prom at the Pacific Pinball Museum next Saturday, March 8th (co-sponsored by Belles & Chimes).
    Break out the formal wear and join us at PPM for a night of pinball, dancing, and comedy! All-female comedy group Feminist Tendencies will be performing (the group includes local pinhead and frequent organizer of events at PPM, Nina G). Comedy starts at 8, when the show is over, a DJ will take over the party room for dancing until midnight.
    $15 per person, which includes all day admission to the museum. Get tickets in advance here or just pay at the door. We'll have free snacks and a no-host bar. FB event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/498161836957224/

Looks like a fun event. Wish I was closer.

Mike

pinballpromad.jpg 104 KB

#1445 10 years ago

I emailed them, but no response. If anyone has an SS for this price, let me know. It's my moms favorite game.

Probably an email collector for spam mail

#1446 10 years ago

Anyone here snag the F-14 at the estate sale in Santa Rosa today? There was an ad on CL for it. Just curious about price and condition.

#1447 10 years ago

Anyone here snag the F-14 at the estate sale in Santa Rosa today? There was an ad on CL for it. Just curious about price and condition.

I second this.

#1448 10 years ago

If it was cheap enough I have a feeling we will see it back on CL in a few days, still in Santa Rosa

#1449 10 years ago

I have ZERO money free for pinball stuff right now (saving up for a certain game from a certain fellow pinsider) otherwise I would be all over trying to get this back glass, it is SO badass:

#1450 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have ZERO money free for pinball stuff right now (saving up for a certain game from a certain fellow pinsider) otherwise I would be all over trying to get this back glass, it is SO badass:

Sold

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.