(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 168.
    #51 10 years ago

here's the mission for the week end fellow norcal pin heads. there is a pizza place,bar,bowling alley etc near you that you have never been in or have not been in for some time. stop in this week end and see if they have a pin. pins have been popping up in new locations like crazy lately. if you find one post here and on the pinball map site so we can support location pinball. I will be out later checking 3 or 4 locations near me and I will report back. thanks fellow pinheads.

#52 10 years ago

here's the mission for the week end fellow norcal pin heads. there is a pizza place,bar,bowling alley etc near you that you have never been in or have not been in for some time. stop in this week end and see if they have a pin. pins have been popping up in new locations like crazy lately. if you find one post here and on the pinball map site so we can support location pinball. I will be out later checking 3 or 4 locations near me and I will report back. thanks fellow pinheads.

#53 10 years ago

dropping in to say hello from Vacaville.

#54 10 years ago

I recently killed the displays on my F-14 by doing something totally dumb. Read all about it here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-killed-my-f-14-tomcat-tech-help

Anyway, it boils down to me needing a new set of LED displays and not having enough cash. I threw a little mini garage sale in the thread and most everything sold, but no one wanted any of the Pacific Pinball expo posters I have. I have three, I am asking for 8$ each and that includes shipping via UPS, but it needs to be a street adress no PO boxes. I thought maybe someone local may be more interested, PM me if you are.

#55 10 years ago

trying pic again, also now only two left!

DSC_1580.JPGDSC_1580.JPG

#56 10 years ago

Sweating out in the garage working on my DW (Thank you Daniel for the parts!) while 2 racks of ribs slow cook in the smoker.

It has to be around 100 out today, and the garage is no different! (I really should be working on my Earthshaker, but got frustrated with the never ending issues so decided to swap it up!)

What is everyone working on today?

#57 10 years ago

Staying COOL!

#58 10 years ago

natty ice

#59 10 years ago

You bet!
    My whole family is leaving for SoCal next week wednesday....Pin party? I got 2 I could rearrange the house for more. BBQ, grillin, beer swillin and pinball'N? maybe a couple more pins and it could be a make shift tourney just thinking BYOBP emphasize on the B buds, brews, bitches and BBQ and the P is for pinball you silly pill heads I know its short notice thinking friday saturday.....

#60 10 years ago

I just finished up some mods on AC/DC, next up I am replacing a bad switch on LOTR. After that its a few glasses of Newcastle from the Keg

#61 10 years ago

TFLE should be arriving this week. I'm hoping Tuesday. Tracking shows it in San Jose today.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sweating out in the garage working on my DW (Thank you Daniel for the parts!) while 2 racks of ribs slow cook in the smoker.
    It has to be around 100 out today, and the garage is no different! (I really should be working on my Earthshaker, but got frustrated with the never ending issues so decided to swap it up!)
    What is everyone working on today?

Just got back from the Food Truck event in west Sac.Its was blazing.Working on my buddies Indy trying to finish the playfield.Def drinking some brews..Lmk if you need help bro

#63 10 years ago

Just got done a very busy day selling organic mattresses that I manufacture locally. Going for a nice mellow bike ride with my two labs with little brother and let them swim a bit. Then back home to level TAF that I moved out of the dining room and into my garage that is not really optimum for leveling a pinball machine. Want to shoot some pool because I am sick of getting my ass kicked by my dad (30 years of crushing me is enough) damn pool shark.

If time I will than play some LOTR and figure out if I really want to sell it. All in a days work I guess.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Just got back from the Food Truck event in west Sac.Its was blazing.Working on my buddies Indy trying to finish the playfield.Def drinking some brews..Lmk if you need help bro

I will be ok. Just replaced a bad BR for the lamp matrix, started rebuilding the flippers, and ALL 3 coils are heat stressed. The sleeves ain't movin

So I have to order 3 new coils, but waiting to check the other coils before I have to place ANY orders. SO close to finishing I can taste it, but still so far away!

My buddy is one of the owners of Sandwiches Coast To Coast. They also do the food at the Pourhouse downtown. I heard about the event, but decided to stay home and smoke a couple of racks of ribs.

#65 10 years ago

I made a B line for the soul food truck so im stuff on ribs and jumbalaya.I decided to get a real powder coat job on my JD so im also stripping pait as well tonight

#66 10 years ago

If you could at least spread the word for me to any of your friends or coworkers.This custom harley could probably be bought for less than what its listed for, they want it gone!! It has 20 miles on it.
    PM me for any leads

Now back to pinball...

#67 10 years ago

just finishing my tron added arcade mod(Starbase) and light cycles trying to have it done before daughters b day. Im just waiting for kim's reconizer mod. I am also getting ready to add hemi's new shoot to thrill mod to Acdc!

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Hey guys!!! I'm here!!!
    Gimme about another month or two & I'll host a Pinside party @ my place.
    I'll probably have to limit the number of people though to like a comfortable 50 (give or take)

Uh, oh! Spots could fill up faster than initial MOPLE sales! It would suck if Justin had to call people a few days later and say, "Sorry, dude, I thought I had a spot for you, but you can't come."

Hey...wait a minute! Can we sell our spots if we get to be one of the 50!?

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Uh, oh! Spots could fill up faster than initial MOPLE sales! It would suck if Justin had to call people a few days later and say, "Sorry, dude, I thought I had a spot for you, but you can't come."
    Hey...wait a minute! Can we sell our spots if we get to be one of the 50!?

BWHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny Sparkster! I'm actually on my way to pick up a nice Sopranos in about 20min on my lunch break and then Metallica can't get here fast enough. This will pretty much complete all the pins I can fit indoors (and on 2 walls total):

Wall o' Stern - Sopranos, MOPLE, XM, SM, ACDC, Tron, LOTR, FGY

Wall o' Williams - MM, MB, W?D, JM

Then all the leftovers are getting shuffled into the garage e.t.c.

#70 10 years ago

Glad you still have family guy miss that sucker sometimes. Want to play your mm and man badly.

#71 10 years ago

Currently have 3 pinballs (ACDC Bib, Judge Dredd and a recently acquired Champion Pub). Add that to Ice cold beer game, ice cold beer (in fridge), Joust, Bubbles and 60in 1 arcade games, and i can almost justify a party. Pales in comparision to Kerry Richard who lives a mere 10 minutes away...he may have his WOZ by now...you out there, Kerry?

i would like to pre-order my reservation to Sac-town for Fattrains bonanza

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Glad you still have Family Guy miss that sucker sometimes. Want to play your mm and man badly.

Good! Cuz I just got it all dialed in (the MM). I actually had to remove the whole playfield backboard and slide out that ramp to heat/bend/mold it into a smooth shape to connect to the wireform. Works EVERY TIME now!

Quoted from rolandthoms:

You're in! (I just gave away Sparky's spot, OoHhHhhHhh, hehe jk)

#73 10 years ago

Going with pinwillie to meat worldofglenn today

#74 10 years ago

I am going to "BUMP" this thread just because Nor Cal pinball people are so incredible!

is it time for CAX yet?

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

The Juice Shack in the Kohl's shopping center in Petaluma has a Bride of Pinbot. Also, I am looking for a B or C title as a third pin. I currently have an Addam's Family and a STTNG. I would like to get a Fishtales or HS2, or something that would work well with my current line up. I would really like to find a fixer as a project. I am sure everyone else around here is looking for the same thing though. If anyone knows of anything I am ready to buy!

#76 10 years ago

jyfly, joining us tonight? Good thing you have a STTNG, cause mine is down until my aux board replacement shows up.

#77 10 years ago

I was thinking about selling my Frankenstein, but I'm starting to get to the point were I've sunk enough coin into it, I better hold on to it for a while. I think I should put a BSD next to it. After staring at that big DMD, and playing Baywatch at PAGG, one of those would be nice too. Sigh.... when does the sickness end.... I hope not for a long time

#78 10 years ago

I need to work on a dishwasher at my rental and move a tree after digging a hole with my tractor. I am not sure what time I will be done with that tonight. How long will you be playing?

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Jealous! have fun.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

You're going to MEAT him?!?!

WorldOfGlenn...do not bend over for ANY reason what so ever.

#81 10 years ago

Says the sosage.

Quoted from sosage:

You're going to MEAT him?!?!
    WorldOfGlenn...do not bend over for ANY reason what so ever.

#82 10 years ago

My garage game room is small, but complete finally. I would be willing to host a night of pins in a couple of weeks.

#83 10 years ago

Sent the 20+JD parts to the PC place in Carmichael.Thanks again Sparky for the OJT on easy side rail removal.Summer is here time for BBQ brews and pins.My shack is going to suck this weekend.107 on Saturday

#84 10 years ago

I don't have a ton of pins right now(about a dozen), but I would love to host something here. Let me try to pull something together in the next couple of weeks.

Sean

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Thanks for having us over glenn!! We'll have to get together again in the future. great collection had a great time

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Currently have 3 pinballs (ACDC Bib, Judge Dredd and a recently acquired Champion Pub). Add that to Ice cold beer game, ice cold beer (in fridge), Joust, Bubbles and 60in 1 arcade games, and i can almost justify a party. Pales in comparision to Kerry Richard who lives a mere 10 minutes away...he may have his WOZ by now...you out there, Kerry?

It's pretty hard to keep up with that guy. Sounds like you've got a sweet lineup. Ice Cold Beer is super hard to find. I'd like to get a Budweiser Tapper someday.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Sent the 20+JD parts to the PC place in Carmichael.Thanks again Sparky for the OJT on easy side rail removal.Summer is here time for BBQ brews and pins.My shack is going to suck this weekend.107 on Saturday

Glad to hear you got the siderails off without any problems. Are you going with the same colr red? That was a nice color for the JD!

#89 10 years ago

Very nice to meet you Glenn and thank you again for sharing your pins.

IMG_5273.JPGIMG_5273.JPG

#90 10 years ago

So who saw that ad on Craigslist yesterday around 4pm about the warehouse full of pins and arcade games for insanely low prices? Dying to know if it was real.

#91 10 years ago

I think willie mentioned that to me. The elusive warehouse full of pins

#92 10 years ago

I saw the listing at 11pm last night. Said he had 2 TW, asking $500, among others. Sounded too good to be true. Sent an email but never heard back. I don't see the ad listed anymore.

#93 10 years ago

I saw it and replied, even though I'd bet 100-to-1 it was fake. You never know. I didn't hear back.

At $300-$500 per pin, including TAF and TZ x 2, I would've rented a storage unit and bought every pin!

Did anyone hear back?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Glad to hear you got the siderails off without any problems. Are you going with the same colr red? That was a nice color for the JD!

I picked out a deeper red.little bit on the bloody side.I will shoot photos when its done.I was in Modesto today and stopped by funworks.Seems all the pins are gone,or did I miss a hidden room someplace.Also stopped by the bowling alley and saw what must have been the filthiest pins ever on route.If someone can confirm this please update the pinmap

#95 10 years ago

So sad I missed the Petaluma get together had to work late. Hope I can get in on next time or open up my garage in the same way soon.

#96 10 years ago

I sent an email from two different email addresses. I didn't hear back either. I said that I had cash in hand and could be there in 30 minutes. Sounds too good to be true, must not be true!

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

I picked out a deeper red.little bit on the bloody side.I will shoot photos when its done.I was in Modesto today and stopped by funworks.Seems all the pins are gone,or did I miss a hidden room someplace.Also stopped by the bowling alley and saw what must have been the filthiest pins ever on route.If someone can confirm this please update the pinmap

I wished you would have contaced me! I'm 10 minutes from Modesto, and I was home all day!

About two weeks ago, I bought two of the four machines at that Funworks, as well as one from the owner's house. There should have been a RCT and NASCAR still there, but maybe they pulled them to work on them, or they sold them to someone else. It sounded like the guy didn't want to operate any more pinball.

#98 10 years ago

oh well bummer bro..I have an interview in Stockton on Friday.lmk if your around then bro

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Hope I can get in on next time or open up my garage in the same way soon.

We're coming down there next starbase !!!

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I wished you would have contaced me! I'm 10 minutes from Modesto, and I was home all day!
    About two weeks ago, I bought two of the four machines at that Funworks, as well as one from the owner's house. There should have been a RCT and Nascar still there, but maybe they pulled them to work on them, or they sold them to someone else. It sounded like the guy didn't want to operate any more pinball.

Aha! You're the one who got the STTNG! I was trying to get at one! :p. yeah, the RCT, and NASCAR were both bought by someone else a couple weeks ago, as well as the rocky and bullwinkle.....all were immediately put on CL, BTW.

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.