(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 168.
    #7901 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I used to belong to this group in Livermore. Mainly so I could use their CNC router and Laser cutter: https://www.robotgarden.org/
    if you print enough, it may make sense to buy your own 3d printer, they have gotten so cheap lately. I bought this one for my kids but have made plenty of my own parts on it lately and it was super easy to use: amazon.com link »

Which s/w do you use.

Robert

#7902 1 year ago

Selling a walking dead pro just north of the border.

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling our Home Use Only (I am the 2nd owner) Walking Dead Pro model with some nice mods. We bought it from the original owner in December of 2020. Total lifetime plays are just ...”
    2023-03-29
    Tucson, AZ
    6,700 (Firm)
    Archived after: 6 days
    Viewed: 299 times

#7903 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Which s/w do you use.
    Robert

Either autocad or fusion360 depending on what I am making, and then i just transfer the STL to the software that came with the printer for slicing.

#7904 1 year ago

A bump.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Great game! It's always a favorite when I have visitors. No problems, a clean game. Cabinet looks good. If you want specific pictures, just send me a request.”
    2023-03-17
    San Ramon, CA
    4,100 (OBO)
    Archived after: 20 days
    Viewed: 313 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#7905 1 year ago
    Quoted from JerodP:

Fast Eddie’s Meal on a Bun in Modesto now has a solid lineup. Apparently we’re having our next couple league nights there too. Modesto has turned into a great pinball town. [quoted image]

The Foo Fighters just got added yesterday. MOAB is a pretty sweet spot.

#7906 1 year ago

Anyone in Central CA that does System 8 board repairs?
    or if need be can have the boards shipped out so looking for recommendations.

#7907 1 year ago

meSz You can send it to me (I'm not far from you, in Atascadero, north of San Luis Obispo)
    If interested I can provide the details .

Mike

#7908 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

meSz You can send it to me (I'm not far from you, in Atascadero, north of San Luis Obispo)
    Mike

Brilliant, I am actually asking for a chap down in Ventura. Older gentleman that I try to help out. Will PM you.

#7909 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

Mike

Mike knows his stuff and does high quality work.

#7910 1 year ago

I’m going to try and unload a Big Blue SF2 CE arcade machine and an Atari Toobin arcade machine again. These are OG not Arcade1up. If anyone is interested, PM me. I’m finally free all week to try again.

#7911 1 year ago

Im looking for a working cd jukebox.
    Harley D.

#7912 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m going to try and unload a Big Blue SF2 CE arcade machine and an Atari Toobin arcade machine again. These are OG not Arcade1up. If anyone is interested, PM me. I’m finally free all week to try again.

Ugh... Toobin!!! I wish i had the damn space for this!! Hang on to it for like 4 more months and then I will totally buy it, haha (JK, ugh)

#7913 1 year ago

I have a Bally AFM nice condition I will likely make an ad next week.Any locals looking PM me.If I sell to a Pinsider I will make an ad and pay the fees.Cash is best but would consider cash plus trades towards
    JJP POTC
    Munsters LE
    Zeppelin Prem or LE
    mettalica

#7914 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m going to try and unload a Big Blue SF2 arcade machine and an Atari Toobin arcade machine again. If anyone is interested, PM me. I’m finally free all week to try again.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Ugh... Toobin!!! I wish i had the damn space for this!! Hang on to it for like 4 more months and then I will totally buy it, haha (JK, ugh)

It’s a fun game. Luckily my waterfall marquee still works too. Such a wacky concept.

#7915 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

It’s a fun game. Luckily my waterfall marquee still works too. Such a wacky concept.

Love Toobin. Would look good next to a white water

#7916 1 year ago

Does anyone local-ish to Elk Grove have a good working Bally solenoid driver board that could be used in a silverball mania?

#7917 1 year ago

I struggle with space every year, so my JP-Premium is on the market if anyone wants to grab one locally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155228

#7918 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I struggle with space every year, so my JP-Premium is on the market if anyone wants to grab one locally.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155228

PM Sent ...

#7919 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I have a Bally AFM nice condition I will likely make an ad next week.Any locals looking PM me.If I sell to a Pinsider I will make an ad and pay the fees.Cash is best but would consider cash plus trades towards
    JJP POTC
    Munsters LE
    Zeppelin Prem or LE
    mettalica

Sent ya a PM...

#7920 1 year ago

Listed my Godzilla Premium and Guns N Roses LE. PM me if interested. Thanks!

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Minty Fresh GZ Premium for sale! Original 1st owner, bought new in box - HUO with Insider Connected. March 30, 2022 build date. Zero Issues - Game plays perfect since the day it wa...”
    2023-04-09
    Oakley, CA
    10,500 (OBO)
    Archived after: 12 days
    Viewed: 317 times
    Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Welcome to the Jungle! Selling my GNR LE - 1st owner, HUO game - dialed in and ready to rock! Fantastic game, no issues. Plays flawless - fast & fun and is a great addition to...”
    2023-04-07
    Oakley, CA
    8,700 (OBO)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 174 times

#7922 1 year ago

sorry I was trying to post only this,just figured it out

#7923 1 year ago

Howdy fine NorCal folk! I'll be bringing some rare birds to GSPF, so wanted to give a heads up if anyone is interested in buying:

It's the Martial Arcade trio

Bally Black Belt
    Stern Dragonfist
    Inder Bushido

Send me a PM if interested. Want to support the show so will not sell beforehand...

#7924 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

sorry I was trying to post only this,just figured it out

Dang! that game looks Brand new! the cabinet looks so crisp and clean.

#7925 1 year ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Dang! that game looks Brand new! the cabinet looks so crisp and clean.

I got it in trade,the pinsider I got it from has done some really good work IMO.

#7926 1 year ago

I would prefer cash but may entertain trades for met or zepp plus or minus cash

#7927 1 year ago

Listing some pins soon

James Bond LE $11k
    Cheetah Blue Cabinet prototype 5k
    Black Rose with clear coated playfield $5k
    Blackwater 100. $5k
    Ultraman CE $7k

#7928 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I got it in trade,the pinsider I got it from has done some really good work IMO.

I think I need to adjust my Price,anyone that wants a Bally AFM im taking reasonable offers.
    Will drop ad price tommorow to reflect that.

#7929 12 months ago

Was sale pending over the weekend but Buyer bailed,back up new lower price

#7930 12 months ago

Toyz Unlimited is selling 5 fully loaded Deluxe American Pinball demo machines at the Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi May 19-21st

We will have:
    (2) Galactic Tank Force Deluxe
    (1) Legends of Valhalla Limited Deluxe (only 500 made)
    (1) Oktoberfest Deluxe
    (1) Hot Wheels Deluxe

All machines will have the following upgrades and more: Magic glass, shaker motor, knocker and interior art blades

All 5 machines are available for pre-sale before the show at up to a $750 discount off normal price. Machines can be picked up from the show on Sunday the 21st after 5pm. Machines can also be picked up from Bakersfield, CA the week after the show.

Send me a PM if you are interested reserving a game to purchase.

#7931 11 months ago

Wonka CE, located in Tracy.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, 431 lifetime plays at time of posting, bought from Pinball Star. - Invisiglass (Comes with all CEs) - Cliffies on the drops - shaker - Factory mod Overall great shape,...”
    2023-04-30
    Tracy, CA
    Archived after: 7 days
    Viewed: 257 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#7932 11 months ago

Nice turnout for the Foo Fighters launch party tournament in Modesto today (Fast Eddie's Meal on a Bun). 20 people. Great location, and all the games are in great shape.

20230430_144411 (resized).jpg20230430_144411 (resized).jpg20230430_164219 (resized).jpg20230430_164219 (resized).jpg20230430_172932 (resized).jpg20230430_172932 (resized).jpg20230430_173044 (resized).jpg20230430_173044 (resized).jpg

#7933 11 months ago

Thanks @sparky! I learned some things as TD to improve for next time. It went pretty smooth. Had a great time!

#7934 11 months ago
    Quoted from Vernisious:

Thanks Sparky! I learned some things as TD to improve for next time. It went pretty smooth. Had a great time!

I left before you and Scott were finished with finals. Who won?

I've been waiting 18 years for something like this to happen in the Modesto area (tournaments, league, good games on location). I met a lot of nice pinball people yesterday, too! I liked how you mixed up the groups each round, so I ended up playing with 15 different people.

#7935 11 months ago

I have a mint HUO Alien LV listed in the Market I'd swap for a Black Knight LE, Godfather LE or Scooby CE if anyone wants to work a trade deal. PM me if interested

#7936 11 months ago

Sparky Matt pulled out the win eventually. Nice meeting you, it's nice to get to meet some more locals in the hobby. League finals is this Thursday at Contentment Brewing, if you aren't playing in Lodi.

#7937 11 months ago
    Quoted from JerodP:

Sparky Matt pulled out the win eventually. Nice meeting you, it's nice to get to meet some more locals in the hobby. League finals is this Thursday at Contentment Brewing, if you aren't playing in Lodi.

Nice meeting you, too, @jerodp! Lodi plays the same night, but the week of May 18th Lodi changes weeks, so I'll be able to do Contentment after that.

#7938 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Nice turnout for the Foo Fighters launch party tournament in Modesto today (Fast Eddie's Meal on a Bun). 20 people. Great location, and all the games are in great shape.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, I live in Sacramento, but commute to Modesto most days. I saw this posting and went to the restaurant today with a couple of buddies for lunch. Played FF, R&M, Godzilla and Fish Tails.
    Wanted to play more, but my buddies are not into pin.
    Your pins were in great shape and set up perfectly. Now I just need to up my quarter collection and score one of those Stanislaus Pinball tee shirts.

#7939 11 months ago
    Quoted from zahner:

So, I live in Sacramento, but commute to Modesto most days. I saw this posting and went to the restaurant today with a couple of buddies for lunch. Played FF, R&M, Godzilla and Fish Tails.
    Your pins were in great shape and set up perfectly. Now I just need to up my quarter collection and score one of those Stanislaus Pinball tee shirts.

I appreciate the kind words. I spend a lot of time cleaning, fixing, and tweaking the games to get them playing well. Seeing the people enjoying league and families with kids playing them makes everything worth it. For so many years playing pin in Modesto was hit and miss if the flippers would even work. I took a chance to bring a home collection into locations for others to enjoy.

#7940 11 months ago
    Quoted from zahner:

Just so there's no confusion, the games are owned and operated by @vernisious, and it was his tournament I was posting about. I just attended.

#7941 11 months ago

not pin related, but might interest some arcade collectors...

I recently purchased a complete konami track and field trophy kit. It was a total of 5 trophy's. 1 monthly winner and 4 weekly winners. I don't need to keep all of them, so I am going to offer up 3 (One is on hold) of the weekly winner trophies and the contest cards. Each trophy will come with the weekly winner control card and 4 daily control cards.

The kit also came with a 22x34 contest poster. I plan to scan the poster and make the image available. I was going to ask $80 plus shipping for each trophy. currently someone is selling one for $150 on ebay! if you would like to get one, let me know asap. If you want to avoid shipping, I plan on going to golden state pinball may 20th or you could grab it at cax on august 19th.

here are pics. It was interesting opening the original box. the trophies were rapped in 1983 newspaper. The right stuff and deal of the century were in the theaters.

track and field trophies (resized).jpgtrack and field trophies (resized).jpg

track&field poster (resized).jpgtrack&field poster (resized).jpg

track&field set (resized).jpgtrack&field set (resized).jpg

track and field cards (resized).jpgtrack and field cards (resized).jpg

#7942 11 months ago

Dude that’s awesome! One of the coolest pieces of promo material I have seen.

#7943 11 months ago

You'll never regret keeping that set together, but pieceing it out.........

pretty cool

#7944 11 months ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

You'll never regret keeping that set together, but pieceing it out.........
    pretty cool

I just feel guilty keeping it all. All I wanted was 1 trophy. I Did not even know about the poster or there being a winners trophy. But I had to have them once I knew about it.

I have sold 3 of the weekly trophies. So I have 1 weekly trophy left for sale.

Jonathan suggested I use it for a cax contest prize, but I barely have a boardset. To have a contest, you probably need to find 2 or 3 t&f machines plus someone motivated to do the contest.

1 week later
    #7945 11 months ago

A guy I recently met is looking for his first pinball machine. Wants to spend around $2,000 (or less). Prefers early SS. PM me if you have or know of anything fitting this description and I will pass along the info. Thanks.

#7946 11 months ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

A guy I recently met is looking for his first pinball machine. Wants to spend around $2,000 (or less). Prefers early SS. PM me if you have or know of anything fitting this description and I will pass along the info. Thanks.

I have a complete project gottlieb raven in good condition that need normal refurbishment to be back to working condition. Price is $999

#7947 11 months ago

Looking to trade (or sell) my loaded and dialed in Houdini for a 007 pro or ???
    See it here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157613

#7948 11 months ago

Anybody have a pitch and bat they’d like to sell? I’d prefer one of the ones with pitch selection/influence but would consider others. Thanks.

#7949 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

not pin related, but might interest some arcade collectors...
    I recently purchased a complete konami track and field trophy kit. It was a total of 5 trophy's. 1 monthly winner and 4 weekly winners. I don't need to keep all of them, so I am going to offer up 3 (One is on hold) of the weekly winner trophies and the contest cards. Each trophy will come with the weekly winner control card and 4 daily control cards.
    The kit also came with a 22x34 contest poster. I plan to scan the poster and make the image available. I was going to ask $80 plus shipping for each trophy. currently someone is selling one for $150 on ebay! if you would like to get one, let me know asap. If you want to avoid shipping, I plan on going to golden state pinball may 20th or you could grab it at cax on august 19th.
    here are pics. It was interesting opening the original box. the trophies were rapped in 1983 newspaper. The right stuff and deal of the century were in the theaters.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I still have my weekly winner trophy from back in '83... I must have lost the monthly winner trophy since I won the overall playoff contest of weekly winners at Supercade in Roseville, Ca.

#7950 11 months ago

Hey folks,

I have a super clean Halloween CE I'm considering selling. I'm the original owner. The game looks brand new; let me know if you're interested $8500.

(Serious inquiries only, please)

IMG_4016 (resized).jpegIMG_4016 (resized).jpegIMG_4015 (resized).jpegIMG_4015 (resized).jpegIMG_4007 (resized).jpegIMG_4007 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.