(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 168.
    #7551 1 year ago

I pulled a bone head manuever and I'm looking for board repair. Specifically for my Williams Comet.

The back story is that I had a lot of board repair in August 2020 by a reputable pin repair guy. He replaced caps, added nvram, got GI working again etc. At the same time I did a lot of other maintenance/work.the game was playing great. I have the game at my son's house due to space issues. Long story short the solenoid fuse was over amped. Now I have no solenoids except flippers and no scoring when I hit rabbits, ducks etc.

With gas being what it is I'm looking at $400-500 to have it repaired because my usual pin guy needs the whole machine to diagnose the problem. I'm looking at $200 just in gas, plus the PITA of moving the whole machine. Does anyone know anybody who can bench test and repair boards? In Cali would be ideal but I can ship anywhere.

Thanks in advance, Erik

#7552 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I pulled a bone head manuever and I'm looking for board repair. Specifically for my Williams Comet.
    The back story is that I had a lot of board repair in August 2020 by a reputable pin repair guy. He replaced caps, added nvram, got GI working again etc. At the same time I did a lot of other maintenance/work.the game was playing great. I have the game at my son's house due to space issues. Long story short the solenoid fuse was over amped. Now I have no solenoids except flippers and no scoring when I hit rabbits, ducks etc.
    With gas being what it is I'm looking at $400-500 to have it repaired because my usual pin guy needs the whole machine to diagnose the problem. I'm looking at $200 just in gas, plus the PITA of moving the whole machine. Does anyone know anybody who can bench test and repair boards? In Cali would be ideal but I can ship anywhere.
    Thanks in advance, Erik

Hello,
    I use Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron. His repairs are reasonable and quality done. He doesn't live on the West coast, but on the East coast. I have had many done by him and very happy with the finished results.
    Check out his web site here:
    https://www.coinopcauldron.com/

#7553 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Thanks in advance, Erik

You gotta go to the pirate, if your in nor cal and not using Chris, you must be insane. Watched him repair a trashed pinbot board last night he did everything from memory, just amazing to watch him work.
    Truly the best tech in the country, probably the world.
    Why would you go to anyone else?
    B

#7554 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

You gotta go to the pirate, if your in nor cal and not using Chris, you must be insane. Watched him repair a trashed pinbot board last night he did everything from memory, just amazing to watch him work.
    B

Chris who? Pirate?

#7555 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

B

I gotta keep a roof over our heads as well. My best pin repair guy told me Chris is the man and he fixes twice as fast as my pin fixer dude, but my pin fixer dude is great and bullet proofed my BK2K I got from him. He's well known but has been busy. My (now) pin fixer dude says he needs the whole machine. My first pin fixer guy said maybe Eric Neff. I kinda know him as bought a pin from him.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm mulling over my options. Keep em coming.

#7556 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Chris who? Pirate?

Chris Kuntz, pinball pirate, Benicia.
    If you want it done right, go to Chris, there's a reason all those other guys call Chris when they scratch their heads.
    If you're implying that Chris is expensive I guess paying twice is cheap eh? He's a friend, so I'm biased, but I've never seen anyone as competent and honest as Chris.
    B

#7557 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Chris Kuntz, pinball pirate, Benicia.
    If you want it done right, go to Chris, there's a reason all those other guys call Chris when they scratch their heads.
    If you're implying that Chris is expensive I guess paying twice is cheap eh? He's a friend, so I'm biased, but I've never seen anyone as competent and honest as Chris.
    B

I second the Pinball Pirate. He’s the best I know. I’ve also witnessed a couple times when a Pintech can’t fix your pin and refer the Pirate.

#7558 1 year ago

Additionally, he’s pretty reasonable considering he can fix your pin twice as fast as somebody else.

#7559 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

If you're implying that Chris is expensive I guess paying twice is cheap eh?

I implied nothing - just had never heard of him. Thanks for the info.

#7560 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Watched him repair a trashed pinbot board last night he did everything from memory, just amazing to watch

Funny - saw that Pinbot in the cue yesterday.
    Agree, probably cheaper options exist but if I’m real stuck and want it done right I’ll go to Chris.

#7561 1 year ago

Ill hit him up and see what he says. Still happy with my first pin fixer dude. He's an organizer for GSPF if that gives you a clue. He's always gone above and beyond even though he traveled to me. I like my current pin fixer dude as well, id just rather not transport the whole machine.

#7562 1 year ago

Eric is great. Chris is great. Not a bad choice either way.

#7563 1 year ago

+1 for Chris at Pinball Pirate (https://www.pinballpirate.com/). Had him come fix my TSPP and it had an issue he had never seen (which seems impossible) but leveraged his network of other skilled pinheads to help diagnose and fix the issue in no time. Super knowledgeable and amazing guy! Also a great host when I’ve brought my son up to his shop.

#7564 1 year ago

I just messaged Chris. I'll see what he says. Thanks guys!

#7565 1 year ago

I agree that Eric is a good dude too, definitely not bashing Eric in any way. All the GSPF guys are golden in my book.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

Eric is great. Chris is great. Not a bad choice either way.

#7566 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I agree that Eric is a good dude too, definitely not bashing Eric in any way. All the GSPF guys are golden in my book.

Totally get it. The Nor Cal guys have been great. I bought a meteor parts machine from Eric, was a great experience!

#7567 1 year ago

Cheddar has forgotten more about fixing pins than most of us will ever know and I think even he would admit that the Pirate is on another level.

#7568 1 year ago

Anyone want to trade or sell their Guns N' Roses CE (maybe LE). I have the follow items for trade +/- cash.

Ghostbusters LE with topper - currently listed on marketplace
    Attack from Mars SE
    Deadpool Premium with topper NIB
    Rob Zombie LE
    Congo
    The Big Lebowski (maybe)
    Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure (I don't need 2 of them)

#7569 1 year ago

I picked up TBL about a month ago and have worked out most of the issues with it (You may be aware these machines need tweaking normally ) but the software is still pretty buggy, I know a new version is coming soon.

I am thinking of selling it. I am not a flipper so I won't be asking huge markups but would want to get my money back, It has the laser cut apron not installed also.

To be completely transparent here are the issues I fixed.

what I fixed
    1.) game freezes, replaced PCB cable with higher quality cable. hasn't frozen since then.
    2.) Lazy switch on scoop, I bent switch and the problem goes away but returns after so many games. Dutch is sending me a new switch
    3.) scoop eject would go SDTM. Fixed this by putting a small piece of velcro on inside of left scoop. can't even see it but directs ball well now.

quick fix issues
    1.) Lower Right sling shot bumper near flipper is sensitive. goes off with out ball touching it occasionally, need to just bend the wires a little I believe

Software bugs?
    1.) some balls drain and are not detected. this happens rarely but can be frustrating. I had a 17m game recently and the last ball drained and when into search mode =(

If anyone is interested DM me, local sales and you would need to pickup. sales are final. Ground floor so very easy to load.

Dutchpinball TBL is more temperamental than STERN or other company.
    Dutchpinball does have really good support though. Rens at Duthpinball is fantastic. Im not looking to make a profit which I know I can do =) I would ask to get my cost out this. I know this is rare these days =)

1 week later
    #7570 1 year ago
    Quoted from EarlGrey:

Lit Frames is a vendor here on Pinside that has some nice translite frame options.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames

Thanks Genex,Drypaint and Earl for the lighted frames info.I bought a pair from Brad at lit Frames and I couldnt be happier with Brad and his product.

9B392551-4919-4FA4-874F-9C53D0EF5CBC (resized).jpeg9B392551-4919-4FA4-874F-9C53D0EF5CBC (resized).jpegD6B3A5BC-4345-4233-9EB9-1723F15743F8 (resized).jpegD6B3A5BC-4345-4233-9EB9-1723F15743F8 (resized).jpeg
    #7571 1 year ago

EHOH topper wanted local preferred

#7572 1 year ago

MMR SE with All the royal upgrades including Topper price drop to $13k, also Rush LE $12k anyone interested hit me up.

#7573 1 year ago

Just did the woz 2.0 lighting kit (zaphX really!).

Which means I have spare boards (v1.1, 7.5v unbuffered). If you're local enough and need a specific board, ping me with the part number.

Inventory for the search engine:
    - 15-0018-00
    - 15-0018-01
    - 15-0018-02
    - 15-0018-03
    - 15-0018-04
    - 15-0018-05
    - 15-0018-06
    - 15-0018-07
    - 15-0018-08
    - 15-0018-09
    - 15-0018-10
    - 15-0018-11
    - 31 of the single position LED boards; I don't see a JJP part number. If someone needs one send me the identifying marks and I'll match up what I have with yours.

#7574 1 year ago

If you’re in SF and looking for something fun to do in the city.. The Stranger Things experience is a lot of fun and they have a Pro on free play in the Star Court area.. nice touch having all the ST kids names on all the high scores. Anyone looking to trade/sell theirs? I couldn’t get my kid off this game haha!

10192F06-E816-4F60-8B13-5FD61B8B5484 (resized).jpeg10192F06-E816-4F60-8B13-5FD61B8B5484 (resized).jpeg301A911D-E4AB-471E-9C54-EE1985DF4652 (resized).jpeg301A911D-E4AB-471E-9C54-EE1985DF4652 (resized).jpeg961D02B0-22E5-49BB-987C-CEEA21E523DB (resized).jpeg961D02B0-22E5-49BB-987C-CEEA21E523DB (resized).jpegC3A57145-60AA-41C7-B2D2-DAC9A0B7BB76 (resized).jpegC3A57145-60AA-41C7-B2D2-DAC9A0B7BB76 (resized).jpeg
    #7575 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

If you’re in SF and looking for something fun to do in the city.. The Stranger Things experience is a lot of fun and they have a Pro on free play in the Star Court area.. nice touch having all the ST kids names on all the high scores. Anyone looking to trade/sell theirs? I couldn’t get my kid off this game haha!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've seen one for sale on local Craigslist...I think the price is a little high, and its a Pro located in SF

#7576 1 year ago

where in the City is this place located???

#7577 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And just a week ago you said this game was no good... Hahaha. What are you gonna trade out?

#7578 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

where in the City is this place located???

It's like two blocks from my place:
    https://strangerthings-experience.com/san-francisco/

there's a few bars with pins nearby too (Uptown has 1, Gestalt has 7 and Kilowatt has 2)

#7579 1 year ago

Just saw this on Facebook. Would be a bit of a project, but is priced right.

A $300.00 Nitro Ground Shaker

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1971672673221526/

#7580 1 year ago

If anyone is building a homebrew and needs a P3-ROC, I have one for sale. Never used. You can pick it up locally and save some coin.

Parts - For Sale
    NOS (New Old Stock) - “I have an extra P3-ROC controller board that I won't be using. I'll post a picture of the actual board later today. It's never been used, plugged in, anything. Sealed in the origin...”
    2022-09-23
    San Ramon, CA
    135 (Firm)
    Archived after: 71 days
    Viewed: 305 times

#7581 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

And just a week ago you said this game was no good... Hahaha. What are you gonna trade out?

Lol! Just yours is no good. It eats all my quarters. Jk Haha! I guess I just didn’t give the Pro enough attention. I have no idea what to move out.. I don’t want to move any.. and I’m out of room!

#7582 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

Lol! Just yours is no good. It eats all my quarters. Jk Haha! I guess I just didn’t give the Pro enough attention. I have no idea what to move out.. I don’t want to move any.. and I’m out of room!

Sell me your Judge Dredd

#7583 1 year ago

I am moving and would like to sell a couple of games to lighten my load:

Golden tee 2022 pedestal (upgraded last week, older cab, cut into pedestal) $2900
    The adventures of Rocky and Bulwinkle, pretty nice shape, pin2dmd color, every part was taken off of the playfield to clean it. broken ramp, but held together nicely and protected with cliffys. LED's throughout. $4200 (don't really know the going rate, so obo, higher or lower)

pics can be available

sacramento, ca

#7584 1 year ago

Just back from a fun trip from San Ramon to Santa Barbara for an awesome young man and his Grand Dad. They were stoked to park their new Getaway next to the original. Anyone who gets a chance should not hesitate to work with @Pinballboy. Very good communication and easy to work with. I want to see a picture of Gramps in his XXXL Fat J's Pin tshirt. BTW, I think he's looking for a Bad Girls or a Surfin Safari if anyone knows...

I'm looking to put together another trip to Reno in the next week or two, so let me know if anyone needs delivery on the along the way.

J
    Fat J's Pin Wagon
    Santa Cruz

#7585 1 year ago

Thanks for working with me to make it a painless sale.
    I agree that pinballboy is great to work with!

#7586 1 year ago

Right back at ya my brother. I appreciate that coming from you. Norcal pinball fucking rocks!

#7587 1 year ago

Thinking of picking up an old Special Force pin. Anybody have any opinions? Looks interesting, but I don't know that many parts are available for it. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions?

#7588 1 year ago

Safe Cracker $10,000 Firm
    Walking Dead LE with lots of mods. $12,500
    Medusa Restored $5500 Firm
    Located in Reno NV. If we have done a deal in the past hit me up for a discount.

Voltan Eacapes Cosmic doom $6500.

#7590 1 year ago

Anyone else respond to the craigslist ad from Martinez with the " collection Liquidating"? crazy spot, crazy dude, tons of neon, gas pumps, jukes, etc. Has about 20 pins.
    Everything is really overpriced, he wants 2 grand for trashed 60's pins, serious $ for the neon.
    Interesting dude, amazing collection, don't think he wants to actually sell anything tho. Anyone else end up over there
    He wants $100K for this one

IMG_20220703_135657955_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220703_135657955_HDR (resized).jpg
    #7591 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Anyone else respond to the craigslist ad from Martinez with the " collection Liquidating"? crazy spot, crazy dude, tons of neon, gas pumps, jukes, etc. Has about 20 pins.
    Everything is really overpriced, he wants 2 grand for trashed 60's pins, serious $ for the neon.
    Interesting dude, amazing collection, don't think he wants to actually sell anything tho. Anyone else end up over there
    [quoted image]

Yeah I saw the ad and called him to ask what kind of pins he had. I’m not interested in wood rails but was kinda curious to go check out the other stuff he had. Sounds like it would have been a waste of time though.

#7592 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mars304:

Thinking of picking up an old Special Force pin. Anybody have any opinions? Looks interesting, but I don't know that many parts are available for it. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions?

Yep, grab it. It’ll be gone soon.

#7593 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

[quoted image]

Original old custom neon like that go for big bucks. Worked in a neon shop for a bit and good neon isnt cheap.

#7594 1 year ago

Hello,fellas.anybody have any info on P.A.G.G.?? I don't C it listed anywhere??Thanks!!

#7595 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,fellas.anybody have any info on P.A.G.G.?? I don't C it listed anywhere??Thanks!!

https://www.pin-a-go-go.org/

#7596 1 year ago

Due to space constraints, I am looking to sell my *really* nice High Speed. Located in Mill Valley. $6100

NOS playfield installed in 1992 (after the machine did all its "hard labor" on location). Playfield restored and clear coated by Bill Davis (Google "Bill Davis clear coat pinside" to read what Pinsiders say about his work) approx 1300 plays ago and is pristine. Cabinet has a few scratches, but looks amazing.

HD glass
    NVRAM
    Everything works perfectly

Message me for more info and more pics/videos

#7597 1 year ago
    IMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpg
    #7598 1 year ago

Anyone by any chance have an original AFM they’d consider parting with? Thanks!

#7599 1 year ago

Haggis Fathom Mermaid in Reno up for sale or trades welcome

Rare beat up BMX $5500
    Rare Voltan escapes cosmic doom $5500
    Super Rare Dragonfist $9000 playfield is roached as with most of these. Mirrored back glass
    Limited time offer.

EF90AF9E-5278-483D-AC9A-6E466554FA18 (resized).jpegEF90AF9E-5278-483D-AC9A-6E466554FA18 (resized).jpeg
    Added 21 months ago:

Fathom is gone...

Rare beat up BMX $5500
    Rare Voltan escapes cosmic doom $5500
    Are still available.

Added 21 months ago:

Only Voltan remains…. $5k firm

#7600 1 year ago

I'll be teaching a two day EM Pinball Repair and Restoration class in California in October. Class size is limited to six students and the registration deadline is August 31st.

Repair Class description:
    https://www.funwithpinball.com/learn/pinball-machine-repair-class

October class details:
    https://www.funwithpinball.com/events/repair-class-at-the-ranch-10-2022

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/152?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.