(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 168.
    #7051 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

For CAX they will also accept recent negative covid tests in lieu of a vax record. Has to be within 72 hours of the event day. This hassle will keep a lot of people away.
    The masking requirement will keep a lot of people away as well. Who wants to spend all day trying to play games with a mask on?

Its not meant as a hassle, its a requirement to put on the show in santa clara county.

If its too much of a hassle for you, then dont go. No one will miss you.. I don't see how a mask will effect your ability to play a game. I could see if your playing ddr or propcycle, then you might have a point.

#7052 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

Its not meant as a hassle, its a requirement to put on the show in santa clara county.
    If its too much of a hassle for you, then dont go. No one will miss you.. I don't see how a mask will effect your ability to play a game. I could see if your playing ddr or propcycle, then you might have a point.

Not a hassle for me for playing, but it has kept me from bringing any games this year. I'm not doing load-in/load-out while masked!

#7053 2 years ago

Every time I've played on location in the last year, I've worn a mask. Every time I've moved a game outside of my house, I've worn a mask. My wife and I are cyclists, and I often ride up and down hills with a mask on. The only change I've noticed is that no one in my house has gotten a cold or flu for 2 years running.
    As far as I'm concerned, I was going to skip CAX because of the crowd density. If the mask mandate thins the crowd enough, I might change my mind.

#7054 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

The masking requirement will keep a lot of people away

Yes. A lot of people would also keep away if nobody was masked.

Unvaccinated people are inadvertently prolonging the masking requirement

#7055 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

For CAX they will also accept recent negative covid tests in lieu of a vax record. Has to be within 72 hours of the event day. This hassle will keep a lot of people away.
    The masking requirement will keep a lot of people away as well. Who wants to spend all day trying to play games with a mask on?

Zee,this is the new norm!!

#7056 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Who wants to spend all day trying to play games with a mask on?

I do, and will at PaGG too!

#7057 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Every time I've played on location in the last year, I've worn a mask. Every time I've moved a game outside of my house, I've worn a mask. My wife and I are cyclists, and I often ride up and down hills with a mask on. The only change I've noticed is that no one in my house has gotten a cold or flu for 2 years running.
    As far as I'm concerned, I was going to skip CAX because of the crowd density. If the mask mandate thins the crowd enough, I might change my mind.

I wear a mask at my local arcade and use plenty of hand sanitizer as well, but being an avid cyclist myself I can’t for the life of me understand riding a bike around with a mask on especially considering that I am vaccinated and assume you are too. If it makes you feel safe more power to you I guess.

#7058 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Unvaccinated people are inadvertently prolonging the masking requirement

Truer words have never been spoken...

#7059 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

but being an avid cyclist myself I can’t for the life of me understand riding a bike around with a mask on especially considering that I am vaccinated and assume you are too.

Stop signs and stop lights, my friend. When I roll up on a group of strangers huffing and puffing(runners and cyclists alike, since I tend to ride on multi use trails), I am going to do my best to limit sharing air. And it's easier to keep it on when I'm pushing than to flip it on and off. If I'm on an open road where I won't get bunched up with anyone for long stretches, the mask comes off.

#7060 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Someone who wants to play games.

#7061 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Stop signs and stop lights, my friend. When I roll up on a group of strangers huffing and puffing(runners and cyclists alike, since I tend to ride on multi use trails), I am going to do my best to limit sharing air. And it's easier to keep it on when I'm pushing than to flip it on and off. If I'm on an open road where I won't get bunched up with anyone for long stretches, the mask comes off.

Fair enough, i don’t live in a big city so i have the luxury of sharing less air here

#7062 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Fair enough, i don’t live in a big city so i have the luxury of sharing less air here

heh, yeah, here in the Bay area, I can choose to share a multi-use trail or have motorists trying to kill me(unless I'm on a mountain bike). My wife and I have discussed mounting front and rear gopro cameras on our bikes so that we at least get some footage of the inevitable impact.

#7063 2 years ago

I remember a couple of months ago going unmasked at the Flipper Room event. I guess that was the brief period of bliss having been vaccinated and before the Delta variant. It felt a very weird at the time, but it was an attempt at "normalcy". I'll happily go back to mask wearing if it protects myself and others and gets us closer to the time before Covid19.

#7064 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

I'm fine with it as long as the building is air conditioned. I don't like playing without a mask when it's hot and I certainly don't want to play with a sweaty mask.

Local league BAPA (league president is one of CAX organizers) has already got in 7 weeks of league with masks required and attendance is about the same as before covid. Both locations we play at have excellent AC. Masks ain't scaring anyone off.

#7065 2 years ago

Masks mostly bother me if I need to wear my glasses. Fogging them up is a nuisance.

#7067 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

I just spent three hours playing with a mask on at Pacific Pinball Museum today and have done so about a half a dozen times for 5-6 hours each visit since they re-opened. No big deal.

#7068 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Not a hassle for me for playing, but it has kept me from bringing any games this year. I'm not doing load-in/load-out while masked!

I dont think mask would be required for load in and out. There is a limit to the number of people and sq ft before its mandatory. I would ask johnathan on that as he probably is the decider on that. I plan to take maybe 6-8 games to the show(normally I take 12-15), but I doubt I will be attending. If mask is required inside, Then I will make the show staff, come out to pick them up. I normally take crazy climber, star castle, solar quest, gimme a break, vapor trx, rush 2049, and spy hunter(but I recently sold SH, rush, and vapor). this year I probably take a punch out and joust.

Added over 3 years ago:

just spoke to ken today and yes, you will need to wear mask at load in and out. so plan accordingly.

#7069 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Masks mostly bother me if I need to wear my glasses. Fogging them up is a nuisance.

if your fogging you glasses, your mask is not fitted correctly. I use a kn95 mask and the only time my glasses fog is when I go to costco business and leave the freezer area. The warmth of the breath on the mask makes it fog. not air passing up to the glasses.

Buying a quality mask is about a $.40 or less now. Stop using junk masks. a good mask will have a metal strip to seal around your nose.

#7070 2 years ago

I ran across this playfield stand while re-organizing the garage. I want to sell it, $100 cash. I will be traveling from Jackson to the south bay area tomorrow and can arrange a meeting if you want to buy it.

20210925_084842 (resized).jpg20210925_084842 (resized).jpg20210925_084857 (resized).jpg20210925_084857 (resized).jpg20210925_084905 (resized).jpg20210925_084905 (resized).jpg20210925_084914 (resized).jpg20210925_084914 (resized).jpg20210925_084930 (resized).jpg20210925_084930 (resized).jpg20210925_084951 (resized).jpg20210925_084951 (resized).jpg20210925_085001 (resized).jpg20210925_085001 (resized).jpg
    #7071 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

I ran across this playfield stand while re-organizing the garage. I want to sell it, $100 cash. I will be traveling from Jackson to the south bay area tomorrow and can arrange a meeting if you want to buy it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that's an awesome price, too bad i have no use for it. stop by if you'd like to play some 80b goodness, i'm on your way right off 205 in tracy.

#7072 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you’ll box and ship I’d take it

#7073 2 years ago

The playfield stand sold; thanks to all who responded.

#7074 2 years ago

where can I find chrome flipper buttons for metallica

#7075 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

where can I find chrome flipper buttons for metallica

Pinballdecals.com

#7076 2 years ago

Selling my Airborne Avenger project. Reality is that I'm never gonna work on it to get it booting again. Not sure what to price it at so starting at $500. Signed by Steve Ritchie!

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Airborne Avenger Archived
    As is - “Selling a project Airborne Avenger pinball machine by Atari. Steve Ritchie's first game, and the backglass is signed by him from when he was a guest at Pin-a-go-go in Dixon, CA. ...”
    2021-09-27
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 12 days
    Viewed: 574 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#7077 2 years ago

Looking to trade a Pinball Brothers Alien for a Spooky Rick and Morty. I may bring it to PAGG.

#7078 2 years ago

Considering selling Selling my Metallica Road case hit me up if interested

1 week later
    #7079 2 years ago

I'm getting a little bored with retirement so I'm offering my services for local bay area and long haul pin delivery between Portland and Phoenix. Let me know if I can help you with any moves you are planning. I will be learning as I go as far as the logistics and scheduling but I do have extensive experience moving mine and others high end games.

#7080 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm getting a little bored with retirement so I'm offering my services for local bay area and long haul pin delivery between Portland and Phoenix. Let me know if I can help you with any moves you are planning. I will be learning as I go as far as the logistics and scheduling but I do have extensive experience moving mine and others high end games.

Will you be coming over the Mountain to Reno?

#7081 2 years ago

I would certainly like to. I love Reno and have good friends there. I would need to look at the particulars. This is definitely going to be a learning as I go process for me as far as scheduling and pricing. I am hoping to put together one multi day run a month with drop offs and pick ups along the way.

#7082 2 years ago

So, did a pinsider score the Blackout for $100 and the Cybernaut for $300 today?

#7083 2 years ago

That cybernaut looked pretty clean.

#7084 2 years ago

I saw it early this morning and emailed, but never got a response.

#7085 2 years ago

I hit them up last night, and just got the email that they were already sold.

#7086 2 years ago

Some lucky buyer can get Humpty Dumpty for only $1200.

Might need a fuse to get it working.

Humpty 2 (resized).jpegHumpty 2 (resized).jpeg
    #7087 2 years ago

Im starting to line up some runs and one of them is the full distance(AZ to OR). I'm hoping to start on the 17th of this month so contact me if you have anything for me. I should have room for at least two more items. I'm calling this experiment Fat J's Pin Wagon, serving OR,CA, AZ, Vegas and possibly the Reno/Tahoe area but that can be a stretch off route and I'm trying to keep this inexpensive. My goal is to have fun and see if its for me and not lose too much money figuring it out.

#7088 2 years ago

Is there anyone in the area who are doing playfield clear coating?

#7089 2 years ago

Update. As of now I have one item scheduled going from CA to OR. The item I was bidding on moving from Phoenix to OR fell through. I only need one or two more items to make this trip work. Let me know if you have anything. If it comes together this months trip should begin next Sunday the 17th leaving CA. Thx

J

#7090 2 years ago

If anyone has a lead on a Pool Sharks back glass let me know. TIA

#7091 2 years ago

Time for my Deadpool premium to move on. Stern shooter rod otherwise stock. Purchased second hand from the Pinball Pirate. 8400

#7092 2 years ago

The pin moving is coming along nicely. The first victim is going from Hayward to Salinas this weekend. Let me know if you want to hop on board and I may be able to fit you in. Otherwise this will be a solo trip close to home. I would say wish me luck but I'm already the luckiest guy I know so I won't hog up all the luck

As for dp premium. I'm sorry but I keep forgetting that I secured a pre order for a topper. I'm going to keep it til I get to enjoy the topper for a bit and then sell it for 20k with the rare topper. I will let you dissect the truth from jest in that . Either way I got to keep dp till I get the topper. Thank you for the interest

#7093 2 years ago

#7094 2 years ago

DE GnR FS $6300 Firm

ColorDMD - $429
    Fully LED'd including Flashers
    LED OCD - $160 (sold out)
    GI OCD - $49 (sold out)
    PinSound - $369 (Custom Music with over 2 Gb Rocks)
    Flipper Fidelity speakers and Sub - $129
    New G ramp
    Widebody Bent Plastic (DMD glare eliminator)

Here's a vid in action :

20210906_183349 (resized).jpg20210906_183349 (resized).jpg
    #7096 2 years ago

Fat J's Pin Wagon is ready to roll. Contact me if you have any pins needing transport. I will be around CAX on Saturday evening and Sunday if needed. Also heading up to Reno next week with room for an item on the trip up. Probably not on the back down though as I will be full once I get to Reno, maybe room for one pin coming back . Thx

#7097 2 years ago

moving my Star Trek Le to purchase something else.See my pinside ad

#7098 2 years ago

I think I'm going to head over and check out CAX this evening. I didn't pre register but I'm hoping the crowd will be thin enough that I can pay at the door, yes I have a vac card and a mask. Who else is down to clown?

#7099 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I think I'm going to head over and check out CAX this evening. I didn't pre register but I'm hoping the crowd will be thin enough that I can pay at the door, yes I have a vac card and a mask. Who else is down to clown?

I'll be there this afternoon

#7100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Quoted from Cheddar:

I'll be there this afternoon

Would love to know what's happening at Cax.
    Crowd size, number of games, pics.
    Please let us know.
    Working or I'd be there.

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.