Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 168.
    #651 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Sat pm bump
    Did anyone see the F-14 on Sac CL for $1400? I'm not in the market for a new pin but still feel compelled to look sometimes lol.
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

I just saw that as well, although I also do not know why I'm even looking!

#652 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Sat pm bump

Did anyone see the F-14 on Sac CL for $1400? I'm not in the market for a new pin but still feel compelled to look sometimes lol.

Quoted from borstalshark:

I just saw that as well, although I also do not know why I'm even looking!

Damn, for 1400 I would at least expect it to have the correct plastic on the right slingshot. And buy new decals for the landing lock and Yagov shot buddy. Those are way faded and you can get them for like 10 bucks.

Also I am not in the market either but I am right there with you both, I am checking CL constantly!

BTW, if either of you want an F-14 down the road mine looks much nicer and I would not be asking 1400$

#653 10 years ago

Well it's Saturday night and due to circumstances I'd rather not get into here, I'm stuck at home. I've only got one pin but if any Vacaville pinheads want to hang out and play some T2, the garage is open for business. PM me for info...

#654 10 years ago

the good part is you have a pin and its a good one. that and you have all of us fellow crazies to talk to.

#655 10 years ago
    Quoted from borstalshark:

Well it's Saturday night and due to circumstances I'd rather not get into here, I'm stuck at home. I've only got one pin but if any Vacaville pinheads want to hang out and play some T2, the garage is open for business. PM me for info...

Hey, thanks for the invite, wish it was earlier. Kids & wife are already in bed. Sliding out would be difficult. I bet you have a record game tonight, enjoy. Maybe another time.

#656 10 years ago

thanks guys, some old friends came through, now to try and teach them to play pinball...

#657 10 years ago

I found this listed on c/l

im going to go by there today and check it out. I hope they have pins.
    I will report back later today.

#658 10 years ago

Spent yesterday finishing up the cleaning on the reels and steppers in the head of my bowler. Next step is to start on the stuff inside the lane.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#659 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I found this listed on c/l
    im going to go by there today and check it out. I hope they have pins.
    I will report back later today.

That menu is horrible ~ or good Engrish
    Restrestaurant, Letuse, chillie, tomatos, seatle

#660 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

That menu is horrible:
    Restrestaurant, Letuse, chillie, tomatos, seatle

Meh, who cares about the food, as long as they have pinball. I can eat at home.

#661 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Yeah man. This is what I imagined. We just all agree to show up and play. No need to rent the place out. Another brainstorm, if this works out then maybe we rotate the location? Make it a sort of "Pinside Tour" thing. Maybe a month after ppm meet we go to Free Gold Watch. Then next month Phoenix Games. Etc, etc, etc.
    Not to complicate things though. Just, "let's meet at ppm at X date and time" works.
    I can likely make the 9th. I'm sure there are a bunch of EBP lurking this thread who are Pinside that will be down as well.

(EBP lurker)
    I'll be there

Keith

#662 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Yeah man. This is what I imagined. We just all agree to show up and play. No need to rent the place out. Another brainstorm, if this works out then maybe we rotate the location? Make it a sort of "Pinside Tour" thing. Maybe a month after ppm meet we go to Free Gold Watch. Then next month Phoenix Games. Etc, etc, etc.
    Not to complicate things though. Just, "let's meet at ppm at X date and time" works.
    I can likely make the 9th. I'm sure there are a bunch of EBP lurking this thread who are Pinside that will be down as well.

(EBP lurker)
    I'll be there

Keith

#663 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

(EBP lurker)
    I'll be there

Keith

#664 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Any NorCal Pinsiders put money down for the MMRLE or MMR?

I'm in and know 4 others who are also in.

#665 10 years ago

hey pinheads, I stopped by arcadia today. they are not open yet but the owners were there setting up. they have no pins,just vids and a pool table. I talked with the owner Anthony. he said he might get some pins but they expensive and break down a lot. I let him know about us here and about spg. please guys, use the link in my previous post and email him. let him know that we will support him and spend lots of money if he will get 5 or 6 pins so we can have a league night here in sacramento. thanks for the support fellow pinsiders.

#666 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Any NorCal Pinsiders put money down for the MMRLE or MMR?

I have a MMRLE on order.

#667 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I let him know about us here and about spg. please guys, use the link in my previous post and email him. let him know that we will support him and spend lots of money if he will get 5 or 6 pins so we can have a league night here in sacramento. thanks for the support fellow pinsiders.

Hope you guys can convince him!

#668 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I have a MMRLE on order.

I would be interested to know how the new one plays sitting next to your original........unless you sold it already.

#669 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I have a MMRLE on order.

Will you put it on Craigslist the day it arrives for more than you paid? Wink wink joke joke!!

#670 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Spent yesterday finishing up the cleaning on the reels and steppers in the head of my bowler. Next step is to start on the stuff inside the lane.

image.jpg 2 MB

That looks really cool. Keep us updated on the progress.

#671 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

That looks really cool. Keep us updated on the progress.

No problem! It's by far the biggest project (in terms of size and scope!) I've ever done. I still have the stuff inside the game to tackle, as well as find or build a ball lift.

#672 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

hey pinheads, I stopped by arcadia today. they are not open yet but the owners were there setting up. they have no pins,just vids and a pool table. I talked with the owner Anthony. he said he might get some pins but they expensive and break down a lot. I let him know about us here and about spg. please guys, use the link in my previous post and email him. let him know that we will support him and spend lots of money if he will get 5 or 6 pins so we can have a league night here in sacramento. thanks for the support fellow pinsiders.

Didn't Damien set up a league in Sac proper?

Would SPG or league members be willing to route their games there?

#673 10 years ago

I haven't heard of "Arcadia ", has anyone been to "High Scores"in
    Alameda yet?

#674 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Didn't Damien set up a league in Sac proper?
    Would SPG or league members be willing to route their games there?

Yes, I think it's at a home in Folsom. I wanted to sign up but Folsom is 45 minutes away from me and with my work schedule it would be tough to make it every time.

#675 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, I think it's at a home in Folsom. I wanted to sign up but Folsom is 45 minutes away from me and with my work schedule it would be tough to make it every time.

AFAIK he is open to other locations. His whole thing about splitting the CCPL was to get more Sacramento area people into the league.

Not to come off like a prick, but there is kind of a "...you gotta help yourselves" thing with getting leagues/local scenes/tournaments going. I hear people mentioning, "I wish I was closer to X league" or "I wish there was a league near me" or "someone should start one (but don't look at me)" a LOT. I always give the same advice: Start one. Reach out on Pinside/RGP and figure out if anyone living near you would like to start one. Find a spot. Figure out a format and run it. It's gonna start small, but unless your area is truly dead (and in Northern California, that would be an oddity), it will grow.

EBP started with, literally, the league organizer, myself, my wife and two other people. We didn't even use a spreadsheet. We just scribbled the results down on paper. Our first two seasons were maybe 6-8 people deep. Within a year we were getting 20-30 people a week. SFPD is likely the same story and they ballooned to 70, which is just unheard of out of all the Bay Area leagues. CCPL was literally 8 EBP members and 2-3 Fairfield/Vacaville cats the first few seasons. Now it's, like, 5 EBP guys and 20+ full blooded CCPL. HELL! Belles and Chimes has a really healthy group of players and they are excluding half of the human race!

If you build it, they will come.

#676 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

AFAIK he is open to other locations. His whole thing about splitting the CCPL was to get more Sacramento area people into the league.
    Not to come off like a prick, but there is kind of a "...you gotta help yourselves" thing with getting leagues/local scenes/tournaments going. I hear people mentioning, "I wish I was closer to X league" or "I wish there was a league near me" or "someone should start one (but don't look at me)" a LOT. I always give the same advice: Start one. Reach out on Pinside/RGP and figure out if anyone living near you would like to start one. Find a spot. Figure out a format and run it. It's gonna start small, but unless your area is truly dead (and in Northern California, that would be an oddity), it will grow.
    EBP started with, literally, the league organizer, myself, my wife and two other people. We didn't even use a spreadsheet. We just scribbled the results down on paper. Our first two seasons were maybe 6-8 people deep. Within a year we were getting 20-30 people a week. SFPD is likely the same story and they ballooned to 70, which is just unheard of out of all the Bay Area leagues. CCPL was literally 8 EBP members and 2-3 Fairfield/Vacaville cats the first few seasons. Now it's, like, 5 EBP guys and 20+ full blooded CCPL. HELL! Belles and Chimes has a really healthy group of players and they are excluding half of the human race!
    If you build it, they will come.

you're not being a prick at all. just telling it like it is. good call. that's why im putting it out there to all the pinheads in sacramento to let the owner opening a new arcade that we sac area pinheads will support his business if he brings in pins. you make some great points and offer some good tips. thank you for that. it gives me even more of a map of were I need to go and how to get there.

#677 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

I haven't heard of "Arcadia ", has anyone been to "High Scores"in
    Alameda yet?

I went there a few weeks after it opened. They were still sort of getting set up. I had a good time.

They mostly focus on early 80s stuff. I like enough golden age titles I could keep myself busy. I think they've added a couple multicades with newer stuff, but of course it's emulation, so if you're a purist...

#678 10 years ago

Come down and have some pizza and beer with us, and play the new Star Trek pinball!

When: Tuesday 10/29 7 PM start time. For this tournament, you can show up as late as 7:30 and still play.

Entry: $5 to enter the tournament, and then quarters for your games.

Where: Hi-Life Pizza in downtown Oakland, 400 15th Street. It’s at the corner of 15th and Franklin Streets. The sign says “Rico’s Diner”. DO NOT BE FOOLED. Games are upstairs.

For BART, take 12th street exit and it’s a five minute walk.

Parking: Meters run until 6. Street parking is usually not bad in this area.

Who can play: This is open to all players, ages and skill levels. For example, Ralph Macchio.

What Games: Current line-up is Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Dracula, Indiana Jones, Radical, Batman, Attack from Mars and Star Trek (brand new!)

Format: 10/29 Pin Golf. This will be a straight 7-hole pingolf with no finals and place determined by final scores. A tie-breaker will be held as necessary at the end.

Wpprs: This tournament will award world pinball player ranking points (wppr) at 1/4 value.

Payouts: 1st: 40%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 20%, 4th: 10%. If more than 16 players enter, then 5th – 8th also get $5

Obvious: Please don’t bring in outside food or drinks. Thanks.

startrek.jpgstartrek.jpg
    #679 10 years ago

Man, Ralph Macchio better make an appearance!

#680 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

I would be interested to know how the new one plays sitting next to your original........unless you sold it already.

I did not sell it. I pulled it off the market as soon as the news hit. I will have both machines in the collection for a period of time and it will be interesting to see how they compare in play.

Quoted from starbase:

Will you put it on Craigslist the day it arrives for more than you paid? Wink wink joke joke!!

I never sell machines. Once I buy a machine, it is in my collection for life. Seriously speaking, I am very interested in seeing how PPS implements the new technology and if it changes the feel of the machine. Another reason for buying it is that I have a number of customers who have pre-orders for one and I am committed to supporting my customers and the machines that are in their collections. It would be difficult to support this particular machine if I am not knowledgeable on the new board set. I doubt they will be side by side, my guess is that one will be in my family room while the other is in my basement.

#681 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

SFPD is likely the same story and they ballooned to 70, which is just unheard of out of all the Bay Area leagues.

Many years ago (15 or 20?), BAPA got too big and they had to split it into two nights. Good players one night, weaker players the next night. It hasn't happened lately other than SFPD, but it has happened in the past. BAPA is likely one of the oldest pinball leagues around. There are no records for the early years, but the original members are still around.

#682 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Another reason for buying it is that I have a number of customers who have pre-orders for one and I am committed to supporting my customers and the machines that are in their collections. It would be difficult to support this particular machine if I am not knowledgeable on the new board set. I doubt they will be side by side, my guess is that one will be in my family room while the other is in my basement.

That's good to hear. If I ever have an issue with mine, I now know who to call upon!

#683 10 years ago

Hey Sosage, when did you get a hollywood heat? Thats sweet! You gotta let me come by and check out your lineup sometime.

#684 10 years ago

Can't make it on the ninth, got a wedding to go to , will try and make it another time. Will be in Petaluma this weekend tho!

#685 10 years ago

Can you catch Fattrain and I in the Stern Star Trek launch video?

#686 10 years ago

In case you missed it in the other thread, here are the id badges for the meet up at PPM this weekend. They will be available at the front desk, picture does not show it but there will be holes at the top and lanyards attached, I will provide markers so you can write their names.

Also don't feel like you have to RSVP, just come if you can, even if you don't decide until the last minute. Hope to see you there!

Final ID badge.jpgFinal ID badge.jpg
    #687 10 years ago

Also, these are laminated and I made a ton. I will be brining them to PAGG this year as well.

#688 10 years ago

awesome. I cant wait till Saturday. great job steve and thanks.

#689 10 years ago

Sweet - wish I could make it! I want one of those badges

#690 10 years ago

Anyone got a fun project pin they want to sell me? Got that pin in your garage that you'll never get around fixing up? I'm looking for that one or pretty much whatever pre-1990! Would prefer mostly electronically sound, but for a reasonable price I'm up for whatever. Send me a PM!

#691 10 years ago

Awesome work Steve sorry I cannot attend this.

#692 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Sweet - wish I could make it! I want one of those badges

I have plenty, next time Jonny has a local tourney I will bring you one.

Quoted from starbase:

Awesome work Steve sorry I cannot attend this.

Too bad. Maybe next time. I hope to make this a every few months event, maybe rotate it between different hot spots in the bay area.

#693 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

awesome. I cant wait till Saturday. great job steve and thanks.

You are very welcome. You have been a great champion of this meet up, very enthusiastic which has made planning it very rewarding. Looking forward to meeting you!

#694 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

You are very welcome. You have been a great champion of this meet up, very enthusiastic which has made planning it very rewarding. Looking forward to meeting you!

same here, its going to be epic. on a side note, everyone should make sure to play an em or three as to remember our pinball roots. dibs on the 1st game on surf champ or fireball.

#695 10 years ago

^^^^ for sure! They have that awesome see through surfer there, if you have never seen it, it is amazing! And you never need to ask me twice to play a game of Wizard.

#696 10 years ago

ah yes, wizard. when I was a wee lad there was a mom and pop grocery near my house that had a wizard and big brave. i pumped a lot of quarters in to those as well as surfer and buccaneer at the local 7/eleven.

#697 10 years ago

Nor Cal !

I. Toying with a special Friend Agreement for selling/buying back a pin. Wondering your thoughts on this arrangement:

I'd sell chopping block pins to FRIENDS who promise that IF they ever sell, I get shotgun on the buying opportunity. This "seller gets first dibs on buyback" promise allows for two things:

1) I'm more willing to let a REALLY hard to find pin in my "very good-excellent players" condition pin go (all my pins are this way.)
    2) Buyer gets it for a cheaper price in exchange for the promise, since I have at least the possibility of buying it back at the SAME price in 1-2 years when my friend outgrows it. At minimum I can go play it at my friends house if I ever feel the need.

Thoughts?

II. Name your current Grail and Chopping Block pin ! I got a friend looking for his first ever pin, in the $1000-$2500 range. Looking for good multiball DMD or Sys11...

Grail:
    1. Fathom
    2. Black Hole

Chopping Block (to friends only):
    1. Cyclone
    2. Taxi

#698 10 years ago

Mof:

Lots of folks do this! If I ever sell my GnR, a buddy of mine has first shot, provided if he decides to sell I get it back at the selling price.

#699 10 years ago

Friendly reminder. PPM meet up tomorrow! See you there.

#700 10 years ago

While you guys are having fun at PPM, I just had a nice talk with Molly at Pins and Needles in LA. Had a blast playing her Embryon and especially her Stern Big Game. Where can we find a Big Game in Nor Cal to play ?
    -mof

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.