Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,379 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 168.
    #6851 2 years ago

Looking for GOTG pro, Stranger Things prem. Or Le shoot me a message if your considering selling thanks.

#6852 2 years ago

Looking for something new. Anyone selling a Deadpool LE (other than the 15k NIB one)?

Could also add another 90's game- how about a really nice Junk Yard or Theatre of Magic?

Also still looking for a Twilight zone with an unfaded cabinet and original playfield. Have seen a few in this condition sell locally recently so I know they're out there, but I missed out on them.

Thanks!

#6853 2 years ago

OK swap meet people... I have created a thread for us to discuss the event without clogging up this one. We are moving here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tfr-swap-meet-2021#post-6277634

#6854 2 years ago

Thanks drypaint ! The community really appreciates you doing this!

#6855 2 years ago

Unused Starship Fantasy repro WCS 2 ramp set $375. Paid $437. Located in Concord or SF.

#6856 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just to clarify. I am still here in Norcal until June.
    I am leaving Ca for Wyoming on June 14th. With any luck I will see you all at next years Gspf.
    Keep flipping.

#6857 2 years ago

Bryce and now you Spencer! Say it aint so. Good luck with your move. I definitely still owe you a beer.
    Harley D.

#6858 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I am leaving Ca for Wyoming on June 14th. With any luck I will see you all at next years Gspf.
    Keep flipping.

Mr.Soon-to-be-gone.

#6859 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Keep flipping.

So if there is ever a cool pin show in Why-oming at least we have a crash pad, lol.

#6860 2 years ago

Looking to pick up something new. Looking for:

GoTG Pro
    GB Pro
    AQI Pro
    DI

#6861 2 years ago

Edit: FT sale pending, SoF sale pending.
    I'm going to be posting a players condition Fish Tales $4000 and a Swords of Fury $3500 for sale soon. I wanted to give you all first crack at them. I'll give 10% off to the local crowd. Both 100% working and ful LED's in both. The FT has playfield wear at the inlanes where the ball drops from the ramps and slight fading on the cabinet. SoF has a small playfield scratch in one location but otherwise in great condition and all original black ramps and plastics. There are four added spotlights and a trough light that brighten the playfield nicely. Let me know if there is any interest. I can send photos and video. Cheers!

16211200121577070177596343998009 (resized).jpg16211200121577070177596343998009 (resized).jpg20210515_154850 (resized).jpg20210515_154850 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

**sold

#6862 2 years ago

I have a Fathom CPR Gold playfield in Reno NV. $1,000 shipped or $900 cash on the glass. Open to trades...

#6863 2 years ago

Selling my TMNT LE and Avengers Infinity Quest Premium. I wish I had the space to keep them.. but I got 2 incoming so 2 have to go and my family is the least attached to these ones. I know I'm going to miss them so hoping someone local is interested so they dont travel too far..

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “COWABUNGA! Up for sale is my minty green TMNT LE #177/500. Original 1st owner bought NIB - HUO. Game is fast, fun and flawless. Beautiful High resolution playfield art, zero issue...”
    2021-05-17
    Oakley, CA
    9,600 (Firm)
    Archived after: 24 days
    Viewed: 217 times
    Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Avengers Assemble! Up for sale is my HUO Avengers Infinity Quest Premium. Original 1st owner bought NIB. Game plays perfect from the day I received it and is in mint condition. Ga...”
    2021-05-17
    Oakley, CA
    7,800 (Firm)
    Archived after: 24 days
    Viewed: 346 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#6864 2 years ago

I just played these the other night and they are super clean. The TMNT is gorgeous. Good Luck with the sale djsoup

#6865 2 years ago

I'm not in Nor Cal, but i've made road trips to pickup Aracade/pinball games. Just throwing this out there.

Also, if anyone can tell me how to change the default photo shown in the listing that would be awesome.

Soon to follow will be Tales from the Crypt

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Summer is near and my garage is getting hot! Need to move some pinball machines in my garage. First up is NBA Fastbreak. Easy driveway access to my garage to wheel out to your c...”
    2021-05-19
    Ridgecrest, CA
    3,400 (OBO)
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 470 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#6866 2 years ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

, if anyone can tell me how to change the default photo shown in the listing that would be awesome.

At the bottom of the picture section, there should be a button saying sorting order or something like that. Enable it to move them, disable it to lock them down.

#6867 2 years ago

Anyone have a white water they are going to sell? I've been on the hunt for one for awhile.

#6868 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

At the bottom of the picture section, there should be a button saying sorting order or something like that. Enable it to move them, disable it to lock them down.

Thanks!!! I'll try that out.

#6869 2 years ago

All, I am selling off a bunch of my parts. You can find listings on CL. There are lots of boards, flipper parts, coils, pop bumper parts and some game specific parts.

#6870 2 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

All, I am selling off a bunch of my parts. You can find listings on CL. There are lots of boards, flipper parts, coils, pop bumper parts and some game specific parts.

I wish I wasn't so busy with work this time of year while simultaneously trying not to hoard parts. I see so much I want. Or is it need. No... Want.

Bring what doesn't sell to the swap meet.

#6871 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I wish I wasn't so busy with work this time of year while simultaneously trying not to hoard parts. I see so much I want. Or is it need. No... Want.
    Bring what doesn't sell to the swap meet.

Whatever doesn't sell will likely go to the Museum in Alameda. We are a ways from that. I have only scratched the surface of parts that I have.

#6872 2 years ago

Have 2 sheets of standard glass free to a good home, moving this week and just trying to reduce the load.
    I’m in Pacifica

#6873 2 years ago

Ahhh...the soothing sound of crickets. Lovely as it is, I am ready to have my reverie disturbed by an email or phone call. I’ve dropped the price on my restored Seawitch. I don’t think there’s ever been one this nice on the market.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully restored (full original status) - “I am moving and have decided to part ways with my witch. She's fast and beautiful. Here's my list of improvements: * Cabinet stripped, stenciled and clear coated with 2pac. No rou...”
    2021-05-18
    Davis, CA
    6,500 (OBO)
    Archived after: 44 days
    Viewed: 600 times

#6874 2 years ago

Fellow Norcal Pinheads
    If anyone has an Indiana Jones (Williams) they may be thinking of letting go of to make room for another pin, please let me know.
    Thanks!

#6875 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Ahhh...the soothing sound of crickets. Lovely as it is, I am ready to have my reverie disturbed by an email or phone call. I’ve dropped the price on my restored Seawitch. I don’t think there’s ever been one this nice on the market.

Machine - For Sale

Restored Seawitch #420 for sale

Fully restored (full original status) “I am moving and have decided to part ways with my witch. She's fast and beautiful. Here's my list of improvements:

* Cabinet stripped, stenciled and clear coated with 2pac. No rou...”

6 days ago

Davis, CA

6,500 (OBO)

pinheadpierre

That looks so frickin nice!!! I want to sell a new stern to get that!

1 week later
    #6876 2 years ago

Asking for a friend...

Is there a recommended Video Arcade assembly business in the Sacramento area? The friend wants a Cocktail Table with both joysticks and mini-trackballs. Games wanted to contain Horizontal and Vertical sets. He wants it premade instead of him making from a kit.

I see companies advertised all the time on CL, but any hints are appreciated for a good one.

Thank you!

#6877 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Asking for a friend...
    Is there a recommended Video Arcade assembly business in the Sacramento area? The friend wants a Cocktail Table with both joysticks and mini-trackballs. Games wanted to contain Horizontal and Vertical sets. He wants it premade instead of him making from a kit.
    I see companies advertised all the time on CL, but any hints are appreciated for a good one.
    Thank you!

There used to be an outfit in Folsom, Dream Arcades... looks like they are in Rancho now. Like with any outfit that sells mames and multi cades I’m sure they’re only quasi legit but they have been around for a long time so I’m also pretty sure they’re not fly by night. Not cheap either, lol.

#6878 2 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

There used to be an outfit in Folsom, Dream Arcades... looks like they are in Rancho now. Like with any outfit that sells mames and multi cades I’m sure they’re only quasi legit but they have been around for a long time so I’m also pretty sure they’re not fly by night. Not cheap either, lol.

Thanks. At least it's a lead on a company in the area.
    And as for the price, not my money, so have no problem mentioning them!

#6879 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Thanks. At least it's a lead on a company in the area.
    And as for the price, not my money, so have no problem mentioning them!

I bought from them looong time ago like 15 years ago almost.

#6880 2 years ago

Getting ready to put a really nice Ripley’s Believe it it Not! Up for sale on the Market. Playfield in great shape, everything perfectly working. Pin2DMD color display. Temple mods. Upgraded cabinet woofer. Cabinet in nice shape. Located in Fremont.

PM me if interested…

Added over 3 years ago:

*** SALE NOW PENDING ***

#6881 2 years ago

Do anyone have experience with these? I have yet to contact them, I wanted to see if anyone have used them in the past.
    It's the first time I see their ad on craigslist.

https://pinballpanic.com/

#6882 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Do anyone have experience with these? I have yet to contact them, I wanted to see if anyone have used them in the past.

Yep, I've known Devin for years. He's a great guy and helps a bunch of us in the south bay area with our pins...

He's repaired something on most of my games at this point. I handle most basic repairs but he's got a knack for mechanical fixes and electronics debug. A few weeks ago he shopped and repaired my RFM. He applied 3 sets of inner-cabinet decals for me this past weekend.

He's done full, down-to-the bolts restorations of my White Water and Firepower. Both required playfield swaps and substantial cabinet work. He's also swapped playfields on my EBD and Flash Gordon. His attention to detail and painting skills are top notch. He's my pinball whisperer.

#6883 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Devin is awesome. He did a ground up restoration of both my Cftbl and my Fg(bally). Both with playfield swaps and cabinet restores. Creech got the original playfield restored and cleared by Kruzman with cab restore and decals by Devin. Flash Gordon got a new cpr playfield and the cab got restored and painted by Devin. Both machines are the nicest you will likely ever see. Stop by my place by appointment if you ever want to check them out. Some of you on here already have. He has also installed some troublesome mods for me including the walking Stay Puft for Ghostbusters and tail light mod on creech.

#6884 2 years ago
    16232720670522456161005066045800 (resized).jpg16232720670522456161005066045800 (resized).jpg16232721127623429566150159286124 (resized).jpg16232721127623429566150159286124 (resized).jpg16232721496589001871758193160092 (resized).jpg16232721496589001871758193160092 (resized).jpg16232721933854321156159059852892 (resized).jpg16232721933854321156159059852892 (resized).jpg16232722620203203208657089260176 (resized).jpg16232722620203203208657089260176 (resized).jpg16232723061547039688866396241423 (resized).jpg16232723061547039688866396241423 (resized).jpg
    #6885 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Devin is awesome. He did a ground up restoration of both my Cftbl and my Fg(bally). Both with playfield swaps and cabinet restores. Creech got the original playfield restored and cleared by Kruzman with cab restore and decals by Devin. Flash Gordon got a new cpr playfield and the cab got restored and painted by Devin. Both machines are the nicest you will likely ever see. Stop by my place by appointment if you ever want to check them out. Some of you on here already have. He has also installed some troublesome mods for me including the walking Stay Puft for Ghostbusters and tail light mod on creech.

the lcd mod to replace the hologram is excellent! I have the mike d one in my creature. looks like someone else has done one..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/58

#6886 2 years ago

Looking for a Mike D creech mod if anyone has an extra laying around

#6887 2 years ago

looking for woz and ac/dc

#6888 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Quoted from Reznnate:

Yep, I've known Devin for years. He's a great guy and helps a bunch of us in the south bay area with our pins...
    He's repaired something on most of my games at this point. I handle most basic repairs but he's got a knack for mechanical fixes and electronics debug. A few weeks ago he shopped and repaired my RFM. He applied 3 sets of inner-cabinet decals for me this past weekend.
    He's done full, down-to-the bolts restorations of my White Water and Firepower. Both required playfield swaps and substantial cabinet work. He's also swapped playfields on my EBD and Flash Gordon. His attention to detail and painting skills are top notch. He's my pinball whisperer.

Thank you guys, I'll give Devin a ring soon.

#6889 2 years ago

Looking for an Alvin G PCA-019A power supply board. I have been playing whack a mole troubleshooting it. Replaced a few caps and a bridge rectifier. Now I get 76v on the 48v line.

29E774AC-F3DF-43F1-834D-B1F81CB8A07E (resized).jpeg29E774AC-F3DF-43F1-834D-B1F81CB8A07E (resized).jpeg
    #6890 2 years ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Looking for an Alvin G PCA-019A power supply board. I have been playing whack a mole troubleshooting it. Replaced a few caps and a bridge rectifier. Now I get 76v on the 48v line. [quoted image]

https://www.coinopcauldron.com/brepairs.html

$58 and they'll repair it...

PCA-019a.pdfPCA-019a.pdf
    #6891 2 years ago

Hey fellow Norcal pinheads. I thought I would drop a tip for anybody looking for a really good Pinball mechanic in the San Francisco Bay area. Sugartown Pinball has been wonderful to me and my pins. Colin has done a full restore on my no fear and been out to do many repair or maintenance work on my sterns, Williams and gottlieb pins. He does really good work, gives great advice, and has reasonable prices. Could not recommend a better guy. Sugartown pinball +1 (925) 788-8577.

#6892 2 years ago

Hey all my sale fell through so this is available again. Please send anyone looking for a great XM LE my way. Want to keep this in CA if possible.

Machine - For Sale
    X-Men (LE) Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “This is truly a one of a kind XM LE. Carefully modded for optimal play, lighting, and overall look. Color DMD with awesome limited edition Wolverine and Magneto figures. These f...”
    2021-06-22
    Northern California, CA
    6,000 (Firm)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 2262 times

#6893 2 years ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Looking for an Alvin G PCA-019A power supply board. I have been playing whack a mole troubleshooting it. Replaced a few caps and a bridge rectifier. Now I get 76v on the 48v line. [quoted image]

Take a look at the schematic again. I just saw a reference to on the drawing which says: "+48VDC (70VDC NO LOAD)" which may be why you are seeing that voltage. The board may be working fine...

#6894 2 years ago

Thank you for your help. I did not see that on the versions of the schematic I have. I gather that the RMS is 76 so that is what the meter may be reading. I am troubleshooting an issue where the game shuts down and restarts randomly. I replaced the caps in the 20v and 5v so far. They needed to be done even though they measured ok. The lights are far brighter. The shutdown issue is still present. I have the 48v cap on order as my next step. The bridge rectifiers measure ok. I replaced the one on the 20v and have another on order for the 48v just in case.

#6895 2 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Hey fellow Norcal pinheads. I thought I would drop a tip for anybody looking for a really good Pinball mechanic in the San Francisco Bay area. Sugartown Pinball has been wonderful to me and my pins. Colin has done a full restore on my no fear and been out to do many repair or maintenance work on my sterns, Williams and gottlieb pins. He does really good work, gives great advice, and has reasonable prices. Could not recommend a better guy. Sugartown pinball +1 (925) 788-8577.

Wow, thank you, good to know, I'm assuming he's in Contra Costa from the tel number.

#6896 2 years ago
    Quoted from AD72:

Thank you for your help. I did not see that on the versions of the schematic I have. I gather that the RMS is 76 so that is what the meter may be reading. I am troubleshooting an issue where the game shuts down and restarts randomly. I replaced the caps in the 20v and 5v so far. They needed to be done even though they measured ok. The lights are far brighter. The shutdown issue is still present. I have the 48v cap on order as my next step. The bridge rectifiers measure ok. I replaced the one on the 20v and have another on order for the 48v just in case.

Could be an intermittent short somewhere in the game in the 5V line? If you short 5v very briefly, the fuses would likely NOT open, and the game would likely restart. Just a guess...

#6897 2 years ago

If either of you two with the the restored FG ‘s ever wanna sell or trade ( or anyone else with a clean example ) its a game I’ve been looking for .

#6898 2 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

If either of you two with the the restored FG ‘s ever wanna sell or trade ( or anyone else with a clean example ) its a game I’ve been looking for .

It could be on the list for Haggis to remake it. They said they are doing 5.

#6899 2 years ago

I could be wrong but I’d be willing to bet Haggis won’t be doing the titles requiring licensing beyond planetary . FG with original queen sound track and actor callouts would be bomb !

#6900 2 years ago

Anyone headed down to the LA area with some room to bring a machine back up this way in the next week? If so, PM me.

There are 8,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/138?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.