(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 168.
    #6601 3 years ago

Has anyone up here in the SF area recently found a powder coating shop that is open for small jobs? With COVID, it seems like a number of shops are closed or not taking on small jobs. I have some wire ramps that I am thinking of powder coating.

#6602 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Has anyone up here in the SF area recently found a powder coating shop that is open for small jobs? With COVID, it seems like a number of shops are closed or not taking on small jobs. I have some wire ramps that I am thinking of powder coating.

I got some car parts power coated recently in Livermore at Fusion Coatings. I had to call to setup an appointment.

#6603 3 years ago
    Quoted from Izzy24:

I got some car parts power coated recently in Livermore at Fusion Coatings. I had to call to setup an appointment.

Thanks!

#6604 3 years ago
    Quoted from Izzy24:

Holy crap, yes! Mass bros has been closed to the public for a year over here. Happy to hear about an alternative option locally.

#6605 3 years ago

No idea if they do stuff like that but I got my bike frame and front fork powder coated at West Coast Powder Coating and it's not that big an item

Their info: 165 Mitchell Ave, South San Francisco, CA 94080
    Phone: (650) 871-0400

#6606 3 years ago

Does anyone have a source to do brass plating and clear coat?

I have an Addams Family Gold that I want to get the coin door
    to match the rest of the machine. I reached out to Hot Rod and
    he doesn't have any or an ETA.

#6607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone have a source to do brass plating and clear coat?
    I have an Addams Family Gold that I want to get the coin door
    to match the rest of the machine. I reached out to Hot Rod and
    he doesn't have any or an ETA.

Ron Kruzman does great work on clear coat. He even has a few CPR Gold TAF playfields already at his shop. I'd reach out to him.

#6608 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Ron Kruzman does great work on clear coat. He even has a few CPR Gold TAF playfields already at his shop. I'd reach out to him.

Thank you for the recommendation... Ron only does playfields, I reached out.

I am looking for someone in the Sacramento or Bay area that does the Brass plating then clear coat it. I found one auto restorer that will do the brass, but is not licensed to do the clear(at least what they told me). It would be nice to find someone that does both on the west coast.

#6609 3 years ago

I have a High Grade early CPR Addams and a set of reese rails for it. $900 pick up. July 2017 made.
    Thanks
    Eric

#6610 3 years ago

I was getting a quote for some powder coated aprons, and there was a powder coater in Dublin who had a decent price.I was going to throw some old parts at him to see what his quality was like. If go through with it, I'll post a review. Can't remember the name, but he came up on a google search not too long ago.

#6611 3 years ago

Just heard back from HemiOrange09 who may be a great source of mail-order powder-coating of my wire ramps. I will engage with him in a few weeks and post feedback then...

#6612 3 years ago

I’ve had a few things powder coated by this place in Fairfield a few times:

https://www.classicpowdercoating.com/

#6613 3 years ago

I'm looking to sell my deadpool pro. Delivered and unboxed in my gameroom last May by the Pinball Pirate, so it's about 7 months old. 166 plays. I have never had to lift the glass. Best game ever, only selling because my premium arrives next week. $5400 firm. Thx

#6614 3 years ago

Anyone in the east bay have a sheet of 'new' standard glass from a machine that they replaced with HD glass? I have an old school RBION machine and the glass is badly scratched. Thought I'd give it a new lease on life! LOL.

PM me if you have a sheet that you are looking to get rid of.

#6615 3 years ago

I'd really like a Stranger Things premium. Problem is that my wife won't let me add another pin to the mix unless I get rid of another one (apparently three machines is the max I'm allowed). Figured I'd throw this out there should anyone have an ST premium that they've grown bored with, or want to change things up for a classic. I have a Funhouse that I'd trade and would throw in $3k if someone were interested in a trade.

#6616 3 years ago

Just heard back from hemiorange09 who may be a great source of mail-order powder-coating of my wire ramps. I will engage with him in a few weeks and post feedback then...

I used Steve and MI Pinball refinery to powder coat my MB and can vouch for the high quality of his work:

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery
    231-740-8575

#6617 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Oh, I may have this...I'll check later today.

That would be great. Let me know. I'm down for a road trip to pick it up.

#6618 3 years ago

Big thanks to fellow Nor Cal pinsider pineal for letting me take this beaut off his hands.

AC0C039B-676B-48F1-BD26-8526FA63B786 (resized).jpegAC0C039B-676B-48F1-BD26-8526FA63B786 (resized).jpegC9E0B51B-1FC5-4748-9405-47308C20CD27 (resized).jpegC9E0B51B-1FC5-4748-9405-47308C20CD27 (resized).jpeg
    #6619 3 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Big thanks to fellow Nor Cal pinsider pineal for letting me take this beaut off his hands.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I wanted this so bad. Congrats.
    Timing and money wasn't in the cards.
    Glad someone got it to stop taunting me.

#6620 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wanted this so bad. Congrats.
    Timing and money wasn't in the cards.
    Glad someone got it to stop taunting me.

Thank you, it was destined to be mine. The night before it was posted I was playing LOTR virtual table and I thought to myself it would be amazing to have the real LOTR and The Hobbit machines side by side for the collection. Next day it pops up for sale right down the road. I was destined to be it’s ring bearer lol. Now The hunt for LOTR is on haha

#6621 3 years ago

I'm still on the hunt for a The Shadow or JackBot if anyone is ready to part with.

Maybe a Star Trek Pro?

Added over 3 years ago:

JackBot obtained

#6622 3 years ago

looking for an addams family

#6623 3 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I'm still on the hunt for a The Shadow or JackBot if anyone is ready to part with.
    Maybe a Star Trek Pro?

A few days ago I saw that Jason at CGR had a NIB Vault Star Trek pro, free ship, I tax

#6624 3 years ago

I’d love to create some space. Black hole, Sac, ca

$1999 if picked up by this saturday.

#6625 3 years ago

I have a shipment of standard pinball glass that arrived the other day. Early bird special until the 15th. $55 per sheet or 3+ for $50 each. They go back to normal price on the 15th ($79 per sheet). Tax added to all sales. Message me or call The Flipper Room if interested.

#6626 3 years ago

Cleaning out the garage.

3 Gottlieb coin doors, 1 Spider-Man BG.

Free to good home.

If not picked up by Monday it goes in trash.

I’m in concord.

C25C28BD-F86C-41B4-9BA7-F0870F04754D (resized).jpegC25C28BD-F86C-41B4-9BA7-F0870F04754D (resized).jpegD9AF7C49-B0BD-4A76-864E-620238DB0EED (resized).jpegD9AF7C49-B0BD-4A76-864E-620238DB0EED (resized).jpeg
    #6627 3 years ago

Spider-Man BG is pending pickup.

#6628 3 years ago

Putting feelers out there as I am considering selling/trading my nice White Water. It was a reimport from the Netherlands, and it was shopped about ten months ago with flippers rebuilt and board serviced. It is in very nice shape with some mods: mirror blades, full cliffy set, bear, led'd waterfall, skull mountain, blue super bands, new legs, new pinballs, color LCD screen, original topper with dome and working and playing well. Only negatives are a tiny spot of wear by the Lost Mountain kickout, one other tiny spot of wear by a post that baffles me as to how it even got there as the pinballs can't even go across that area, there is a crease in the topper decal, sideart might be faded a bit. Someone also oddly framed in the backbox with black. If anyone is interested, feel free to let me know. I am considering trying to get a DP Premium or JP Premium, still not sure about all this but figured I would post to put out feelers. Thanks.
    1F11E44A-E2A4-424F-A98F-486BA2871633 (resized).jpeg1F11E44A-E2A4-424F-A98F-486BA2871633 (resized).jpegC1E04A4B-2A83-4B0F-9740-5BC964BC4319 (resized).jpegC1E04A4B-2A83-4B0F-9740-5BC964BC4319 (resized).jpeg

#6629 3 years ago

I’m considering trading my beloved WD Premium loaded with tasteful mods including the crossbow mod, shaker motor, burning barn mod, color dmd, metal mirror blades and railroad tracks, different signs, etc. This game is mint and it’s loaded!!
    I’m not looking to sell yet, just looking to trade for now.
    It’s running the latest Cleland code however, I also have the Tool sound mod and the awesome/hilarious Bevis and Butthead sound mod with music from the show.
    I’m looking for a game in collectors condition/ home use. I’m also considering 90’s Bally Williams games too.
    If Walking Dead is on your list and your tired of all the kid themes please contact me. We can work something out + or - cash.
    P.S. I’m not just going to give the game away.

Serious inquiries only please. (See photos on the previous thread)

#6630 3 years ago
    0D5CE6AD-5DEA-471A-934B-6FE59DD184B6 (resized).png0D5CE6AD-5DEA-471A-934B-6FE59DD184B6 (resized).png1846FE00-1157-4EBF-9682-1AB05A60951F (resized).jpeg1846FE00-1157-4EBF-9682-1AB05A60951F (resized).jpeg439E681A-F0E0-4840-AEDA-E2C3BCA6AC80 (resized).png439E681A-F0E0-4840-AEDA-E2C3BCA6AC80 (resized).pngBB6038F0-2FD7-44CE-B7F3-20C7FB94431C (resized).jpegBB6038F0-2FD7-44CE-B7F3-20C7FB94431C (resized).jpeg
    #6631 3 years ago

Hello! I have a new Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) that I'm considering putting up FS/Trade so just testing the local scene for interest first. It has all the add-ons except for the bill collector and butter cabinet. Also has autographed magnetic plates signed by my buddy Justin Roiland. Open to sell but interested in a trade for a MMR.

I'm looking for a HUO Medieval Madness Remake Special or Royal Edition. Also interested in a JJP GNR LE/CE. Please let me know if you have one you'd be willing to trade/sell.

I also have a DeadPool Premium and a GOTG Pro (Pro is upgraded with all the stern upgrades, lighting + Groot arms) that I'm considering to sell also. Feel free to DM me. Most of my games are less than a year old with low plays, cliffys, and tasteful mods. Thanks!

IMG_5968 (resized).jpgIMG_5968 (resized).jpgIMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5969 (resized).jpgIMG_5974 (resized).jpgIMG_5974 (resized).jpgIMG_5975 (resized).jpgIMG_5975 (resized).jpgIMG_5971 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5971 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5972 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5977 (resized).jpgIMG_5977 (resized).jpg
    #6632 3 years ago
    Quoted from djsoup:Hello! I have a new Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) that I'm considering putting up FS/Trade so just testing the local scene for interest first. It has all the add-ons except for the bill collector and butter cabinet. Also has autographed magnetic plates signed by my buddy Justin Roiland. Open to sell but interested in a trade for a MMR.
    I'm looking for a HUO Medieval Madness Remake Special or Royal Edition. Also interested in a JJP GNR LE/CE. Please let me know if you have one you'd be willing to trade/sell.
    I also have a DeadPool Premium and a GOTG Pro (Pro is upgraded with all the stern upgrades, lighting + Groot arms) that I'm considering to sell also. Feel free to DM me. Most of my games are less than a year old with low plays, cliffys, and tasteful mods. Thanks!

Hey Chris, I know Roland has been looking for a Deadpool for awhile. He might be interested.

Good luck, highly recommend seller, all his pins are in mint condition.

#6633 3 years ago

Machine - For Trade
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I’m considering trading my beloved *discontinued* WD Premium loaded with tasteful mods including the crossbow mod, shaker motor, burning barn mod, color dmd, metal mirror blades ...”
    2021-02-08
    Bay Area, CA
    Trade
    Archived after: 19 days
    Viewed: 478 times

#6634 3 years ago

Thanks McDoom. Pm sent. I don’t know how you can let go of your Walking Dead. 4 years later, it’s still the biggest “adrenaline rush” of all my games. Especially HORDE

#6635 3 years ago

Fellow NorCal Pinheads, random question for you....

Do any of you work with distributors in Oregon (or possibly Nevada) to purchase your NIB games? I'm asking because I was having a conversation with a friend, and discussing the higher prices of NIBes and the recent JJP price increase. Living in land of higher California taxes, and always up for a road trip, we thought "what if we bought from a distro in Oregon and picked up directly from the distro location, would that save us in the delivery fee and taxes?" Theoretically, this could save a pretty penny.

Is this a crazy thought, or is this a scenario that some fellow Pinheads actually do? Any experiences to share, or leads on some Oregon distros that you recommend for future considerations?

#6636 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Do any of you work with distributors in Oregon (or possibly Nevada) to purchase your NIB games? I'm asking because I was having a conversation with a friend, and discussing the higher prices of NIBes and the recent JJP price increase. Living in land of higher California taxes, and always up for a road trip, we thought "what if we bought from a distro in Oregon and picked up directly from the distro location, would that save us in the delivery fee and taxes?" Theoretically, this could save a pretty penny.
    Is this a crazy thought, or is this a scenario that some fellow Pinheads actually do? Any experiences to share, or leads on some Oregon distros that you recommend for future considerations?

Last NIB I purchased I had it shipped to a trucking terminal in Oregon, as I already had a planned trip up that way. You might also check with your Distro to see if it can be shipped to a terminal in Reno, NV

#6637 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

Last NIB I purchased I had it shipped to a trucking terminal in Oregon, as I already had a planned trip up that way. You might also check with your Distro to see if it can be shipped to a terminal in Reno, NV

#6638 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

There are a number of distributors on Pinside that would love your call. They can help you answer your questions. In general though most distributors don't have games shipped to them and then ship them to you. Mainly they are shipped directly from the factory to your location so it is hard to avoid a shipping charge. Some disti's don't charge shipping, in those cases you should consider that it is included in the price.

#6639 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

It’s obviously been done but sadly those doors have been closed or are closing fast due to changes in laws and how shipping is handled.

As said, best bet is to call your distributor and see what options they have. You may find the price difference is less than you think.

#6640 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

There are several NIB dealers that don't collect taxes due to the overhead and their local state laws, and some even offer free shipping. Try Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA for a starting place. A few NoCal folks have bought a bunch of games from him. No issues. I have a AIQprem on order with him now.

Note: Obligatory "legal" comment: While some sellers don't always collect sales tax depending on the state you live in, YOU are legally obligated to self-report the purchase and then pay your local sales tax when doing your tax forms each April. 8-)

#6641 3 years ago

Thanks all for the replies and input so far. Sounds like I may be a little late to the inter-State hustle for savings.

Wishful thinking on trying to save a thousand dollars or so on a future JJP title.

#6642 3 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:Thanks McDoom. Pm sent. I don’t know how you can let go of your Walking Dead. 4 years later, it’s still the biggest “adrenaline rush” of all my games. Especially HORDE

rolandthoms It is a rush, I love the animations, game play and the awesome sound (Subwoofer). If I can find the right trade it’s gone. If not, I guess I’m stuck slaying zombies which isn’t a bad thing lol.

#6643 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Thanks all for the replies and input so far. Sounds like I may be a little late to the inter-State hustle for savings.
    Wishful thinking on trying to save a thousand dollars or so on a future JJP title.

I’m surprised there are no Nevada or Oregon distributors with stock and showrooms.

#6644 3 years ago

Pinball Pirate would be my #1 local choice. Chris is one of the good guys!

BUT, if there is an option in Oregon to...

A) save $ on sales tax
    B) save $ on delivery fee if bought from distributor stock / local pickup option
    C) give me a great reason to take one of my favorite road trips up I-5 in my Tundra, sunroof and back window open, with a co-pilot riding shotgun, tunes and vibes

...that would be all the reason I need. Maybe reason C would be the driving factor to help restore my Covid times sanity that’s needed.

But if I need to engage legalities and have my brother or a friend that actually in Oregon be the delivery address, then I guess that could be another option perhaps.

Any Oregon JJP distros that are open to talking Toy Story, please PM me

#6645 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m surprised there are no Nevada or Oregon distributors with stock and showrooms.

We used to have Mountain Coin in Las Vegas, but they went under during the economic downturn in 2008.

#6646 3 years ago

Next Level Pinball in Oregon is a great distributor.
    I’ve heard of him meeting people at the border. But it’s worth the drive just to see the place they’ve opened.

Last I checked he had some nib games in stock.

#6647 3 years ago

Baby Pac Man still available $1800

5 yr old video (kind dark)

Video taken 02/08/21 on phone (bad focus)

Added over 3 years ago:

Sold

#6648 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’ve heard of him meeting people at the border. But it’s worth the drive just to see the place they’ve opened.

You are correct Next Level Up in Portland area are a authorized dealer for Stern, Jersey Jack, Chicago Gaming and American Pinball. They have a huge collection of pinball machines. Jordan is a excellent guy and fair on prices. Give them a call @ 971-219-6612

#6649 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Good thing I have a brother living in the same town of Hillsborough!! Coinciden........

#6650 3 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Baby Pac Man still available $1800
    5 yr old video (kind dark)

Nice, I watched both videos.

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/133?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.