Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 168.
    #601 10 years ago

9th looks good to me so far - I can take the group pic if I make it

#602 10 years ago

If any pinheads want to roll the steel ball I'm always here on the weekends in Dixon. Pinwillie I'm a SR local born and raised....Sebastopol Twin Hills 2405 Burnside

#603 10 years ago

What does it take to be in this "nor-cal members only" ? Sorry but late to this thread

#604 10 years ago
    Quoted from welder74:

What does it take to be in this "nor-cal members only" ? Sorry but late to this thread

Takes living in Nor Cal, you're in!

#605 10 years ago

Sweet! I,m in the bay area often, good ol Petaluma my home town. See a lot of pinsiders on here from there? any Casa grads? 1993?

#606 10 years ago

A guy named Steven was talking to me about starting a north bay league around Petaluma. He has a pin routed and is talking with the location about more if they can work out a league arrangement.

#607 10 years ago

I'd be happy to put my place on the rotation. Will hopefully have a new pin or two in the coming months. Could possibly do another get together on Wednesday Oct 23rd at my place, anyone interested? If so, I'll start being nicer to the wife and try to lock the date

#608 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I don't think we really need to do that, that just lets us bring in food or drinks, I am more interested in actually playing pinball not eating snacks in a room with no pins in it.

Agreed. Much simpler just come out meet some pinheads and play pinball.

#609 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gorf:

I'm a SR local born and raised....Sebastopol Twin Hills 2405 Burnside

cool, we probably know some of the same people
    Occi boy here- Go Dragons

#610 10 years ago

There is a possibility of some very exciting stuff at the PPM meet up, I need to keep quiet about it until it is ironed out but you won't want to miss it! I will keep you all posted.

#611 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

A guy named Steven was talking to me about starting a north bay league around Petaluma. He has a pin routed and is talking with the location about more if they can work out a league arrangement.

Im in, would love to get a league started how about it PinWillie?

#612 10 years ago

There is a possibility of some very exciting stuff at the PPM meet up, I need to keep quiet about it until it is ironed out but you won't want to miss it! I will keep you all posted.

Pamela Anderson autographs?
    -mof

#613 10 years ago

I heard a rumor about hookers, blow and a bouncy house...

#614 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Pamela Anderson autographs?
    -mof

Quoted from Mycal:

I heard a rumor about hookers, blow and a bouncy house...

Keep dreaming guys!

#615 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Im in, would love to get a league started how about it PinWillie?

count me in

#616 10 years ago

Going to pick up wife's cousin from SFO tomorrow night. Anybody got any pins for sale in San Francisco area?

#617 10 years ago

EM, early SS, or DMD? Fixer upper or shopped/working?

Steve

Quoted from KenPin:

Going to pick up wife's cousin from SFO tomorrow night. Anybody got any pins for sale in San Francisco area?

#618 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

Looking for something as well.well a fixer upper FH.No luck around these parts.Good luck bro not a ton going on around these parts

#619 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

I have a Flight 2000 make me an offer

IMG_20130922_182035.jpgIMG_20130922_182035.jpg IMG_20130922_182113.jpgIMG_20130922_182113.jpg IMG_20130922_182139.jpgIMG_20130922_182139.jpg
    #620 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

I have a bunch of machines for sale, including a Road Kings that is unshopped and fully working for $750. That is the only unshopped machine I have available.

#621 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Looking for something as well.well a fixer upper FH.No luck around these parts.Good luck bro not a ton going on around these parts

I sent the guy an email on the Funhouse he has for $2500, but I haven't heard back yet. I will let you know.

Sean

#622 10 years ago

Looking for DMD with as little maintenance as possible. Just want to plug and play.

#623 10 years ago

Sunday bump. Morning fellow pinheads.

#624 10 years ago

G' morning...Did anyone make it to the Pinball Pirate Fundraiser Tournament in Benicia yesterday?

http://pinballoutreach.org/2013/09/pinball-pirate-fundraiser-tournament/

#625 10 years ago

Good morning Nor Cal pinheads

Hows that centaur mof? I see CPR just released a new playfield
    http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html

#626 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Good morning Nor Cal pinheads
    Hows that centaur mof? I see CPR just released a new playfield
    http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html

Money sent. Fingers crossed.
    -mof

#627 10 years ago

Who picked up the Bad Cats for $550? That's the unsolved mystery.
    -mof

#628 10 years ago

Any NorCal Pinsiders put money down for the MMRLE or MMR?

#629 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

G' morning...Did anyone make it to the Pinball Pirate Fundraiser Tournament in Benicia yesterday?
    http://pinballoutreach.org/2013/09/pinball-pirate-fundraiser-tournament/

I went.

#630 10 years ago

Cool, glad to hear it. How'd you do? Hope to make it down to Oakland to one of your events soon. Thanks for your blog too. I heard over $500 donated to POP. Also heard that Tom Collins from Napa took 2nd overall. Some new local guy from St Louis took first and is highly ranked nationally. I'm very new to competition but enjoy league nights.

#631 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Who picked up the Bad Cats for $550? That's the unsolved mystery.
    -mof

I know but im not tellin.

#632 10 years ago

Quick update on the Pacific Pinball Museum meet up. Still happening, waiting to hear about a potential exciting addition. Id badges have been designed and will be there. Hope to see you all there!

#633 10 years ago

Quick update on the Pacific Pinball Museum meet up. Still happening,

What time is it on the 9th...all day or something else?

Robert

#634 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gorf:

I know but im not tellin.

Was sold out from under me while I was on my way to buy it at the time the seller requested I arrive. Pretty sweet...

#635 10 years ago

The Pinball Pirate POP event was cool (it was held there once before...I don't want to say last year, but has it really been 12 months since the last one?!?). It's held in the warehouse of veteran op/tech Chris Kuntz, who...for those who don't know him...knows a LOT about both coin-op tech and pinball history.

I couldn't make it there in time to compete in the main event, but swung by to play in the side tournament on Pin-Bot. How was that? Well...it's fucking Pin-Bot. I'm completely bi-polar on that game: I can either control it or it controls me. In this case, it controlled me.

Mark also generously brought out his Star Trek Pro for everyone to beat up on. I'm digging the game, but I have to give it 12 months to make sure I am not in the "new game puppy love" phase.

ANYWAYS! If you wanna chill out with a bunch of the more active members of the Bay Area community, definitely hit the next one. It's a pretty laid back event in a cool little warehouse for a good cause.

#636 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Cool, glad to hear it. How'd you do? Hope to make it down to Oakland to one of your events soon. Thanks for your blog too. I heard over $500 donated to POP. Also heard that Tom Collins from Napa took 2nd overall. Some new local guy from St Louis took first and is highly ranked nationally. I'm very new to competition but enjoy league nights.

The worst in a double-elim is to go two and out, and I managed not to do that. But that "highly ranked nationally" guy you mentioned, yeah, he was my first match. His name is Joey Springer.

And last year, same tourney, Neil Shatz was my first match.

I was 7th or 8th in the side tourney on Pinbot.

Mark Birching bought the 2nd launch party Star Trek and he had it there on free play. Lots of people brought food and Jim V bought pizza. There was this cool chick from Norway who happened to be visiting the bay area and played in the tournament. I think she did pretty good, can't remember. Anyway, it was cool talking with her about pinball over there. They have a pinball club that's housed on a decommissioned military base building that they rent. Members pay dues and they use the money to add more games. That's some serious dedication!

#637 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

I couldn't make it there in time to compete in the main event, but swung by to play in the side tournament on Pin-Bot. How was that? Well...it's fucking Pin-Bot. I'm completely bi-polar on that game: I can either control it or it controls me. In this case, it controlled me.

I'm slated to be taking that Pinbot into my home, hope you all were gentle with it. I wish I could have made it out to the tournament!

#638 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a used Super Shot by Skee Ball Basketball Arcade Game.

Anyone know good places to look?

#639 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What time is it on the 9th...all day or something else?

Robert

I have the "official" time as set between 1pm and 4pm. Of course you could come earlier or stay later, but I set that time as a goal for everyone to be there in that time frame more or less so we can meet each other.

There may be something special going on at a set time, but unconfirmed as of right now. I will update as soon as I have all the info.

#640 10 years ago

Busy that day, will catch the next one !
    -mof

#641 10 years ago

Count me in for the 9th!

#642 10 years ago

I'm outta town for a shoot so can't make it unfortunately!

#643 10 years ago

I'm going to try to make it.

Steve

#644 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm going to try to make it.

Steve

Quoted from chriskd:

Count me in for the 9th!

Great! Would be really great to see you again Steve.

Quoted from genex:

I'm outta town for a shoot so can't make it unfortunately!

Quoted from mof:

Busy that day, will catch the next one !
    -mof

Get your priorities straight gentlemen!

#645 10 years ago

Heads up guys! Super rare coca cola pinball machine on CL. Only 450$! get it while the gettings good!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Also, who knows the story behind those phantom CL posts lately. Usually it just says "pinball machine 500$" and when you open it theres a huge rant about how the guy hates crybabies and poor people and how he got his asking price on some pin he does not reference. I would post a link but they get flagged immediately.

#646 10 years ago

My wife and I will be there. For some stupid reason we'll be playing competitive Spot-a-Card for hours.

#647 10 years ago

I will be there. If anyone from Sacramento wants to carpool pm me.

#648 10 years ago

LOL, yep, know him. He's not an internet type guy, he just likes to poke at some of the cheap collectors/flippers he's had to deal with when he was selling off some of his games.

Steve

Also, who knows the story behind those phantom CL posts lately. Usually it just says "pinball machine 500$" and when you open it theres a huge rant about how the guy hates crybabies and poor people and how he got his asking price on some pin he does not reference. I would post a link but they get flagged immediately.

#649 10 years ago

Hey everyone, I started a thread specifically for the PPM meet up. Please do me a favor and pop over there and RSVP. even if you already said here that you were coming. I need a rough head count for ID badges and other stuff. Thanks

please note! I changed the start time to noon, let me know if you will be there at noon.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-meet-up-at-the-pacific-pinball-museum-rsvp#post-1204022

#650 10 years ago

Sat pm bump

Did anyone see the F-14 on Sac CL for $1400? I'm not in the market for a new pin but still feel compelled to look sometimes lol.

sacramento.craigslist.org link

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.