(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 168.
    #6201 3 years ago

Is anyone going North/South who can grab a pin for me from Eugene, OR?

#6202 3 years ago

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As is - “I am selling a Bally Rocket III project I never got to. I removed everything from the cabinet and had it repaired and repainted. The project includes: 1 Repainted cabinet and bac...”
    2020-09-04
    Lodi, CA
    400 (OBO)
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 261 times
    Contributed to Pinside

Bally Rocket III project with a repainted cabinet

#6203 3 years ago

Looking for a Williams Big Guns.

Robert

#6204 3 years ago

I am excited to announce that The Flipper Room has partnered up with Lit Frames and we have become a West Coast distributor. We just placed a new order and once they arrive we will be your local source for Lit Frames. You will save on shipping costs and delays... And for those that want to take it to the next level (like we do at TFR) we have been testing the waters with adding some extra custom pizzazz! So start dusting off those translites you have been meaning to display.

Lit Frames logo (resized).pngLit Frames logo (resized).png
    #6205 3 years ago

Weird request: Anyone local have a lockbar that I can borrow for a few weeks or a month? I need to send the scratched lockbar from my Wonka LE to Robert Stone to try to figure out the powder coating, so while it's gone I just need a lockbar to hold the glass in place on the game. It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. I'll return it once I get mine back from him, which I imagine might be a month or so. If you do, please send me a PM. Thanks so much.

#6206 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Weird request: Anyone local have a lockbar that I can borrow for a few weeks or a month? I need to send the scratched lockbar from my Wonka LE to Robert Stone to try to figure out the powder coating, so while it's gone I just need a lockbar to hold the glass in place on the game. It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. I'll return it once I get mine back from him, which I imagine might be a month or so. If you do, please send me a PM. Thanks so much.

would a lockbar that was on a firepower work?

#6207 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

would a lockbar that was on a firepower work?

Not sure. It's a standard size game, so if Firepower is a standard game (22 5/16" lockbar size) that could work. I can send you a PM. Thanks.

#6208 3 years ago

If a WPC era standard Williams will fit, I can dig one up for you.

#6209 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Not sure. It's a standard size game, so if Firepower is a standard game (22 5/16" lockbar size) that could work. I can send you a PM. Thanks.

i just texted you a picture,the size is indeed 22 5/16".

#6210 3 years ago

Just a friendly fyi:

The batman 66 in the cl ad below is NOT HUO. It was on route at coinop in SF.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#6211 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just a friendly fyi:
    The batman 66 in the cl ad below is NOT HUO. It was on route at coinop in SF.

So begs the question, who is selling it?

#6212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

So begs the question, who is selling it?

Never mind answered my own question, Jason Nervo up to his old tricks again.

399783C4-3237-45FA-9DD3-5880901D00E3 (resized).png399783C4-3237-45FA-9DD3-5880901D00E3 (resized).png
    #6213 3 years ago

Pro Tip:

Don't get Gorfed!

#6214 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Never mind answered my own question, Jason Nervo up to his old tricks again.
    [quoted image]

In case someone is thinking of taking him at his word:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf

#6215 3 years ago

I never understood why he always lists his location in Napa...

#6216 3 years ago

He probably knows that if anyone sees Dixon they will know it’s him and steer clear.
    I think the $3800 Johnny mnemonic might be his as well.

#6217 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

if anyone sees Dixon

or purple walls and padded floor

#6218 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

or purple walls and padded floor

"he was on the case"... yep, dead give away

#6219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

If a WPC era standard Williams will fit, I can dig one up for you.

Thanks, jvspin. I might have located one but will reach out if these fall through. Thanks again.

#6220 3 years ago
    Quoted from krazy53:

I never understood why he always lists his location in Napa...

You and me both

#6221 3 years ago

Looking for advise on if owning a pinball arcade would actually pay the rent or even long term break even? I have a commercial building that I'm thinking of using as a warehouse for people to play pinball. I know there is a lot of factors, but really enjoy pinball and just recently got into it. I was thinking of starting off with 20 - 30 1990's+ pins, but am curious do people actually come out to play? Also, I know I really can't do anything until there is a cure for COVID...

#6222 3 years ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

pinball arcade would actually pay the rent or even long term break even?

Not likely a good investment unless you can serve food and alcohol in your location. Would love to see it happen though since I visit San Jose often.

#6223 3 years ago

Looking for advise on if owning a pinball arcade would actually pay the rent or even long term break even? .....but am curious do people actually come out to play?

I can't speak to whether or not there is money to be made, there are a couple of food and bar arcades in the San Jose area, but my pinball buddies and I never go because none of us want to pay $1 a game when we can take a short drive to Alameda and play all day for $20. I may shove a buck or two into a routed game while I wait to pick up my pizza, but I am not interested in going to a location and spending $1 per game for several hours. If there was some type of a flat fee per hour or something of the sort, I would love to stay local and keep the money in the local community.

#6224 3 years ago

Yeah, plenty of people go to arcades still. Start a league night and submit the scores to IFPA. You won't get rich by any means, but they can turn a profit. I recommend hitting up some arcades in the area and talk to the owners. I live in the East Bay, so my preferred spots are Phoenix Games and The Flipper Room. I used to be in the East Bay Pinball League(still am, but it is on ice for now).
    Really, you should think about things like maintenance and upkeep in addition to the space and the pins. A machine at home is likely undergoing a lot less abuse than the same machine in an arcade. If you have a bunch of pins, there will be broken shit all the time. Be prepared for that.

Of course, this is all pre-COVID recommendations. Everything hinges on stomping that shit out now. Now is a tough time for arcades, but it will get better(and if it doesn't, you'll have bigger problems than the coin you dropped on some games, eh?).
    Anyway, good luck, whatever your decision.

#6225 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Not likely a good investment unless you can serve food and alcohol in your location. Would love to see it happen though since I visit San Jose often.

acitti I didn't know you were a frequent visitor to the Bay,I missed out on that diamond lady big time

#6226 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

I missed out on that diamond lady big time

Ya it was a nice one. Yep I have a bunch of family in the bay area so I am usually up there once a month or so. Has been less this year due to covid but hopefully we will be back to "normal" soon . . . or normal-ish anyway.

#6227 3 years ago

I have a commercial building that I'm thinking of using as a warehouse for people to play pinball.

I think the biggest reason it'd be difficult to make a profit running a pinball arcade (without alcohol) in the area is rent. Are you saying you already have a space that isn't being used? because if you have the extra space already at close to $0 incremental cost I definitely think you could run in the black operating 20+ pins in the San Jose area. I'd be there.

Not sure if it's more profitable to charge per game or an entrance fee and have everything on free play, but would sure be easy to try a few "free play for $X" nights and compare to see which brings in more

#6228 3 years ago

I’m looking for bayareapinster. Bayareapinster please pick up the white courtesy phone. You have a customer for one of your ads.

#6229 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Looking for a Williams Big Guns.
    Robert

I saw one on CL less than a month ago, relisted a couple of times. Not sure if it sold or the got tired of trying. IIRC it was around a 2 hour drive from San Ramon.

#6230 3 years ago
    Quoted from InsideOutlane:

I saw one on CL less than a month ago, relisted a couple of times. Not sure if it sold or the got tired of trying. IIRC it was around a 2 hour drive from San Ramon.

Thanks, I found one in the North Bay.

Robert

#6231 3 years ago

How often do "clunker" 90's era Williams/Bally machines come up for sale? Looking for one to restore, primarily one of the more sought after machines. It feels like they have almost all been restored by now.

#6232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

How often do "clunker" 90's era Williams/Bally machines come up for sale? Looking for one to restore, primarily one of the more sought after machines. It feels like they have almost all been restored by now.

I pulled a clunker whirlwind out of someone's garage a couple months back, and a clunker Sega earlier this year. They're still out there. Perhaps getting harder to find.

#6233 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks, I found one in the North Bay.
    Robert

Great! I'm glad it worked out.

#6234 3 years ago

I have a clunker attack from mars in my garage. but I am pulling it out for a friend(I bought afmr le). Last thing done to it was putting in bill ung’s kit into it. But that clunker is worth quite a bit.

I might consider selling my tommy pin too.

A friend of mine is Going to be selling a black knight soon.

#6235 3 years ago

i see them fairly regularly, but then I go for rebuilding beat up pins. I've got a Flintstones that I'm cleaning up right now, and a Scared Stiff and BSD coming in next month. I bought and sold a pair of Judge Dredd machines a couple of years back. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. Or hit me up when I'm done playing with one of mine

#6236 3 years ago

Looking to trade HUO Safe Cracker for JP LE or Prem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102332

Thank you

#6237 3 years ago

Looking for advise on if owning a pinball arcade would actually pay the rent or even long term break even? I have a commercial building that I'm thinking of using as a warehouse for people to play pinball. I know there is a lot of factors, but really enjoy pinball and just recently got into it. I was thinking of starting off with 20 - 30 1990's+ pins, but am curious do people actually come out to play? Also, I know I really can't do anything until there is a cure for COVID...

Thank you for those who replied.

#6238 3 years ago

Does anyone know of a person who fixes or restores old EM games? I have an EM shooting gun game that needs fixing.

#6239 3 years ago

Does anyone know of a person who fixes or restores old EM games? I have an EM shooting gun game that needs fixing.

Maybe shoot izzy a pm?

#6240 3 years ago

Not working on those at this time. Thx for the referral. Swamped with pin projects.

#6241 3 years ago

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Maybe shoot izzy a pm?

Quoted from izzy:

Not working on those at this time. Thx for the referral. Swamped with pin projects.

there's an em tech in el cerrito i think, his ad is on craigslist from time to time.

#6242 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I see them fairly regularly, but then I go for rebuilding beat up pins. I've got a Flintstones that I'm cleaning up right now, and a Scared Stiff and BSD coming in next month. I bought and sold a pair of Judge Dredd machines a couple of years back. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. Or hit me up when I'm done playing with one of mine

Not that I mind the PMs, but just for information since several people asked. SS is my grail pin, and it will be bolted to the floor when it arrives. BSD will probably float around for a bit before I decide whether to sell it or not.

#6243 3 years ago

Izzy is great, but he also pointed out here and other threads that he is busy! Go Izzy!

Andrew Harris is the EM guy in Richmond and does great work. You need to bring the machine to him to have him work on it, however.

#6244 3 years ago

I think Pinball Pirate/Chris Kuntz can fix those too: https://www.pinballpirate.com/

#6245 3 years ago

Looking to sell some projects...both have been folded up for too long so thought maybe someone else may want them.

Gold Wings, $700 - Overall good condition. Was mostly working with last remaining issue being the trough kickout was blowing a fuse. Comes with a new repro ramp and air siren, and I think some other misc. parts. No topper.

TWO Stellar Wars, $900 for BOTH, sold as a pair - First game I had setup and playing and mostly working fine except the drop targets needed cleaning. I then stole a pop bumper yoke off it to repair another game. Second game I got folded up and haven't really looked at it. Both backglasses are just ok with some cracking.

Games are located in Folsom, all currently folded up in my garage. PM me if any interest.

#6246 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I think Pinball Pirate/Chris Kuntz can fix those too: https://www.pinballpirate.com/

Ya I've had Chris fix an old EM machine for me in the past, but looking for other options that are closer to San Jose. I know he travels, but I think its $175 just to come to my house.

#6247 3 years ago

Ya I've had Chris fix an old EM machine for me in the past, but looking for other options that are closer to San Jose. I know he travels, but I think its $175 just to come to my house.

and always worth every penny.

#6248 3 years ago

i find i just have to wait until i have 2 or 3 things for him to fix

#6249 3 years ago

That generally includes the first hour the way I understand it, right?

#6250 3 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

and always worth every penny.

Yes he is definitely worth every penny. It's nice to have other options in case he ever retires, not that he will.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

That generally includes the first hour the way I understand it, right?

Not sure as he did some work for me a few years back, but he is a great guy. He even showed me how to service my EM game. He said next time you won't need me, lol.

There are 8,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/125?hl=silverbearss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.