Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,346 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 167.
    #6101 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

You need the artist to provide a description/roadmap of the characters.

Flash Gordon, Gorgar, Baby Pacman, Theater of Magic, Skateball, Monster Bash and Attack from Mars, from what I see

#6102 3 years ago

****SOLD****
    I have a Bally Playboy project for sale. I thought that I had a couple of people lined up for it, but no response.
    So it's up for grabs.

Nice cabinet, colors pretty bright. Backbox was dropped, so chip out of front of wood on the front frame. I reglued bottom and used staples to firm it up.

Glass is really nice and bright. A couple of spots missing, but overall a keeper without CPR repro needed. All original plastics there (doesn't look like any broken, but some are wavy) Playfield has the usual wear spots in the middle. Use CPR this time and you have an original wall hanger. Williams/Ball late model legs, no gunmetal grey ones, sorry.

Boards are all there, but there was an issue trying to boot them up to see if they worked. (see below.)

THE REALLY BAD NEWS: How do I separate the top from the bottom? Wait, I know how! You cut all the wires and it comes apart!
    Yeah, the harness is cut from the cabinet and the playfield. Your work is cut out for you.

PM me for pictures and price. Thank you for looking.
    *****SOLD******

#6103 3 years ago

I should follow up on the wires description. The wires are all there. Each of them just needs to be lined up and reattached. Solder, butt connector, those heat shrink tubes with the solder in the middle...

#6104 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I'm in, I just ordered a translite. You need the artist to provide a description/roadmap of the characters. Not all of us are that conversant in pinball graphics.

Hahaha. Come on man, my three little girls got them all... lol. I wish I would have seen this before I shipped it earlier. I would have made something for you and put it in the tube.

Gorgar
    Flash Gordon
    Theater of Magic
    Skateball (with a nod to Radical!)
    Meteor
    Baby Pac-Man
    Attack from Mars
    Monster Bash

Thanks for your support!

#6105 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Flash Gordon, Gorgar, Baby Pacman, Theater of Magic, Skateball, Monster Bash and Attack from Mars, from what I see

Saw your post after I made mine... Good job mike.

#6106 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

THE REALLY BAD NEWS: How do I separate the top from the bottom? Wait, I know how! You cut all the wires and it comes apart!
    Yeah, the harness is cut from the cabinet and the playfield. Your work is cut out for you.

I bought a project like that once!

IMG_2232 (resized).jpegIMG_2232 (resized).jpeg
    #6107 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I bought a project like that once![quoted image]

Your credentials are good. You qualify!

#6108 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Thats gnarly!

#6109 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Thats gnarly!

Work in progress and all done pics. I guess I'll take the Playboy!
    76100E5A-D989-48AD-A5F1-7629AAE975CC (resized).jpeg76100E5A-D989-48AD-A5F1-7629AAE975CC (resized).jpeg7D66E681-32E6-4984-BBBA-21C992D6C3E3 (resized).jpeg7D66E681-32E6-4984-BBBA-21C992D6C3E3 (resized).jpeg

#6110 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Hahaha. Come on man, my three little girls got them all... lol. I wish I would have seen this before I shipped it earlier. I would have made something for you and put it in the tube.
    Gorgar
    Flash Gordon
    Theater of Magic
    Meteor
    Baby Pac-Man
    Attack from Mars
    Monster Bash
    Thanks for your support!

Also LOTR (Ring)

IMO, the frame is reminiscent of IJ carvings

#6111 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Gorgar
    Flash Gordon
    Theater of Magic
    Meteor
    Baby Pac-Man
    Attack from Mars
    Monster Bash
    Thanks for your support!

Tough crowd!

I'll end up building a light box for it and putting it in my game room. It's going to look awesome and I can help support a local business!

#6112 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

It's going to look awesome and I can help support a local business!

I know they sold some pins recently but is TFR opening back up?
    Any ETA?
    I don't follow social media. Thx

#6113 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I know they sold some pins recently but is TFR opening back up?
    Any ETA?
    I don't follow social media. Thx

We were supposed to reopen on July 1st. Right now we are just allowing households to rent the arcade by the hour. The framing showroom is open by appointment.

#6114 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Tough crowd!
    I'll end up building a light box for it and putting it in my game room. It's going to look awesome and I can help support a local business!

I would love a picture of it hanging when done, if you wouldn't mind me sharing on social media.

#6115 3 years ago

Is anyone making a run up north soon? I may need pin transport from Eugene, OR to the Bay Area.

#6116 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I would love a picture of it hanging when done, if you wouldn't mind me sharing on social media.

It might be a while before I complete that although I did order some of the needed supplies today.

I got the translite and put it in one of my existing frames. It's not the correct size but I got a chance to see how it will look once backlit. It looks stunning! The artwork really pops.

I had a few translites on hand and compared it to them. The plastic it is printed on is noticeably thinner than the Whirlwind and Taxi, and is similar to the Sega Godzilla. The thinner plastic should work out well and be easier to work with when I'm doing the framing. One other thing that hadn't occurred to me is that this is an art poster so it is oriented up and down rather than left to right like a pinball backglass.

Overall, it's a beautiful translite and will look great in my gameroom once framed.

#6117 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is this the Larry in Alamo that would post his services on Craigslist?

Since no one answered you... yes, Larry did advertise on CL. But there was another person too that did (he wasn't nearly as reasonable or good as Larry.)

Larry did one of (if not the last) playfield swaps before he passed. I feel so fortunate to have had the work done by him. Such a great guy. I really wish I had a chance to know him longer. He will truly be missed.

#6118 3 years ago

Just listed Bally Rolling Stones, Bally Nip-it! and Gottlieb Sinbad Playfield on CL. Same as in California For Sale topic.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Added over 4 years ago:

Rolling Stones still available. Sinbad PF and Nip-it! are gone.

#6119 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I had to do a repair like that once too.
    What were these people thinking??? and it was a Williams game to boot.

1 week later
    #6120 3 years ago

Machine - For Sale
    Blackout Archived
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Selling my Blackout. Nice playfield, playfield protector, new backglass, new plastics, WPC style flippers, new displays, LEDs, EVO rings for pop bumpers. Rebuilt in more of a blu...”
    2020-08-14
    San Ramon, CA
    1,500 (OBO)
    Archived after: 12 days
    Viewed: 434 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#6121 3 years ago

Does anybody know this tech?are they on pinside? apparently they only work on Em's

#6122 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Does anybody know this tech?are they on pinside? apparently they only work on Em's

I do. That is Andrew Harris and he does specialize on EMs. He does great work.

I just chatted with him last week. If you need a game done, you will have to bring it to him in Richmond. He has stuff going on at home right now.

#6123 3 years ago

Been putting off a 'big' project to swap the ramps on my Tales of the Arabian Nights machine. I have the new ramps and just need to remove old and put in new. All three will get swapped. Last time I needed ramps swapped (on a FH), I had Mike at DCT do the work. (But that was 15 years ago)

Am I biting off more than I think I am? Any guidance or suggestions welcome. I am thinking of doing so this weekend.

#6124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Been putting off a 'big' project to swap the ramps on my Tales of the Arabian Nights machine. I have the new ramps and just need to remove old and put in new. All three will get swapped. Last time I needed ramps swapped (on a FH), I had Mike at DCT do the work. (But that was 15 years ago)
    Am I biting off more than I think I am? Any guidance or suggestions welcome. I am thinking of doing so this weekend.

Not that bad honestly. Be careful on the wood screws on the metal flaps at the entrance of the ramps, you want to use the correct size Philips screwdriver (#1 I believe) and not strip the heads. It's not bad with the holes already there though, harder on a new playfield swap.

Removing the ramps is step 1 in shopping out a game, so use it as an opportunity to clean parts of the game that are buried under the ramps. And if you run into trouble feel free to post a follow up here and ask questions.

#6125 3 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Not that bad honestly. Be careful on the wood screws on the metal flaps at the entrance of the ramps, you want to use the correct size Philips screwdriver (#1 I believe) and not strip the heads. It's not bad with the holes already there though, harder on a new playfield swap.
    Removing the ramps is step 1 in shopping out a game, so use it as an opportunity to clean parts of the game that are buried under the ramps. And if you run into trouble feel free to post a follow up here and ask questions.

You make it sound easy!! LOL. Yes, I have a couple of the damaged plastics underneath the ramps to swap as well, some general cleaning, and rubber swapping too. (I may also change the newton ball post while I am there). If I get in a jam, I will raise a flag...

#6126 3 years ago

You make it sound easy!! LOL. Yes, I have a couple of the damaged plastics underneath the ramps to swap as well, some general cleaning, and rubber swapping too. (I may also change the newton ball post while I am there). If I get in a jam, I will raise a flag...

Honestly the biggest risk is fitment issues with your new ramps because a lot of repro ramps are made with thicker (more durable) plastic and don't fit exactly the same as a result. I've done several games and have never not been able to get them in though, and in the very worst case where you can't get them to fit, you can (at least temporarily) put your original ramps back in to get the game playing again, and figure out a plan from there. It's pretty low risk.

#6127 3 years ago

I've had similar experiences with repro ramps. They all needed a little massaging. But if you have a dremel, you can do it! With the ramps out and off, take some time and clean the hard to reach areas since they will be easier to get to. Replace rubbers in those areas, bulbs, etc...

New ramps always make a game look 10x better.

#6128 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Very knowledgeable and a good guy, I’ll vouch for him as well!

#6129 3 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Honestly the biggest risk is fitment issues with your new ramps because a lot of repro ramps are made with thicker (more durable) plastic and don't fit exactly the same as a result. I've done several games and have never not been able to get them in though, and in the very worst case where you can't get them to fit, you can (at least temporarily) put your original ramps back in to get the game playing again, and figure out a plan from there. It's pretty low risk.

This. I have only done 3 swaps, but every one needed some form of minor dremeling to get the ramps to fit. You can do it, just take your time

#6130 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I do. That is Andrew Harris and he does specialize on EMs. He does great work.
    I just chatted with him last week. If you need a game done, you will have to bring it to him in Richmond. He has stuff going on at home right now.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Very knowledgeable and a good guy, I’ll vouch for him as well!

thanks you gentlemans

#6131 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This. I have only done 3 swaps, but every one needed some form of minor dremeling to get the ramps to fit. You can do it, just take your time

I will keep my Dremel handy....

Thanks!

#6132 3 years ago

FWIW, when HEP did my TOTAN with new ramps, he left those wood screws out. On TOTAN, you actually don’t need them.

#6133 3 years ago

I wondered about those front flap screws. They always seemed to me to be an add-on after the flap edge started curling perhaps. The factory flap itself does not appear to have holes for those screws, so I am going to leave them out and just fill in the tiny holes in the play field.

#6134 3 years ago

I wondered about those front flap screws. They always seemed to me to be an add-on after the flap edge started curling perhaps. The factory flap itself does not appear to have holes for those screws, so I am going to leave them out and just fill in the tiny holes in the play field.

Don’t bother filling the holes. Nobody will see them.

#6135 3 years ago

Gonna add a new game, Can’t decide between Deadpool premium or Batman66 Catwoman edition any suggestions?

#6136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

Gonna add a new game, Can’t decide between Deadpool premium or Batman66 Catwoman edition any suggestions?

Deadpool

#6138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

That's a tough one. Both are fantastic. I play DP premium more but BM66 has deeper code. If I had to choose it would be DP

#6139 3 years ago

Just posted 3 games for sale in Sacramento area if anyone is interested.
    Bulk deals if you want more than one.

-Lord of the Rings
    -World Poker Tour
    -Viper Night Drivin'

#6140 3 years ago

Machine - For Sale
    Blackout Archived
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Selling my Blackout. Nice playfield, playfield protector, new backglass, new plastics, WPC style flippers, new displays, LEDs, EVO rings for pop bumpers. Rebuilt in more of a blu...”
    2020-08-14
    San Ramon, CA
    1,500 (OBO)
    Contributed to Pinside

Edited the description and added a few pics.
    Also, I have some odds and ends left over from the Simpsons Kooky Carnival. If someone is interested in any of that, make me an offer.
    Parts - For Sale
    Used, good condition - “Playfield back panel - $20 Front door - SOLD Translite - SOLD Motor - SOLD Topper - $75 (Pending) Plastic toys(used on Simpsons Pinball Party as well) - $60 Could also trade for p...”
    2020-07-16
    San Ramon, CA
    155 (OBO)
    Archived after: 40 days
    Viewed: 172 times

Parts - For Sale
    Used, good condition - “Set of plastics from a Simpsons Kooky Carnival. Also open to trades”
    2020-10-12
    San Ramon, CA
    50 (OBO)
    Archived after: 24 days
    Viewed: 150 times

#6141 3 years ago

I have a truck leaving the san francisco area tommorw afternoon and then headed pass southern california to Arizona and will have room for about 10 games if anyone needs somthing picked up and dropped off. pm me

#6142 3 years ago

Seven hours later, I have swapped the ramps on my TOTAN! Worth the time! I also found 5 of the plastics were cracked so good thing I had a full set ready. I added a set of clear plastic protectors all around, swapped rubber all around, fixed back wood panel decal which was lifting, replaced a bunch of hard to access 44 bulbs including a few that had been broken years ago and the metal part just left in the socket, cleaned the playfield, swapped the Skill-Shot bracket and red switches (had an extra set), replaced both newton balls (both were completed thread stripped), and even change the genie spinning lamp disc to a purple one I had gotten from PPS last year (aligning it for perfect centered spin took some time).

I think I earned my badge...

#6143 3 years ago

Seven hours later, I have swapped the ramps on my TOTAN! Worth the time! I also found 5 of the plastics were cracked so good thing I had a full set ready. I added a set of clear plastic protectors all around, swapped rubber all around, fixed back wood panel decal which was lifting, replaced a bunch of hard to access 44 bulbs including a few that had been broken years ago and the metal part just left in the socket, cleaned the playfield, swapped the Skill-Shot bracket and red switches (had an extra set), replaced both newton balls (both were completed thread stripped), and even change the genie spinning lamp disc to a purple one I had gotten from PPS last year (aligning it for perfect centered spin took some time).
    I think I earned my badge...

Nice! great work!

#6144 3 years ago

And yes, I had to use my Dremel ... twice! The micro-switch bracket on the left ramp was mounted at a weird angle. Rather than removing the bracket and trying to redrill and likely damaging the ramp in the process, I opted to carve out a little extra room for the blade to travel. Looked pretty good. None of the other flange mounting holes had to be changed or adjusted. Second, I did have to widen two holes on one of the clear plastic swirl ramp protectors I got from Pinbits which were cut assuming screws were being used alone to attach to the swirl ramp, rather than black spacers which snap into the protector itself. Took 2 minutes.

Bottom line: 1) I now know where my dremel tool is, and 2) I now have shiny sparkling ramps in TOTAN

#6145 3 years ago

Anyone have an extra 2017 PAGG show poster that they would part with? PM me if you do, thanks!

9C15DA1F-FF85-4E12-96E8-0E37A86FD5C1 (resized).jpeg9C15DA1F-FF85-4E12-96E8-0E37A86FD5C1 (resized).jpeg
    #6146 3 years ago

Hey all! Does anyone happen to have a Rollergames, Whirlwind, or WCS that they would consider selling?

My wife and I have moved to a large enough place that we have enough room for a machine of our own! It's rough not being able to shop around at shows, as it seems they won't be happening for the foreseeable future. We've been looking at ads online, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something that we both haven't played. Those three games are all ones that we know we would like, and should also be in our price range. I can promise that it would go to a loving and caring home!

#6147 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone have an extra 2017 PAGG show poster that they would part with? PM me if you do, thanks![quoted image]

I might! I will look later

#6148 3 years ago

Machine - For Sale
    Blackout Archived
    2020-08-14
    San Ramon, CA
    1,500 (OBO)
    Contributed to Pinside

Price drop. Bring a mask, play a game and take it home!

#6149 3 years ago

Any recommendations on playfield glass suppliers in the sf east bay for a piece of main playfield glass? Marco has the sheet for $89 and only seems to add $1 for shipping to an existing parts order.

I hate to buy a big sheet of glass that needs to be shipped since I can already hear the pile of glass bits rattling around the box and sitting on my doorstep... but I will try that route unless I find a reasonable cost shop locally.

#6150 3 years ago

Any recommendations on playfield glass suppliers in the sf east bay for a piece of main playfield glass? Marco has the sheet for $89 and only seems to add $1 for shipping to an existing parts order.
    I hate to buy a big sheet of glass that needs to be shipped since I can already hear the pile of glass bits rattling around the box and sitting on my doorstep... but I will try that route unless I find a reasonable cost shop locally.

Time to start calling your local glass shops!

There are 8,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/123?hl=insideoutlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.