Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 168.
    #6051 3 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I'm throwing this out there, to any of those who are mechanically inclined...

I'd consider trading my full sized Chevrolet 2008 Suburban LTZ (top of the line), for pinball(s) (+/- cash), what ever is fair. This full sized Suburban can fit (2) pinball games inside,

It needs engine work, it runs rough. Here's the CL link I just placed: sfbay.craigslist.org link

Let me know what you got. I'm most interested in games from system 11 (1988) to current. I can add cash, for the right game.

Thanks!
    Kerry Richard

#6052 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... I'm throwing this out there, to any of those who are mechanically inclined...
    I'd consider trading my full sized Chevrolet 2008 Suburban LTZ (top of the line), for pinball(s) (+/- cash), what ever is fair. This full sized Suburban can fit (2) pinball games inside,
    It needs engine work, it runs rough. Here's the CL link I just placed: sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Let me know what you got. I'm most interested in games from system 11 (1988) to current. I can add cash, for the right game.
    Thanks!
    Kerry Richard

Says its being held for review Kerry.

#6053 3 years ago

throwing this out there

Just so we're clear: Is it HUO and "possibly the only prototype left on the planet?"

lolz

#6054 3 years ago

bsuperbee... Thanks for the "heads-up" indicating it's being held for review. I've never seen that on a CL post. Very strange indeed.

With that said: I've also never seen or been charged $5.00 for making a for sale post. This is the first time I've been charged. Maybe the "held for review" was for them to run my credit card ?

It appears the CL ad is up and running now.

Tanks Again!
    Kerry

#6055 3 years ago

Got a Simpsons Kooky Carnival playfield up for sale. Got a bunch of other parts up for sale, so let me know if you are looking for anything.

SOLD!
    Parts - For Sale
    Used, good condition - “Used Simpsons Kooky Carnival playfield. Looks pretty good. Happy to talk trades. Local pickup is preferred, but I'll ship it if you want to pay for it.”
    2020-07-16
    San Ramon, CA
    95 (OBO)
    Archived after: 15 days
    Viewed: 188 times

#6056 3 years ago

bsuperbee... Thanks for the "heads-up" indicating it's being held for review. I've never seen that on a CL post. Very strange indeed.
    With that said: I've also never seen or been charged $5.00 for making a for sale post. This is the first time I've been charged. Maybe the "held for review" was for them to run my credit card ?
    It appears the CL ad is up and running now.
    Tanks Again!
    Kerry

I believe they started charging for vehicle ads about a year or so ago? I remember hearing something about it not terribly long ago.

#6057 3 years ago

Sean Casey

You people kill me. Oh I had a good experience with him so he must be a good guy. What about those that weren't treated right?

I know. "I got mines"

Even George Riley has people that will stick up for him!

#6058 3 years ago

Thanks!
    Kerry Richard

Hello Pinsiders... just an update, I sold this Suburban today.

#6059 3 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... just an update, I sold this Suburban today.

Dang man and here I was just about to ask if you’d take a Big Lebowski in trade. Too slow I guess.

#6060 3 years ago

craigslist is on fire the past few months,good used vehicles get sold in hours...

congrats kerry

#6061 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

craigslist is on fire the past few months,good used vehicles get sold in hours...

My Suburban had 173,000 miles, engine ran very rough, my mechanic suggested it be replaced (~$4,000). I put the ad on CL for $4,995 with explanation of engine's condition and mileage.

I had no less than 60 emails, texts and calls, in about 4 hours. Some offers as low as $2,000 / $3,000 / $4,000 and some who said they'll pay $5,300 / $5,500 and one guy at $7,000. I sold it to the 2nd person who looked at it $5,000. I'm happy and he's happy (Win / Win)

#6062 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Yes, call him and ask what happened. I'd be interested to hear what his excuse is/was....sort of. In a way, I don't care. I'd never use him again. I didn't want to stand at his door and have any discussion about what was going on and why he didn't return any of my phone calls. I was a little nervous to go there in the first place, and wanted to get out as soon as I got my boards back in my hands.
    Maybe the first red flag was when I initially called for a service request. I left my phone message on his answering machine several times over several days before he ever returned my calls. I was about to send my boards off in the mail to one of several service guys recommended here on Pinside, but found California Amusements to be local to me here in San Jose, and according to their website, looked to be competent. And I figured I would be saving the shipping costs that I would otherwise need to pay for service out of state.
    After several days of me leaving phone messages he did return my call then came to do the service call on Friday, June 5. As he was leaving with my boards (the MPU and Driver board), and $100 cash, he said he would work on them on the weekend. I expected to get a call on Monday saying they were repaired.
    I didn't hear from him after the weekend, so mid week I called leaving a message asking for a repair status. I left several more calls over several more days leaving messages asking for a repair status. He eventually returned my calls, much to my relief, saying he was swamped with commercial jobs but he was working a little on my job too. Just the fact that he finally returned a call led me to believe I wasn't getting ripped off, but the expectation I had based on what he said when he left my home on June 5 was he would have them turned around in a couple days.
    After a few more weeks I started calling again, leaving messages asking for a repair status. Several calls over several days and no returned calls. Finally, I got a return call and he stated he had worked on the boards, got the dead board to power up, but still wasn't fixed and wasn't sure what the problem was. I guess about a week later I started calling and leaving messages that I wanted my unrepaired boards back, and I would come get them. No return calls. Again, I am feeling sick to my stomach that this was all a scam and I was ripped off. He had my money and my boards, for a month, and wasn't returning anymore phone calls.
    I think I left 3 phone call messages in the week preceding me knocking on his door asking for my boards back. By this time it had been over a month. Not really knowing who this guy was and what his real intentions were, I was afraid to go knock on his door. So it worked out I guess. I'm out $100 but at least I got my boards back. They ship out today Fedex to Chris Hibler. Everything I have read about Chris is good.
    One final note: From what I have learned doing some research, if you have the test ROM's you can easily diagnose the Williams MPU board problems. Sounds simple enough. I could attempt that, but don't want to start desoldering chips on the board. Leaving that to the experts. I'm guessing Sam doesn't have the proper test ROM's, test equipment, or knowledge. I don't think he's that busy, just unqualified to do these boards as advertised. Honest? Can't say. Grade for returning phone calls? "F"

spoke to sam, he said you swapped the cabinet backbox connectors on a system 7 game.. I hear thats really bad. Thats why I label any connector I pull. He said he replaced about 1/2 half the soldered in chips and got to show some signs of life, but it still was not booting up. He is just really busy and your repair was not an easy task and track down issue. I dont think any repair roms would help you fix that mistake. I would have just gone with a replacement board/boards. you probably have more issues in the pin with that mistake. good luck.

I would think about these, but first find out what else might be damaged on your pin. My joust pin had a gremlin in its boards that it far easier just to replace them. I think my buddy scott used these guys.
    http://pinballpcb.com/products/williams-system-3-thru-7-driver-board/

#6063 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Nice example:

Crappy example:

This joke was brilliant and deserved far more attention than it got

#6064 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm selling my A-Go-Go as a fun pin project for $300. Let me know if anyone's interested, comes with a 2nd back glass that's in decent condition. It powers on and the flippers work. The spinner however, does not work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99368

-Dan

#6065 3 years ago

Hey if it was someone here that beat me to that alien poker in concord, and they want to just flip it quickly please let me know. I have a repro pf I got from Germany a few months back and I am looking for a machine. Thanks

#6066 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Hey everyone,
    I'm selling my A-Go-Go as a fun pin project for $300. Let me know if anyone's interested, comes with a 2nd back glass that's in decent condition. It powers on and the flippers work. The spinner however, does not work.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99368
    -Dan

Lowering the price down to $200, someone come and buy it!

#6067 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Lowering the price down to $200, someone come and buy it!

I'll take it.

#6068 3 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

Hey if it was someone here that beat me to that alien poker in concord, and they want to just flip it quickly please let me know. I have a repro pf I got from Germany a few months back and I am looking for a machine. Thanks

I was suprised to have not been met with a price increase when I got there. I've pretty much given up on CL, but I randomly looked on CL and saw the fresh ad for $200 and thought it was fake. She responded and I was at her house in like 20 mins. Not only my first CL score in over 6 years, but right in my backyard!

It's in pretty rough shape (chipped up cab, clean playfield with badly cupped inserts) since it had always been kept on the backporch and covered with a tarp when not in use. I'm just gonna clean it up, get it working & enjoy a $200 Alien Poker.

#6069 3 years ago

Does anyone have a standard size sheet of PDI or Invisiglass they might consider selling locally? Just trying to save on shipping.

If not, anyone thinking of ordering any PDI glass in the coming weeks? Maybe we can get a group together to save on shipping costs, if possible, which seem to be now around $135 for an individual sheet to CA with packaging and labor and shipping costs.

#6070 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have a standard size sheet of PDI or Invisiglass they might consider selling locally? Just trying to save on shipping.
    If not, anyone thinking of ordering any PDI glass in the coming weeks? Maybe we can get a group together to save on shipping costs, if possible, which seem to be now around $135 for an individual sheet to CA with packaging and labor and shipping costs.

Wow shipping has gone up to $135? Trust me its not worth it. I've owned several sheets of PDI, and although its great stuff its not even close to being worth that kind of premium. I would stick to Invisiglass or the Voodoo glass although I haven't owned any of the later.

#6071 3 years ago

Missed this Saturday,I think I was the second caller, wondering who's the lucky sob

00101_g5d8AlXN9KU_0lM0t2_300x300 (resized).jpg00101_g5d8AlXN9KU_0lM0t2_300x300 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200719-080700~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200719-080700~2 (resized).png
    #6072 3 years ago

I missed this too, guy said someone was on the way already paying over asking.

Missed out on a star wars pro for 3k that I see is being flipped for 4900 currently too. Some good deals that day.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

Missed this Saturday,I think I was the second caller, wondering who's the lucky sob

[quoted image][quoted image]

#6073 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Cointaker has 2 sheets of standard size Invisaglass for $399 and the shipping was only $28 to Elk Grove, CA. I ordered 4 sheets of it and it looks amazing over the standard glass.

https://cointaker.com/products/invisiglass-2-pack

#6074 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

Cointaker has 2 sheets of standard size Invisaglass for $399 and the shipping was only $28 to Elk Grove, CA. I ordered 4 sheets of it and it looks amazing over the standard glass.

Yup, I got this deal too. Well worth it imho

#6075 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

Thats a really good deal

#6076 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

Wow. Thanks for the information and the link.

#6077 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Shipping to CA ( West Coast ) / Central USA is usually right at $95 for one sheet these daze ( $10 Increase ).

Adding another sheet to the box is only $10 - $15 more per box.

Due to product cost increase, we are just not able to eat into the profit margin at all that we have distributing it - unlike other products out there that just cost MUCH less to produce.

FedEx usually charges us around $65, then we have $20 materials ( anyone who has ever received this can easily see that of how well it is packaged ) and the labor as it takes 2 x people 20 min. to box each box is $10. So that would be again $95....and it is much cheaper to order in even numbers to help reduce total "drive out" sheet price. East Coast boxes are $10 less.

Also - new shipment is scheduled to arrive here this week....so will be on the website soon. =)

BEST.

Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    www.Pinballdecals.com

#6078 3 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

Shipping to CA ( West Coast ) / Central USA is usually right at $95 for one sheet these daze ( $10 Increase ).
    Due to product cost increase, we are just not able to eat into the profit margin at all that we have distributing it - unlike other products out there that just cost MUCH less to produce.
    FedEx usually charges us around $65, then we have $20 materials ( anyone who has ever received this can easily see that of how well it is packaged ) and the labor as it takes 2 x people 20 min. to box each box is $10. So that would be again $95....and it is much cheaper to order in even numbers to help reduce total "drive out" sheet price. East Coast boxes are $10 less.
    Also - new shipment is scheduled to arrive here this week....so will be on the website soon. =)
    BEST.
    Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    www.Pinballdecals.com

Thanks for the clarification, Joey. Sorry I got that wrong. I appreciate it.

#6079 3 years ago

For those of us in Northern California, particularly the East Bay, our good friend Larry Kaye passed away.

Larry was a great guy, gentle soul, just a nice person. He shopped out a lot of our machines here and will be greatly missed.

RIP Larry...

#6080 3 years ago

I’m sorry to hear about the bad news. Larry restored quite a few games for me, he was truly a gentleman. My condolences to his family.

#6081 3 years ago

Is this the Larry in Alamo that would post his services on Craigslist?

#6082 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

For those of us in Northern California, particularly the East Bay, our good friend Larry Kaye passed away.
    Larry was a great guy, gentle soul, just a nice person. He shopped out a lot of our machines here and will be greatly missed.
    RIP Larry...

Wow that's shocking and sad to hear. Larry was a very nice, skilled and honest guy.

#6083 3 years ago

Is this the Larry in Alamo that would post his services on Craigslist?

Yes

#6084 3 years ago

Larry had some great restoration skills, was a very kind soul, and will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

#6085 3 years ago

His son just called me this morning so I can go retrieve my shopped and ready tx-sector.very sad day.
    Larry was an asset to the pinball community and will be sorely missed.

#6086 3 years ago

Wow... that's so sad. I actually called and emailed him in the past several days with no answers. I was just going to contact you Jim this afternoon, to see if you heard or know anything.

Very sad indeed.

Kerry

#6087 3 years ago

Wow... that's so sad. I actually called and emailed him in the past several days with no answers. I was just going to contact you Jim this afternoon, to see if you heard or know anything.
    Very sad indeed.
    Kerry

Very sudden. I heard from him Thursday night via email. A tragic loss.

#6088 3 years ago

Very sad. He restored a few games for a friend of mine and did a great job. Rest In Peace.

#6089 3 years ago

Very sad to hear of Larry's passing. I have used Larry to do PF swaps for many of my pins over the years. He even made the trip to my home to sort out a few bugs afterwards. A straight shooter and a great guy! He will be missed. Condolences going out to the Kaye Family. RIP Larry!!

#6090 3 years ago

Very sad to hear, we had traded parts and restoration tricks over the years. My condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.
    Harley D.

#6091 3 years ago

Larry's son Andrew, called me early this evening. He was returning calls left on the home voicemail and to people whose games were at their home.

Larry was an awesome guy who took a lot of pride in his work. I think he did it more for the hobby and challenge, than the money. He's done 2 playfield swaps and several deep shop jobs and 2 cabinet re-decals for me.

One PF swap was my Getaway HSII. He asked me what I was going to do with the old playfield. I said I didn't have plans for it. He asked if he could have it for his son (Andrew) for wall art... I said certainly. Tonight, Andrew said he has that PF on his wall and didn't know it came from me. I was tickled to hear that

All the best to their family, in these difficult times.

Kerry

#6092 3 years ago

Oh damn. What a terrible loss. Larry was truly a great guy. My condolences to his family.

#6093 3 years ago

Sad to hear. He was a very fair, patient and talented guy...believe he was a former engineer. Turned out one of the nicest BOP 2.0’s in the country for me. RIP.

#6094 3 years ago
    Quoted from PDI:

BEST.
    Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    www.Pinballdecals.com

I asked PDI the best way to ship a backglass, and all I got was a sarcastic reply. "very carefully".
    Thanks for the advice, Joey.

#6095 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about Larry's passing. I don't think that we met, but I saw a Scared Stiff that he did and it was phenomenal.
    =====
    If anyone needs a pair of high voltage DMDs(one from a Stern and one from a Sega), I'm asking for $120 for both. Both were working when pulled. I tossed the Stern into a WPC to test and it looked ok. The other one came out of a Sega Jurassic Park. It was looking a bit weak, but I suspect it was a power supply issue. PM me if you need one or both.

#6096 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I asked PDI the best way to ship a backglass, and all I got was a sarcastic reply. "very carefully".
    Thanks for the advice, Joey.

First of all, not trying to come off negative so please don't take it that way.

If he told you exactly how to ship it and it was broken in transit your post would be something like ..... Joey at PDI told me how to ship a backglass and it was broken upon arrival ... he know's nothing"!

Seriously Jethro anyone running a business has to be reluctant on giving advice as it could bite them in the ass!

One person that does give advice as how to pack a backglass, which I am surprised he does, is Steve at BGResto....... http://bgresto.com/?page_id=777

#6097 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

If he told you exactly how to ship it and it was broken in transit your post would be something like ..... Joey at PDI told me how to ship a backglass and it was broken upon arrival ... he know's nothing"!

Really? How do you know what my next post would be???

As a matter of fact, I find Pinside to be a wealth of information, and mostly PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. Such is your advice that Steve at BGResto could help me. Thank you.

I found it repulsive when I asked PDI a question and got a sarcastic response. All Joey had to do was provide a disclaimer like...."We pack back glasses this way, or that way, but that doesn't guarantee yours will survive shipping"....or "ship at your own risk" or something like that. But regardless, I'm not going to blame someone else for damage to a backglass that I pack myself. I was just looking for best practices. Guess he didn't want to help a fellow Pinsider.

Quoted from meSz:

anyone running a business has to be reluctant on giving advice

Totally disagree. That's all some businesses do....offer advice. For example, Lawyers, Engineers, Doctors. If they were reluctant to offer their advice then they would be out of business.

#6098 3 years ago

I'll have a pretty nice Blackout up for sale soon. PM for details.

20200725_122534 (resized).jpg20200725_122534 (resized).jpg20200725_122539 (resized).jpg20200725_122539 (resized).jpg
    #6099 3 years ago

Check out this awesome image that Brian Allen created for The Flipper Room. Available in 14x20 signed and number prints on paper (only 50 made). Or we had 25 translates made. You can purchase via our website or at the gallery/arcade. These pictures from my phone are not very good.

https://theflipperroom.com/shop/ols/all?sortOption=descend_by_created_at

IMG_20200724_161820_8 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_161820_8 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_161837_6 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_161837_6 (resized).jpg
    #6100 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Check out this awesome image that Brian Allen created for The Flipper Room. Available in 14x20 signed and number prints on paper (only 50 made). Or we had 25 translates made. You can purchase via our website or at the gallery/arcade. These pictures from my phone are not very good.
    https://theflipperroom.com/shop/ols/all?sortOption=descend_by_created_at
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm in, I just ordered a translite. You need the artist to provide a description/roadmap of the characters. Not all of us are that conversant in pinball graphics.

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/122?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.