(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 168.
    #5951 3 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I have a buddy in lake tahoe looking for a pin. He isn't real particular. I would hope that if someone responds they have a nicely working pin and can deliver it for him. I am sure he is willing to pay the high end of the going rate. He doesn't know pricing, so he would rely on me for an opinion. He is looking for something late 80's to now I suppose. Some thing with a multiball. I could only guess that $3000 ish is where we should focus. I'm sure he'd pay more for a nicely running machine. A routed machine would be fine, because he isn't a collector. I would just hope that the seller could make sure it's working perfectly.

not mine but plenty of choices out there.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

#5952 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoopybox:

Thinking about replacing my MMr RE with a Deadpool prem or LE. Anyone in the market or looking for a trade?

I’m going with heck no, MM is way better than DP... but the heart wants what it wants.

#5953 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

not mine but plenty of choices out there.

I guess some of those guys 'may' consider delivering to Tahoe. Which is kind of the MOST important part.

#5954 3 years ago

I've got a Kooky Carnival that was used for spare parts before I got it. The playfield, cabinet and translite are all in good shape(cab has a big scratch on one side). The wiring harness is intact. It uses a lot of figurines from Simpsons Pinball Party. Before I unsolder the harness and part out the playfield, I figured I would offer it to someone who might want it for a project. I could see making a kids game out of it with a raspberry pi. PM me if you want it or want parts from it if no one takes it as a whole.
    EDIT: Added a few more pics.
    20200629_165627 (resized).jpg20200629_165627 (resized).jpg20200629_212826 (resized).jpg20200629_212826 (resized).jpg20200629_212830 (resized).jpg20200629_212830 (resized).jpg20200629_165950 (resized).jpg20200629_165950 (resized).jpg20200629_214022 (resized).jpg20200629_214022 (resized).jpg

83873605_2710028189216707_1844688473325531365_n (resized).jpg83873605_2710028189216707_1844688473325531365_n (resized).jpg105952550_279459373166838_2442217534194849882_n (resized).jpg105952550_279459373166838_2442217534194849882_n (resized).jpg105966251_974441533000802_5776647005405422168_n (resized).jpg105966251_974441533000802_5776647005405422168_n (resized).jpg
    #5955 3 years ago

Edit: Sold!

My wife is cleaning out the garage and I don't have room to store this stuff anymore. So I want to get rid of a few things.

I'd rather sell as a package deal instead of piecemeal...$200 for the lot (OBO)

3 DMD, 2 stern (probably almost new) and 1 Williams (worked when I took them off)

1 Williams DMD 1 line out

Early Bally displays, all work accept the match/game in play.

Early Bally coin mechs

misc speakers and grills

AS-2518-18 replacement board, new

P-2948-297 (unknown condition)

P-2948-274 (unknown condition)

P-2948-301 (unknown condition)

Silverball Mania MPU (unknown condition)

Williams Lockdown Bar

Misc incandescent bulbs

Please come take this away, before I dump them in the trash.

Robert

#5956 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for a nice IJ I talked to the owner of this one about another game he has: sfbay.craigslist.org link

You might have some room to negotiate. Downside is that it’s in Oregon, but pinsider High Voltage on here has brought games down in the past from up that way. Not sure if he’s got any runs planned, but maybe worth considering.

#5957 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Downside is that it’s in Oregon...

Downside is really that it’s $8000.

#5958 3 years ago

Really cheap good looking fish tales 2700, not mine.

#5959 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Really cheap good looking fish tales 2700, not mine.

Guessing one of our local pinball flippers is buying it, cleaning it and then jacking up the price for resale, watch it get relisted for $2k more in a month

#5960 3 years ago

A guy local to me actually got it. I helped him unload it. It was in the vehicles that can fit pins thread.

Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Guessing one of our local pinball flippers is buying it, cleaning it and then jacking up the price for resale, watch it get relisted for $2k more in a month

#5961 3 years ago

Yeah, that was gone pretty fast. I don't think you can get $4700 for a Fish Tales but I continue to be surprised by asking prices

#5962 3 years ago

Just bought a NIB BKSOR prem. love it. Wife says I can get 1 more considering JP prem. Or IMDN pro or prem. Any thoughts?

#5963 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

Just bought a NIB BKSOR prem. love it. Wife says I can get 1 more considering JP prem. Or IMDN pro or prem. Any thoughts?

Both Elwin/Naegele games. Both are great.

JP Premium/Le is arguably Stern’s best machine. You can’t go wrong there. It’s just that good! Especially with the new custom code with real movie sound assets available now.

I can’t get past the IMDN theme/music personally. Great shooter though.

Or, if the kiddie theme doesn’t bother you, you may want to consider a TMNT. It plays fantastic! Awesome playfield layout. Great ramps. Nice flow. I’ve only played the pro so far and it’s great. I’m sure the premium is better though.

Play a STh Premium too. That machine is VERY underrated IMO. Theme, audio, lighting, ramps, show assets, etc.. it’s a really awesome pin with unique features (projector, UV lighting, levitating magnet ball lock). The start button keeps getting pressed at my house. It definitely takes some time to set it up to play right out of the box though, which is unfortunate. Once it’s set up it’s fantastic.

DP Premium is seriously bad ass too!

So.. you need 4 more!

#5964 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

I have Iron Maiden and it is amazing. JP is my next purchase. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

I just can’t let anything in my collection go right now or I would have a JP!

Can’t make a bad choice unless someone talks you into stranger things! Lol

#5965 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Can’t make a bad choice unless someone talks you into stranger things! Lol

#5966 3 years ago

A few of you here may know me, I have a nice Black Knight for sale, got this from Chris Kuntz a few years back, never had an issue with it, he went through the boards, it's 100% make me an offer, I've had a ton of interest but everyone flakes out at the last min. Only selling because I have too many early ss williams.
    Lots of local references if needed.
    Thx

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5967 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

A few of you here may know me, I have a nice Black Knight for sale, got this from Chris Kuntz a few years back, never had an issue with it, he went through the boards, it's 100% make me an offer, I've had a ton of interest but everyone flakes out at the last min. Only selling because I have too many early ss williams.
    Lots of local references if needed.
    Thx[quoted image]

Buy with confidence! Good Pinsider!

#5968 3 years ago

The dude selling this pins is an absolute joker! He has a few ads out there, at least one of them claims its home use only and all of them claim that its a factory prototype. Well... I had it on location twice myself and the drop targets were added later. Not a factory prototype.

#5969 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

The dude selling this pins is an absolute joker! He has a few ads out there, at least one of them claims its home use only and all of them claim that its a factory prototype. Well... I had it on location twice myself and the drop targets were added later. Not a factory prototype.

It'll be fun if a bunch of us call him and offer $1200.

#5970 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

It'll be fun if a bunch of us call him and offer $1200.

Hahaha. He bought it from a friend of mine that I sold it to. He kept trying to talk him down from the $1800. Then he goes and lists it for $6800 a few days later. Can't make this shit up.

#5971 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Hahaha. He bought it from a friend of mine that I sold it to. He kept trying to talk him down from the $1800. Then he goes and lists it for $6800 few days later. Can't make this shit up.

#5972 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Looks like John Tennler strikes again.

#5973 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Hahaha. He bought it from a friend of mine that I sold it to. He kept trying to talk him down from the $1800. Then he goes and lists it for $6800 a few days later. Can't make this shit up.

I've seen this guys pins in Chris's shop, Chris does the work then this dude (or his son I guess) claims to have put 100's of hours into his pins and ALWAYS claims HUO. Chris told me the guy has no clue how to work on pins, I wouldn't touch anything this guy is selling with a 10 ft pole.
    B

#5974 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I've seen this guys pins in Chris's shop, Chris does the work then this dude (or his son I guess) claims to have put 100's of hours into his pins and ALWAYS claims HUO. Chris told me the guy has no clue how to work on pins, I wouldn't touch anything this guy is selling with a 10 ft pole.
    B

The ad was removed too quickly - it's not posted anymore.

I got the original price, and the flipper price. But what was the game? And who was the seller?

I don't think Tennler takes his games to Chris.

#5975 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The ad was removed too quickly - it's not posted anymore.
    I got the original price, and the flipper price. But what was the game? And who was the seller?
    I don't think Tennler takes his games to Chris.

Firepower if memory serves.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5976 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is this the clown that lives in the Oakland Hills and used to have his wife/girlfriend pose in all his ads ? If this is the same guy I would not deal with him

#5977 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

here ya go
    https://pinballpickers.com/machines.html

#5978 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Thanks for the heads up

#5979 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

Both are very good. I think Maiden is a little better.

Or go back a bit further for even better Sterns; Metallica, Tron, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman.

#5980 3 years ago

Firepower - He told me that stationary targets are better in our first contact. Guess he changed his mind when flipping it. I also made it clear that the drops was added to the machine... not an orginal prototype.

#5981 3 years ago

Also, I think it was originally $7,500 on ebay.

#5982 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sluggo39:

Gonna sell my IMDN Premium very shortly

edit: adding images. the third image is just cause i changed out the t-molding. Also some gameplay of it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/629888592

IMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_1007 (resized).jpegIMG_1007 (resized).jpeg
    Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

#5983 3 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I have a buddy in lake tahoe looking for a pin. He isn't real particular. I would hope that if someone responds they have a nicely working pin and can deliver it for him. I am sure he is willing to pay the high end of the going rate. He doesn't know pricing, so he would rely on me for an opinion. He is looking for something late 80's to now I suppose. Some thing with a multiball. I could only guess that $3000 ish is where we should focus. I'm sure he'd pay more for a nicely running machine. A routed machine would be fine, because he isn't a collector. I would just hope that the seller could make sure it's working perfectly.

Im going to Lake Tahoe, Thursday next week.
    I have room for 1 pin to take from so cal to Tahoe if your friend has found a pin. I'm currently not selling anything so my collection is off limits....well maybe Hurricane, but sadly mine isnt cheap. To much new on it and colordmd. Just about your Friend's budget.
    Im very experienced moving pins.
    I have an escalera staircase dolly too.
    Pm me if interested.

Added over 4 years ago:

Tronguy- you can Pm me if interested. But clock is ticking.

#5984 3 years ago

Genesis

Looking for a nice example. Thanks!

#5985 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Genesis

There's a genesis for sale in the fresno area,but it's kinda hideous IMHO with a lots of added lights that makes it almost unrecognizable,but dunno some people consider that nice.
    Check it out if that's your thing.it can't be that hard to reverse it and make it original again.

#5986 3 years ago
    Quoted from roddog:

Gonna sell my IMDN Premium very shortly
    edit: adding images. the third image is just cause i changed out the t-molding. Also some gameplay of it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/629888592
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that speaker panel on the tx-sector hinged? I'm restoring mine right now and the panel doesn't stay in place.

#5987 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Is that speaker panel on the tx-sector hinged? I'm restoring mine right now and the panel doesn't stay in place.

No and it's a PITA. I would turn it sideways so the left side was on the playfield. That way I still had displays but I had access to the boards

#5988 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

There's a genesis for sale in the fresno area,but it's kinda hideous IMHO with a lots of added lights that makes it almost unrecognizable,but dunno some people consider that nice.
    Check it out if that's your thing.it can't be that hard to reverse it and make it original again.

Thanks! I saw that, but there is no way to even judge the playfield condition with all the lights. Also I'm not super picky about cabinet condition, but the front of the cab looks like it got caught in the crossfire of a shoot out!

#5989 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Thanks! I saw that, but there is no way to even judge the playfield condition with all the lights. Also I'm not super picky about cabinet condition, but the front of the cab looks like it got caught in the crossfire of a shoot out!

We can fix it

#5990 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Genesis

Awww yeah back in the hunt.

#5991 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Genesis

Nice example:

Crappy example:

#5993 3 years ago
    Quoted from DavidCPA:

Firepower - He told me that stationary targets are better in our first contact. Guess he changed his mind when flipping it. I also made it clear that the drops was added to the machine... not an orginal prototype.

Looks like the prototype Firepower is back up again...

B7316AF0-ED6D-4926-8DF8-9AE82624E288 (resized).pngB7316AF0-ED6D-4926-8DF8-9AE82624E288 (resized).png
    #5994 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

Post the link.

All you have to do is ask for the serial # (which i guarantee is missing) to prove it.

I just hate liars. Hopefully no newbies get taken.

#5995 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

What a jerk the seller is. I responded to his CL ad and asked for pics (there is only one on the CL site). He sent a link to pics. Three hours later he sends me an email and asks "Did you get the pics, or were you just trolling me?"

That didn't even deserve a response. What a red flag. A seller to stay away from.

#5996 3 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

It's been a long time since Sam serviced my Earthshaker, I'm thinking 10 years ago or so. Great tech and a nice guy too! Glad to hear he's still around!

I guess things have changed in 10 years.

Called California Amusements early June to come service my Firepower II. Sam Underwood (technician or owner, not sure which) came out and poked around and eventually removed the MPU and Driver boards to take to his shop for repair. Charged $100 for the service call (which I paid cash) and off he went with my circuit boards. Been over a month and haven't seen him since. A few times I have called to ask for an update and he tells me he's still working on them. It's been over a month now, and I have left messages last few days that I want to come pick up my unrepaired boards, but he doesn't return my phone calls.

I thought keeping my business local would be a good thing. Not so in this case. What would you do now?

#5997 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I guess things have changed in 10 years.
    Called California Amusements early June to come service my Firepower II. Sam Underwood (technician or owner, not sure which) came out and poked around and eventually removed the MPU and Driver boards to take to his shop for repair. Charged $100 for the service call (which I paid cash) and off he went with my circuit boards. Been over a month and haven't seen him since. A few times I have called to ask for an update and he tells me he's still working on them. It's been over a month now, and I have left messages last few days that I want to come pick up my unrepaired boards, but he doesn't return my phone calls.
    I thought keeping my business local would be a good thing. Not so in this case. What would you do now?

I had to do a repair like that.
    The guy took the lady's cpu board set to a Williams Space Shuttle and never came back.

#5998 3 years ago

Selling a Williams Heat Wave project that needs cab repair

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Heat Wave Archived
    Functional - needs major work - “Selling a Williams Heat Wave. The pros: This game was playable at Golden State 2019. It been in storage since then. The playfield and backglass are in decent shape considering th...”
    2020-07-12
    Lodi, CA
    800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 8 days
    Viewed: 290 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#5999 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

What would you do now?

I'd be knocking on his door.

#6000 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Selling a Williams Heat Wave project that needs cab repair

Machine - For Sale

Heat Wave

New!

Functional - needs major work “Selling a Williams Heat Wave.

The pros:
    This game was playable at Golden State 2019. It been in storage since then.
    The playfield and backglass are in decent shape considering th...”

2 hours ago

Lodi, CA

800 (OBO)

Cheddar

Sheesh, that would look nice next to my C37. Dueling Ribbons!

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/120?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.