Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 168.
    #551 10 years ago

@jonnyo, good point, I will take that into consideration.

@pinwillie- ha! Funny you should say that. Have you ever heard the expression "I need a vacation from my vacation?" Hard to believe but this trip sucks balls. I already joked to my wife that i could have bought a nib machine for how much I spent on this godawful trip. Shes having just as lousy a time as me. will shoot you an email when I get home and vent about it.

#552 10 years ago

dont drink the water

#553 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

@mrgone
    It was really sosages idea but I could coordinate or help set it up. I'm in Mexico on a crappy kindle right now.so it sucks to type, but can jump on this when I'm home. Lets do a quick poll though. Which do people prefer:
    1. On a Friday night
    2. Saturday open till whenever
    3. Saturday eve until closing
    4. Sunday open until whenever.

I just tossed the idea out. By all means, take charge and run with it.

#554 10 years ago

bump for all the good pinheads

#555 10 years ago

Woo hoo! Made it home! Will start planning soon. Want to send some Pm's out to other people who also wanted to do a PPM meet up and see if they have any ideas as well.

#556 10 years ago

I sent out PMs to Sosage and TDA but have not heard back, wondering if its a problem with PM'S and the move to the new server and updates. Let me know.

#557 10 years ago

I sent out PMs to Sosage and TDA but have not heard back, wondering if its a problem with PM'S and the move to the new server and updates. Let me know.

Yes I tried to respond but keep getting this error: Mandatory parameter message_text not specified

I would prefer Saturday because of football if the Niners are playing during the time frame then I would be at home in front of he TV. Not sure if that is an issue for others

For name cards we could just ask that everyone that shows up bring something to tell others what their Pinside handle is to keep it simple. So you would not have to find out all that are coming in advance and make them. A good time for the meet up may be from 1-3 or something like that.

#558 10 years ago

That venue is great. I'd try to make it. If SkitB brings a production-ready Predator, I'd DEFINITELY make it.

#559 10 years ago

Any other pinsiders in league at Free Gold Watch? I know mof, haugstrup, jonnyo, Spybryon, Pinballrus, phishrace

#560 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

For name cards we could just ask that everyone that shows up bring something to tell others what their Pinside handle is to keep it simple. So you would not have to find out all that are coming in advance and make them. A good time for the meet up may be from 1-3 or something like that.

If someone can design a simple 3" x 5" id badge that just has the pinside logo spaces for our pinside name and our real name it would be simple (and free) for me to make some super nice laminated id badges we can save and use at PAGG and other events. We can just write our names in with permanent marker.

#561 10 years ago

If someone can design a simple 3" x 5" id badge that just has the pinside logo spaces for our pinside name and our real name it would be simple (and free) for me to make some super nice laminated id badges we can save and use at PAGG and other events. We can just write our names in with permanent marker.

That's a great idea, make a frickin' badge that is location-independent.

Proposed Requirements:

1) It should simply say "Pinside" with some Pinside logo stuff on it, and room for your username.
    2) Leave the image in a sticky thread so others can download it.
    3. Use a badge size that is typical, so if u have other badges laying around from other trade shows you can just make this and print it out and put it in.

Do we have a graphic artist that can pull off the official Pinside Badge?

-mof

#562 10 years ago

I've just been busy and glancing at Pinside here n' there. I didn't think you needed a response right away. ;P

If I have enough time before the event I can put together the graphics for a name card real quick. An event poster I'd love to do, but I have 3-4 other pinball-related posters in the pipeline that I haven't even started yet. So that's not gonna be likely.

#563 10 years ago

Do a forum search for Pinside lanyard and you'll see we've already kind of done it....

No one else really seemed all that interested. Here's mine:pinsideid.jpgpinsideid.jpg

I printed two of them on glossy cardstock, glued them together, and punched a hole in the top so I can use any lanyard I see fit. Works great!

#564 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Any other pinsiders in league at Free Gold Watch? I know mof, haugstrup, jonnyo, Spybryon, Pinballrus, phishrace

d0 plays in the league....

#565 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

If I have enough time before the event I can put together the graphics for a name card real quick. An event poster I'd love to do, but I have 3-4 other pinball-related posters in the pipeline that I haven't even started yet. So that's not gonna be likely

No worries at all! I only posted in the thread because there have been a lot of people having trouble with PM's lately. I understand you are busy, I get plenty busy too. I am fine coordinating the meet up if you don't have the time.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Do a forum search for Pinside lanyard and you'll see we've already kind of done it....

No one else really seemed all that interested. Here's mine:

That looks great! I want to make a generic one that is not specific for each persons name and avatar. I can print a whole bunch that way, laminate them, and then people can write their names in. They look professional, ten mil glossy lamination, hole drilled with a metal grommet. They would last for years. I could even print a ton of extras and save them for PAGG and leave them at the front so people can just grab one when they go in and fill it out themselves.

#566 10 years ago

So if anyone else has designing skills and wants to design a poster for the event let me know. I can print them on nice thick card stock and 100% of proceeds will go back to pinside. I will ask around with people I know to at least get an ID badge done, so that will happen. I would rather someone into pinball do the poster art, make something nice and special people will want to pay a couple of bucks for and hang in their gameroom.

#567 10 years ago

Here is my badge, it is a screen grab from pinside website. I printed it out on a piece of paper and told the printer to make it 3"x5". Then I stuck it into one of those plastic badge holders from a trade show. I wore it to Cal Extreme for 2 days but I think maybe only 1 person noticed.

pinside-spybryon.JPGpinside-spybryon.JPG
    #568 10 years ago

Actually I told the printer to make it 2" x 3" I think. Hey, those pinside points sure have inflated a lot, I am a pinball millionaire now

#569 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I am not a member, but I just sold them a Cyclone.

Sean

#570 10 years ago
    Quoted from d0:

d0 plays in the league....

Were you there last night d0? Just uploaded pix!

Quoted from scasey:

I am not a member, but I just sold them a Cyclone.
    Sean

I played it in league last night - tough game! Don't really know how to play it but I liked it so far!

#571 10 years ago

Hey Sean, did you buy that HS2 that was for sale on CL here in Fresno?

I was curious because right about the same time his ad went down, your normal ones in the bay area featured a HS2 for the first picture.

Did it need any kind of work?

#572 10 years ago

Hey all, just got the word from the Op that STAR TREK is now at Hi-Life pizza in Oakland at the corner of 14th and Franklin downtown.

I had league tonight so I'm going to check it out at lunch tomorrow, and then maybe again after work around 5. Come down and get some games, and play the other seven games there as well. For those going to the launch, note that the angle will be adjusted slightly for the launch party. Also, depending on ball times we might adjust posts.

I drove my friend to league tonight and I knew if he was aware of ST he would have skipped league. So I didn't tell him until we were halfway to Sunnyvale. hahaha priceless reaction when I told him.

#573 10 years ago

Yeah only EKA, me and GOD played. EKA got her name up on the high scores after I left, but I had fun playing. Tilt is not too tight although I suspect that'll be fixed soon

#574 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Hey all, just got the word from the Op that Star Trek is now at Hi-Life pizza in Oakland at the corner of 14th and Franklin downtown.
    I had league tonight so I'm going to check it out at lunch tomorrow, and then maybe again after work around 5. Come down and get some games, and play the other seven games there as well. For those going to the launch, note that the angle will be adjusted slightly for the launch party. Also, depending on ball times we might adjust posts.
    I drove my friend to league tonight and I knew if he was aware of ST he would have skipped league. So I didn't tell him until we were halfway to Sunnyvale. hahaha priceless reaction when I told him.

Awesome!! I just might mosey on over there on my lunch as well!

#575 10 years ago

Awesome - I think I'll swing by this evening, get some games of Radical! in too

#576 10 years ago

Ya give us a heads up. Dont think I can make it to the launch party

#577 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey Sean, did you buy that HS2 that was for sale on CL here in Fresno?
    I was curious because right about the same time his ad went down, your normal ones in the bay area featured a HS2 for the first picture.
    Did it need any kind of work?

I picked one up in Clovis a while back. A few optos needed to be replaced, dmd replaced, one magnet needed to be replaced, GI rebuild, flipper rebuilds and a general shopout. The optos were the pain on this one, the rest was pretty easy stuff.

#578 10 years ago

Yeah, that was the guy. He said it was HUO since new. Did it look like it was a HUO/neglected pin, then? How was the playfield? Any wear spots? The cabinet looked fairly decent, no major fade.

I was thinking about picking it up, but I'm in major money-save mode right now(unless I find a FH super cheap!).

#579 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm in major money-save mode right now(unless I find a FH super cheap!).

Sounds like a phrase I have been muttering for the past few months.cash still in hand and no FH

#580 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Sounds like a phrase I have been muttering for the past few months.cash still in hand and no FH

Good Luck! Routed fun houses are in the 4k range...

#581 10 years ago

One popped up on craigs for 1500 this summer and a local collector snagged it.Today IJ for 3500.Deals are still to be had

#582 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

One popped up on craigs for 1500 this summer and a local collector snagged it.Today IJ for 3500.Deals are still to be had

Yeah, it all depends on who you are buying from / dealing with ....

Quoted from Gorf:

Good Luck! Routed fun houses are in the 4k range...

IMO, for 2.5k, there should be a few FH's out there for ya. They just don't pop up 'til you don't have funds

#583 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Yeah, it all depends on who you are buying from / dealing with ....

IMO, for 2.5k, there should be a few FH's out there for ya. They just don't pop up 'til you don't have funds

They are out there, you just have to patient.

No way a typical routed fh is 4k when nice restored ones are going for around 5.

#584 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Yeah, that was the guy. He said it was HUO since new. Did it look like it was a HUO/neglected pin, then? How was the playfield? Any wear spots? The cabinet looked fairly decent, no major fade.
    I was thinking about picking it up, but I'm in major money-save mode right now(unless I find a FH super cheap!).

It was not HUO, but it is a nice machine and the playfield was very nice. The cabinet did not have a lot of fade but did have a little. Regarding a FH in the $2.5K range, I do know of one for sale. Contact me directly and I can put you in touch with the individual.

#585 10 years ago

Look...I'll bite. Where are you people seeing 4-5k Funhouses (that actually sell for that)? Am I just not detecting the obvious sarcasm or are you guys trying to be serious?

#586 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Look...I'll bite. Where are you people seeing 4-5k Funhouses (that actually sell for that)? Am I just not detecting the obvious sarcasm or are you guys trying to be serious?

Restored ones will. New decals, new/restored pf, etc......

Maybe a nice Huo fh with no wear will sell for that too, but not your typical routed game with pf and cab wear.

#587 10 years ago

Any updates on the ppm meet up. I'm very excited for this to happen.

#588 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Any updates on the ppm meet up. I'm very excited for this to happen.

Well, I looked into renting the party room, its 50$ an hour plus everyone still has to pay admission. I don't think we really need to do that, that just lets us bring in food or drinks, I am more interested in actually playing pinball not eating snacks in a room with no pins in it. I still need to find someone to design ID badges, but I don't see that being a problem, I will get those done. Poster would be cool, but I don't think I will have time to design one. Like I said if someone designs one I can print them for free and we can sell with 100% of proceeds going to Pinside. I think we just need to settle on a date and time.

I am thinking Saturday Nov 9th. Holidays not in full effect yet so people should still be around, plus its a three day weekend. Seems far enough away that people should still have it open. I know we will have to pay for parking on Saturday but some people said if it was on a Sunday they would pass for football (how that can take priority over pinball I just don't understand.)

So how does Saturday Nov 9th sound? Official time 1pm-4pm. Of course no one is going to stop you from getting there early or from staying after that, just try and plan that the majority of your time there is in that time frame so you can meet some fellow pinsiders.

#589 10 years ago

sat. the 9th works for me. I like sunday too, but sat. the 9th works for me.

#590 10 years ago

Saturday, Nov 9th is OK with me. Thank you for organizing this Steve.

#591 10 years ago

Pretty sure I can make it on the 9th. Should be a blast!

#592 10 years ago

woo hoo! pinball time. we must get a group pic.

#593 10 years ago

I'm really looking forward to meeting some fellow pinsiders as well - I can make it on the 9th -

#594 10 years ago

Nice, glad to hear that date is already open for a bunch of people, should be a ton of fun!

#595 10 years ago

I'm in for the 9th

#596 10 years ago

Count me in as well

#597 10 years ago

Yeah man. This is what I imagined. We just all agree to show up and play. No need to rent the place out. Another brainstorm, if this works out then maybe we rotate the location? Make it a sort of "Pinside Tour" thing. Maybe a month after ppm meet we go to Free Gold Watch. Then next month Phoenix Games. Etc, etc, etc.

Not to complicate things though. Just, "let's meet at ppm at X date and time" works.

I can likely make the 9th. I'm sure there are a bunch of EBP lurking this thread who are Pinside that will be down as well.

#598 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Not to complicate things though. Just, "let's meet at ppm at X date and time" works.

Agreed, I think the simpler the better as well. I also like the idea of rotating locations.

#599 10 years ago

I can't make it -Bad

I will be in Maui-Good

#600 10 years ago

Sounds like you need a stunt double for one of your trips.

Steve

Quoted from pinwillie:

I can't make it -Bad
    I will be in Maui-Good

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.