Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 168.
    #5901 3 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

This is your opinion?
    Their website does NOT indicate that it is off for this year.

I do not wish to spread mis-information as the site states that hotel reservations and tickets are on hold for now. So more correctly, like everything else, CAX is on Pause. The committment from Santa Clara County to have the show proceed is what we are lacking now. As of 5/22, the show would not be allowed to take place.

#5902 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

jbovenzi,do you have any gottlieb system 80b parts/misc for sale by any chance?

Nope sorry. I have the guts from three of the Bally/Williams playfields noted. Wiring harnesses, plastics, posts, etc.

#5903 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Nope sorry. I have the guts from three of the Bally/Williams playfields noted. Wiring harnesses, plastics, posts, etc.

thank you sir.

#5904 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I do not wish to spread mis-information as the site states that hotel reservations and tickets are on hold for now. So more correctly, like everything else, CAX is on Pause. The committment from Santa Clara County to have the show proceed is what we are lacking now. As of 5/22, the show would not be allowed to take place.

Well I’m glad the show wasn’t set to take place 5 days ago. I talk to some of the shows organizers daily. I do not seem to get the same info you are claiming to have.

#5905 3 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Well I’m glad the show wasn’t set to take place 5 days ago. I talk to some of the shows organizers daily. I do not seem to get the same info you are claiming to have.

Then you get to be the expert on the show progress. I am very much looking forward to this show if it will happen.
    Please keep us updated!

#5906 3 years ago

I just don’t know wtf you are talking about. Check the website if you want accurate updates.

#5907 3 years ago

I have a pinball Refinery Metallica Pro forsale. I am the original owner, its perfect in everyway. It has more mods than Carter takes pills! Asking $6500 cash. Pm for pics and mod list.
    Harley D.

#5908 3 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I have a pinball Refinery Metallica Pro forsale. I am the original owner, its perfect in everyway. It has more mods than Carter takes pills! Asking $6500 cash. Pm for pics and mod list.
    Harley D.

Cash sale only, or trade/partial trade?

#5909 3 years ago

Cash sale only bro.

#5910 3 years ago

Have an Iron Maiden pro going up for sale Looking for $4700. Will be getting pix in a couple of days.

Chris Fox will be at my place next weekend (5th/6th) and could take it with him if a deal is made in time.

#5911 3 years ago

A pinball buddy unfortunately had a stroke and I am helping him liquidate the collection. Just sold 2 games and have 2 more for sale.

Rollergames - $1,500
    Sharkeys Shootout - $1,800

The games appear to be working and clean according to him. I want to make it easy and painless to move these games and get him some cash.

Games located in San Ramon

DM me if interested

#5912 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

A pinball buddy unfortunately had a stroke and I am helping him liquidate the collection. Just sold 2 games and have 2 more for sale.
    Rollergames - $1,500
    The games appear to be working and clean according to him. I want to make it easy and painless to move these games and get him some cash.
    DM me if interested

Sorry to hear. PM sent

#5913 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Sorry to hear. PM sent

Rollergames pending

Sharkeys still available

#5914 3 years ago

That is terrible news.
    Whassup Justin (Dylan here from league)

I'm sorry bud.

#5915 3 years ago

Selling my Getaway located in Folsom, CA. $3000 with CPR backglass or $2800 without.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice Getaway with LEDs and mirrored CPR backglass. Also comes with the original translite w/glass. Beacon works and game comes with an extra beacon motor. Includes a nice manual as...”
    2020-05-31
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 263 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#5916 3 years ago

I have a restored original Afm forsale asking $7800

Machine - For Sale
    Attack from Mars Archived
    Fully restored (full original status) - “I have a original restored huo Attack from mars pinball machine. This pin has a clear coated Ron Kruzman playfield. All new cabinet Decals Mirror Blades All Chrome saucers includi...”
    2020-05-31
    Napa, CA
    7,800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 13 days
    Viewed: 753 times

#5917 3 years ago

Well,it looks like PAGG will be popular this year!!!

#5918 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,it looks like PAGG will be popular this year!!!

Here's hoping there is one in Oct. Fingers crossed.

#5919 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Rollergames - $1,500
    DM me if interested

Sharkeys seemed to boot fine and had keys. Really didn’t dig into it but snapped a few pics. The games will need shop jobs but they don’t appear to be basket cases or anything.

042CFEDC-7D16-437A-BD68-66C6B90B2869 (resized).jpeg042CFEDC-7D16-437A-BD68-66C6B90B2869 (resized).jpeg0F704BE0-6D7B-4F88-AED7-354CEEC2CCDF (resized).jpeg0F704BE0-6D7B-4F88-AED7-354CEEC2CCDF (resized).jpeg41ABCE5F-AA18-4758-9375-B0CE53F20204 (resized).jpeg41ABCE5F-AA18-4758-9375-B0CE53F20204 (resized).jpegD304183F-4E80-4A1C-88B3-65D6E4D5302A (resized).jpegD304183F-4E80-4A1C-88B3-65D6E4D5302A (resized).jpegF9249F5E-C3EA-4729-AC14-386ED0D513FD (resized).jpegF9249F5E-C3EA-4729-AC14-386ED0D513FD (resized).jpeg
    #5920 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Sharkeys seemed to boot fine and had keys. Really didn’t dig into it but snapped a few pics. The games will need shop jobs but they don’t appear to be basket cases or anything.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This pix look perfect if you're laying on your side. Good thinking dude!

#5921 3 years ago

Selling my HUO single owner Spider-Man VE. Looking for an easy and quick sale PM me with any questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97131

#5922 3 years ago

It’s official, no CAX for 2020

#5923 3 years ago

I have a Raven in decent shape. It boots up and plays, however does not have any sound at the moment. It came in as part of a combo deal and i really have no interest in it. How does $500 sound for it? You can pm me for a few pix

Added over 4 years ago:

This is now sold

#5924 3 years ago

Anyone here ever heard of or used California Amusements located in San Jose for repair work? Technician named Sam??

#5925 3 years ago

Have a pair of projects i looking to move. Have a gold wings and rescue 911. Both games are complete and in overall good shape (gold wings is in better shape then rescue 911). Both games turn on, however do not boot up. I havent looked or messed with anything, figured i would try to move them at a decent price for the pair of them. $2000 for the pair. Pm me for pix if interested.

#5926 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Anyone here ever heard of or used California Amusements located in San Jose for repair work? Technician named Sam??

Stern sent them to handle my warranty GB cab swap. I thought they did an awesome job. Not sure which tech worked on it though. That's my only experience with them.

#5927 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

It's been a long time since Sam serviced my Earthshaker, I'm thinking 10 years ago or so. Great tech and a nice guy too! Glad to hear he's still around!

#5928 3 years ago

Hi Bay Area friends! Selling my Aerosmith Pro, located in San Jose! See my marketplace ad below.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Aerosmith (Pro) Archived
    Partially restored (almost original) - “Hi! I'm selling my Aerosmith Pro to make room for another game. March 2017 production, and it's been in my home collection since I bought it from the previous owner in May 2018. Pl...”
    2020-06-12
    San Jose, CA
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 212 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#5929 3 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Hi Bay Area friends! Selling my Aerosmith Pro, located in San Jose! See my marketplace ad below.

+1 for seller. Meticulous and not prone to exaggeration. Buy with confidence.

#5930 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Meticulous and not prone to exaggeration.

It's funny, that might be the highest regard I've heard given to pinball seller -- and elegant too.
    -mof

#5931 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

+1 for seller. Meticulous and not prone to exaggeration. Buy with confidence.

Great quote ^^^^ because it's true and a great guy too!!

#5932 3 years ago

Thanks guys, super nice of you to say! Game is sold! Bring on Led Zeppelin, Stern, I have room for it now!

#5933 3 years ago

Hey gang, on the hunt for a nice, clean, newer stern Pro or Premium....Star Wars would be #1 choice. Lemme hear what ya got!

#5934 3 years ago

Who got the nice gottlieb victory for sale in Auburn?

#5935 3 years ago

It went to a good home. Not mine tho, lol.

1 week later
    #5936 3 years ago

Selling my restored Centaur. Possibly open to trades but prefer straight sale.

Machine - For Sale
    Centaur Archived
    Partially restored (almost original) - “Selling my mostly restored Centaur pinball machine. Cabinet has been repainted and turned out very nice, LED displays, CPR playfield (from their last Centaur run), CPR mirrored pla...”
    2020-06-24
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 174 times

#5937 3 years ago

Hi Bay Area folks,

Selling my Funhouse, let me know if you have any questions. No trades at this time. Cash only thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97377

Added over 4 years ago:

*Now Sold*

#5938 3 years ago

Thinking of adding a Joker Poker or a Count-Down to.the collection. Anybody have 1 they are thinking of selling

#5939 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Thinking of adding a Joker Poker or a Count-Down to.the collection. Anybody have 1 they are thinking of selling

Just missed mine. Mine ended up at the Flipper Room.

#5940 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Just missed mine. Mine ended up at the Flipper Room.

Thanks for the heads up

#5941 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I have known sam for 35+ years. when I started collecting he had a storefront in san jose by the airport. Back then, they went by interstate amusements(occasionally I see some service tags in old games I bought or fixed). He is an excellent repair tech. he can fix anything from the 70's to current (pins and vids). I just called him yesterday to see how he was doing. A op wanted me to fix his ms pacs, and I did not want to go to his laundromat to fix them. I was going to see if same wanted to do the job as I am too high risk for covid. He did not want to go there either! So operator brought them to my home.

#5942 3 years ago

a friend of mine in tracy area is looking for a first pin. He is thinking taxi or t2. I told him to stick to bally or williams. (he wanted a street fighter but I say no to gottlieb). So if you have something popping up, I can pass you his contact info.

#5943 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

a friend of mine in tracy area is looking for a first pin. He is thinking taxi or t2. I told him to stick to bally or williams. (he wanted a street fighter but I say no to gottlieb). So if you have something popping up, I can pass you his contact info.

Why would you say no when it's his choice? Those Gottliebs are freakin tanks. They (in my experience) break far less than any Williams or Bally game.

#5944 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Why would you say no when it's his choice? Those Gottliebs are freakin tanks. They (in my experience) break far less than any Williams or Bally game.

because he has zero repair skills. I have worked on a few gottliebs in the past and I have zero desire to work on them in the future. he is free to do what he wants. the other pin he was asking about is waterworld. I will not encourage him to buy two pins that will be anchors if he ever decides to sell. at least with taxi and t2, there is interest in them.

#5945 3 years ago

I have a buddy in lake tahoe looking for a pin. He isn't real particular. I would hope that if someone responds they have a nicely working pin and can deliver it for him. I am sure he is willing to pay the high end of the going rate. He doesn't know pricing, so he would rely on me for an opinion. He is looking for something late 80's to now I suppose. Some thing with a multiball. I could only guess that $3000 ish is where we should focus. I'm sure he'd pay more for a nicely running machine. A routed machine would be fine, because he isn't a collector. I would just hope that the seller could make sure it's working perfectly.

#5946 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

because he has zero repair skills. I have worked on a few gottliebs in the past and I have zero desire to work on them in the future. he is free to do what he wants. the other pin he was asking about is waterworld. I will not encourage him to buy two pins that will be anchors if he ever decides to sell. at least with taxi and t2, there is interest in them.

Those are good points Bill. But Bally Williams games have reached an age where they tend to involve regular repairs (and additional expense) as well. By the time I'm happy with the state of my 90's games, I could have afforded newer reliable (used) games from Chicago Pinball or even Stern... I love many of the 90's games but just wanted to throw that out there for a newbie who is more interested in playing than fixing.

#5947 3 years ago

Thinking about replacing my MMr RE with a Deadpool prem or LE. Anyone in the market or looking for a trade?

#5948 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoopybox:

Thinking about replacing my MMr RE with a Deadpool prem or LE. Anyone in the market or looking for a trade?

That's a good move IMO. If I had to choose between MMRRE and DP Prem, I would keep the DP. MM is an all time classic but it just isn't as much fun or as deep or as challenging as the newer games like DP.
    Having said all that, the Royal is absolutely beautiful. RGB lighting, XL dmd, armor, topper, it's easily the nicest version of the MM's. You won't have a hard time selling it I'm sure. Good luck.

#5949 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Those are good points Bill. But Bally Williams games have reached an age where they tend to involve regular repairs (and additional expense) as well. By the time I'm happy with the state of my 90's games, I could have afforded newer reliable (used) games from Chicago Pinball or even Stern... I love many of the 90's games but just wanted to throw that out there for a newbie who is more interested in playing than fixing.

I would agree, but then he would getting into the 4k+ range. I would think he is more in the 2k or 3k max range. My operator buddy loved t2's. he said they never broke on route. I could probably sell him my above average t2, but then I would be in the market for a really nice t2 replacement.

#5950 3 years ago

Quoted from Mrbill:a friend of mine in tracy area is looking for a first pin. He is thinking taxi or t2. I told him to stick to bally or williams. (he wanted a street fighter but I say no to gottlieb). So if you have something popping up, I can pass you his contact info.

Quoted from Mrbill:

please people listen to this man,gottliebs are bad for you

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/119?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.