(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 168.
    #5851 3 years ago

When the shackles are loosened, I would be happy to come up there to buy. Sorry to hear that the Pin side of your business will be no more.

Let us know how we can order online if you can please.

Good luck with the Art/Framing side of your business!

#5852 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

This is going to be a real bummer to many TFR family and friends, I know it is for me…
    The arcade portion of The Flipper Room will not be reopening until further notice. With the unforeseen future of “returning to business as usual” looming in the distance; and knowing that filling our pinball venue w/ crowds where people are comfortable and do not have to wear masks could be quite some time away; we have made this difficult decision.
    We will be refocusing our energy on the art and picture framing division. APF-The Art of Picture Framing will expand and integrate its showroom into The Flipper Room galleries and will continue to offer excellent custom framing services and amazing art as it has been for almost 15 years.
    The Flipper Room will be expanding its online shopping experience with new pinball related art, gear and products. After all, we love pinball… we aren't giving it up!
    To raise money for all of these changes, we will be selling many of our pinball machines and offering a short time deal on art in the gallery. If there is a piece of art or a pinball machine you have been eyeing, now is the time to jump on it.
    We will miss seeing many of your friendly faces and pinball jive talk. Keep an eye out in the future for the next TFR pinball gallery and arcade. Until then, stay safe and be well.
    Cheers!
    Mike Moretti

Very bad news. Sorry Mike

#5853 3 years ago

Such a bummer but I completely understand and respect the decision... I hope the best for your framing business!

I am very interested in picking up a pin for home. Id be interested in getting some prices when you want to sell.

Stay safe and thanks for giving me an awesome place to get into such an amazing hobby!

#5854 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

This is going to be a real bummer to many TFR family and friends, I know it is for me…
    The arcade portion of The Flipper Room will not be reopening until further notice. With the unforeseen future of “returning to business as usual” looming in the distance; and knowing that filling our pinball venue w/ crowds where people are comfortable and do not have to wear masks could be quite some time away; we have made this difficult decision.
    We will be refocusing our energy on the art and picture framing division. APF-The Art of Picture Framing will expand and integrate its showroom into The Flipper Room galleries and will continue to offer excellent custom framing services and amazing art as it has been for almost 15 years.
    The Flipper Room will be expanding its online shopping experience with new pinball related art, gear and products. After all, we love pinball… we aren't giving it up!
    To raise money for all of these changes, we will be selling many of our pinball machines and offering a short time deal on art in the gallery. If there is a piece of art or a pinball machine you have been eyeing, now is the time to jump on it.
    We will miss seeing many of your friendly faces and pinball jive talk. Keep an eye out in the future for the next TFR pinball gallery and arcade. Until then, stay safe and be well.
    Cheers!
    Mike Moretti

I'm so sorry Mike. TFR was the best location pinball I've ever seen.

#5855 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I'm so sorry Mike. TFR was the best location pinball I've ever seen.

This^.
    My best wishes to you and your family Mike.
    When this all calms down I will be in to pick up some new art for the house.

#5856 3 years ago

Wow, so bummed to hear this. TFR was/is such a great place. Thanks for everything you guys do! I hope you guys can bring it back in the future.

#5857 3 years ago

Looking for a players condition Cirqus Voltaire, if you know someone that has one for sale PM

#5858 3 years ago

Looking for a NIB JJP Wizard of Oz with 2.0 boards- PM me if you know any distributors that might have- Thanks-

#5859 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Looking for a NIB JJP Wizard of Oz with 2.0 boards- PM me if you know any distributors that might have- Thanks-

Check with abelelectronics - at one point he had an ECLE NIB with 2.0 boards. Not cheap, but an option.

#5860 3 years ago

Thanks for that. I did so and they only have YBR’s available.

#5861 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks for that. I did so and they only have YBR’s available.

Try Automated. Seems like they always have a deep inventory of NIB.

#5862 3 years ago

Automated has a few WoZ Ruby Reds but has a $1,000 dealer mark up on them currently. I tried them last week. I’d buy right now at $9,500 but not interested in their mark up.

Pinball Pirate has YBR’s only currently as well.

Might be a lost cause for now. Just thought I would throw it out there, I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks everyone!

#5863 3 years ago

Also posted this in the Playfield Buy/Sell/Trade topic, but would prefer to sell local and not ship.

Centaur Repro, IPB
    Bally Eight Ball, NOS
    Gottlieb Big Hit, NOS
    Stern Roller Coaster Tycoon, NOS
    Stern Wild Fyre, NOS
    Data East Rocky and Bullwinkle, NOS

All are drilled and dimpled. PM me please for pictures and prices.

Thank you.

Added over 4 years ago:

Eight Ball is gone, thank you.

Added over 4 years ago:

R&B is gone

Added over 4 years ago:

Will do new post later.

#5864 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We sold 18 pins in 36 hours! It was a marathon! We also kept more than 18 pins on the back burner. Funds were raised to put the company in a much stronger position coming out of this pandemic disaster than we were going into it.

The Flipper Room will still be very active in the community until it makes sense to reopen the arcade. After all, who wants to play pinball with a mask on?!? We have Brian Allen finishing up our 2020 Annual Fine Art Print which will be for sale. I just saw the rough draft and it ROCKs! If you don't know his name, he just finished the Medieval Madness remake backglass, preceded by the Monster Bash and Attack From Mars alternate backglasses.

We have a new online partnership with threadless to fulfill our online shirt sales, so look for many new and awesome pinball shirts and merch coming out.

I know it's a shock to many, but we will all be so busy working on getting back to normal over the next 6 months that 2021 will smack us in the face very soon. Who knows what next year will bring, but I am sure there will be exciting news coming from us.

#5865 3 years ago

Nice to have known you Mike,maybe 2021 you can sponsor another GSPF volunteers event! Good luck,have fun.B safe!!

#5866 3 years ago

Still have this brand new in box UNIS Pong Table. Need to move it to make room. Come get it for $2000, over $1500 off buying elsewhere.

Link to website incase someone doesn’t know what it is.

https://www.tablepongproject.com/#

Edit:this is now sold!

#5867 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Still have this brand new in box UNIS Pong Table. Need to move it to make room. Come get it, $2000, over 2500 off buying elsewhere.
    Link to website incase someone doesn’t know what it is.
    https://www.tablepongproject.com/#

These look really fun...wish u were closer

#5868 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

These look really fun...wish u were closer

Chris Fox can bring it to you. He has a trip planned at the end of may and will be at my house picking up another game going south so he could easily load it up.

#5869 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Chris Fox can bring it to you. He has a trip planned at the end of may and will be at my house picking up another game going south so he could easily load it up.

Interesting....Chris has been to my house before ....great guy

#5870 3 years ago

Anybody have an Escalara for sale?

#5871 3 years ago

trying to find a lift channel for a gottlieb premier backglass, all the online stores seem to be out. let me know!

#5872 3 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

trying to find a lift channel for a gottlieb premier backglass, all the online stores seem to be out. let me know!

Have you called Steve young?

#5873 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Have you called Steve young?

It said sold out on the site but I should probably double check. I ain’t calling though because I can only imagine his fury if someone called asking about something listed as not in stock

#5874 3 years ago

It said sold out on the site but I should probably double check. I ain’t calling though because I can only imagine his fury if someone called asking about something listed as not in stock

You may survive the call if you have the part number. If not...

#5875 3 years ago

Try email, include part number...I have had great success via email.

#5876 3 years ago

can someone please provide the part number,i'm looking for the same for "victory".
    practical steve,wich premier are you working on? just curious.

#5877 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Try email, include part number...I have had great success via email.

Steve is short handed right now. Email orders are more efficient for him.

#5878 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

can someone please provide the part number,i'm looking for the same for "victory".
    practical steve,wich premier are you working on? just curious.

I finally got a Hollywood Heat!

#5879 3 years ago

Anyone want a beat up Space Invaders with some
    random bits left on it? I'm asking the princely sum of $0.

20200515_113257 (resized).jpg20200515_113257 (resized).jpg20200515_113325 (resized).jpg20200515_113325 (resized).jpg

You could always buy an overlay and actually fix it up. Just a thought: ebay.com link: BALLY SPACE INVADERS Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay

#5880 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone want a beat up Space Invaders with some
    random bits left on it? I'm asking the princely sum of $0.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    You could always buy an overlay and actually fix it up. Just a thought: ebay.com link » Bally Space Invaders Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay

I will take it Mike. Dan just got one and may need some parts.

#5881 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

So let it be written, so let it be done.

#5882 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

You over paid for that one!

#5883 3 years ago

I think that will buff right out!

#5884 3 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

I think that will buff right out!

Dude... pop it in, add some wax, fire it up, and blam! Good to go.

#5885 3 years ago

Sharkeys Shootout - 1800 to local pinsiders
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

Open to trades.

Still looking for an escalara

#5886 3 years ago

Anyone need some wall art?

20200519_143939 (resized).jpg20200519_143939 (resized).jpg
    #5887 3 years ago

Couple Things....
    Any News of Cal Extreme Yet??? My wife says no, but I'll drive up and wear a mask if I have to.
    Speaking of Cal extreme.
    PANIC PARK, PANIC PARK..boom boom boom
    I got one and would love some Handles. The most Panic Parks I've ever seen were at Cal Extreme.
    So, does anyone have an extra set of Handles for Panic Park??
    Would love a set, used is ok.
    Thanks

#5888 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Couple Things....
    Any News of Cal Extreme Yet??? My wife says no, but I'll drive up and wear a mask if I have to.
    Speaking of Cal extreme.
    PANIC PARK, PANIC PARK..boom boom boom
    I got one and would love some Handles. The most Panic Parks I've ever seen were at Cal Extreme.
    So, does anyone have an extra set of Handles for Panic Park??
    Would love a set, used is ok.
    Thanks

CalExtreme is done for this year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

#5889 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I figured end of July was to soon for a show.
    Guess our next chance is Pin a gogo in Oct? Then Banning in late Oct, will see.
    It does look like there will be no Expo in Chicago in Oct as well.

#5890 3 years ago

FREE! Chicago Coin Hollywood cabinet. Someone thought they were going to make a virtual pin and I guess lost interest. Solid cabinet, 95% stripped bare, side rails painted red, body has purple painted on one side. It's not pretty, but it's solid.
    text: nine1six7one82534

IMG_7729 (resized).jpgIMG_7729 (resized).jpgIMG_7730 (resized).jpgIMG_7730 (resized).jpg
    #5891 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone need some wall art?
    [quoted image]

I'll take it

#5892 3 years ago

Anyone have a working non-EM pinball machine for sale?

#5893 3 years ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Anyone have a working non-EM pinball machine for sale?

sacramento.craigslist.org link

#5894 3 years ago

Four used playfields: Gottlieb College Queens, Bally Eight Ball, Bally Silverball Mania, Williams Comet.

Will ship if I have to, but shipping will cost more than the playfield! $30 each or all for $100.

Mostly stripped, some minor parts and sockets remain on some.

IMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0773 (resized).jpegIMG_0773 (resized).jpeg
    Added over 4 years ago:

All four sold. Thank you.

#5895 3 years ago

I always loved how Bored as Hell those "College Queens" look on the playfield.

#5896 3 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

I always loved how Bored as Hell those "College Queens" look on the playfield.

Agreed. I got it because they were "Emo" before Emo was cool.

#5897 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Four used playfields: Gottlieb College Queens, Bally Eight Ball, Bally Silverball Mania, Williams Comet.
    Will ship if I have to, but shipping will cost more than the playfield! $30 each or all for $100.
    Mostly stripped, some minor parts and sockets remain on some.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I will take all 4 please!

#5898 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sonny6Speed:

I will take all 4 please!

Thank you! Just PM'ed you as I might have a buyer ahead of you. Will let you know as soon as I can if it falls through.

#5899 3 years ago

jbovenzi,do you have any gottlieb system 80b parts/misc for sale by any chance?

#5900 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

This is your opinion?

Their website does NOT indicate that it is off for this year.

There are 8,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/118?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.