(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 168.
    #5801 4 years ago

Saw cl ad for used pf glass in the east bay
    (Probably someone on here)
    Wish I saw it earlier drove right by

#5802 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

That Pharaoh has practically a new sheet, so you are good there

#5803 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

If you need some glass, I still have 6-8 sheets in Morgan Hill. A few have scratches, but most are nice.
    $20ea, take your pick.

#5804 4 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

That Pharaoh has practically a new sheet, so you are good there

I wasn’t thinking of that one.

#5805 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I wasn’t thinking of that one.

i contacted him,he's in richmond,i have yet to make it there.

#5806 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

If you need some glass, I still have 6-8 sheets in Morgan Hill. A few have scratches, but most are nice.
    $20ea, take your pick.

I have an EBD that needs new glass. Mine is pretty scratched up.

#5807 4 years ago
    Quoted from 2Fun:

I have an EBD that needs new glass. Mine is pretty scratched up.

$20 and you can take your pick. Or bring over some tacos.

#5808 4 years ago

Our usual Second Saturdays casual event is on this weekend. Saturday, 1p to 9p, in Tracy. Please use common sense re health. Our place is a No Corona zone, but IPA is stocked.

We'll be ordering pizza at 2pm for a 3pm delivery. We'll order based on who's around or let's me know in advance.

#5809 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Our usual Second Saturdays casual event is on this weekend. Saturday, 1p to 9p, in Tracy. Please use common sense re health. Our place is a No Corona zone, but IPA is stocked.
    We'll be ordering pizza at 2pm for a 3pm delivery. We'll order based on who's around or let's me know in advance.

Now that we know you have plenty of Alcohol, should we bring Toilet Paper instead?

#5810 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Ah, I brought a box of Corona once. Oops!!

#5811 4 years ago

jbovenzi: YES! That stuff is backordered on Amazon till after tax day.

#5812 4 years ago

Anyone pick up that stars in South Bay ?
    Thought I was fast , not fast enough

#5813 4 years ago

I noticed the Stars still available today. I think the asking price was 2000

#5814 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I noticed the Stars still available today. I think the asking price was 2000

There was another one listed after that for just a few hundred bucks. It was in a project state and missing a few things, but still a great deal.

#5815 4 years ago

Two pins left to sell.

Metallica Monsters Premium with COLOR DMD, shaker motor, and every Cliffy protector. $5900

Bought new 2-2.5 years ago. Not an HUO machine, but still in great shape. Many of you have probably seen/played it at Phoenix Games. Cleaned monthly. Flippers rebuilt a few months ago. Playfield still looks good. Cabinet looks mint. 1 broken plastic. Sparky has a damaged foot, so throwing in a new sparky and also a new magnet core.

Still figuring out the other one to sell.

Added over 4 years ago:

Metallica sold

#5816 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Two pins left to sell.
    Metallica Monsters Premium with COLOR DMD, shaker motor, and every Cliffy protector. $5900
    Bought new 2-2.5 years ago. Not an HUO machine, but still in great shape. Many of you have probably seen/played it at Phoenix Games. Cleaned monthly. Flippers rebuilt a few months ago. Playfield still looks good. Cabinet looks mint. 1 broken plastic. Sparky has a damaged foot, so throwing in a new sparky and also a new magnet core.
    Still figuring out the other one to sell.

you end up closing on the cabin?

#5817 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

you end up closing on the cabin?

Nope. Backed out. Inspection results not great. Seller refused to chip in. Will have to find another one.

#5818 4 years ago

Probably wasn't a bad time to liquidate a few machines, in hindsight.

#5819 4 years ago

Looking to change up my lineup a bit assuming I can actually sell a game that I've been trying to sell for some time. Anyone have any of the following for sale by chance: Cirqus Voltaire, WOZ ECLE, Williams MM, Williams Monster Bash, TSPP, or Scared Stiff? Thanks.

1 week later
    #5820 4 years ago

Hi,

I will probably put on the market my Monster Bash Remake LE soon.
    Please spread the word or PM me if interested.

thanks!

#5821 4 years ago

Is it ok to trade for stuff other than pinball?
    If not, I'll delete the post.
    I have a couple of coin doors, glare eliminators, and a couple of Williams/Bally dmds. The owl eye coin door needs the correct 25c plastic.
    I'm looking for some iron weights, and a bench press bar.
    I'm in the South Bay.
    PM me if you need more pics, thanks!

IMG_0236 (resized).JPGIMG_0236 (resized).JPGIMG_0241 (resized).JPGIMG_0241 (resized).JPGIMG_0243 (resized).JPGIMG_0243 (resized).JPG Added over 4 years ago:

I no longer need weights. I will trade for a Nintendo Switch.
    I have other pinball parts that I could trade. PM me, thanks.

#5822 4 years ago

Selling a nice Family Guy to try to fund a game from another pinsider. Feel free to let me know if interested. Thank you.

Machine - For Sale
    Family Guy Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice Family Guy that I would like to sell to fund another game from a pinsider. (My first choice is to sell it, but I might also be open to trading toward a nice White Wa...”
    2020-04-05
    San Francisco, CA
    4,200 (OBO)
    Archived after: 5 days
    Viewed: 442 times

#5823 4 years ago

Anybody doing playfield clear coating in Sacramento and Northern California areas? Looking for a quality automotive clear application. Looking for a resource for projects now and in the future.
    thx
    izzy

#5824 4 years ago

(apologies for the double post)

On the hunt for a TOM or TAF (from players to restored) PM me if you've got one your considering selling.

#5825 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

(apologies for the double post)
    On the hunt for a TOM or TAF (from players to restored) PM me if you've got one your considering selling.

I have both of those games I am trying to sell one to fund another game.

#5826 4 years ago

My Williams IJ has plexiglass over the translite art (art is taped to the plexiglass) where backglass should be. It's been this way for the ten years I have had it, and it's always bothered me. I'm now finally getting around to trying to replace the plexiglass with the right material. Does anyone have the glass that would fit there by chance? If so, please PM me. Thank you.

#5827 4 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

My Williams IJ has plexiglass over the translite art (art is taped to the plexiglass) where backglass should be. It's been this way for the ten years I have had it, and it's always bothered me. I'm now finally getting around to trying to replace the plexiglass with the right material. Does anyone have the glass that would fit there by chance? If so, please PM me. Thank you.

This might help!

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

Local glass shop can cut to your desired dimension. Make sure it's tempered as well. Maybe tough to find a glass shop open due to the shelter in place. Good Luck!

#5828 4 years ago

Hey everyone, send me your pagg and or GSPF pics so I can make more followers vids.
    Send em to [email protected]
    Thanks.

#5829 4 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

This might help!
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes
    Local glass shop can cut to your desired dimension. Make sure it's tempered as well. Maybe tough to find a glass shop open due to the shelter in place. Good Luck!

Thank you very much. I will see what I can do.

I have waited ten years. What's another indefinite amount of time while we're sheltering in place?

Thanks again.

#5830 4 years ago

PINSIDER WARNING!! Don't buy from jamesbon1 (Adam Numark, 415-xxx-7964, Novato area)

Somehow he has good reputation here, but he sold me a routed Wonka LE as HUO immediately after picking it up from Ayce gogi arcade. Playfield is chipped around front posts, Invisiglass is missing , and game has somewhere between 10-12k plays on it. Ouch.

More details...
    He contacted me over text because I missed out on a prior Wonka LE he was selling the week before (described as "Like new out of box and very clean, home use only condition. Minimal home use only/very low plays. No playfield issue or any issues."). He was very aware that HUO and condition matters... I asked him about HUO precisely because it's a short-form way to assess condition of a <1 yr old, expensive game.

He was going to deliver ~8pm but this turned into ~10:30 and after unloading the game in my driveway, with the pandemic, I told him he could leave. Shame on me for accepting his word and the game without close inspection... but it's a JJP, 9mos old, HUO, and he had good rep here!!

I gave him 2 full weeks and a dozen chances to do the right thing. I contacted him the very next morning about misrepresentation of the game (you can see # of games played in logs and the LE# in social media pics @ Ayce for godsake !!!). I asked him to take it back and re-sell to someone else. I offered to pay for his gas and a rental fee depending on when he could come get it. Then he blocked my phone. He did send me a message on pinside saying I got a great deal, game plays fine (it does), but he couldn't afford to re-sell. And he offered me $150 to stuff it and not leave bad feedback for him. His wife Zita sells games on facebook as well. I've been told at least one of the purchased HUO games somehow had earned over $2000...

Anyway, if you choose to deal with him, good luck.

IMG_2963_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2963_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2996_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2996_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2999_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2999_sm (resized).jpg
    #5831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

PINSIDER WARNING!! Don't buy from jamesbon1 (Adam Numark, 415-xxx-7964, Novato area)
    Somehow he has good reputation here, but he sold me a routed Wonka LE as HUO immediately after picking it up from Ayce gogi arcade. Playfield is chipped around front posts, Invisiglass is missing , and game has somewhere between 10-12k plays on it. Ouch.
    More details...
    He contacted me over text because I missed out on a prior Wonka LE he was selling the week before (described as "Like new out of box and very clean, home use only condition. Minimal home use only/very low plays. No playfield issue or any issues."). He was very aware that HUO and condition matters... I asked him about HUO precisely because it's a short-form way to assess condition of a <1 yr old, expensive game.
    He was going to deliver ~8pm but this turned into ~10:30 and after unloading the game in my driveway, with the pandemic, I told him he could leave. Shame on me for accepting his word and the game without close inspection... but it's a JJP, 9mos old, HUO, and he had good rep here!!
    I gave him 2 full weeks and a dozen chances to do the right thing. I contacted him the very next morning about misrepresentation of the game (you can see # of games played in logs and the LE# in social media pics @ Ayce for godsake !!!). I asked him to take it back and re-sell to someone else. I offered to pay for his gas and a rental fee depending on when he could come get it. Then he blocked my phone. He did send me a message on pinside saying I got a great deal, game plays fine (it does), but he couldn't afford to re-sell. And he offered me $150 to stuff it and not leave bad feedback for him. His wife Zita sells games on facebook as well. I've been told at least one of the purchased HUO games somehow had earned over $2000...
    Anyway, if you choose to deal with him, good luck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would also make a general pinside thread with this info. Someone may buy a game from him and have it shipped and not check the NorCal threads. Put his user name and real name in the thread title. This has been done many times in the past and has chased users off this site.

#5832 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I would also make a general pinside thread with this info. Someone may buy a game from him and have it shipped and not check the NorCal threads. Put his user name and real name in the thread title. This has been done many times in the past and has chased users off this site.

I'm working with Robin to ensure my negative feedback is re-instated in his profile. That should be enough.
    At this point, I want to avoid spamming people since I previously made the mistake of posting this in the California for-sale (wrong) thread.

#5833 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm working with Robin to ensure my negative feedback is re-instated in his profile. That should be enough.
    At this point, I want to avoid spamming people since I previously made the mistake of posting this in the California for-sale (wrong) thread.

I do not feel that the California For Sale was a "wrong" thread for the information. Nor Cal is preferable, but since this game came from Southern California, it is now a state wide concern. If more games come from that direction then you have alerted more people that this might happen again.

Regardless, I hope that you can get satisfaction on this. This machine should have not been represented in this way.

#5834 4 years ago

I've seen their games on FB, and for the most part prices seem OK. But I've never seriously requested more info on a game. Thank you for the heads up.

#5835 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I've seen their games on FB, and for the most part prices seem OK. But I've never seriously requested more info on a game. Thank you for the heads up.

People toss around "HUO" or "could've been HUO" all the time when talking about clean, older games. And most of us generally filter that because it can't be verified. But with very new games, mostly going into homes and where it's generally possible to confirm, this is a first for me. And he did it to someone else as well.

#5836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

People toss around "HUO" or "could've been HUO" all the time when talking about clean, older games. And most of us generally filter that because it can't be verified. But with very new games, mostly going into homes and where it's generally possible to confirm, this is a first for me. And he did it to someone else as well.

I contacted the guy about the Wonka he advertised on Craigslist and he told me the same thing. We went back and forth on a potential trade, but it never materialized. My guess is he sold it to u (sorry about that)....three things that would totally piss me off...The first is the misrepresentation that the game was HUO. The second is the fact that it had 12,000 game plays (thats a shit ton in my mind). The third and final would be that he took off the Invisiglass and replaced it with regular glass. As you know it will cost you another $325 to get new glass...

#5837 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm very aware that people misrepresent games as HUO a lot, especially with older games. I've been in this hobby for over 17 years, and every year it seems easier to find people selling games (older games, especially the wpc era and older) as HUO, when they most certainly aren't. Back then, the home buyer market barely existed. Yes, there was a very small amount of home buyers, but they weren't even a blip on the manufactuers radar.

#5838 4 years ago

This is easy. If the game has been on location or at a show, it’s not huo.

#5839 4 years ago

It's not called "Home Use ONLY" for nothing !!

#5840 4 years ago

PMHUO
    Pretty Much Home Use Only

#5841 4 years ago

I have a 93' ST-TNG & 90' Game Show for sale or trade (+/- cash, what ever is fair).

I'd consider newer titles like: Houdini / the Getaway HSII / Who Dunnit / Indiana Jones (Williams) / Indy-500 / Champion Pub

Or older system 11's: Bad Cats / Diner / Simpsons (DE) / Mousin Around / Whirlwind / Taxi / Funhouse

Let me know.
    Thanks!
    Kerry

2 weeks later
    #5842 3 years ago

Free sitdown Racing Cabinet. Would be an awesome MAME base
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

#5843 3 years ago

Anybody want my brand new Polk PS10W Subwoofer + Pinnovators SAM Subwoofer Kit for $100?

Technically not brand new. Unboxed and hooked up once on my Metallica. It was awesome, but things were rattling in the attached Granny Flat.

#5844 3 years ago

This is going to be a real bummer to many TFR family and friends, I know it is for me…

The arcade portion of The Flipper Room will not be reopening until further notice. With the unforeseen future of “returning to business as usual” looming in the distance; and knowing that filling our pinball venue w/ crowds where people are comfortable and do not have to wear masks could be quite some time away; we have made this difficult decision.

We will be refocusing our energy on the art and picture framing division. APF-The Art of Picture Framing will expand and integrate its showroom into The Flipper Room galleries and will continue to offer excellent custom framing services and amazing art as it has been for almost 15 years.

The Flipper Room will be expanding its online shopping experience with new pinball related art, gear and products. After all, we love pinball… we aren't giving it up!

To raise money for all of these changes, we will be selling many of our pinball machines and offering a short time deal on art in the gallery. If there is a piece of art or a pinball machine you have been eyeing, now is the time to jump on it.

We will miss seeing many of your friendly faces and pinball jive talk. Keep an eye out in the future for the next TFR pinball gallery and arcade. Until then, stay safe and be well.

Cheers!
    Mike Moretti

#5845 3 years ago

Wow! I didn't see that coming. TFR has been SUCH a fantastic place for us to play pinball and socialize. Great games. Great venue. Fantastic people. I'm really sorry to hear this Mike! I'm sure that was a tough decision to make.
    Nick

#5846 3 years ago

What is the plan for selling the machines?

#5847 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear this!!!If they are selling off their pins,I guess thats it! So,TFR is gone,and Playland (not) at the beach in El Cerrito has been gone a while now,Pinball sites are dropping like flies !!! That only leaves one in Concord!!

#5848 3 years ago

Mike, you've got my support however I can help. Family and the business has to come first.

#5849 3 years ago

Drypaint; what pins are going to be for sale?? I know Practicalsteve has said he wanted a Galaxy!

#5850 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Very sorry to hear this!!!If they are selling off their pins,I guess thats it! So,TFR is gone,and Playland (not) at the beach in El Cerrito has been gone a while now,Pinball sites are dropping like flies !!! That only leaves one in Concord!!

Unfortunately this is just the beginning and many more to come. Businesses like this, hell any small to mid sized, just can't afford to be closed down this long.

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/117?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.