Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,379 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 168.
    #5751 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I really appreciate all the kind words. You guys are making me reconsider this one. Could off something else instead. Game-play wise a pretty simple pin, but the art, sound package, and light show on it are unparalleled. Ugh! Not easy at all chopping 5-6 at once, choosing which ones to chop, second-guessing, etc.

That game is really nice, I miss it, but Ive moved on

#5752 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Has he advertised at all anywhere?

sorry dsuperbee

I have not been on pinside due to the Christmas holiday (kids out of school, etc.)

The guy advertised on Facebook to sell a Golden Arrow (incorrect cabinet), more of a parts machine. I struck up a conversation with him and he sent some photos of his space chock-full of stuff. Name is Dan Fontes out of San Rafael.

Hope this helps.

#5753 4 years ago

Are there any pinball parts retailers in Nor Cal or NV that do over the counter sales? I thought I had read/heard about one but I couldn't fine one by Googling. I'm thinking of purchasing some playfield glass. The glass isn't bad enough that I want to pay to ship the glass but if there was some that I could pick up in person for a good price, I might do so. Thanks,

#5754 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Are there any pinball parts retailers in Nor Cal or NV that do over the counter sales? I thought I had read/heard about one but I couldn't fine one by Googling. I'm thinking of purchasing some playfield glass. The glass isn't bad enough that I want to pay to ship the glass but if there was some that I could pick up in person for a good price, I might do so. Thanks,

Why not just get it from a local glass shop?

#5755 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I just go to a local glass place, and order it there. Just make sure they grind the sides so you don’t get cut. There’s two levels of doing that finish, I just always get the cheaper one and it’s fine. Usually runs about 35 bucks.

#5756 4 years ago

Perfect Hobbit Smaug LE - HUO, original owner, light usage. It's up for sale but would also be interested in a trade?

#5757 4 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

sorry dsuperbee
    I have not been on pinside due to the Christmas holiday (kids out of school, etc.)
    The guy advertised on Facebook to sell a Golden Arrow (incorrect cabinet), more of a parts machine. I struck up a conversation with him and he sent some photos of his space chock-full of stuff. Name is Dan Fontes out of San Rafael.
    Hope this helps.

Ah, i know Dan, didnt know he was selling.

#5758 4 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

I just go to a local glass place, and order it there. Just make sure they grind the sides so you don’t get cut. There’s two levels of doing that finish, I just always get the cheaper one and it’s fine. Usually runs about 35 bucks.

Make sure to specify you want the glass tempered and NO logo.

#5759 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Why not just get it from a local glass shop?

I hadn't thought about that; seems pretty obvious. Thanks!

#5761 4 years ago

I just posted my RBION for sale if anyone is interested.

feel free to PM with questions

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ripleys-believe-it-or-not-welcome-2ripley-zone-

#5762 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Pinball Pirate in Benecia stocks standard playfield glass, $79.

(At one time Bay Area Amusements sold glass, and now they're in your neighborhood, but I can't find it on their website.)

#5763 4 years ago

Pinball Life sells two sheets of standard tempered glass for $79 plus the cost of ups or fedex ground.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/standard-tempered-playfield-glass-shippable-2-pack.html

#5764 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Pinball Life sells two sheets of standard tempered glass for $79 plus the cost of ups or fedex ground.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/standard-tempered-playfield-glass-shippable-2-pack.html

This is what started my interest as I was at pinball life for other items. The two pack increases shipping on my order by $33 so the total is $113 ($56 each). They also offer single sheets for pick up for $30; picking up is substantially cheaper so, if convenient, would definitely be worthwhile.

#5765 4 years ago
    Quoted from ts4z:

Pinball Pirate in Benecia stocks standard playfield glass, $79.
    (At one time Bay Area Amusements sold glass, and now they're in your neighborhood, but I can't find it on their website.)

Found it. They're in Sparks, I guess I can call and get their warehouse address as they have a local pickup option in their shipping choices. Only $25!

#5766 4 years ago

If anyone near me has the Williams backbox warning/patent ink screening kit, i would like to pay to rent it from you. It's rather expensive to buy for a one time use.

b1d707ccafee11a76f1cfd5758720a109d884f00 (resized).jpgb1d707ccafee11a76f1cfd5758720a109d884f00 (resized).jpg
    #5767 4 years ago

Regarding these postings from SF craigslist

sfbay.craigslist.org link

I sold them to the gentleman for $700 as a pair - he informed me that plans were to restore both machines.

- HI-Deal plays 100% but the playfield is roached in large sections, backglass is beautiful.

- Big Brave has a nice playfield, backglass is nice (red is faded somewhat) but there is some wire and relay gremlins that need to be sorted out (I thoroughly cleaned the score reels / credit reels / score motor).

Just FYI to the broader pinball community

#5768 4 years ago

Our usual Second Saturdays casual event is this Saturday, 1p-9p in Tracy. PM me if interested.

#5769 4 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Regarding these postings from SF craigslist
    I sold them to the gentleman for $700 as a pair - he informed me that plans were to restore both machines.
    - HI-Deal plays 100% but the playfield is roached in large sections, backglass is beautiful.
    - Big Brave has a nice playfield, backglass is nice (red is faded somewhat) but there is some wire and relay gremlins that need to be sorted out (I thoroughly cleaned the score reels / credit reels / score motor).
    Just FYI to the broader pinball community

Thanks for the jerk alert. Will avoid.

#5770 4 years ago

Stern Mirror Blades FS: $75 NIB

#5771 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

If anyone near me has the Williams backbox warning/patent ink screening kit, i would like to pay to rent it from you. It's rather expensive to buy for a one time use.[quoted image]

When I redid my AFM, I just used one of these instead of the stencil: ebay.com link: CACTUS CANYON Pinball Machine BACKBOX WARNING DECAL

Just a suggestion...

#5772 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

When I redid my AFM, I just used one of these instead of the stencil: ebay.com link » Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Backbox Warning Decal
    Just a suggestion...

How did it work out for ya and how long ago had you "installed" it? Reason I ask is ... JJP used the decal approach on The Hobbit and it sucked. It would curl up. After numerous times of heating it up with a hairdryer and resetting it, it would just curl again so I wound up takin git off and throwing it away!

#5773 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

How did it work out for ya and how long ago had you "installed" it? Reason I ask is ... JJP used the decal approach on The Hobbit and it sucked. It would curl up. After numerous times of heating it up with a hairdryer and resetting it, it would just curl again so I wound up takin git off and throwing it away!

It's been about a half a year now and still looks ok to me. I don't see any curling or separation yet.
    (Of course, it doesn't have the patent numbers on it, but I do not miss them.)

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG
    #5774 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

It's been about a half a year now and still looks ok to me. I don't see any curling or separation yet.
    (Of course, it doesn't have the patent numbers on it, but I do not miss them.)[quoted image]

That looks good to me. I was thinking it would still look too glossy but that picture makes it look like it was screened. Does the decal extend beyond the very outer edges of the backbox so that it can be trimmed?

#5775 4 years ago

Stranger Things is now at the lineup at Uncle Vito’s Slice if NY on 15th St in Downtown Sacramento.

AAA1BD25-EB2B-4DE8-AB9B-432093BDD280 (resized).jpegAAA1BD25-EB2B-4DE8-AB9B-432093BDD280 (resized).jpeg
    #5776 4 years ago
    Quoted from krazy53:

Stranger Things is now at the lineup at Uncle Vito’s Slice if NY on 15th St in Downtown Sacramento.[quoted image]

Thank you. I will be there ASAP to pump some money into it.

#5777 4 years ago

That looks good to me. I was thinking it would still look too glossy but that picture makes it look like it was screened. Does the decal extend beyond the very outer edges of the backbox so that it can be trimmed?

I did not put the decal on. Larry Kaye here in the Bay Area did the great work for me.
    It looks like it goes all the way to the outer wood on the backbox, so I will guess that there is enough room. Of course, you might want to paint black under the decal before applying.

#5778 4 years ago

I have the metal backing plate from a Space Station backbox. If someone needs it, ping me.

#5779 4 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to share my latest scoop repair. Really happy with how well this one came out.

IMG_6073 (resized).JPGIMG_6073 (resized).JPGIMG_6072 (resized).JPGIMG_6072 (resized).JPG
    #5780 4 years ago

Nice work!

#5782 4 years ago

Wow awesome work.

#5783 4 years ago

Stranger Things is now playing at The Flipper Room!

IMG_20200123_173215_614 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_173215_614 (resized).jpg
    #5784 4 years ago

I think it's time for a new game this weekend. Maybe a really nice...

Diner
    Earthshaker
    Funhouse
    Junk Yard
    Theatre of Magic
    Twilight Zone

Might also go for something newer?

Total Nuclear Annihilation
    Batman 66 LE
    Iron Maiden Premium/LE
    Deadpool Premium/LE

Anyone looking to sell one of these within about a hundred miles of the Bay Area?

#5785 4 years ago
    Quoted from ctl723:

Twilight Zone

I have a incredibly nice / clean TZ... not for sale yet.

Original cabinet no fade
    Apparently home used for 20+ years
    Exceptionally clean, nothing broken
    all armor powder coated gloss back (Legs, glass rail, head hinges, glass lock bar)

I'm in Danville, near Pleasanton

Kerry

#5786 4 years ago

I have a flawless and well upgraded Metallica Premium (over $1k in upgrades) for sale or trade; preference is sale but willing to listen
    - Purple powder coat
    - Full Cliffy's
    - Color DMD
    - Low plays - one look at the playfield will verify this
    - Flipper Fidelity
    - flipper toppers, snake decal

I'm in Redwood City - Harvey

1 week later
    #5787 4 years ago

Hesitated initially but ready to let TNA go to a good home.
    $5400 obo. listed in marketplace.
    “Koozies included”
    883234EB-93E7-4A84-B646-1CA175FFC2E9 (resized).jpeg883234EB-93E7-4A84-B646-1CA175FFC2E9 (resized).jpeg

#5788 4 years ago

Just curious: did anyone on this thread pick up the minty Secret Service that popped up on Craig’s List yesterday? Was considering it, and bang! Gone! If someone on this thread got it, I’d love to know so I could come over someday to give it a spin and see what I missed out on.

#5789 4 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

Just curious: did anyone on this thread pick up the minty Secret Service that popped up on Craig’s List yesterday? Was considering it, and bang! Gone! If someone on this thread got it, I’d love to know so I could come over someday to give it a spin and see what I missed out on.

It's still up on the FB marketplace. I can put you in touch with the seller if wanted.

#5790 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's still up on the FB marketplace. I can put you in touch with the seller if wanted.

I guess bang again. It reappeared on Craig’s List. I’ll just reach out via CL. Thanks!

#5791 4 years ago

Black Rose for sale in Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento.

Plays great, Fresh flippers all around and all new white rubber rings. Hate LEDs?? This is the game for you! All incandescent bulbs!

Power driver board has been serviced and the GI pins and connectors have been replaced. Upgraded (?) NOGA SOUND cab speaker.

There is some PF wear (pictured) and the cab has been drilled (one small hole) but the cab has been touched up so it has good color.

$2600 or trade? Let me know what you got. You pick up in Elk Grove (easy garage access) but local delivery is possible for gas and a small helper fee.

255E1714-75EE-49E2-A572-1B349C1177A7 (resized).jpeg255E1714-75EE-49E2-A572-1B349C1177A7 (resized).jpeg7BD9AEFD-8278-4D67-901E-DCFE3F3F3C31 (resized).jpeg7BD9AEFD-8278-4D67-901E-DCFE3F3F3C31 (resized).jpeg66670F08-4C61-464A-8FC2-E29BF3C50BDB (resized).jpeg66670F08-4C61-464A-8FC2-E29BF3C50BDB (resized).jpeg96333DC4-AF07-4490-BC38-DD9079CF9C26 (resized).jpeg96333DC4-AF07-4490-BC38-DD9079CF9C26 (resized).jpegB5D9806B-A7DA-43DE-A7F3-142A26079232 (resized).jpegB5D9806B-A7DA-43DE-A7F3-142A26079232 (resized).jpeg

#5792 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Black Rose for sale in Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento.
    Plays great, Fresh flippers all around and all new white rubber rings. Hate LEDs?? This is the game for you! All incandescent bulbs!
    Power driver board has been serviced and the GI pins and connectors have been replaced. Upgraded (?) NOGA SOUND cab speaker.
    There is some PF wear (pictured) and the cab has been drilled (one small hole) but the cab has been touched up so it has good color.
    $2600 or trade? Let me know what you got. You pick up in Elk Grove (easy garage access) but local delivery is possible for gas and a small helper fee.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Game is sold, thanks.

#5793 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hjbondar:

I have a flawless and well upgraded Metallica Premium (over $1k in upgrades) for sale or trade; preference is sale but willing to listen
    - Purple powder coat
    - Full Cliffy's
    - Color DMD
    - Low plays - one look at the playfield will verify this
    - Flipper Fidelity
    - flipper toppers, snake decal
    I'm in Redwood City - Harvey

Game is sold - thanks

#5794 4 years ago

WTB: Black Knight 2000 compatible head/ backbox. PM me.

#5795 4 years ago

Are there usually Invisiglass/PDI widebody sheets for sale during May's Pinball Festival in Lodi?

#5796 4 years ago

Are there usually Invisiglass/PDI widebody sheets for sale during May's Pinball Festival in Lodi?

No, not usually. You might be able to contact Marco or Pinball Pirate for the Stern HD glass to be brought to the show.

2 weeks later
    #5797 4 years ago

Am looking for early system 80 side rails to fit my Gottlieb Spider-Man (3"W x 48.25" L - 49.25" extended).

Checked PBR and Marco but nothing comes up. Checked the interweb and also, nothing.

Has anyone used a metal fabricator in the east bay to make these?

Thanks.

#5798 4 years ago

Looking for a pharaoh in the bay are or close by?
    pm me please.

#5800 4 years ago

I have an excellent condition first owner SWLE available $7200 obo.

There are 8,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/116?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.