(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 168.
    #5701 4 years ago

Try this next time someone makes you a lowball offer...

AD6699B8-38A9-45B2-BE90-ADFACF65C4F1 (resized).jpegAD6699B8-38A9-45B2-BE90-ADFACF65C4F1 (resized).jpeg
    #5702 4 years ago

Hahaha! That's funny, I don't care who you are.

#5703 4 years ago

To the group:

i put some assorted parts on CL that didn't quite get to the PAGG Swap meet.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Let me know if you are interested and I can send pricing back to you.

Thank you for your indulgence!

Added over 4 years ago:

Off CL now

#5704 4 years ago

Hopefully not breaking any rules by posting here...

I live in Colorado but will be traveling to Reno and likely Sacramento in the first few days of January. I am looking to add at least one game to my game room and I thought I would look along my itinerary.

Looking mainly for the following:
    - Total Nuclear Annihilation (preference to basic game with no or few upgrades or mods)
    - Stern Star Wars (Pro)

But I may consider a few more from that list :
    - Stern Kiss (Pro)
    - Deadpool (Pro)
    - Iron Man (Pro)
    - The Shadow
    - Tron (Pro) (ideally with as few mod as possible)
    - Medieval Madness (Classic)
    - Attack from Mars (Classic)

Not interested in getting a game shipped to me. I would pick it up myself. It does not have to be exactly in Reno or Sacramento, I can travel a little more to get the game.

Chris

Originally posted in the Colorado FS/FT thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/84#post-5326009)

#5705 4 years ago

An excellent Xmas present!

Other - For Sale
    “Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019 $3350 for everything except tv. Pedestal ($3900 value) Factory TV stand ($400 value) LED lighted Marquee ($100 value) Wireless bridge wifi conn...”
    2020-04-28
    Livermore, CA
    3,350 (OBO)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 389 times

#5706 4 years ago

If you enjoy going to Phoenix Games, or have been wanting to visit Phoenix Games, please consider doing so this Sunday 12/8. 100% of the arcade revenue is being donated to a good cause near and dear to the store owner.

The entire arcade will be on Free Play with a small cover charge of only $5 per hour, or $10 for all day. Free snacks and refrehsments. Kids 4 and under free.

Also, 20% off anything in the store for paying arcade guests.

Posting this for the store owner as he is not on Pinside.l

Hours are 10am-9pm
    4607 Clayton Rd, Concord

#5707 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you enjoy going to Phoenix Games, or have been wanting to visit Phoenix Games, please consider doing so this Sunday 12/8. 100% of the arcade revenue is being donated to a good cause near and dear to the store owner.

Please name the good cause.
    Just as an example if this were me, a good cause near and dear to my heart would be a JJPOTCLE in my game room.

#5708 4 years ago

#5709 4 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Please name the good cause.
    Just as an example if this were me, a good cause near and dear to my heart would be a JJPOTCLE in my game room.

It's definitely a charity fundraiser. Nobody is trying to fleece the community. Got this quote from the store owner:

"The fund raiser is for the Poison Apple theater. They help introduce kids to theater, acting and various aspects of a play. They needed to raise funds. They do a lot in terms of keeping kids productive and in a positive environment. So we thought we would help them out."

I'll be there with my $10. Hope to see some of you there. Thanks.

#5710 4 years ago

It's definitely a charity fundraiser. Nobody is trying to fleece the community. Got this quote from the store owner:
    "The fund raiser is for the Poison Apple theater. They help introduce kids to theater, acting and various aspects of a play. They needed to raise funds. They do a lot in terms of keeping kids productive and in a positive environment. So we thought we would help them out."
    I'll be there with my $10. Hope to see some of you there. Thanks.

You own the pins there right Bryce? Very cool of you guys to do this. I hope you guys raise a ton of cash!

#5711 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

You own the pins there right Bryce? Very cool of you guys to do this. I hope you guys raise a ton of cash!

Just over half of them. I hope so, too. Thanks!

#5712 4 years ago

Just posted my Twilight Zone for sale in the marketplace. The space I built for my kids to entertain included this classic, but they pay it no attention. Twilight Zone is looking for some love.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88803

#5713 4 years ago

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Anyone have any project wedgeheads or other Em's they are looking to let go?

#5714 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

I have a nice Gottlieb Golden Arrow I'm open to selling. Been in my family since 1984. Dialed in. Plays great. If serious shoot me a PM.

#5715 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

There is a cheap Grand Prix on CL in Chico right now: chico.craigslist.org link

#5716 4 years ago

Anyone interested in selling their Torpedo Alley? Seeking one in nice shape. Or maybe a Robocop in nice shape.

#5717 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

There is a guy in San Rafael that has 80 EM machines of all different types. Don't know how many in the collection he plans on letting go.

A few examples...

ace machine gun (resized).jpgace machine gun (resized).jpgbaseball champ (resized).jpgbaseball champ (resized).jpgcommando (resized).jpgcommando (resized).jpgking tut (resized).jpgking tut (resized).jpglucky ace (resized).jpglucky ace (resized).jpg
    #5718 4 years ago

I bought a backglass from jbovenzi in Castro Valley. Wondering if anyone could give it a ride to INDISC? Or if your coming this way for any other reason for that matter

Gladly kick in a few bucks for your effort and gas.

#5719 4 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

There is a guy in San Rafael that has 80 EM machines of all different types. Don't know how many in the collection he plans on letting go.
    A few examples...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has he advertised at all anywhere?

#5720 4 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

Another option: sfbay.craigslist.org link

#5721 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

There is a cheap Grand Prix on CL in Chico right now: chico.craigslist.org link

That's tempting!

#5722 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That's tempting!

It's gone. I bought it!

#5723 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

It's gone. I bought it!

Congrats! I didn't think it would last. Fun game

#5724 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Congrats! I didn't think it would last. Fun game

Thanks. Never had an em before.
    It's pretty beat up but everything works it seems. Just dirty. Don't know how much effort the playfield is worth in it's condition, thinking about cleaning it up throwing a pf protector on and calling it a day once i get the ball count and bonus units cleaned up.

#5725 4 years ago

A good cleaning and wax will help protect that play field. I wouldn't suggest a play field protector on an em. The balls just aren't traveling that fast. If your worried about it, you could give it a clear coat.

#5726 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

Thanks. Never had an em before.
    It's pretty beat up but everything works it seems. Just dirty. Don't know how much effort the playfield is worth in it's condition, thinking about cleaning it up throwing a pf protector on and calling it a day once i get the ball count and bonus units cleaned up.

It likely took tens of thousands of plays to become so worn. Some hundreds of plays you'll be putting on it are unlikely to make it any worse. I'd just clean it gently with naptha, put in a new ball, install new white rubbers, call it a day.

#5727 4 years ago

It likely took tens of thousands of plays to become so worn. Some hundreds of plays you'll be putting on it are unlikely to make it any worse. I'd just clean it gently with naptha, put in a new ball, install new white rubbers, call it a day.

83,000 something lol. This thing has seen better days.

It's definitely getting naptha cleaned and a new ball, but I wanted the playfield protector to eliminate the effect of the cupped and sunken inserts, not to protect as it's already pretty rough. 100 bucks seems better than hours of repairing a planked and beat up playfield to get a smooth ball roll.

#5728 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

83,000 something lol. This thing has seen better days.
    It's definitely getting naptha cleaned and a new ball, but I wanted the playfield protector to eliminate the effect of the cupped and sunken inserts, not to protect as it's already pretty rough. 100 bucks seems better than hours of repairing a planked and beat up playfield to get a smooth ball roll.

Speaking from experience, you can most definitely trash an old playfield like that with a few hundred home plays. I don’t care how often you wax or change out the ball. Here’s the problem - whatever form of clearcoat that originally had is shot. Plus, the ink itself lacks its original adhesion strength after all these years and who knows what sort of temperature swing exposure. I’d definitely protect it if it were mine. Plus, as you correctly point out, the protectors are a relatively affordable and easy path to smoothing out raised and/or sunken inserts.

#5729 4 years ago

Try to flatten your inserts. Hit them with a hair dryer and see if they loosen up. Once flat, put some epoxy on the inside. Try some clear striking tool epoxy from www.jrfiretools.com.

#5730 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:Try to flatten your inserts. Hit them with a hair dryer and see if they loosen up. Once flat, put some epoxy on the inside. Try some clear striking tool epoxy from www.jrfiretools.com.

Haha shameless plug much?

Can you elaborate on that? Do I need to remove to flatten? I've only read about filling with 2pac as per Vid. Just SO many inserts are both sunken and cupped. Seriously this playfield is rough in so many ways. Maybe should have talked the guy down lol
    I'll post some pictures.

Also how's your JP playing? Been thinking I need to convince my family we need to go see a movie this weekend

#5731 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

Haha shameless plug much?
    Can you elaborate on that? Do I need to remove to flatten? I've only read about filling with 2pac as per Vid. Just SO many inserts are both sunken and cupped. Seriously this playfield is rough in so many ways. Maybe should have talked the guy down lol
    I'll post some pictures.
    Also how's your JP playing? Been thinking I need to convince my family we need to go see a movie this weekend

Got me,
    It depends on the inserts. Some are loose when you press on them. Other times you can heat it up and they become loose. I try to flatten them out the best I can, others will use a C-clamp (to make sure they're flat) and then put some epoxy on the underside of the play field. This will help when the inserts are lifted (not cupped). If they are cupped, you may need to replace them. It's the down and dirty way of doing it, probably not the best advise. I've done it and it works for me.

#5732 4 years ago

You can then do a Crystal Clear Varathane clear coat to protect your play field and lock in those inserts.

#5733 4 years ago

JPII is perfect. Updated code and fixed the raptor target. ST is down for a few days until some parts arrive. We added AFM SE. Haha, I've been wondering who TYZ was putting up those high scores.

#5734 4 years ago

We finally got our Wonka CE. It'll be available for our usual Second Saturdays event in Tracy, the next of which is Jan 11th. Hit up if you want to be added to the Facebook group for that event; my FB profile is here.

#5735 4 years ago

Any pinball points of interest in the Monterey Salinas area. Saw lovers point but but no pin out there

4F23CB87-47D7-4563-AF82-E33D85B792A9 (resized).jpeg4F23CB87-47D7-4563-AF82-E33D85B792A9 (resized).jpeg
    #5736 4 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Any pinball points of interest in the Monterey Salinas area. Saw lovers point but but no pin out there

http://mfpinball.org/

#5737 4 years ago

In the process of buying a cabin, so looking to move some pins for cash. Will consider trading down, but prefer straight sale. Looking to sell ~ 4 pins from the following:

Black Knight Pro - mostly stock with shaker motor & cliffys $4800
    Game of Thrones LE - color dmd, shaker, FF speakers w/10" woofer, stern inner art blades, cliffys & plastic protectors, modified bat signal projects GOT dragon on ceiling, very low plays mint $7000
    Centaur - new playfield, new plastics, new drops, new posts, lots of new shit, original backglass in superb shape, original cabinet in good shape, sunlight LEDs $4500
    Iron Maiden Pro - shaker motor, stern inner art blades, shooter lane protector $4800
    Iron Man VE Pinball Refinery Edition - loaded with full PR treatment, powder coat, shaker, color dmd, lit figurines, steve's lighting mods, cliffys, too much to list $5500
    Whoa Nellie - plastic protectors, color matched titan rubbers, very low plays mint $4500

Added over 4 years ago:

Iron Maiden is SOLD

Added over 4 years ago:

Game of thrones SOLD

Added over 4 years ago:

Iron Man & Whoa Nellie no longer for sale

#5740 4 years ago

Sold the Iron Maiden at Phoenix Games. Brought in a pretty good replacement I think.

20191230_160851 (resized).jpg20191230_160851 (resized).jpg

#5741 4 years ago

Good morning and happy new year nor cal folks.

I started to vote in the twipy’s this morning.
    They omitted the spinner is lit pinball podcast from the podcast category.
    The completely ignored the entire west coast for best location and omitted the Golden State pinball festival and pin a go go for best show.

I wrote a very polite and respectful email to Zach at twip.

I strongly suggest all you nor cal folks do the same.

The west coast has been completely ignored and this simply is not ok.

#5742 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning and happy new year nor cal folks.
    I started to vote in the twipy’s this morning.
    They omitted the spinner is lit pinball podcast from the podcast category.
    The completely ignored the entire west coast for best location and omitted the Golden State pinball festival and pin a go go for best show.
    I wrote a very polite and respectful email to Zach at twip.
    I strongly suggest all you nor cal folks do the same.
    The west coast has been completely ignored and this simply is not ok.

Will do. Good catch. Thanks
    Happy New Year

#5743 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

I bought a backglass from jbovenzi in Castro Valley. Wondering if anyone could give it a ride to INDISC? Or if your coming this way for any other reason for that matter
    Gladly kick in a few bucks for your effort and gas.

Bump

#5744 4 years ago

PENDING SALE

Stern Indiana Jones with color dmd, shaker, flipper fidelity speakers, pinballbulbs LED kit, cool topper, cliffys and plastic protectors. In good shape and plays great. Asking $4500

#5745 4 years ago

Everyone bags on IJ4, but .. it's actually a fair bit of fun for casual players. It's always fun to watch people's reaction to ark multiball.

#5746 4 years ago

PENDING SALE

Phantom of the Opera - Incredible shape. Unobtainable NOS playfield installed! cabinet in great shape, backglass perfect w/unscratched mask, lots of new parts, LEDs, Sparky TV mod showing phantom movie, Cliffys, new glass, $3000 FIRM

Added over 4 years ago:

SOLD

#5747 4 years ago

Another one for sale! Hopefully last one.
    Phantom of the Opera - Incredible shape. Unobtainable NOS playfield installed! cabinet in great shape, backglass perfect w/unscratched mask, lots of new parts, LEDs, Sparky TV mod showing phantom movie, Cliffys, new glass, $3000 FIRM

That’s kind of a sacrifice. Such a great looking and sounding game. Always regret selling mine, and yours sounds awesome. I’ve sent this on to my Brother-in-law, who wants one. Just has to convince his wife of the wisdom of such a purchase.

GLWS!

#5748 4 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

That’s kind of a sacrifice. Such a great looking and sounding game

Agree. This game is a beauty and you won’t find one better local IMHO.

#5749 4 years ago

I agree, Bryce has always kept his pins in excellent shape, i was blown away by his phantom. Some one is going to be very happy with this pin.

#5750 4 years ago

I really appreciate all the kind words. You guys are making me reconsider this one. Could off something else instead. Game-play wise a pretty simple pin, but the art, sound package, and light show on it are unparalleled. Ugh! Not easy at all chopping 5-6 at once, choosing which ones to chop, second-guessing, etc.

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.