(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 168.
    #5351 5 years ago

Hey pinheads! This may seem strange but what the hell....
    Wanna make your wife or girlfriend SUPER happy? Maybe she would finally forgive you for buying that super expensive pin last year!
    I’m selling an amazing women’s diamond ring right now. My plan was to use that money to fund more of my ridiculous pinball hobby. It occurred to me that maybe one of you would like to trade one of your pins for it. I’m asking $9500 for it right now. The center diamond alone was appraised at $13000. This is no joke and the ring is seriously beautiful. All paperwork and certs are in order.
    If you’re interested then PM me and I can give you all of the details.
    Pins I would be possibly interested in- BM66 Prem/LE, Maiden Prem/LE, MBRLE, DP Prem/LE. But I’m open to other offers.

Nick “Junky”

#5352 5 years ago

If you find yourself looking for something to do this evening, come hang out at The Flipper Room for Pinball, Popcorn, and Moving Pictures. 7pm - 12am (we are still open our regular hours 12-7 for those that can't be out late, but the festivities begin after 7).

We will be streaming movie titles from our pins throughout the gallery, projecting old films in the early solid state design room, popping free fresh movie popcorn, and plenty of suds and other refreshments for purchase. 30+ pins on coin play. No cover.

Hope to see some friendly faces...

Cheers!
    Mike

IMG_20190315_1100023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1100023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1232551 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1232551 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1235517 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1235517 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1243146 (resized).jpgIMG_20190315_1243146 (resized).jpg
    #5353 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

My POTC LE in Los Gatos will be up for sale after TPF if anyone needs one. All preventative maintenance, fixes and tweaks applied.

Wow, it looked like from the JJPOTC thread you're a big fan of the game. Can I ask why you're selling?

#5354 5 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Wow, it looked like from the JJPOTC thread you're a big fan of the game. Can I ask why you're selling?

I have two. One in Los Gatos and one in Frisco TX. I’m leaving my job here in CA and moving back so I no longer need two.

#5355 5 years ago

I’m picking up 4 sheets of Stern HD glass today from the Pirate. If anyone is considering making an order with Marco for GSPF delivery, but want to check it out first .. I’ll be happy to have people either this evening or tomorrow.

I’ve got a ton of Invisiglass to compare with, as well as a sheet of regular Stern glass.

Stern glass is 240/sheet plus CA tax; I’m picking up so no shipping.

Invisiglass runs 300 a sheet, plus shipping is approximately 80 for two sheets (so 340 a sheet in quantities of 2). No volume discount from JJP.

#5356 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

If you find yourself looking for something to do this evening, come hang out at The Flipper Room for Pinball, Popcorn, and Moving Pictures. 7pm - 12am (we are still open our regular hours 12-7 for those that can't be out late, but the festivities begin after 7).
    We will be streaming movie titles from our pins throughout the gallery, projecting old films in the early solid state design room, popping free fresh movie popcorn, and plenty of suds and other refreshments for purchase. 30+ pins on coin play. No cover.
    Cheers!
    Mike
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to check it out. Can’t believe I’ve never been there...

#5357 5 years ago
    Quoted from vtec16:

I have to check it out. Can’t believe I’ve never been there...

The Flipper Room is an outstanding place to play pinball!

#5358 5 years ago

Can I bring a 15 year old to the 7-12 portion tonight?

#5359 5 years ago
    Quoted from vtec16:

Can I bring a 15 year old to the 7-12 portion tonight?

I'm sure you can. Seems like I always see kids at their events.

#5360 5 years ago

Right on, thanks!

#5361 5 years ago

Need to make some room, putting up my Waterworld for sale.

Machine - For Sale
    Waterworld Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Time for Waterworld to go to make some room for incoming games. Recently shopped out and LEDs installed. Some (typical for this make/era) playfield wear down by the flippers, see p...”
    2019-03-17
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 218 times

#5362 5 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Need to make some room, putting up my Waterworld for sale.

Machine - For Sale

Waterworld

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Time for Waterworld to go to make some room for incoming games. Recently shopped out and LEDs installed. Some (typical for this make/era) playfield wear down by the flippers, see p...”

2 hours ago

Folsom, CA

CCPL

Would you accept THREE KILOS OF PURE DIRT??

#5363 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Would you accept THREE KILOS OF PURE DIRT??

Not YOUR dirt.

#5364 5 years ago

PM sent!

Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Parts - For Sale

Gottlieb coin door

Used, good condition “A nice Gottlieb coin door. No idea of what machine it came from originally.
    $30 plus shipping
    Would trade for a wpc coin door.”

14 days ago

San Ramon, CA

30 (OBO)

ThatOneDude

This is kinda pricey to ship, IMO, so I figured I would also offer it locally.

#5365 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Cheers!
    Mike
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wish i could have made this! (kids were sick) hoping you guys do this again another night.

#5366 5 years ago

This Sunday (March 24) is "Fourth Sunday Flip Frenzy @ The Flipper Room" in Concord! Everybody is welcome to participate in this fun, fast paced flip frenzy format. Doors at 11am, tournament begins at 12:30pm. Check out the links for all the details. Hope to see you there!
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=32032#
    https://matchplay.events/live/wr0n0

FB_IMG_1552955820619 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1552955820619 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #5367 5 years ago

Selling my super nice (maybe HUO?) Stern Monopoly for $3000, and a players Williams Demolition Man for $2500. Games are in Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento, hit me up for details and pix if interested. Can possibly deliver within 100 miles for a small fee and gas money.

#5368 5 years ago

Anyone have a spare wedgehead backbox cover? It is for a sky jump. Pbresource is out until end of next month. Pm me if you have one available, thanks!

Added over 5 years ago:

*got one, thanks Jason!

#5369 5 years ago

Got some Williams Indiana Jones stuff for sale. Check out California for sale section.

Added over 5 years ago:

All sold. Thanks for looking.

#5370 5 years ago

Bally Sky Kings project. $300.

#5371 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Selling my super nice (maybe HUO?) Stern Monopoly for $3000, and a players Williams Demolition Man for $2500. Games are in Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento, hit me up for details and pix if interested. Can possibly deliver within 100 miles for a small fee and gas money.

I have played this monopoly. It is absolutely the nicest example I have ever seen and played.
    Also, the seller is a righteous dude.
    Buy with confidence.

#5372 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

DemoMan sold off forum. Monopoly still available.

#5373 5 years ago

Just posted in the CA for sale thread (apologies for spamming it here too): I'm in the market for a WH20 (any condition, from project, players to fully restored) PM me if you got one you're thinking of selling.

Cheers!

#5374 5 years ago
    Quoted from WizWiggy:

This Sunday (March 24) is "Fourth Sunday Flip Frenzy @ The Flipper Room" in Concord! Everybody is welcome to participate in this fun, fast paced flip frenzy format. Doors at 11am, tournament begins at 12:30pm. Check out the links for all the details. Hope to see you there!
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=32032#
    https://matchplay.events/live/wr0n0
    [quoted image]

Keep posting Flipper Room parties please. I'll make it to one soon. I have a little drive, coming from Grass Valley

#5375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Keep posting Flipper Room parties please. I'll make it to one soon. I have a little drive, coming from Grass Valley

They are lots of fun. drypaint throws a good party.

#5376 5 years ago

I’m leaving this weekend to return to Frisco, TX.

I want to give a big thanks to all the cool people I’ve met here in the NorCal pinball community!

I will miss @jfesler’s amazing lineup, and trips to The Flipper Room to play immaculately maintained works of art.

Look me up when you’re in Frisco for TPF, y’all!

#5377 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I want to give a big thanks to all the cool people I’ve met here in the NorCal pinball community!
    I will miss jfesler’s amazing lineup, and trips to The Flipper Room to play immaculately maintained works of art.
    Look me up when you’re in Frisco for TPF, y’all!

Good luck dude.

We can all crash at your place for TPF 2020 right?

#5378 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Good luck dude.
    We can all crash at your place for TPF 2020 right?

Sure!

#5379 5 years ago

Awwww yeah!

#5380 5 years ago

Wow,sorry i missed that!!!Please keep posting here,as Palo Cedro is also a drive,Thanks!!!!

#5381 5 years ago

@zaphX.... did you sell your Calif PoTC?

#5382 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

zaphX.... did you sell your Calif PoTC?

How much are they worth now? I might know someone willing to sell. Make a good offer and I'll pass it on.

KIMG0314 (resized).JPGKIMG0314 (resized).JPGKIMG0324 (resized).JPGKIMG0324 (resized).JPG
    #5383 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

zaphX.... did you sell your Calif PoTC?

Yes I did! I asked for 9k and got it. Intentional lowball.

#5384 5 years ago

Wow,somebody got a good deal there!!!!

#5385 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,somebody got a good deal there!!!!

I wasn’t looking to be greedy. I got $500 worth of enjoyment from it

#5386 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Safe Journey, Thanks for having me over to play the POTC and for the "GOLD" button.

#5387 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Safe Journey, Thanks for having me over to play the POTC and for the "GOLD" button.

Thanks for introducing me to hop water! I really liked it.

#5388 5 years ago

@zaphX... Congrats on selling your 2nd PoTC in Calif. "If" I hadn't just rec'vd mine a few weeks ago, I would be playing yours today

Sorry we never met up, but maybe at one of the Gigs here in Calif (Pin-a-go gp / CAX / SGPF / Phoenix Arcade or the Flipper Room), we will.

You've been a real asset here, to us PoTC owners.

Kerry

#5389 5 years ago

Tomorrow is the 1st Saturday of the month, which means Concord Selfie League "CSL" Finals! It's not too late to join, we will open at 10am for qualifying until 12:15pm (Finals begin @ 12:30pm). Submit a minimum of 3 machine scores to make Finals. Check out the link for all the details.
    https://matchplay.events/live/dry8d

20190405_111747 (resized).jpg20190405_111747 (resized).jpg
    #5390 5 years ago

Just curious, why is that Stern POTC you all are discussing worth so much?

#5391 5 years ago
    Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Just curious, why is that Stern POTC you all are discussing worth so much?

The one we were talking price on was the Jersey Jack version.

#5392 5 years ago

It's very pricey. Basically the cost of 2 Sterns.

#5393 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's very pricey. Basically the cost of 2 Sterns.

Two old Sterns. Or nearly the same price as a new LE Stern...

#5394 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Two old Sterns. Or nearly the same price as a new LE Stern...

Old like the Stern Black Knight I just ordered for $5k?

Obviously not referring to recent LEs, which are also way too expensive.

Not trying to start a debate here. Not what this thread is for.

#5395 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

like the Stern Black Knight I just ordered for $5k?.

How did you get a BK for $5k? I want one for that price too

#5396 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

If you are interested in a "show" price of a Stern at the Golden State Pinball Festival coming up next month in Lodi, we can put you in contact with Marco who can share prices with you on a variety of options. The reason you are getting a discount is because the machine stays at the Festival for the weekend on free play. You get a fantastic price and the attendees play test it and Marco fixes on the spot, so when you take it home, all the kinks are worked out.

PM Cheddar if you want details!

#5397 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

Do like Pinballholder says. I'll let Marco quote the actual prices, but Pros are damn near $5k. Can vary by title.

Plus, buying this way at the show helps support the show and attendees will be grateful.

#5398 5 years ago

Does anyone know if any Oktoberfest Pinball by American Pinball, have landed in the Bay Area, Calif. yet?

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Kerry

#5399 5 years ago

Ah! The Stern POTC pics confused me. Got it.

We’re bringing a BKSOR to FREE GOLD WATCH straight from a Marco event very soon, come play.

#5400 5 years ago

Save the date! We have secured all 3 versions of Black Knight for a special IFPA tournament at Phoenix Games in Concord on Sat 5/25! 15 other pins as well. More details to follow.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

bk1 (resized).jpgbk1 (resized).jpg

iad3d1Yw-1200x675 (resized).jpgiad3d1Yw-1200x675 (resized).jpg

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.