Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 167.
    #5151 5 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

ha That Star Trek cash is what bought my TNA!
    Incidentally...price drop on TNA to $6200!!

So by THAT logic I should buy TNA and be basically back where I started!?!

#5152 5 years ago

Better than average Last Action Hero in Elk Grove, $3000. Recently shopped and playing 100%.

#5153 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

So by THAT logic I should buy TNA and be basically back where I started!?!

Agreed.

#5154 5 years ago

Anyone driving from Tempe AZ to the Bay Area anytime soon? Asking for a friend who has a pin problem. #Iamthatfriend

#5155 5 years ago

Selling a gorgeous High Speed for $2000

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-very-nice-high-speed

Taxi dropped to $1900

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Selling both to get IM back.

#5156 5 years ago

Who's doing clear coating in NorCal? If I asked this before, sorry. Getting older every day.
    thx

#5157 5 years ago

I have a very nice HUO TWD LE (with lots of mods) for sale for a reasonable fee I could meet at the California border with it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/66187

I also have a NIB IMDN LE for $9400.00

Pm me for details

#5158 5 years ago

My Taxi is no longer for sale. Decided I must have been high to consider selling it. It's the best-playing Taxi anyone will find on route. I'm going to dump more money into it and make it even nicer.

#5159 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My Taxi is no longer for sale. Decided I must have been high to consider selling it. It's the best-playing Taxi anyone will find on route. I'm going to dump more money into it and make it even nicer.

I dunno. My routed Taxi plays pretty well. I have the spinout ramp so dialed in that it goes around 5 times and rocks the game a little.

The reason you shouldn’t sell Taxi is because the return you get from selling it isn’t more than the fun you have while playing it.

#5160 5 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I dunno. My routed Taxi plays pretty well. I have the spinout ramp so dialed in that it goes around 5 times and rocks the game a little.
    The reason you shouldn’t sell Taxi is because the return you get from selling it isn’t more than the fun you have while playing it.

Agreed. Excellent bang for buck. Where is yours located?

P.s. Very possible yours plays as well, or better, than mine. . A bit of hyperbole to my statement.

#5161 5 years ago

I think you were high when you sold me your High Speed, so this makes some sense to me....

I came close to buying both — maybe that was a mistake on my part. And agreed, your Taxi plays great!

#5162 5 years ago

Agreed. Excellent bang for buck. Where is yours located?
    P.s. Very possible yours plays as well, or better, than mine. . A bit of hyperbole to my statement.

LOL. I was only kidding. It's at Emporium in San Francisco. It has one bug holding it back from The Player's Taxi Blue Ribbon. If you double flip when the ball is in the outhole, it tilts. But... who does that anyway?

An absolute favorite of mine.

#5163 5 years ago

Taxi was for sale forever,wonder why no taker?

#5164 5 years ago

ENOSPACE. I need a bigger house..

#5165 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

ENOSPACE. I need a bigger house..

Are you at capacity at the new house?

#5166 5 years ago

Pinstadium light kit installed on wizard of oz at Alamo drafthouse in San Francisco. If you've been on the fence about this upgrade and want to see it in person, now you can. I'm amazed at how much of a difference it made, and it actually made the game more enjoyable. You can control brightness levels and color temperature from an app to fine tune it to your liking. Installs in about 15 minutes with no wire cutting or soldering.

Its hard to capture how much of a difference it makes with a phone camera, but here are before & after pics of the same machine.

20181030_192648.jpg20181030_192648.jpg20181030_192740.jpg20181030_192740.jpg
    #5167 5 years ago

I'm adding it back in to Selfie League to force people to play it more too (and I'm personally stoked to try it out since dark GI was one of the things that made it not as fun before!). For those who check it out if you'd like to participate here's the league page in MatchPlay - feel free to join in! https://matchplay.events/live/j9kx8

#5168 5 years ago

Are you at capacity at the new house?

Yep!
    384C5EA5-31A2-4A08-9880-95D3BD75C2EA (resized).jpeg384C5EA5-31A2-4A08-9880-95D3BD75C2EA (resized).jpeg0991F429-2773-461B-B9FD-B707B729C82E (resized).jpeg0991F429-2773-461B-B9FD-B707B729C82E (resized).jpeg

Out of capacity in the arcade room, yes. Once ACNC arrives we hit the 20 limit. Any more and we’ll have to crawl under a machine to get into the arcade!

3270AB1A-3925-4733-BC93-E6E49D37D2F2 (resized).jpeg3270AB1A-3925-4733-BC93-E6E49D37D2F2 (resized).jpeg

Of course, there is room in this corner. But that is slated for the beer fridge. I’d rather it be close than out in the garage, particularly when we have people over.

63E75F8C-88A6-4315-9250-6691D627ADC8 (resized).jpeg63E75F8C-88A6-4315-9250-6691D627ADC8 (resized).jpeg

Pong still needs to make its way up to the loft from downstairs. SOB is heavy, waiting until I get my stair lift from the shop. But that’s slated to become the loft coffee table. Wife’s cocktail Pac-Man ended up in her office.

Only space left is the garage or the porch!

#5169 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

But that is slated for the beer fridge. I’d rather it be close than out in the garage, particularly when we have people over.

Key post!!!!
    (Love the carpet)

#5170 5 years ago

Ooooooooh! That's nice.

#5171 5 years ago

Love the carpet as well..
    And the game room
    Just makes me jeAlous

#5172 5 years ago

Nice collection. Also digging that carpet.

#5173 5 years ago

Thanks folks. I'm still settling in to the new place. We should be up to having guests starting Thanksgiving week.

#5174 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Thanks folks. I'm still settling in to the new place. We should be up to having guests starting Thanksgiving week.

welcome to tracy,moved here almost 5 years ago from the peninsula,you will love it.

#5175 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

This pinhead is only a 30 minute drive from Tracy and can bring beer.....

#5176 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

This pinhead is only a 30 minute drive from Tracy and can bring beer.....

and I can ride along with him, lol.

#5177 5 years ago

Noob. I have been in Tracy 40.5 yrs.

Andrew

Quoted from pinostalgia:

welcome to tracy,moved here almost 5 years ago from the peninsula,you will love it.

#5178 5 years ago

I can do a casual “soft open” Saturday. I’ve got a couple deliveries, and a neon install .. PM for location info if interested.

#5179 5 years ago

For those of you near Tracy CA (or "Near Enough"):

IMG_0061.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

The house isn't 100% done - we'll still have a few deliveries that day. Kids are welcome if they are past the "drink the bleach" stage; the house is not_ kid proofed.

I'll be honest, I'm gonna be a crappy host. The magical beer fridge is EMPTY. Which means, BYOB. You might even bring a snack. We're totally not really ready, but damnit, I've had this place a month now.. it's time!

Coincidentally, this is also the "Second Saturday" of the month. We're leaning towards doing this regularly, on second Saturdays, unless there's a known conflict elsewhere. Feedback welcome!

(cc pinostalgia imagamejunky imagamejunky @arcadenerd925)

#5180 5 years ago

Did someone here score the Flash Gordon and Seawitch north of Sacramento?

#5181 5 years ago

I have posted my Simpsons Pinball Party to the market.

Machine - For Sale
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Fully functional machine in pretty good shape. Good: -Added art blades -Extra World of Springfield toys -Moe's 3d diarama -Neat Simpsons car topper (pictured) -Garage door coil up...”
    2018-12-24
    Oakland, CA
    4,500 (OBO)
    Archived after: 24 days
    Viewed: 802 times

#5182 5 years ago

Love the arcade room!! I work in Tracy and live in Brentwood, jfesler let me know if the second Saturday thing ever pans out I would be in for that. Again nice collection.

#5183 5 years ago

Pencil it in Dec 8

#5184 5 years ago

Anyone here be interested in my Earthshaker? I love the game but I'm on the edge of selling to get a new machine. It's a players quality but not terrible. I has some LED's and plays good. Like I said I'm still on the fence on selling it but if someone here really wants it I will part. Let me know

#5185 5 years ago

Any recommendations for powder coating services in the East Bay? My distributor recommended Maas Brothers in Livermore and I'm going to go check them out today, but their policies seem a bit of a hassle. They won't let me take color samples home, they won't give me a quote until I bring in all the parts to be painted (so I'd have to disassemble the machine just to get a quote) and they said it would take about two weeks which seems like a lot. Is this standard or are there better options?

#5186 5 years ago

mikeking I recently got my JD legs, leg levelers, and leg bolts powder coated at West Coast Specialty Coatings Inc. in Concord with PERFECT results! I honestly miss that game, it was a beautiful "sample" machine. It went to a great home though!

#5187 5 years ago
    Quoted from WizWiggy:

mikeking I recently got my JD legs, leg levelers, and leg bolts powder coated at West Coast Specialty Coatings Inc. in Concord with PERFECT results! I honestly miss that game, it was a beautiful "sample" machine. It went to a great home though!

Good tip! Thank you! Do you recall how much it cost?

#5188 5 years ago

My poor Gilligan which had a promising first month at Phoenix Games has been sucking wind since. I love it, but it truly has no legs on location. So, my recently acquired Iron Man Pinball Refinery Edition has taken its place. It's arguably too nice to route, but it will definitely get played a lot more than Gilligan. Enjoy!

20181112_192259 (resized).jpg20181112_192259 (resized).jpg

#5189 5 years ago

IdahoRealtor I'm pretty sure that the total for everything was around $75. Again, I'm picky, and the results were PERFECT!

Congrats again on your new "non-pin" member of the family! Very happy for you

#5190 5 years ago

Update re: Maas Bros. I ended up removing and taking in one of each part (rail, hinge, leg, lockdown bar) today and they quoted me around $200 for the whole job plus 50 to strip the textured paint. Seems reasonable I guess but I don't really have a good point of reference. The legs were $25 each so a little more than the $75 WizWiggy mentioned above. This was for a dual coat with metallic, so maybe that's more. Pinball Pirate did say they do really good work FWIW.

#5191 5 years ago

mikeking I got all 4 legs, levelers, and bolts PC'd in gold for around $75. FYI, my legs were brand new, bare metal.

#5192 5 years ago

Mikeking... My friend Soulrider911 has used Mass Bros in Livermore.

I think he has a new source for similar products / results and a better price, here in the east bay area. Reach out to him and see.

Thanks
    Kerry

#5193 5 years ago

Looking to shake things up. Looking to move either my Iron Maiden pro or my attack from mars remake LE. Perfect condition. $5300 and $7500

#5194 5 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Looking to shake things up. Looking to move either my Iron Maiden pro or my attack from mars remake LE. Perfect condition. $5300 and $7500

What did you order this time?

#5195 5 years ago

There is a Strikes tournament today at The Flipper Room. The first of many that Pete will be running on the Third Sunday of the month. For details check out https://theflipperroom.com/events-and-leagues

FYI... We are only open to tournament folks.

#5196 5 years ago

If anyone is interested for a reasonable fee I could deliver this to the California/Oregon border.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65755

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #5197 5 years ago

What did you order this time?

Monster bash ....and whatever’s next

#5198 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

There is a Strikes tournament today at The Flipper Room. The first of many that Pete will be running on the Third Sunday of the month. For details check out https://theflipperroom.com/events-and-leagues
    FYI... We are only open to tournament folks.

Big thanks to all the participants for the great turnout and making the first session of Third Sunday Strikes a success! FYI, will be skipping December since it conflicts with the City Championship. Hope to see you on Jan. 20th!

#5199 5 years ago
    Quoted from WizWiggy:

Big thanks to all the participants for the great turnout and making the first session of Third Sunday Strikes a success! FYI, will be skipping December since it conflicts with the City Championship. Hope to see you on Jan. 20th!

Great job, Pete!

I had an amazing day. Well done, sir

#5200 5 years ago

Sorry not a pin, but will donate to Pinside if sold here. Selling one of my slot machines to free up space. IGT Tabasco. Reel Touch model. Multi-denominational.This slot is restored and gorgeous. 3-piece NOS glass kit, new reel strips, and more. Assembled and gone through by an excellent slot tech. I haven't experienced a single issue with it. It's honestly my cleanest and most reliable slot. Price is $1500.

For anyone considering a slot machine I have found them to be very popular with family and guests, even more so than the pins. And modern slots such as this one have interactive touch-screen video modes, bonuses, great sound package & lighting effects. Not like the old 3-reel slots. Very fun.

Easy to hand truck. Transports on it's backside. Can be placed on any STURDY stand, cabinet, or short table.

Some game play video I found on Youtube:

20181118_220046 (resized).jpg20181118_220046 (resized).jpg20181118_220053 (resized).jpg20181118_220053 (resized).jpg20181118_220059 (resized).jpg20181118_220059 (resized).jpg20181118_220121 (resized).jpg20181118_220121 (resized).jpg20181118_220150 (resized).jpg20181118_220150 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/104?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.