Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 167.
    #5051 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

If you don't know this guy, stellar five star dude. Buy with confidence.

Agree 100%! @IamNaN is a good dude with quality machines.

#5053 5 years ago
    Quoted from WizWiggy:Agree 100%! IamNaN is a good dude with quality machines.

He’s okay if you like cool dudes with awesome collections who spend all their free time organizing amusing things for you to do with basically no reward for themselves besides getting to do those things too.

#5054 5 years ago

You guys are all too kind!!

#5055 5 years ago

Looking for Star Trek Pro, Iron Maiden pro or maybe an Aerosmith pro

#5056 5 years ago

Down to $2800!

Quoted from CCPL:

Selling my World Poker Tour, located in Folsom, CA.

Machine - For Sale
    World Poker TourFully shopped/refurbished “Selling my shopped out World Poker Tour, recently tore down and cleaned, new upper playfield installed, titan rubbers, and full LEDs. Has alternative translite installed.

Asking ...”
    Mark sale pendingEdit ad detailsEnd ad listing

#5057 5 years ago

Posted this in the CAX 2018 thread. The pictures are there.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

For those going to CAX, I have an empty 1968 Bally Dixieland cabinet. Giving it away for free as PPM got the good bits.
    I can bring it on Sunday, so PM me if you like. First come, first served.

Added over 6 years ago:

Cabinet gone to good home!

#5058 5 years ago

a “Chexx” hockey game for $890!!! On Let-go in Anaheim. I’m at Disneyland with no way to haul it or else it would be mine

1 week later
    #5059 5 years ago

Wanted to let you guys know we just got pin#15 at Phoenix Games. Bit of a milestone for us. Most we've ever had. Maybe too many. Now we need more players.

Current lineup:

Iron Maiden Pro
    Houdini
    AC/DC Luci
    Star Wars
    Game of Thrones Premium
    Kiss Premium
    Ghostbusters Premium
    High Speed & Taxi, both play like buttah
    Metallica Premium
    Aerosmith Pro
    Hobbit
    Medieval Madness Remake
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Scared Stiff

Open daily til 9pm. League every Thurs at 730pm.

20180730_170410 (resized).jpg20180730_170410 (resized).jpg

#5060 5 years ago

Anyone around here looking for a zizzle machine? I've got a pirates of the Caribbean that I'm looking to get rid of. $20?

#5061 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone around here looking for a zizzle machine? I've got a pirates of the Caribbean that I'm looking to get rid of. $20?

Any mods?

#5062 5 years ago

We snagged a Zizzle POTC from pinpoor for @dsuperbees kids. It’s not bad for little kids, especially for $20!

1 week later
    #5063 5 years ago

So, how long till IdahoRealtor or drypaint order Deadpool for the east bay?

#5064 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

So, how long till norcalrealtor or drypaint order Deadpool for the east bay?

Pretty sure the location owner is getting one. It's his turn anyway since I popped for Maiden. And I'll probably end up popping for Munsters.

IMG_0102 (resized).JPGIMG_0102 (resized).JPG

#5065 5 years ago

This was bought originally for a high school engineering class to hack on(along with a home edition fireball). Alas, once the kids who started on it graduated, there was no one left who wanted to take over, and after a year, the teacher gave it back to me. The only mod was to put in decent buttons, which made it playable.
    onemoresean took it off my hands today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hang out in his gameroom sometime

#5066 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

onemoresean took it off my hands today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hang out in his gameroom sometime

You are welcome anytime.

IMG_7733.PNGIMG_7733.PNGIMG_7741.PNGIMG_7741.PNG
    #5067 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

So, how long till norcalrealtor or drypaint order Deadpool for the east bay?

I'm leaving that one to Phoenix Games, as IdahoRealtor said the owner seams to be onto that one. It's crazy to have similar games only five miles apart. At least that's what I think... it doesn't seem to work all the time so we have/had some overlapping, but at least they have been very popular titles.

We have Alice Cooper coming before the end of the year and maybe some other good surprises shortly after. the Flipper Room will be adding another room in the next few weeks which will house an additional 6-7 pins in total. There will be about 30 pins available when we are done. Just in time for the GSPF volunteer party if all works out.

There are so many titles coming out each year. I am curious how long the market can keep up. We will do our best (between Phoenix and TFR) to keep all the new stuff locally available.

#5068 5 years ago

I'll take off $25 if you can pick it up

Parts - For Sale
    New (selling multiple) - “Selling a new, never used or installed, Kohout System 9 through 11C mpu. I bought this mpu for my earthshaker and never used it. Includes the printed manual. Can do any system 9...”
    2018-08-18
    Lodi, CA
    450 (OBO)
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 35 times

#5069 5 years ago

Drypaint, I love that Flipper Room and Phoenix communicate about game purchases to bring so many unique titles to NorCal. Can’t wait to make the drive from Chico for Deadpool and Alice Cooper. Love both your locations.

When is the GSPF party you mentioned?

#5070 5 years ago
    Quoted from BenLogan:

Drypaint, I love that Flipper Room and Phoenix communicate about game purchases to bring so many unique titles to NorCal. Can’t wait to make the drive from Chico for Deadpool and Alice Cooper. Love both your locations.
    When is the GSPF party you mentioned?

Thanks Ben! The GSPF party is for volunteers and is by invite only. It is in September.

We are having an open house party for our Anniversary on October 5th though. Dirty Donny will be there with his new Flipper Room Blacklight poster that he is creating as we speak. He will have books, art prints, and other merch. A brewer will be pouring. It's sure to be a good night... Flipper Room style. Hope to see you and your brother there.

#5071 5 years ago

Count us in. Calendar marked!

#5072 5 years ago

twd pro and iron maiden pro now at Halftime bar and grille in Rocklin. located in Strikes bowling center. Hopefully it will turn into a multiple pin location.

#5073 5 years ago

Official announcement. I hope y'all can make it. Good Times ahead.

FB_IMG_1534907302338 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1534907302338 (resized).jpg
    #5074 5 years ago

That looks awesome, not far from my neck of the woods in Colony Park...

#5075 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

That looks awesome, not far from my neck of the woods in Colony Park...

I think it's mandatory for you @gryphun, any closer and it would be at your place... lol.

#5076 5 years ago

The Flipper Room is a wonderful place to drop a few quarters. I always stop by after meetings at the The California Teachers’ Association (bargaining for our pay!). The machines are in top working order and there is something new every time I drop by.

They also have a change machine, snacks and sodas (on an honor system- please pay for your snacks!), and some pinball books for sale. The times I have been there have been fairly quiet (weekdays before 5), but everyone is always friendly and the art on the walls is amazing!

Phoenix games, nearby, is also a fun time. There are tons of classic video games for sale from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. In the back of the shop is an arcade with a nice variety of pins and some arcade games.

I wish I lived closer because both of these businesses are right up my alley (live in the ghetto- Stockton). I know that both of the gentleman who own these businesses have put a lot of work into making them successful.

Please support pinball in the wild!!

#5077 5 years ago

I'd second the rave reviews of both Phoenix Games and the Flipper Room. If I lived closer, I'd be a daily fixture.

#5078 5 years ago

FS: NBAFB Playfield protector $75 ( New )

15353061823191260157622 (resized).jpg15353061823191260157622 (resized).jpg
    #5079 5 years ago

If you guys didn’t know, there’s a new Deadpool Pro out on location locally for us to play. It’s at a coffee shop (of all places) called Characterz Cafe in Pleasanton. I hadn’t even heard of this place until the other day. I’m headed there to play it today. I’m excited to try this one. Just thought I’d share.

Oh and I completely agree with the above comments. I LOVE Phoenix and Flipper Room. Wish they were closer though.

Update: Coffee shop is cool. Owner was nice. Only 2 pins including Deadpool. Played multiple games on it. Great, fun pin IMO. Definitely some unique shots. Cool audio too. Apparently DP is only going to be there a couple weeks though.

Junky

#5080 5 years ago

For anyone interested... we have a travel league starting in October. It will be on Tuesday nights and alternate between The Flipper Room and Vallejo Vinyl and Pinball. The first night will be in Vallejo on October 2nd. The season will run for 8 weeks and the tournament will be on the 9th week. 7:30 start time.

signal-2018-08-27-194719 (resized).jpgsignal-2018-08-27-194719 (resized).jpg
    #5081 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

For anyone interested... we have a travel league starting in October. It will be on Tuesday nights and alternate between The Flipper Room and Vallejo Vinyl and Pinball. The first night will be in Vallejo on October 2nd. The season will run for 8 weeks and the tournament will be on the 9th week. 7:30 start time.
    [quoted image]

A few more pins will be added to VVP lineup before the start of new league.

#5082 5 years ago

Selling my Marilyn Taxi. $2000

It's currently at Phoenix Games. Need to make room for a new pin that's coming in.
    Cab is good. Backglass is good. Ramps are good. Plays very good. PF is the only weak spot. Has some touch-ups, worn insert decals, etc. Player's playfield.
    Has LEDs, spotlight kit, etc to brighten it up. Recently serviced by Tilt Electronics. New drop target board. Flippers rebuilt. Good rubbers. It's ready to enjoy.

PM if interested. Happy to take pics for interested parties, or feel free to visit and play the pin on site. Location hours are 10-9 everyday. Might be closed on Labor Day.

#5083 5 years ago

can vouch for IdahoRealtor - great seller and guy!

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Selling my Marilyn Taxi. $2000
    It's currently at Phoenix Games. Need to make room for a new pin that's coming in.
    Cab is good. Backglass is good. Ramps are good. Plays very good. PF is the only weak spot. Has some touch-ups, worn insert decals, etc. Player's playfield.
    Has LEDs, spotlight kit, etc to brighten it up. Recently serviced by Tilt Electronics. New drop target board. Flippers rebuilt. Good rubbers. It's ready to enjoy.
    PM if interested. Happy to take pics for interested parties, or feel free to visit and play the pin on site. Location hours are 10-9 everyday. Might be closed on Labor Day.

#5084 5 years ago

Hello. Haven't posted in a while. I'm ready for a new pin. I'm looking for an Elvira and the Party Monsters. I have a Party Zone and a TSPP I might be willing to involve in a trade.

#5085 5 years ago

Some pics of the aforementioned Taxi
    20180831_112244 (resized).jpg20180831_112244 (resized).jpg20180831_112254 (resized).jpg20180831_112254 (resized).jpg20180831_112309 (resized).jpg20180831_112309 (resized).jpg20180831_112339 (resized).jpg20180831_112339 (resized).jpg20180831_112402 (resized).jpg20180831_112402 (resized).jpg20180831_112416 (resized).jpg20180831_112416 (resized).jpg

#5086 5 years ago

Is anyone going to Oct Pinagogo, or bringing games? Seems like no one is talking about it. No buzz. No games list. No call for games. What's the deal? I know they're trying something new. Just trying to figure out if it's going to be a real show worth attending.

#5087 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is anyone going to Oct Pinagogo, or bringing games? Seems like no one is talking about it. No buzz. No games list. No call for games. What's the deal? I know they're trying something new. Just trying to figure out if it's going to be a real show worth attending.

Might go up on sat only. Found it interesting that Rick at PPS has been silent to all, forum, every vender for six months, but poking around his website found he's attending this show. Wondering if a MBr might be there?

#5088 5 years ago

I'd volunteer if they put the word out they needed it. <shrug> But I've heard nothing.
    Just as good, honestly - that's just a couple days before moving day for me.

#5089 5 years ago

Gonna go, see what there is to see, and if it’s 1/10 the show that GSPP is, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

#5090 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I'd volunteer if they put the word out they needed it. &lt;shrug&gt; But I've heard nothing.
    Just as good, honestly - that's just a couple days before moving day for me.

Got an email yesterday for "Call for games"
    Looks like I'm working after all.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Gonna go, see what there is to see, and if it’s 1/10 the show that GSPP is, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Please let us know. Any pinball show is good for pinball. I certantantly don't want it to fail. If its not any good it won't last many years.

#5091 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Any pinball show is good for pinball. I certantantly don't want it to fail.

It's great that CA has 4 pinball shows. We should all do what we can to keep them.

#5092 5 years ago

That Taxi plays great! I play it every time i get the chance at Phoenix.

#5093 5 years ago

I'm on the hunt for a The Walking Dead LE (ideally with topper). My wife has fallen in love with the show so I'd love to find one. Thanks!

#5094 5 years ago

5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party in Vacaville

Hard to believe we have been doing this 5 years. We will be hosting our 5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints event at the house on October 6th.

All Pinheads are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We plan on having Mexican food this year from our local meat market (street taco style). We will have appetizers/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.

The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Loren & Yvette

#5095 5 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins &amp; Pints Party in Vacaville
    Hard to believe we have been doing this 5 years. We will be hosting our 5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins &amp; Pints event at the house on October 6th.
    All Pinheads are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We plan on having Mexican food this year from our local meat market (street taco style). We will have appetizers/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??
    If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
    Loren &amp; Yvette

I am actually in the country this year and have that day free. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

#5096 5 years ago

I had the opportunity to get down to Concord on Thursday and see both The Flipper Room and Phoenix Games. Both were just fantastic venues for playing pinball. I really appreciated the pristine playing condition and great selection of machines you all have put together. Coming from the Sacramento area where there aren’t a lot of options, it was an awesome experience. As a relatively new enthusiast, it’s great to have these tremendous venues available in the region. I was even able to stop by Pinball Pirate on the way home and chat them up a bit. I ordered my first pin from them: a Deadpool LE. Very excited for that to come in (hopefully soon).

I’m hoping to join a local league, and recently signed up for (or more precisely, added my name to the wait list) the CCPL Folsom. My good friend has also gotten the bug and I’m dragging him back down to Concord next week. In any event, it’s good to see such a vibrant and friendly community here in Northern California. I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. I just rearranged my schedule and will be heading to Chicago in October for the Expo. Anyone else going from the area?

Mike

#5097 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheJerol:

I had the opportunity to get down to Concord on Thursday and see both The Flipper Room and Phoenix Games. Both were just fantastic venues for playing pinball. I really appreciated the pristine playing condition and great selection of machines you all have put together. Coming from the Sacramento area where there aren’t a lot of options, it was an awesome experience. As a relatively new enthusiast, it’s great to have these tremendous venues available in the region. I was even able to stop by Pinball Pirate on the way home and chat them up a bit. I ordered my first pin from them: a Deadpool LE. Very excited for that to come in (hopefully soon).
    I’m hoping to join a local league, and recently signed up for (or more precisely, added my name to the wait list) the CCPL Folsom. My good friend has also gotten the bug and I’m dragging him back down to Concord next week. In any event, it’s good to see such a vibrant and friendly community here in Northern California. I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. I just rearranged my schedule and will be heading to Chicago in October for the Expo. Anyone else going from the area?
    Mike

I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you Mike.

#5098 5 years ago

A couple great locations in Sac are Fanny Anns and Coin op. I know both operators personally and they provide great pins in great conditions. Also Woodstocks pizza in Davis is also ran by another great operator and friend, he also has a kick ass line up and are in great condition.
    Harley D.

#5099 5 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

A couple great locations in Sac are Fanny Anns and Coin op. I know both operators personally and they provide great pins in great conditions. Also Woodstocks pizza in Davis is also ran by another great operator and friend, he also has a kick ass line up and are in great condition.
    Harley D.

Yup. Great places to play and great ops that really take care of the games.

#5100 5 years ago

Thanks to the GSPF team for their second best event of the year, and to Mike at The Flipper Room for making his stellar place available. Fantastic afternoon.

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.