Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 167.
    #451 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I did it to help someone buy a different pin. That and I'm OCD with my lineup.

Your not the only one..My FT im selling/trading has been in my collection the longest.Im proud of myself for hanging on to it so long

#452 10 years ago

I'm selling a Flight 2000 for a friend asking $1100
    PM me if interested 2013-09-22_18.21.12.jpg2013-09-22_18.21.12.jpg 2013-09-22_18.21.26.jpg2013-09-22_18.21.26.jpg 2013-09-22_18.21.38.jpg2013-09-22_18.21.38.jpg

#453 10 years ago

We got 29 players, a couple from as far as Sacramento and Monterey (on a Tuesday! Nuts!).

Good seeing everyone and hope you had a great time. Next up is the STAR TREK launch on 10/16 and then another tourney on 10/29.

Congrats to new Bay Area transplant Joey Springer for taking the win. Joey is IFPA ranked 62nd and will have some good competition looking forward against other top local guys like Andrei Massenkoff, Tim Hansen and Neil Shatz.

http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/09/25/hi-life-924-results/

#454 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I'm selling a Flight 2000 for a friend asking $1100
    PM me if interested

Good luck Willie!

#455 10 years ago

Spending tonight working on my bowler instead of doctor who. I've done 7 score reels so far, and have been happy, with the exception of the cleaning of the actual reels. United used cardboard and paper reels, so using any sort of liquid to remove the dirt is iffy. I remember reading somewhere about trying bread, and have it a shot. VERY happy! Gets the majority of the dirt, no liquids needed! First is a before, 2nd is after. Third pic is behind the backglass.

#456 10 years ago

Spending tonight working on my bowler instead of doctor who. I've done 7 score reels so far, and have been happy, with the exception of the cleaning of the actual reels. United used cardboard and paper reels, so using any sort of liquid to remove the dirt is iffy. I remember reading somewhere about trying bread, and have it a shot. VERY happy! Gets the majority of the dirt, no liquids needed! First is a before, 2nd is after. Third pic is behind the backglass.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#457 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Spending tonight working on my bowler instead of Doctor Who. I've done 7 score reels so far, and have been happy, with the exception of the cleaning of the actual reels. United used cardboard and paper reels, so using any sort of liquid to remove the dirt is iffy. I remember reading somewhere about trying bread, and have it a shot. VERY happy! Gets the majority of the dirt, no liquids needed! First is a before, 2nd is after. Third pic is behind the backglass.

Looks great - So you just kinda scrub the reel with white bread?

#458 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Looks great - So you just kinda scrub the reel with white bread?

Yup! Works really really well! I remember reading about it somewhere (most likely rgp), and never thought about it until tonight. I can find clearance bread for .99 a loaf, so super cheap to clean em!

#459 10 years ago

Cool - Next time I am attacking the reals, I'll try it too.
    My daughter and I played Midway Strikes and Spares, a digital puck bowler at CAX.

We both fell in love with it. I hope to find one someday.

29000302.jpg29000302.jpg

#460 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Cool - My daughter and I played Midway Strikes and Spares, a digital puck bowler at CAX.
    We both fell in love with it. I hope to find one someday.

I'm hoping to have my bowler working by Christmas...bought it as a non working project a couple of years ago.

#461 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

We got 29 players, a couple from as far as Sacramento and Monterey (on a Tuesday! Nuts!).

I was the nut from Monterey. Had a great time meeting everyone and getting my a** handed to me by a great, positive group of people! Thanks for setting it up - I'm looking forward to the next event!

-Fred

#462 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Good seeing everyone and hope you had a great time. Next up is the Star Trek launch on 10/16 and then another tourney on 10/29.
    Congrats to new Bay Area transplant Joey Springer for taking the win. Joey is IFPA ranked 62nd and will have some good competition looking forward against other top local guys like Andrei Massenkoff, Tim Hansen and Neil Shatz.
    http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/09/25/hi-life-924-results/

Thanks again for hosting the tournament Jonny! I had a great time and know that any tournament you are running is going to be fun and well organized. Thanks for putting up with the shenanigans and keeping me an honest player. I made the mistake of flipping two times on an extra ball.

#463 10 years ago

Congrats on the tournament Johnny!

Not to harp on about it, but, ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT! East Bay City Rumble! East Bay City Rumble! EAST BAY CITY RUMMMMMMMMMMMBLE!

www.eastbaypinball.org/rumble

30 bucks a team. I stop taking email/PM registrations tomorrow night at 9PM. On site registration opens around 9:30AM Saturday morning and closes at 11:30AM. Tournament starts at noon. I will likely spam about it again...

You can also sign up by hitting East Bay Pinball League tonight and asking for Stephen. League starts at 7:30PM at Phoenix Games in Concord.

#464 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Congrats on the tournament Johnny!
    Not to harp on about it, but, ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT! East Bay City Rumble! East Bay City Rumble! EAST BAY CITY RUMMMMMMMMMMMBLE!
    http://www.eastbaypinball.org/rumble
    30 bucks a team. I stop taking email/PM registrations tomorrow night at 9PM. On site registration opens around 9:30AM Saturday morning and closes at 11:30AM. Tournament starts at noon. I will likely spam about it again...
    You can also sign up by hitting East Bay Pinball League tonight and asking for Stephen. League starts at 7:30PM at Phoenix Games in Concord.

I am registered

What games are going to be used in the rumble?

#465 10 years ago

The FAQ says :

What tables will be in the competition?
    For a current list of tables that are at Phoenix Games, check out the official East Bay Pinball website. Because 90% of the tables at Phoenix Games are privately owned by EBP members, there is a healthy rotation of new games coming in every 3-4 weeks. Therefore, East Bay City Rumble can’t provide a solid list of tournament games until the day of the event.

Just curious what the current lineup that is there now and which ones you know are coming to the other room?

#466 10 years ago

Phoenix Games Location
    Twilight Zone
    Diner
    Tales from the Crypt
    Championship Pub
    Terminator 2
    AC/DC
    Cactus Canyon
    Surf N' Safari
    WWF Royal Rumble
    Frankenstein
    Scared Stiff

Additional Games (growing and evolving daily):
    Wizard of Oz LE
    Transformers LE
    Transporter
    Theater of Magic
    The Lord of the Rings
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Jurassic Park

#467 10 years ago

What Skill_Shot said. The list will likely evolve/change up until the morning of. For instance, I have a TAF (different TAF from what has been in Phoenix Games for the last year) and an X-Men Pro supposedly sitting in the wings that I can't confirm yet. Someone is talking about bringing 2-4 other machines for the event (not sure which). Then in Phoenix Games itself we're discussing doing a rotation of the titles in there, pulling some out to put in something new. I'm not sure if that is happening before or after the event. I can only confirm that Royal Rumble is staying, since it's my machine.

Just be prepared for anything and everything...and have your pinball tutorials and rule sheets ready on your phone just-in-case...

http://pinball.org/rules/

#468 10 years ago

Is there really going to be a Transporter the Rescue? If so that is awesome. I am hoping that isn't a typo or something.

#469 10 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know theres a Metallica pro at buffalo billards in Petaluma. It plays great. The Op has this pin tuned perfectly.

#470 10 years ago

Transporter is definitely in the list. When it was brought up as a game someone could bring, it was a definite "yes, BRING IT".

#471 10 years ago

Thank you Shovelhead. I will check that out soon! Should be ready for another get together at my place soon!

#472 10 years ago

Is anyone interested in The Shadow for $2200 in Fairfield. The cabinet doesnt look like a 9 to me but if it plays well its a good deal. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guys #. sfbay.craigslist.org link

#473 10 years ago

(bay area)
    Do we know where the first Star Trek will land? I think Metallica landed in Oakland...
    -mof

#474 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Is anyone interested in The Shadow for $2200 in Fairfield. The cabinet doesnt look like a 9 to me but if it plays well its a good deal. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guys #. sfbay.craigslist.org link

I'm in the market for a TS. Is $2,200 a good price in this condition? Cabinet and coin door are a little rough and it's missing a few of the mongol characters (I think).

There was a shopped out one with LEDs from Sean Casey posted about a month ago for $2,400, but I missed out.

#475 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

I'm in the market for a TS. Is $2,200 a good price in this condition? Cabinet and coin door are a little rough and it's missing a few of the mongol characters (I think).
    There was a shopped out one with LEDs from Sean Casey posted about a month ago for $2,400, but I missed out.

I would say more around 1800-2k. Cab is nowhere near a 9 (it has lockdown bar holes, which means a 7, 8 tops if the rest of the cab is perfect), and wear at the magnet is average at best.

#476 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Quoted from aingide:

I think this person is being pretty generous in their rating system, notice the foam missing behind targets, missing a mongol, cabinet is pretty beat. If they said that this is a 9 out of 10, who knows what kind of mechanical issues there are that they had no idea about. I'd expect to put quite a bit of time and some cash to get this to a great playing pin.

There's a reason why this very popular pin hasn't sold in an area full of pinheads.

#477 10 years ago

Thanks dsuperbee and pinballrus.

Yeah, the inside of the cabinet also has a ton of wear from the PF being lifted in and out...to me, a 9 cabinet is a HUO game with a few scratches. This seems like a 5, so wondering what the poster's definition of 10 for mechanical functionality actually means.

I guess I'll hold out for one in better shape for that price.

#478 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Thanks dsuperbee and pinballrus.
    Yeah, the inside of the cabinet also has a ton of wear from the PF being lifted in and out...to me, a 9 cabinet is a HUO game with a few scratches. This seems like a 5, so wondering what the poster's definition of 10 for mechanical functionality actually means.
    I guess I'll hold out for one in better shape for that price.

Go check it out, make an offer. Worst that can happen is he says no.

Inside of the cab from pf lifting is an easy fix with a can of spray paint, some newspaper, and tape. Not a big deal. Outside.....yeah that is a different story!

I don't think all new rubbers were put on, the post rubbers at the upper ramp were not replaced, you can see the ball marks. Not a huge deal, but......it is something I would check out.

#479 10 years ago

Also
    Wheel of Fortune
    Roller Games
    Data east Star Wars Tril
    I'd throw my Tron LE in the lineup too but my wife would kill me.

Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Phoenix Games Location
    Twilight Zone
    Diner
    Tales from the Crypt
    Championship Pub
    Terminator 2
    AC/DC
    Cactus Canyon
    Surf N' Safari
    WWF Royal Rumble
    Frankenstein
    Scared Stiff
    Additional Games (growing and evolving daily):
    Wizard of Oz LE
    Transformers LE
    Transporter
    Theater of Magic
    The Lord of the Rings
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Jurassic Park

#480 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's a 150+ mile round trip and I don't have a truck, so it's a little bit of an investment for me if I actually went through with picking it up.

#481 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

It's a 150+ mile round trip and I don't have a truck, so it's a little bit of an investment for me if I actually went through with picking it up.

Haha I know the feeling. Once I am there and checking out a pin with a truck, there's a good chance I am bringing it home.

#482 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

(bay area)
    Do we know where the first Star Trek will land? I think Metallica landed in Oakland...
    -mof

Unless another Op gets it first, ST will be coming to Hi-Life Pizza in Oakland. I'm running a launch on 10/16 there. I'll have details up on my blog, maybe Sunday after I recover from the Rumble.

Last time we got 57 people for the launch and it was a good time. Hope to see ya there!

#483 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Just wanted to let everyone know theres a Metallica pro at buffalo billards in Petaluma. It plays great. The Op has this pin tuned perfectly.

I saw the new loc email you sent and Eric W added it to pinballmachine.org.

#484 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Inside of the cab from pf lifting is an easy fix with a can of spray paint, some newspaper, and tape. Not a big deal. Outside.....yeah that is a different story!
    I don't think all new rubbers were put on, the post rubbers at the upper ramp were not replaced, you can see the ball marks. Not a huge deal, but......it is something I would check out.

I have been eyeing that TS for weeks now.Ya but I figured on that rating system might be sometime before seller grows a brain and accepts a reasonable offer. one of us should just bite the bullet and go look at it.I guess a 80 miles round trip for me is not too bad.

#485 10 years ago

EBCR was awesome! Sonoma County needs a league! We could use scandia as neutral ground till we work out private meets. Willie, Glen we gotta REPRESENT!

#486 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

(bay area)
    -mof

Hoping my house this week! Waiting for my tracking number!

#487 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Ok guys, this guy selling the TS is a flipper, all his stuff is routed and unshopped however mechanicaly his stuff is pretty good, he always lowers price when you get down to business. He's not a bad guy just trying to make a quick buck. Hope this helps. My buddy has bought several pins from him and we got them dialed in.
    Harley D.

#488 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Ok guys, this guy selling the TS is a flipper, all his stuff is routed and unshopped however mechanicaly his stuff is pretty good, he always lowers price when you get down to business. He's not a bad guy just trying to make a quick buck. Hope this helps. My buddy has bought several pins from him and we got them dialed in.
    Harley D.

good info.
    -mof

#489 10 years ago

Just want to give a huge shout out to WorldOfGlenn in Petaluma. He gave me the chance to bring home an MSF yesterday and I'm super stoked. Him and his wife were very hospitable and made the experience enjoyable. Off to play pinball!

531952_668077396544872_932511955_n.jpg531952_668077396544872_932511955_n.jpg

#490 10 years ago

Sweeeeeet looking pin Fattrain

#491 10 years ago

Hey I played that machine! Glenn is a really nice guy. Now you got a jumbo DMD to keep your BAYWATCH company

#492 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Just want to give a huge shout out to WorldOfGlenn in Petaluma. He gave me the chance to bring home an MSF yesterday and I'm super stoked. Him and his wife were very hospitable and made the experience enjoyable. Off to play pinball!

Which music do you choose when you start the game?

#493 10 years ago

Fattrain, I miss Frankie already. I'm glad that he's found a great home. Of course, you're welcome anytime to our pinball garage

#494 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Which music do you choose when you start the game?

Depends on the mood I'm in! I like them both!!!

Quoted from worldofglenn:

Fattrain, I miss Frankie already. I'm glad that he's found a great home. Of course, you're welcome anytime to our pinball garage

Frankie will be treated well "Like a VIP slave in my pinball dungeon"

#495 10 years ago

Sorry if this is a repeat, but saw on Facebook that Stern is having a launch of the new Star Trek pin at Hi-Life Pizza in Oakland on Oct 16th at 7pm.

#496 10 years ago

Still have the acdc premium was thinking trading for a unrestored IJ and a star wars trilogy. Pm me if interested.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#497 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Still have the acdc premium was thinking trading for a unrestored IJ and a Star Wars Trilogy. Pm me if interested.

That sounds like a good trade. Williams IJ is my Widebody holy grail.

FWIW: I have had my Hyperpin up on the trading block too

#498 10 years ago

Very nice hyperpin. I will just keep plugging away trying to get the two above pins for each of my kids.

#499 10 years ago

If this is the same Hyperpin that you brought to Pin-A-GoGo, I'll second that this is a quality machine. Boogies also knows what he is doing with these things. This is like his umpteenth build.

In other news, East Bay City Rumble II went well! The results are in the EBCRII thread. Just gonna link to it instead of spamming the results here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-bay-city-rumble-ii-the-revenge-sfba-2-man-team-tournament

I brought my WWFRR home from Phoenix Games. It's slot at Phoenix Games now houses either Simpsons Pinball Party, X-Men or Medieval Madness. I know, I know...you guys would rather have WWFRR back...

#500 10 years ago

226 days until pin a go go 2014!

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.