pasted_image (resized).png
23E46120-733B-4409-97D4-B896896CC2F1.gif
RT (resized).jpg
giphy (7).gif
641905F9-F706-4B09-83DF-42F1BEDBB758 (resized).png
giphy (6).gif
8F8FDD9F-B5B9-439A-A2F6-6FEC141375BC (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#149 1 year ago

Im going to go see it at some point... I don't trust anyones opinion on movies.

Allot of people need to be hit over the head with stuff so anything a bit different or that takes some reading between the lines they say "sucks".

I cant stand action movies or those goddamn CGI superhero movies so to each his own.

I'd rather fire a cactus out my ass than see that Maverick movie.

#167 1 year ago

Here is my problem with this (and I will admit to being a creative type).

At least this guy has the ability to raise some big money to try something different and fall on his face. At this point that is pretty rare.

He's trying at least? The easiest thing in the world is to pander and do some bullshit, takes some balls to not do that.

I'd rather see someone take a chance and fail miserably than any remake or cookie cutter superhero movie or fast and furious 52 or whatever.

Since allot of us are the same age I would look at it like BMX or skateboard tricks.

In the olden days when your friend tried some stupid trick and wiped out and knocked half their teeth out you wouldn't say they sucked. You would say holy shit that was awesome that you even tried that and jacked yourself up.

I don't care if this dude makes the shittiest movie I've seen all year I will go see it because at least he is trying. I'll see it twice before I give a dime to Tom Cruise for rehashing 30 + years ago.

You can shit on him all you want, end result is you get another year of garbage recycled cash grabs and nothing new.

#184 1 year ago

Saw it in Imax of all things.

Slow movie but yah if you don't bother with the subtext of it all you will have no idea what you are looking at.

Did I think it was good? not really but I'll take it over any superhero movies or dipshit action thing where stuff blown up real good.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bad is bad Elvis. How did you like that ending?

I'd have to watch it again (but I probably wont).

The end is open to interpretation but by then I was done with it... like I said its slow and too long. It didn't feel like it went anywhere.

I wouldn't call it bad.... entertaining? not really but I don't regret going.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You said it brother, “slow, too long and went nowhere”.
What’s to like?

Some cool visual moments and like I said earlier at least he is trying.

I can do without allot of the subtext stuff but it is better than zero thought.

In a way this kind of swing and miss is over thought and forgets to be entertaining.

If it makes you feel better if I get bored enough one day I'll go see Maverick, there isn't much else to see out now anyways.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol
He’s already seen top gun. It’s the same movie, just even dumber. And slightly less homoerotic.

The new one is less homoerotic and its called Maverick?

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Animal exploitation. That was my takeaway, at least.

A ton of race relations stuff.. its Jordan Peele for fuckssake.

You can just look online for peoples take on it... too much work to list even half of it.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They found a way.

I don't know.. Maverick sounds like a bar with no ladies night if you know what I mean.

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

In all seriousness, it's a dumb fun action movie. Let people enjoy it. Not everything needs to be art house cinema with a message.

Well... yah, thats the point. Why get on here and dog any movie just because it's not your thing?

I don't know why anyone brought up Maverick in this thread in the first place.

Comparing a movie that requires zero thought to one that requires nothing but doesn't make sense.

I like dumb movies when Im in the mood. I'll check out Maverick on a day where I don't want to think in the same way Ill eat fast food if I am bored or hungry enough.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I also thought it was more on animal behavior and exploitation as a theme. Son and I liked it, I know it was long but didn't feel overly long to me. I didn't feel any political/race relations subtext but I also wasn't looking...

Real obvious one is when they mentioned the black rider that got no historical credit on the first filmed footage with the horse. Maybe 3 times? The chick even says “we have skin in the game”. That’s a low hanging one so if people miss that they sure as hell aren’t getting the rest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nope-a-psa-announcement-?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.