23E46120-733B-4409-97D4-B896896CC2F1.gif
RT (resized).jpg
giphy (7).gif
641905F9-F706-4B09-83DF-42F1BEDBB758 (resized).png
giphy (6).gif
8F8FDD9F-B5B9-439A-A2F6-6FEC141375BC (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 1 year ago

I’ve seen a lot movies in my lifetime. As I was leaving the theatre with my daughter and her boyfriend I was trying to remember if I ever seen a worse movie than NOPE. The answer is a big “NOPE”.

Slow, incoherent, stupid, complete mess. So bad they didn’t even know what to title it.

I don’t think you could intentionally make it worse. At first I thought maybe I just didn’t get it, then people started walking out about half way through it.

We stayed until the end thinking it has to get better. It didn’t.

Save yourselves!

#2 1 year ago

the title already told you. Should you go see this movie? Nope!

#3 1 year ago

That new Thor movie isn't so great either. Too much forced comedy that is more stupid than funny.

#4 1 year ago

Ask not what NOPE can do for you, ask what you can do for NOPE

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That new Thor movie isn't so great either. Too much forced comedy that is more stupid than funny.

I watched the first 4 or 5 Marvel movies and they were all like this. It became obvious this was Disney's modus operandi moving forward with the MCU. I grew tired of it and never watched a 6th. These movies are based off comic books that are, by and large, very serious and can be somewhat gruesome sometimes, not the Sunday newspaper comics. It's ok to make a Marvel comic book movie that respects its audience. Case in point: Logan.

#6 1 year ago

Jordan Peele films are all really, really bad. I couldn't even get through his first movie. Yet they all get great reviews (the NY Post just said Nope is terrific). Go figure...

#7 1 year ago

Got tickets for this evening - this movie is right up my alley. Can’t wait!

#8 1 year ago

I saw the trailer and thought it looked dumb. Looks like my suspicions were probably correct

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jordan Peele films are all really, really bad. I couldn't even get through his first movie. Yet they all get great reviews (the NY Post just said Nope is terrific). Go figure...

I think we all know the reason.

Those 4 magic letters that bring all the Pinside boys to the yard….

W. O. K. E.

Oh yeah.

Was it as good for you as it was for me ?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm feeling major super hero movie fatigue, I just don't care anymore. Avengers End Game was it for me, every super hero movie since then just feels dull and overplayed.

Best movie experience I had over the past year was seeing Top Gun Maverick at a Dolby Cinema theater, now there's a film!

#11 1 year ago

really? Im shocked, Im going to see it this evening. Love his movies. Get out, Us, amazing
Rotten tomatos gave it 81%. Maybe its one of the movies you have to watch a couple times to "get it".

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

W. O. K. E.
Oh yeah.
Was it as good for you as it was for me ?

No idea what you're talking about here. I think you bring this shit up just to stoke the fire.

The NY Times just gave it a great review today as well. I love the Key and Peele stuff but his movies do nothing for me.

#13 1 year ago

What the hell is this whole WOKE thing?
I see it all the time now, what is this term

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

W. O. K. E.

Nah

#15 1 year ago

I feel like when I watch a movie from the past I've seen before its much more enjoyable than anything new I have seen in the last 10 plus years....

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Here, most of the time it is used as a slur for dialogue that is not centered around affirming a certain population's status in society.

ie: pinside yt af no cap.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like when I watch a movie from the past I've seen before its much more enjoyable than anything new I have seen in the last 10 plus years....

I hear ya but definitely give Top Gun Maverick a shot.

My wife and I recently watched the Star Wars prequel movies to get ready for the new Obi Wan show. Those 3 movies are not the best but I was pleasantly surprised how much more I enjoyed them compared to the new Star Wars trilogy. There's just this bizarre type of dumb humor, lack of pacing, and lack of character development being used in a large portion of modern movies.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from isJ:

Most of the time it is used as a slur for dialogue that is not centered around affirming a certain population's status in society.
ie: pinside yt af no cap.

Wrong, but your coding to go over the mods heads at the end is bussin ong (also that part is true)

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya but definitely give Top Gun Maverick a shot.
My wife and I recently watched the Star Wars prequel movies to get ready for the new Obi Wan show. Those 3 movies are not the best but I was pleasantly surprised how much more I enjoyed them compared to the new Star Wars trilogy. There's just this bizarre type of dumb humor, lack of pacing, and lack of character development being used in a large portion of modern movies.

I will watch anything anyone recommends as long as Tom Cruise is not in it! Kidding. Its on the list to watch..... If you ever watch any of the documentaries about how movies were made....I think there is one series on Netflix, you can see just how much thought and energy went in to the classics....maybe this has something to do with it too....churning out movies too quick.

#20 1 year ago

Remember Birdman won all sorts of oscars totally terrible movie

#21 1 year ago

Well I'm not happy to hear this, I was looking forward to it. I'll still check it out but try to manage my expectations.

Get out was amazing. Us was just ok. I was hoping Nope would go back to being awesome.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

really? Im shocked, Im going to see it this evening. Love his movies. Get out, Us, amazing
Rotten tomatos gave it 81%. Maybe its one of the movies you have to watch a couple times to "get it".

How did you like it?

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

"alert to injustice in society."

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Slow, incoherent, stupid, complete mess. So bad they didn’t even know what to title it.

"Not Of Planet Earth" is where the nope comes from; but carry on with the rage.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Well I'm not happy to hear this, I was looking forward to it. I'll still check it out but try to manage my expectations.
Get out was amazing. Us was just ok. I was hoping Nope would go back to being awesome.

How did you like it?

Will see tonight, bored anyways, might was well eat some popcorn maybe a beer

Need a break from putting all these unnecessary mods in my machines anyways.

#25 1 year ago

I don't go to movies anymore.

Thanks Hollywood

#27 1 year ago

If Bobby Lee liked it, it has to be good!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#28 1 year ago

Pay me enough $ and I'll say it's a great movie.

#29 1 year ago

NOPE belongs in the "Nothing" thread!

#30 1 year ago

Thank you for your public service announcement announcement. BRB going to the ATM machine.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If Bobby Lee liked it, it has to be good![quoted image]

That photo is hilarious!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It’s when I’m taking a nap and some jerk disturbs me!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

WOKE is what got your avatar cancelled from the Simpsons.

#34 1 year ago

I still dont get it oh well, guess I WOKE up too early today.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I promise you if you go see it and think it’s “terrific” then you have some other level of what entertainment means.

I’d say go see it just for the laughs but it’s agonizingly horrible

WOKE has nothing to do with it. It’s just SUCKS really bad.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Will see tonight, bored anyways, might was well eat some popcorn maybe a beer
Need a break from putting all these unnecessary mods in my machines anyways.

Ate a bag of popcorn. That was the only positive.

I’ll be shocked if your review is good but I can’t wait to see if any normal people actually like it. It’s not possible.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I saw the trailer and thought it looked dumb. Looks like my suspicions were probably correct

The trailer is the best part. Not kidding

#38 1 year ago

Meagan Navarro of Bloody Disgusting gave it 4 out of 5 skulls, and I usually agree with her recommendations. I’m going to see it with tempered expectations.

Peele is becoming very much like Shyamalan. You go in expecting a twist and social commentary, so it starts to lose its power.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If Bobby Lee liked it, it has to be good![quoted image]

Love this guy, he was hilarious in the Netflix show Love, stole every scene.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve seen a lot movies in my lifetime. As I was leaving the theatre with my daughter and her boyfriend I was trying to remember if I ever seen a worse movie than NOPE. The answer is a big “NOPE”.
I don’t think you could intentionally make it worse. At first I thought maybe I just didn’t get it, then people started walking out about half way through it.
We stayed until the end thinking it has to get better. It didn’t.
Save yourselves!

So did you see and like Get Out and Us; but this one didn't hit the same? Or are you just not into what Peele is doing in general?

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

yes, ragnarok was way better.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

So did you see and like Get Out and Us; but this one didn't hit the same? Or are you just not into what Peele is doing in general?

No I honestly had only heard of Jordan Peele. My daughter asked if I wanted to go.

I had good expectations going in.

No idea what the message was if there was one.

Even the kids said “worst movie ever” and they had seen his prior movies I guess

I’m wondering what he was thinking with Gordy the monkey? You tell me.

But go see it, maybe have a few drinks first. I don’t know

#43 1 year ago

Get out was cool
The tsa friend was funny
Brian Williams daughter was hot

#45 1 year ago

I thought Get Out was okay.
I only thought Us was meh.
I'm reserving my judgement for Nope.

Thing is I really like Jordon Peele's comedy side...if you haven't watched Key and Peele, go right now. If you are not aware of who is he, he is old Mad TV alum.

He's been pretty upfront that he's making movies for black people, not white people. I don't have an issue with this, but I can certainly see where some white folks might cringe at some of the subject matter, and cry woke here and there.

But as has kind of been mentioned, the stories are just...so so so far and I don't mind cheesy stupid horror movies.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Get out was cool
The tsa friend was funny
Brian Williams daughter was hot

Ahhhh yes. I did see Get Out some years ago. Didn’t know it was the same guy.

If you are going in thinking it’s on that level prepare to be surprised! Lol

And I like Key & Peele, didn’t even realize it was the same guy.

I think he said I’m gonna see how bad I can make a movie and still have the critics like it.

#47 1 year ago

Here’s what he said about the monkey.

He added: “So there’s a very real world horror that animals are trapped and in some ways, they symbolise something very bad about us, and that’s what my movies are about. It’s about how bad we are.”

#48 1 year ago
8F8FDD9F-B5B9-439A-A2F6-6FEC141375BC (resized).jpeg8F8FDD9F-B5B9-439A-A2F6-6FEC141375BC (resized).jpeg
#49 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm feeling major super hero movie fatigue, I just don't care anymore. Avengers End Game was it for me, every super hero movie since then just feels dull and overplayed.

About how I feel with all these dad and grandpaw music theme games.....

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's been pretty upfront that he's making movies for black people, not white people.

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nope-a-psa-announcement-?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.