23E46120-733B-4409-97D4-B896896CC2F1.gif
RT (resized).jpg
giphy (7).gif
641905F9-F706-4B09-83DF-42F1BEDBB758 (resized).png
giphy (6).gif
8F8FDD9F-B5B9-439A-A2F6-6FEC141375BC (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got back - it was great! Tons of movie references. But the ending is straight up from a Spielberg movie. I won’t say which one because it gives away a huge twist. It’s a bit too long and there’s one subplot that should have been cut entirely. (I think?) It was there to add a layer to one of the themes of the movie, but wasn’t necessary because they dealt with it in another way too. Anyway, was good, DEFINITELY Tremors is a good signpost.

Really glad to hear. I was really hoping it was worth seeing. Probably not for everyone and I'm not expecting it to be a blockbuster hit.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got back - it was great! Tons of movie references. The ending is straight up from a Spielberg movie. I won’t say which one because it gives away a huge twist. It’s a bit too long and there’s one subplot that should have been cut entirely. (I think?) It was there to add a layer to one of the themes of the movie, but wasn’t necessary because they dealt with it in another way too. Anyway, was good, DEFINITELY Tremors is a good signpost.
Oh! I forgot this movie brought back Mike Wincott! AND MF-ing Keith David! 2 of the greatest voices ever

Lol. Not a chance.

Absolutely awful. “Great”?

You must have been sleeping through it. Have you woken up yet from your coma ?

Tremors? No way

I expect from you though. And the one dopey upvote character. Guy is whack

The ending? It blows!!!!

Next review? Lol

#103 1 year ago

Oh really iceman?

Ok, then suck on this nugget of truth!!!:

Maverick was a piece of shit that was complete nonsense. One of the dumbest movies I’ve ever seen.

And if you disagree you are either a moron or lying.

Boom!

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh really iceman?
Ok, then suck on this nugget of truth!!!:
Maverick was a piece of shit that was complete nonsense. One of the dumbest movies I’ve ever seen.
And if you disagree you are either a moron or lying.
Boom!

Wtf are you talking about?

This movie sucks ass. Waiting for the reality reviews. Lmk in 3 months when it comes out on cable Insane Levi

Don’t go outside in NY. That’s reality

Suck on that

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jordan Peele films are all really, really bad. I couldn't even get through his first movie. Yet they all get great reviews (the NY Post just said Nope is terrific). Go figure...

I can't comment on Peele's movies because I've never seen any of them. But if his reboot of Twilight Zone is reflective of his abilities to write and direct movies, then I don't think there's a chance that I would like them. His TZ reboot wasn't scary, mysterious, thought-provoking, well-written, well-directed, or well-acted. They were a gargantuan affront to 50s-60s series, and a semi affront to the 80's series (and that's saying something).

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I can't comment on Peele's movies because I've never seen any of them. But if his reboot of Twilight Zone is reflective of his abilities to write and direct movies, then I don't think there's a chance that I would like them. His TZ reboot wasn't scary, mysterious, thought-provoking, well-written, well-directed, or well-acted. They were a gargantuan affront to 50s-60s series, and a semi affront to the 80's series (and that's saying something).

Wtf. Not what I expected from you.

The only thing at issue is this movie. Go see it and let me know what you think.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf. Not what I expected from you.
The only thing at issue is this movie. Go see it and let me know what you think.

Quite honestly, I knew of Kay and Peele from way back when. When TZ came to Paramount Plus, I didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was him. I watched most episodes just hoping that it would get better. It didn't.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

TBF, he did very minimal in TZ. He wrote maybe one episode in two seasons and dont think he even directed one. His main role was providing backing for the project and narration. Then he got different folks to write and direct each episode. Guess to make it like an anthology of individual ideas. I watched two episodes and didnt like it myself. But he put the minimal effort to have his face in front of the project. Guess to give it momentum from the success of his debut movie.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

TBF, he did very minimal in TZ. He wrote maybe one episode in two seasons and dont think he even directed one. His main role was providing backing for the project and narration. Then he got different folks to write and direct each episode. Guess to make it like an anthology of individual ideas. I watched two episodes and didnt like it myself. But he put the minimal effort to have his face in front of the project. Guess to give it momentum from the success of his debut movie.

Good to know. Thanks. He ought to distance himself from it.-- haha Seriously, I'll give his movies a shot on your comment alone. Thanks.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf are you talking about?
This movie sucks ass. Waiting for the reality reviews. Lmk in 3 months when it comes out on cable Insane Levi
Don’t go outside in NY. That’s reality
Suck on that

Oh yeah? We’ll double don’t go outside of Texas to you. Suck on that buddy!!

Honestly though, why do you think anybody gives a shit about your banal opinion on movies? I can’t imagine going to see a movie, and thinking I should race over here and post a review of it.

Odd!

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh yeah? We’ll double don’t go outside of Texas to you. Suck on that buddy!!

I won’t get killed here buddy. Lol

And yet you are here insane Levi?

Because this is your life.

Now this is just a F ing movie that sucks ass.

And you of course want to make it into something else

Try not to get shot/robbed on the streets or pushed into the subway tracks

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Good to know. Thanks. He ought to distance himself from it.-- haha Seriously, I'll give his movies a shot on your comment alone. Thanks.

Yeah, start with Get Out first. That one has decently broader appeal as far as story telling. A little safe in plot devices but in directorial prowess it shines his skills. "Us"....got a little weird by the end. This one I'll watch in a few weeks when I take time off from work again.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yeah, start with Get Out first. That one has decently broader appeal as far as story telling. A little safe in plot devices but in directorial prowess it shines his skills. Us....got a little weird by the end. This one I'll watch in a few weeks when I take time off from work again.

Wait for free cable. Lol

But you are from Austin is weird as well.

#114 1 year ago

Ok just came back, ate a bag of popcorn, one pizza, a large coke and some fries. The movie was good too! No idea what happened, but I watched it!

#115 1 year ago

Damn Texans are so soft.

Afraid of a little ol’ trip on the subway!

Maverick was just a bad movie!

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok just came back, ate a bag of popcorn, one pizza, a large coke and some fries. The movie was good too! No idea what happened, but I watched it!

You watched it? Got through it?

Pizza and a bag of popcorn got you through.

No idea what happened? I get it.

It’s awful. Ok to admit you wasted a shit load of time. Lol

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait for free cable. Lol
But you are from Austin is weird as well.

I watch way too many movies. Even the weird or bad shit I find an odd enjoyment. I've only walked out of a movie once in my life, and that was Last Airbender. I really dont think anything will ever incite that kind of visceral feeling.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Texans are so soft.
Afraid of a little ol’ trip on the subway!
Maverick was just a bad movie!

Wtf is Maverick?

Yeah you ain’t getting on that subway. Lol

It’s why people are leaving there in droves. Time to go to Florida and set up shop.

You can survive there. No Bodegas either

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I watch way too many movies. Even the weird or bad shit I find an odd enjoyment. I've only walked out of a movie once in my life, and that was Last Airbender. I really dont think anything will ever incite that kind of visceral feeling.

Well. I’ve had a few in my lifetime.

Stayed to the end on this one.

Lmk what you think.

#120 1 year ago

I’ll admit life without a bodega would be rough.

Where do you get your fan of chef boy r dee at 4 am without driving?

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll admit life without a bodega would be rough.
Where do you get your fan of chef boy r dee at 4 am without driving?

Taco Bell or Whataburger? Lol

Honestly, spaghetti O’hs with franks and canned Ravioli were the go to back in the day

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Taco Bell or Whataburger? Lol
Honestly, spaghetti O’hs with franks and canned Ravioli were the go to back in the day

You two…get a room!

#123 1 year ago

I'm lost on the direction of this thread. I thought its main purpose was to critique the movie. I haven't seen it yet, but do plan to. It seems like anyone with anything positive to say of the movie is considered crazy by the op. It doesn't really seem open for discussion.

Now I'm curious if the movie makes a jab at Texans in some way to cause this vendetta. OP just seems like he's looking for a fight.

#124 1 year ago

So…has anyone seen the Elvis movie? Care to share your opinion? We will be cordial in our responses.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve seen a lot movies in my lifetime. As I was leaving the theatre with my daughter and her boyfriend I was trying to remember if I ever seen a worse movie than NOPE. The answer is a big “NOPE”.
Slow, incoherent, stupid, complete mess. So bad they didn’t even know what to title it.
I don’t think you could intentionally make it worse. At first I thought maybe I just didn’t get it, then people started walking out about half way through it.
We stayed until the end thinking it has to get better. It didn’t.
Save yourselves!

Thanks for confirming what I already expected after seeing the previews, it’s the new version of Independence Day movie which I thought sucked but some love and they made a sequel, ahahah, aliens invade, this thread getting too much, movies have been horrible for almost 10 ok maybe 15 or more years anyway

#126 1 year ago

Who knew an alien movie could be so divisive. Means it's a must watch.

There's really only 3 completely horrible movies.

Battlefield Earth
Below
Darkness Falls
and maybe Waterworld gets an honorable mention.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Battlefield Earth
Below
Darkness Falls

What are your thoughts on Lightyear?

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Battlefield Earth
Below
Darkness Falls

You missed one. This went viral before viral was a term. Also, Superman 3 would like to be included. The 80’s have some spectacular box office flops.

159F7FF6-4A88-4E61-955B-5796F5BC3E96 (resized).jpeg159F7FF6-4A88-4E61-955B-5796F5BC3E96 (resized).jpeg
#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

OP just seems like he's looking for a fight

Been drifting aimlessly since deeproot imploded... I think it broke something inside him...

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Thanks for confirming what I already expected after seeing the previews, it’s the new version of Independence Day movie which I thought sucked but some love and they made a sequel, ahahah, aliens invade, this thread getting too much, movies have been horrible for almost 10 ok maybe 15 or more years anyway

100%agree on Independence Day sequel. The original was ok back in the day for what it was.

Nope is -nothing- like Independence Day. It has as much to do with ID as Jurassic Park does. I mean 0%. I thought It was a bit long but it wasn’t just “dumb fun” like Independence Day. I was expecting that, and was surprised. It’s not going to change anybody’s life, but subverted almost all my expectations, and was worth seeing in a theater.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

You missed one. This went viral before viral was a term. Also, Superman 3 would like to be included. The 80’s have some spectacular box office flops.[quoted image]

Superman 3 is great! (If you’re an 8 year old in the 80s!). It has Richard Pryor, an evil cyborg, deadly AI, and was the inspiration for Office Space!

But seriously, I think you probably meant Superman IV, in which the studio ran out of money WHILE they were filming, and they had to cobble together a story from what footage they had.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

His TZ reboot wasn't scary, mysterious, thought-provoking, well-written, well-directed, or well-acted. They were a gargantuan affront to 50s-60s series, and a semi affront to the 80's series (and that's saying something).

The 80's remake series was FAR better than Peele's. Can't even compare the original to it....

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

What are your thoughts on Lightyear?

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm not a huge Toy Story/Disney person anyway.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm not a huge Toy Story/Disney person anyway.

I was being somewhat sarcastic with your reference to bad movies. I feel the same way about Lightyear that ice does about nope. It felt like they were trying to take an adult movie and market it to kids. Nothing about it clicked for me. I don't have any problem with the stuff parents were complaining about. Just thought it was an awful movie.

#135 1 year ago

Gf liked it, I thought it was too slow- but STILL Peele does interesting stuff and it was at least interesting, albeit way too slow for my taste.

#136 1 year ago

I liked it too. Thought Thor was lacking, but both were entertaining. Which I guess is the point of going to the movies in the first place. Don't take any movie all that serious to be honest. Certainly glad this isn't about Star Wars or the page count would be in the double digits at this point...Lol

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got back - it was great! Tons of movie references. The ending is straight up from a Spielberg movie. I won’t say which one because it gives away a huge twist. It’s a bit too long and there’s one subplot that should have been cut entirely. (I think?) It was there to add a layer to one of the themes of the movie, but wasn’t necessary because they dealt with it in another way too. Anyway, was good, DEFINITELY Tremors is a good signpost.
Oh! I forgot this movie brought back Mike Wincott! AND MF-ing Keith David! 2 of the greatest voices ever

What he said. Though if the plotline you're saying should have been cut is the one I'm thinking of, it did make for some of the most disturbing moments.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Battlefield Earth
Below
Darkness Falls

Don't forget "Plan 9 from Outer Space". But it's so bad, I guess that's what makes it endearing in a way (i.e. The best of the worst makes it special).

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Been drifting aimlessly since deeproot imploded... I think it broke something inside him...

NOPE. You and the mini mob crew have been lost without that drama and nothing else to live for.

But this movie, it almost broke something.

Every movie mentioned above was better than NOPE

#140 1 year ago

Silly me, by the title (and me being older) I thought this had something to do with someone getting negative PSA test.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

What he said. Though if the plotline you're saying should have been cut is the one I'm thinking of, it did make for some of the most disturbing moments.

Yep, agreed - it added some tension for sure, but I didn’t feel it added anything story-wise

#142 1 year ago

Go watch, Gone in the Night. That movie was absolutely awful. The theater at the end had a good laugh looking around asking each other what the hell did we just watch, lol.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jordan Peele films are all really, really bad. I couldn't even get through his first movie. Yet they all get great reviews (the NY Post just said Nope is terrific). Go figure...

I loved his first two movies. Get Out is Fing awesome. Us was very good as well. Im looking forward to Nope. Different strokes for different folks. I also think dialed in is the best jjp game and Stern Star Wars Premium is great!

#144 1 year ago

What the hell that monkey has to do with all of it?

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Go watch, Gone in the Night. That movie was absolutely awful. The theater at the end had a good laugh looking around asking each other what the hell did we just watch, lol.

I hadn't heard of this, and this is one of the reviews (from an actual critic): "When the movie started, I wanted to like it. 90 minutes later, I just wanted it to end."

LOL!

We saw a trailer for this movie "Barbarian" which starts off with a similar premise, and looks insane. I'll be going back to see that one

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What the hell that monkey has to do with all of it?

That is exactly what my wife and I said. It was a twisted, unique situation / scene, but it did fit into the movie and made absolutely no sense.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Snowtrooper:

That is exactly what my wife and I said. It was a twisted, unique situation / scene, but it did fit into the movie and made absolutely no sense.

This is the subplot I was referring to earlier. It's an example of how unpredictible animals can be, which is obviously an important central theme to the movie. However, I think they actually conveyed this just fine with the horses, so I agree it wasn't really needed.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is the subplot I was referring to earlier. It's an example of how unpredictible animals can be, which is obviously an important central theme to the movie. However, I think they actually conveyed this just fine with the horses, so I agree it wasn't really needed.

I can see your point, however, what was with the slipper? The camera specifically focused on it before moving on.

#149 1 year ago

Im going to go see it at some point... I don't trust anyones opinion on movies.

Allot of people need to be hit over the head with stuff so anything a bit different or that takes some reading between the lines they say "sucks".

I cant stand action movies or those goddamn CGI superhero movies so to each his own.

I'd rather fire a cactus out my ass than see that Maverick movie.

#150 1 year ago

Here's the opinion of our country's most insightful movie reviewer (if you're in America, that is):

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/movies-tv/review-jordan-peeles-nope-is-a-slow-dull-and-repetitive-disappointment

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nope-a-psa-announcement-/page/3?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.