• Latest reply 9 years ago by appeac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nooks.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Some of my favorite games are the ones that have an extra wide variety of shots. For lack of a better term I'll call them the "nooks and crannies" games. Two of the best examples I can think of off the top of my head are The Simpsons Pinball Party and Judge Dredd. I haven't owned Street Fighter II yet, but I think it's one that would fit in the category. Xmen fits what I'm talking about pretty well, but Stern Star Trek doesn't (not saying it's not a good game, just that I don't think it has the extra shots to fit in this category).

#2 9 years ago

Spirit is a great nooks & crannies game. I've played it a bunch, but every time I see it there's a weird shot I seem to have forgotten or not noticed before.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Spirit is a great nooks & crannies game. I've played it a bunch, but every time I see it there's a weird shot I seem to have forgotten or not noticed before.

I second this. I only played a couple games ever, at Clay's VFW Pinball show in Michigan, but it was absurd. There were shots in the upper playfield that made me think, "Uh... shouldn't there be a flipper up here to make these shots?"

#5 9 years ago

I think Pat Lawlor games in general have a lot of nooks and crannies.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks. Spirit looks like an interesting one and Roadshow fits the bill as well. You're right mot, Lawlor games do have lots of them.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I think Pat Lawlor games in general have a lot of nooks and crannies.

I agree. The first thing I thought of in this thread was the cellar shot in Earthshaker.

#8 9 years ago

"Cranny: chink, crack, crevice, slit, split, fissure, rift, cleft, opening, gap, aperture, cavity, hole, hollow, niche, corner, nook, interstice".

#9 9 years ago

What about gottlieb victory? Pretty packed in there shot wise...

#10 9 years ago

It might not be the first game you think of, but there's not a square inch of space wasted on the TOTAN playfield. I'm thinking of the captive balls between shots and the hidden "Harem Sneak-In" hole on the far end of the orbit, completely blocked from view. Hit it hard and the ball right whizzes by, hit it gently and it sinks in.

#11 9 years ago

Funhouse definitely fits the definition.

#12 9 years ago

nooks.jpgnooks.jpg

Nooks and crannies? This ultra-rare machine never made it out of the prototype phase. Rumor has it that snack bar sales at test locations were through the roof. Likely due to the aroma wafting from the integrated 4-slice toaster in the cabinet.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What about gottlieb victory? Pretty packed in there shot wise...

Packed full of boredom and terribleness.

1 month later
#14 9 years ago

RCT all day...

#15 9 years ago

Twilight Zone is an obvious one. Explaining to new players how to get it in the Camera is always fun...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nooks-and-crannies-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.