Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Erik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Having joined Pinside just a few months ago, we learned a lot about this hobby in a very short time. A little knowledge can be dangerous, so to speak. My wife and I started collecting pins in February, and we just brought home our 9th (ST:TNG, my holy grail!) yesterday. We're still waiting for... WOZ, of course... to arrive as our 10th. But it's paid for, so it counts!

7 of 10 were purchased from fellow Pinsiders! And that's the point of my post. Sincere Thanks to them; both for the cool pins and the advice/education/support they provided. Jamaster10, GAP, RTR, Fatsquatch, Stack15, Marko4194, and Gweempose ...you all rock!

To everyone else: when we find additional space in our home for more pins, we'll be watching the Market and 'FS' posts. That's also when we'll be able to post photos of the line-up. But if you happen to have any pins from our Wanted list, don't hesitate to contact us!

#2 8 years ago

Wow, I thought my family getting 7 pins in 9 months was a lot, but you have us beat! Welcome to the craziness, and congrats on your collection! I am happy to have another pin person in TN. Half of my collection came from Fatsquatch, and I am betting it was the Creech you got from him. If so, I have played that machine and it was nice.

#3 8 years ago

Jump in head first - way to go!

#4 8 years ago

I'll throw in a bonus thumbs-up to Game Galaxy in Antioch, TN. We haven't yet bought a game from DreamTR, but his arcade quickly fed our pinball "jones". Especially on Tuesday nights!

#5 8 years ago

I had quite a year, too, but not up to your standard. Little wonder that the price of classic pins is so high. I recall reading a thread here in which several people indicated that they had bought at least seven or eight pins in 2012.

#6 8 years ago

I'm glad my STTNG went to a good home where it will be appreciated. It was great meeting you the other day, talking pinball and hanging out!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthusiast:

My wife and I started collecting pins in February, and we just brought home our 9th

Welcome to the hobby, with both feet!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthusiast:

Having joined Pinside just a few months ago, we learned a lot about this hobby in a very short time.

Probably learned a few things you really didn't need to know, too. Welcome to the asylum.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Probably learned a few things you really didn't need to know, too. Welcome to the asylum.

I still learn and see things I don't need to know or want to see . . . funny, most of that is because of you or Centerflank!

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I still learn and see things I don't need to know or want to see .

Blackjack has just taken it to another level.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-pic-of-star-trek-into-darkness-picture/page/3
    I won't take any credit for that one.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Blackjack has just taken it to another level.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-pic-of-star-trek-into-darkness-picture/page/3
    I won't take any credit for that one.

Haha! Yea, I saw that. As Ron White would say: "things that make you go . . . brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Correct. Sometimes, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

#13 8 years ago

STTNG should be everyone's grail

Congrats!

#14 8 years ago

You are off to an awesome start !

And welcome !

LTG : )

#15 8 years ago

Also, is there an "official" Pinside threshold when someone is no longer a noob? I don't want to wear the tag forever.

#16 8 years ago

With that collection you are no longer a noob, my friend.

Actually, have you thoroughly shopped a game yet? That makes extra not a noob

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthusiast:

Also, is there an "official" Pinside threshold when someone is no longer a noob?

If doing a playfield swap is required, then I'm still a noob myself.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

With that collection you are no longer a noob, my friend.
    Actually, have you thoroughly shopped a game yet? That makes extra not a noob

I shopped the Monster Bash. The others are in good shape, but each one needs a tweak here and there.

#19 8 years ago

I thought buying a busted up Baby Pacman 18 months ago was "Jumping in with both feet" but you have redefined it!

#20 8 years ago

I just grabbed 8 in six months. Where is the "OFF" switch on this fever? Seriously, folks...
    -mof

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I just grabbed 8 in six months.

I started in August, and have already let 3 go. There is no off, only running out of space or money.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthusiast:

Also, is there an "official" Pinside threshold when someone is no longer a noob? I don't want to wear the tag forever.

5k karma makes you a senior pinhead and not just a pinhead. I would say that is the threshold to not be a pinside noob. As for a pinball noob . . . I still consider myself a noob and have owned machines for over 20 years.

#23 8 years ago

I haven't even considered letting any go yet. Already got a couple PMs on my Want list pins, so I need to find more space quickly! Keep em comin'. Next, I'll have dreams of opening my own arcade and making millions...

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthusiast:

I haven't even considered letting any go yet.

I actually let 4 go. Two were JD s, I kept 1. KwiKimart had been looking for a Shadow for so long, that I let him have mine. The last one was MM. I found much better use for the money, and I enjoy everyone of my games as much, if not more than that one.

#25 8 years ago

i picked up 12 in the last 10 months. and if you count my 2 brothers that makes 24.

#26 8 years ago

Not on your want list, but I have a T2 and Dr Dude for sale right up the road in Bowling Green.

#27 8 years ago

lol i also have a T2 ^ we will sell these eventually

#28 8 years ago

Yeah I've had a few offers but no cash in hand. I'm flexible but I'm not giving it away.

#29 8 years ago

Great to hear from another pinhead in the area!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside