Noob looking for info on seller and advice - Musnters LE

By finplanner69

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm a new member though I have been a lurker forever. I love to read about pinball machines in the hopes that I will eventually break down DH into agreeing to purchase one. He could care less, but I love the outside, the inside, the themes, and of course to play. Well with all this virus stuff I decided life was too short, sieze the day, etc. Plus my fellow player - my 16 year old will be graduating next year so we only have a little time left to get our pinball groove on.

I've done a ton of research and decided that I love the Munsters theme. I know the gameplay isn't perceived as great, but I think for us it would be okay. Plus the theme is very family friendly and will fit nicely in the middle of my house. I can't go test one out because of the deadly virus and all.

I started to buy a Munsters pro locally but figured out it was a scam in the nick of time. So DH only wants me to buy from our local store which I was just about to do when I found this LE across country. As you can imagine DH isn't thrilled about wiring money site unseen to stranger across country. I've read everything I can get my hands on, including Vid's guide. It looks like escrow is the only safe way for both parties. Plus asking if anyone has dealt with this gentleman.... fattrain https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91899
He sent me photos via text and I asked for video chat to show game and he replied he will make me a youtube video of the game. Any advice and thoughts are welcome. ~ Thanks! Tiff

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Hi everyone! I'm a new member though I have been a lurker forever. I love to read about pinball machines in the hopes that I will eventually break down DH into agreeing to purchase one. He could care less, but I love the outside, the inside, the themes, and of course to play. Well with all this virus stuff I decided life was too short, sieze the day, etc. Plus my fellow player - my 16 year old will be graduating next year so we only have a little time left to get our pinball groove on.
I've done a ton of research and decided that I love the Munsters theme. I know the gameplay isn't perceived as great, but I think for us it would be okay. Plus the theme is very family friendly and will fit nicely in the middle of my house. I can't go test one out because of the deadly virus and all.
I started to buy a Munsters pro locally but figured out it was a scam in the nick of time. So DH only wants me to buy from our local store which I was just about to do when I found this LE across country. As you can imagine DH isn't thrilled about wiring money site unseen to stranger across country. I've read everything I can get my hands on, including Vid's guide. It looks like escrow is the only safe way for both parties. Plus asking if anyone has dealt with this gentleman.... fattrain https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91899
He sent me photos via text and I asked for video chat to show game and he replied he will make me a youtube video of the game. Any advice and thoughts are welcome. ~ Thanks! Tiff

Justin (Fattrain) is a friend of the hobby & a friend in general! Never have a worry doing a deal with him.

#3 3 years ago

Fattrain is legit. No worries.

#4 3 years ago

Justin is a Great seller, great guy and an absolute standup guy to deal with no hesitation.

No worries.

#5 3 years ago

Great guy Justin known for years, you are in good hands. His games are always immaculate !

#6 3 years ago

He’s a friend I’m biased, but he’s done a ton of Pinball/ transactions, and I know you will never find anyone saying a bad thing about him.

Solid as they come. I’ve tried played his Munsters. It’s as perfect as they come.

#7 3 years ago

Buy with Confidence, Justin is a great guy...he was Best Man in my Wedding and I live down the street. The game is immaculate and you will love it, plays great.

#8 3 years ago

I have the PRO version and it is the most played in our collection. I'm not sure why it gets such a bad wrap. The theme, color, and ruleset seem great to us and I would have no hesitation recommending it although I'm not sure the LE would be worth the extra $ for us. My .02 would be to avoid shipping a machine and would prefer to find one locally but I have no doubt that the seller is legit and well known.

#9 3 years ago

buy with confidence. fattrain is a stand up guy

#10 3 years ago

What does DH stand for?

#11 3 years ago

Buy from fattrain for sure.

And who is DH?

#12 3 years ago

DH= Dear Husand?

#13 3 years ago

You pretty much could have done this research on the site yourself and come to the same conclusion everyone has noted, fattrain has a great rep on Pinside.

#14 3 years ago

"Richard Noggin"?? DH?

#15 3 years ago

Also keep in mind that shipping is a risk even though the seller is top notch. Anything can happen in shipping.

#16 3 years ago

Only met him a few times , but can say for sure that fattrain is a solid pinsider based on his presence here . I also might be in the minority but I really enjoy Munsters pinball . I think it is fun to shoot and I prefer that it has simple easy to understand rules ( not every game needs to have super complex rules )

#17 3 years ago

Thanks for the all the kind words guys! Hope everyone is doing well in this weird time and sharpening them silverball skills!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also keep in mind that shipping is a risk even though the seller is top notch. Anything can happen in shipping.

So would ya'll recommend insuring for the full amount? I've read where people only insure for partial amount.

#19 3 years ago

So would ya'll recommend insuring for the full amount?

Absolutely. Can’t be too careful.

#20 3 years ago

So would ya'll recommend insuring for the full amount? I've read where people only insure for partial amount.

Insure for full amount, especially given current events. Don't know seller, but definitely some Pinsiders that have recommended him, so congrats!!

As far as the game, I've got an LE and love it. A beautiful, fun game...tune out the noise and enjoy...you chose wisely, imho!!!!

#21 3 years ago

DH = Domestic Habitant ???

Please fill us in, we’re in suspense!!

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from rocketman:

DH = Domestic Habitant ???
Please fill us in, we’re in suspense!!

DH=Dear or darling Husband. Guess it's a term mostly used on mom boards.

#23 3 years ago

Very cool!!! (new acronym for me today)...welcome!!!...

#24 3 years ago

Here it means Dirty Harry

#25 3 years ago

Play Justin some Texas hold em, you two can gamble on the final price

#26 3 years ago

Why do you need to get permission from Dirty Harry?

#27 3 years ago

Alright you fella's talked me into it! Bought my first pinball from Justin! Where do I pick up my super secret decoder club ring?

#28 3 years ago

Alright you fella's talked me into it! Bought my first pinball from Justin! Where do I pick up my super secret decoder club ring?

Hold the thanks as later you may regret it. You can Never own just one pin!! This is how the addiction starts and in no time you Will have 6. Lol. I still remember convincing my wife (DW) that we just needed this One game..... 40 machines later she can’t figure out what happened. Good luck.

#29 3 years ago

Awesome.... Justin is a good guy and you will have no issues there.

That being said , these things are like rabbits. Some you will be up to 20 and 150k into it.

Have fun !!!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why do you need to get permission from Dirty Harry?

I was thinking this the whole time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/noob-looking-for-info-on-seller-and-advice-musnters-le?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.