(Topic ID: 66556)

Noob buying first machine

By Dr-Willy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi Guys,

Im new around here, been lurking on the site for a little while and finally decided to join. I have gotten in to pinball pretty heavily the past few years and have decided to finally buy my first machine. I live in an area that has 5 machines total around town, with last time I checked all of which had some sort of issue with it from not being maintained.

I have decided to buy a Metallica premium. I played the machine a lot at CAX this year and just couldn't get enough of it. So my question comes down to maintenance. I want to keep this machine in the best condition i can for as long as i can (while still being able to play it ). I looked around and didn't see any type of sticky thread for do's and don'ts for the beginner pinball owner, but maybe i missed something? I see some guys say wax the playfield, others say no. I know somethings come down to personal opinion, but are their tried and true do's and dont's for keeping the machine in tip top shape?

Also in your guys opinion which metallica premium do you think will hold its value better, the monsters or roadcase? It seems the monsters is more popular so in the long run will that make the road case rarer and hold a higher resale value?

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys! I see mention of putting better balls in it, are the ones that come with it not great and should be replaced right out of the gate? Oh and I definitely plan on getting all the cliffy protectors I can for the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/noob-buying-first-machine?tu=dr-willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.