10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by onceler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just took a quick look and eBay, and of the first 1000 listings under Pinball Machines (machines only), only 150 or so were auctions and only 14 had bids. Of the 14 with bids, 4 of the listings had not reached the reserve. Of the 136 so called auctions without bids, the starting price was unrealistic (IMHO).

Quick Math:
    1000 Listings/150 Auctions= 15% of listings on an "auction" site are actually auctions
    1000 Listings/14 with bids = 1.4% of listings have bids
    150 Auctions/10 bids meeting reserve = 15% of the games might actually sell.

I wonder what percentage of the 14 games with bids have shill bids?

My unusual conclusion: At least 85 percent of the games listed on eBay will not sell on eBay. That is 850 + games.

What do you guys thinks happens to these games in the meantime while they are sitting unsold on eBay? I suspect they are sitting in someone's gameroom getting played (at least I hope so).

Best regards,

Tom

#2 10 years ago

I can see why the prices are high on ebay. I sold a pin for 400 and ebay took 40 bucks. last time i sell on ebay for sure.

#3 10 years ago

That's because 80% of them are placeholders for pinball businesses, 5% are clueless people that think if they stay on ebay for 10 years, either someone is bound to bite, or the value of pinball will eventually catch up to their expectations. I wish ebay would enforce a new rule where you can only list the same item so many times, they are sucking up bandwidth / resources.

#4 10 years ago

I have noticed the ebay prices are starting to infect the craiglist prices. I still want that Phonix in Oswego for 450. I remember when it was 400 lol

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I have noticed the ebay prices are starting to infect the craiglist prices

Dont' forget the niles guy who's telling a T2 or a no fear for $3300, "now is the time to deal!"

#6 10 years ago

eBays been that way for a while now

Look at the pinball catagory as a whole

23,350 listings

920 of them are actually auctions, with a large part of them with unrealistic starting prices. Thank you to the 30 day "store" listings

#7 10 years ago

I think the Niles guy is a store; still doesn't make the crazy prices ok. For the past few years he's had crazy arcade prices as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/non-scientific-quick-ebay-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.