• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by proraly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Rio Playmatic, 1977
#1 1 year ago

I have an unusual problem with my Playmatic Rio machine. When I star a new game, the score reels for the 4th and 3rd player reset properly. The 2nd player 1000s score reel does not reset properly. If it is on 1 or 2, it gets to 3 and goes no further. If it is on 3, it does not reset, and the score motor runs on. If it is on 4 or higher, it resets properly, and resets the 1st player. The switches are properly open/closed. I should note that this score reel does not have a 0=9 board. Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Check out joes classic videogames on YouTube. Ron has detailed information about playmatic reset sequences on similar machines.

#3 1 year ago

if you jumper the WH-RD and YE wires on the player 2 1000 reel runout switch, does that prevent the reel from sticking when it's on 3?

sounds like the runout switch is opening at 3 for some reason ... maybe it's barely closing when the reel is non-zero?

1 year later
#4 3 months ago

if you jumper the WH-RD and YE wires on the player 2 1000 reel runout switch, does that prevent the reel from sticking when it's on 3?

Yes, jumping the WH-RD and YE wires makes the reel run past 3. And it took me this long to respond because I finally got the score motor to work. That took me almost a year to figure out.

#5 3 months ago

Looking at the score reel in action, it does not appear that the runout switch is open. could it be something else?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/non-resetting-score-reel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.