Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    24D7C261-834D-401D-A6EF-AD1AB4CB736B (resized).jpeg
    PAGG14 (resized).jpg
    B601C0A8-A05D-4D97-A304-847E360E771E (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

So we sold a set of decals to a Pinsider, and due to Coronavirus Australia Post sent all mail by sea instead of Air, due to limited flights International,
    The Buyer filed a Paypal Dispute and received a refund.

However the buyer has since received the decals and refuses to pay for them or return them Even at my Expense.

Says i should put it down to a cost of Doing Business and also states he won't go and wait in a line to post it back even with me offering to pay the shipping,

I understand Coronavirus is out of our Control and postage delays, However at least if i get the decals back I can use them or sell them elsewhere.

I have already Paid Planetary Pinball License fees and Paramount License fees on the licensed Artwork.

I thought we are all in this together Maybe NOT?

#2 3 years ago

I think this pinsider should return your decals/payment with an apology, after all you are not responsible for how slow or the means by which overseas mail is handled.
    You also might consider naming said pinsider but at the same time I fully understand your reluctance to do so as it will in all likelihood just add to the problem. Hope this works out and you at the least get those decals returned in lieu of payment.

Russ

#3 3 years ago

Isn’t that just stealing?

#4 3 years ago

you would think that companies like PayPal would take the longer freight times into consideration

#5 3 years ago

I am done shipping anything overseas, everything i ship gets the old did not receive and have to give back the money and no items are returned. California is another place i hate to ship to, This state seems to be there gateway as they say they have a USA address but it ships to a shipping company that then ships the item overseas and boom you get scammed and paypal does nothing for you. So i say fuck international shipping on anything. In the times we are in now, You will get scammed, It just seems like they want to scam every American they can. So as i said no more international shipping for me.

#6 3 years ago

Nothing wrong wiTh naming the pinsider and letting them tell their side of the story. Make sure you have screenshots of your communication wiTh them. As you described in your original post, yes this is just stealing.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

So we sold a set of decals to a Pinsider, and due to Coronavirus Australia Post sent all mail by sea instead of Air, due to limited flights International,
    The Buyer filed a Paypal Dispute and received a refund.
    However the buyer has since received the decals and refuses to pay for them or return them Even at my Expense.
    Says i should put it down to a cost of Doing Business and also states he won't go and wait in a line to post it back even with me offering to pay the shipping,
    I understand Coronavirus is out of our Control and postage delays, However at least if i get the decals back I can use them or sell them elsewhere.
    I have already Paid Planetary Pinball License fees and Paramount License fees on the licensed Artwork.
    I thought we are all in this together Maybe NOT?

Please name this piece of garbage.
    He’s a thief and has some balls telling you it’s the “cost of doing business.”

#8 3 years ago

I guess it's not related to all oversea located pinsiders. If I look over the see, the US guys sit oversea's so it's just a question of view angle but I can remember (as most of you) very well to the situation Mad Amusement did with many "overseas" Europe located pinsiders ... So it's not related to oversea's it's releated to dedicated non trustable individuals ....

You should put him to the black list with his name ...

#9 3 years ago

You should give him a last chance to return your item or out his name, seems fair.

#10 3 years ago

#paytheballypinball

#11 3 years ago

Name the party.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

You should give him a last chance to return your item or out his name, seems fair.

Post #1 was the warning shot IMHO.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Post #1 was the warning shot IMHO.

seems apparent

Also should seem obvious to the 'buyer' that they need to just pay for the decals

Assuming they arrived in good condition... you wanted them and they just took longer.
    Returning them is not enough... just pay the man for what you bought.

I do completely understand you filing paypal dispute after not getting them for this long, but now that you got them it is time to change course and send payment again.

#14 3 years ago

Says i should put it down to a cost of Doing Business

Just a total scum thing to do.

#15 3 years ago

i know this song. someone wake me when the buyer jumps in here.

#16 3 years ago

Ugh. This is a pretty shitty move, I would urge buyer to re-pay you for the decals. Or send them back.

I had some orders shipped out from the Pinside T-shirt Shop and they took literally more than a month to print and ship, due to Covid. It sucks. I apologize to the buyers (everyone is cool about it thus far) but there's not more I can do about it.

Ballypinball If you want, PM me their details/username and I will mediate in this. If the story went like you told it (including that "cost of doing business" message), this sounds like a person we shouldn't have on Pinside.

#17 3 years ago

People are too impatient these days. They come right up on your ass when driving, so I just drive slower.

#18 3 years ago

Please do us all a favor and name this Pinsider so we can avoid him in the future. Please and Thank you.

#19 3 years ago

This right here says volumes about the person in question.

#20 3 years ago

I recently ordered a spray gun cleaning kit and was accidentally sent a $300 spray gun instead. I called their support and they immediately sent me the kit which I got the next day (FedEx to Canada is awesome). Then the next day I got return labels and I sent it back. Yeah I had to drop it off at Staples BFD. Courtesy goes both ways.

#21 3 years ago

Some people..

#22 3 years ago

I will say that as much as this post is a warning shot to the 'buyer', I dont really care for the ambiguous title which calls into question a handful of people that likely fit in to the category of "well known pinsider"

I understand the utility of these posts and the desire of Bally to put out the very public warning, but it also raises question on others as people make theri own conclusions.

Better off to either:
    1. Just post their name and let them tell their side of the story
    or
    2. PM them to say you will out them if they dont pay by EOB today.

Now that you have posted the thread... probably best to just out them here.

JMHO

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Just post their name and let them tell their side of the story

This is the "get my bucket of popcorn" option

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Yes, and the "cost of doing business" nonsense is insult to injury! (Why are there so many sociopaths in pinball, anyway?)

Quoted from Brtlkat:

I am done shipping anything overseas, everything i ship gets the old did not receive and have to give back the money and no items are returned. California is another place i hate to ship to, This state seems to be there gateway as they say they have a USA address but it ships to a shipping company that then ships the item overseas and boom you get scammed and paypal does nothing for you. So i say fuck international shipping on anything. In the times we are in now, You will get scammed, It just seems like they want to scam every American they can. So as i said no more international shipping for me.

I was recently screwed out of almost $300 on an international transaction, so I feel your pain and have made the same decision. Even when things ultimately work out, it always feels like the process requires more effort (and anxiety) than it should. I agree it does seem lately that the name of the game is to scam Americans at every opportunity; we have become international pariahs, and it's "open season"!

#25 3 years ago

I ordered from PSPA in early April, they shipped my order the next day and I was advised by tracking that my order was redirected to go by sea as there was limited airline space. My order arrived first week of August. Sad state of affairs for sure , however not the fault of PSPA.
    If this behaviour continues and access is reduced for parts we cant get local it closes the door for many people in need.
    Paypal sucks....
    This pinsider got what he ordered, still refusing to pay or return at shippers expense is flat out theft!
    Posted above an other supplier already will not ship because of the risk, hope this doesn't become an other new normal!
    You got what you ordered, pay the man!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Yes, everybody living abroad is spending day and night to come up with evil plans to screw americans

#27 3 years ago

Some people seem to have lost the self pride feeling. I have received orders before where I would receive 2 of something when ordering just 1. I always call and leave it up to the seller to determine what they want to do with the extra merchandise. As far as I'm concerned it's not mine unless I paid for it. This is a shitty move and the "cost of doing business" angle is just them saying I want something for free.

#28 3 years ago

We need names or your post is useless.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agreed.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Giving the Buyer the chance to do the right thing, we will soon see

#31 3 years ago
    B601C0A8-A05D-4D97-A304-847E360E771E (resized).jpegB601C0A8-A05D-4D97-A304-847E360E771E (resized).jpeg
    #32 3 years ago

Great to see Robin offer help here.
    I prefer doing my pin deals over PM so there is a record of what was agreed.
    Then there is at least some recourse to the other party if they decide not to abide.
    Maybe not a legal recourse, but at least the shame on Pinside.

#33 3 years ago

He already has been given a chance by the seller who has even offered to ship them back on his own dime which is not a trifling sum for overseas shipping.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budwin:

Great to see Robin offer help here.
    I prefer doing my pin deals over PM so there is a record of what was agreed.
    Then there is at least some recourse to the other party if they decide not to abide.
    Maybe not a legal recourse, but at least the shame on Pinside.

There’s no name. So nothing is going to happen.

#35 3 years ago

Personally I think you are a "class act" trying every way you can to just get paid for your item without it turning into a "shit show" of "he said this or did that wrong". To me not giving out the purchasers name just shows you are trying to be "more than fair" and just asking to be paid for the item you sold.

With that said I would send the buyer a nice little note and let him know he has 48 hours to make things right or you will post his information.

#36 3 years ago

Let's hold off with the pitchforks. I have sent the Pinsider in question a PM with a fair offer (IMHO) so hopefully this matter can be resolved behind the scenes.

Knowing the facts, I feel both parties have a point in their current "standoff", but I tried to mediate a solution which I think is fair (as a non-involved party).

For those asking why I'm even getting involved? Sometimes I like to mediate in these issues, especially when they involve good Pinsiders. Other than that, keeping the peace on Pinside is complete and utter self-serving.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

. OK,during these shitty times, check this out; Wife and I had airline tickets paid for to N.Y. to meet my brothers and sisters in May I never knew cause I'm adopted!! United Airlines told us the flight was cancelled and we had 2 years to rebook! Well we tried and ALL flights to N.Y.were full!! SO,the airlines told us they WOULD NOT refund our money cause if they did.nt steal this money from everybody who booked, they would be in financial ruin!! We called our attorney,and disputed the charge with the credit card we used ! No go!! we lost $2800 with no flight to N.Y.!! So don't cry over a few bucks when other folks are being ripped off for thousands with just a "I'm so sorry"!!!

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

. OK,during these shitty times, check this out; Wife and I had airline tickets paid for to N.Y. to meet my brothers and sisters in May I never knew cause I'm adopted!! United Airlines told us the flight was cancelled and we had 2 years to rebook! Well we tried and ALL flights to N.Y.were full!! SO,the airlines told us they WOULD NOT refund our money cause if they did.nt steal this money from everybody who booked, they would be in financial ruin!! We called our attorney,and disputed the charge with the credit card we used ! No go!! we lost $2800 with no flight to N.Y.!! So don't cry over a few bucks when other folks are being ripped off for thousands with just a "I'm so sorry"!!!

I'm confused...all flights to NY for the next two years are full?

#39 3 years ago

I agree, that a bit of time, that the buyer may see this thread and make good....and least thats my hope.
    The Public shaming and ridicule method, while effective, is an issue that drives people away from the site.
    Sure, he is wrong, and 200 posts of shame, slander, name calling, would work, but maybe not the right way for all
    issues.

For timing and Postal. Yesterday, I received a shipment from China, mailed in February.
    Australia to US took 3 months, and Packages I have sent to England, France, and AU, have taken 3-4 months
    to get there. In all but one case, the recipients were angry, and felt entitled to free stuff.

Its the world today, but its also domestic, with people complaining of 2 weeks for regular mail.
    There ARE reasons for this, and one should see what the stories are regarding the New Post Master, and Political Games
    in the News.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I feel both parties have a point in their current "standoff

With respect and information supplied.

Parts ordered and paid for, chargeback issued because of slow shipping due to global pandemic, shipper willing to pay and wait for product return.
    Sounds like the seller is right in this situation.
    Unless information is missing, sounds like someone here turned a situation to self gain a free set of decals

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Let's hold off with the pitchforks. I have sent the Pinsider in question a PM with a fair offer (IMHO) so hopefully this matter can be resolved behind the scenes.
    Knowing the facts, I feel both parties have a point in their current "standoff", but I tried to mediate a solution which I think is fair (as a non-involved party).
    For those asking why I'm even getting involved? Sometimes I like to mediate in these issues, especially when they involve good Pinsiders. Other than that, keeping the peace on Pinside is complete and utter self-serving.

Any chance you can explain the other persons point? Thanks for stepping in.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Public shaming and ridicule method, while effective, is an issue that drives people away from the site.
    Sure, he is wrong, and 200 posts of shame, slander, name calling, would work, but maybe not the right way for all
    issues.

You're right. I myself try to not get carried away with the mob mentality. But if what was said is true, especially the cost of doing business part, I think it resonates with people because most of us have been in the same situation. Not trying to justify it, but I think it strikes a nerve especially with people who have been burned on deals by faceless persons.

Regardless of the outcome, I think people would like to have the choice of not being able to do any future business with a person based on the fact that they once tried to rip someone off and thought they could get away with it.

There are people I know and I am acquainted and cordial with, but I would never do deals with them based on practices or things that I do not agree with.

#43 3 years ago

I don't know why it would have to remain a secret if this gets resolved. I still wouldn't want to do business with someone that says things like this as their initial response before they get called out. If the pressure works and this gets resolved, cool, but then it's on to the next sucker.

#44 3 years ago

Since now all Pinsiders are suspect and under the cloud of suspicion let me be the first of many to say it wasn't me.

PAGG14 (resized).jpgPAGG14 (resized).jpg
    #45 3 years ago

Not it!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:Since now all Pinsiders are suspect and under the cloud of suspicion let me be the first of many to say it wasn't me.[quoted image]

It wasn’t me either, but I am going to be writing a book on how I would of done had I done it, even though I didn’t do it.
    24D7C261-834D-401D-A6EF-AD1AB4CB736B (resized).jpeg24D7C261-834D-401D-A6EF-AD1AB4CB736B (resized).jpeg

#47 3 years ago

Wasn't me. I'm a flat earther, so I don't believe Australia actually exist.

#48 3 years ago

Many thanks to Robin, the matter has been resolved and i have received a paypal payment

#49 3 years ago

I'm not well known so I know it wasn't me.

#50 3 years ago
    tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/non-paying-well-known-pinsider?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.