Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dri
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What are the odds that you can get hold of a Tron Pro HUO or lightly routed for less than $4500'ish? Most Trons I see these days have been turned into little neat and tidy doll houses with random bits and bobs and asking well above 6K. I miss my Tron dearly but can't be asked paying more than I got the NIB for.

#2 6 years ago

Until they come out with a Tron Pro VE these, even bone stock, will probably remain over $5K

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

. I miss my Tron dearly but can't be asked paying more than I got the NIB for.

Looks like you won't be owning a tron

#4 6 years ago

The VE will come.

Grab one of those. I'm a previous Tron owner as well and I will wait patiently.

#5 6 years ago

What is VE?

#6 6 years ago

Vault Edition...which is what Stern just ran with Ironman

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Looks like you won't be owning a tron

Hogwash. If he's patient, he'll come across one. Not everyone checks for all prior sales before pricing their games.

#8 6 years ago

Best bet would be a routed one. I myself am just waiting for a VE or another run. If it happens I'll buy one. If not, I wont ever own a Tron as I also refuse to pay the prices they are going for now. I'm OK with lusting over Tron and never owning if it comes to that.

#9 6 years ago

A VE would be sweet indeed!

Patience...

#10 6 years ago

Isn't the disney license up? If they don't have the license they can't remake it.....

#11 6 years ago

If/when they do a VE, it will be 4800+...that's why I just pulled the trigger when I found a good bone stock HUO at a reasonable price.

They're out there, but not many un-modded games left at all....

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Isn't the disney license up? If they don't have the license they can't remake it.....

Thing about rights holders is, they like granting licenses since it makes them money. So it seems likely the license could be renewed easily enough if it is indeed lapsed.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

A VE would be sweet indeed!
Patience...

We're in this together!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thing about rights holders is, they like granting licenses since it makes them money. So it seems likely the license could be renewed easily enough if it is indeed lapsed.

true ya, but disney can be a bag of dicks. Is there a way for us, the public, to look up license holder stuff?

#15 6 years ago

I bought a VERY lightly routed (if I told you it was HUO you'd believe me) Tron last October for $3750.

I also sold a HUO Tron this past spring for $4500

Deals are out there, don't believe the hype

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I bought a VERY lightly routed (if I told you it was HUO you'd believe me) Tron last October for $3750.

I agree, you just have to be patient, I love tron so I traded for mine but I think $4K - $4.5K for an unmoded Tron is doable.

#17 6 years ago

Yep. Be patient. Low ball every seller and in the next 2-3 years you'll get your score. Meantime the rest of us will be playing our trons.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I could teach you herbertbsharp's patented breathing, buying and selling techniques but it would cost you! And no sandwich and Shasta either.

Keep dreaming, no Tron for under $4K unless routed to the extreme or extreme fire sale where someone had to sell and had no choice. $4.5k possibly I could see with minimal mods but would definitely not be the norm.

#19 6 years ago

I think the price for a HUO unmodded Tron Pro is $5k. Because that's what I have, and if I were in the market to sell, that's what I'd price it at.

Any TRON under $4K or even at $4k would likely have a large amount of plays on it.

People are talking about 'vault edition' versions of this game but even at the last run, when I got my game, the availability of new games didn't cause a bunch of $4K Trons to come available. In some examples where the new price and the used price are similar the used price doesn't budge because people don't want those games when they can get new games for just a little more. When I was deciding to buy my game, there was a local TRON that had a large play count that I was considering making an offer on, but when I could get a new one for a reasonable price from a trusted distributor (Thanks PinballMike217 !) , it was a no brainer to get new. Glad I did, because the last run had ramp protectors, etc.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I think the price for a HUO unmodded Tron Pro is $5k. Because that's what I have, and if I were in the market to sell, that's what I'd price it at.
Any TRON under $4K or even at $4k would likely have a large amount of plays on it.
People are talking about 'vault edition' versions of this game but even at the last run, when I got my game, the availability of new games didn't cause a bunch of $4K Trons to come available. .

This is a good point.

I haven't seen a lot of (any) original Iron Man games priced anywhere near there either.

#21 6 years ago

Keep saving and buy it again. It sucks to pay more now but you know it is a winner. Why not if you have the cash you would do the same with machine X when it comes out next.

Someone is going to get out the inflation calculator soon.

#22 6 years ago

Thanks all for your thoughts. I decided to place my bets on a VE which I don't find too unreasonable. If it never shows up I learned a lesson.

I just put an order in on a Star Trek Premium to lick my wounds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside