Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PBGLASS.JPG
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Watching this thread with interest ... though most of my games already have Invisiglass.

#52 9 years ago

Watching this thread also and waiting for the reviews and any professional measurements conducted to back up the claims also.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

FYI: Single side coated glass will have a reflective rate somewhere >2%.
    Please consider also that there is light refraction and distortion from the other (not coated) side.
    Glass for museums needs different specs than for pinball where the glass is elevated.
    If your friend can disable physical laws he's a genius.
    Good Luck with your venture and please let me know if I'm wrong.

I understand what you are trying to say but this part is over the top since there are already 2 products on the market that do what he is trying to do.

"If your friend can disable physical laws he's a genius."

Also this part I don't understand -
    "Glass for museums needs different specs than for pinball where the glass is elevated."

Every Museum I've gone to has exhibits where they have glass over something on display. Yeah, the majority are standing up but I see exhibits all the time where there is something below a sheet of glass that is laying flat.

I guess I just have a hard time comprehending why so many say this guy can't get this done when we already know it's possible (I.E. invisiglass and PDI glass). If it wasn't possible we wouldn't have those products. Are all those that think this can't be done also the same people that 20 years ago thought that you would never be able to afford a home PC? Technology changes rapidly and things that used to be impossible or extremely expensive can be done and done cheaply if the right process is found. Not saying it will get done but to make a stance it's impossible just seems a bit off based.

#54 9 years ago

I know Mr68 - If he reviews it and says it's good then I am in too. Good luck and I look forward to hearing more...

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I guess I just have a hard time comprehending why so many say this guy can't get this done when we already know it's possible (I.E. invisiglass and PDI glass). If it wasn't possible we wouldn't have those products.

I think you missed his point: "Single side coated glass will have a reflective rate somewhere >2%.
    Please consider also that there is light refraction and distortion from the other (not coated) side".

He's not saying its impossible, he just believes the OP's described glass will not compare to PDI or Invisaglass. MagicJumpi is well aware of PDI glass as he is the innovator of it.

That said, some may now believe his opinion is prejudiced. That's understandable.

So once again, I will volunteer my money and effort to test this glass. I will compare it to my existing sheets of PDI, Invisaglass, Starphire or museum glass. And I will have a gathering of Pinside judges to evaluate.

Many thanks to those who have spoken here and placed their trust in me.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I think you missed his point: "Single side coated glass will have a reflective rate somewhere >2%.
    Please consider also that there is light refraction and distortion from the other (not coated) side".
    He's not saying its impossible, he just believes the OP's described glass will not compare to PDI or Invisaglass. MagicJumpi is well aware of PDI glass as he is the innovator of it.
    That said, some may now believe his opinion is prejudiced. That's understandable.
    So once again, I will volunteer my money and effort to test this glass. I will compare it to my existing sheets of PDI, Invisaglass, Starphire or museum glass. And I will have a gathering of Pinside judges to evaluate.
    Many thanks to those who have spoken here and placed their trust in me.

Very cool, a panel review for a product. This has to be a Pinside first.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Also this part I don't understand -
    "Glass for museums needs different specs than for pinball where the glass is elevated."

The following video shows the difference between 4 different glass samples with different color and coating properties.

The first sample on the left is a regular green float glass and you can see that when it's elevated that there is no color shift (green tint).
    This might be the reason why the OP stated that PDI glass has a color shift. In a picture frame (museum) YES, on a pinball machine NO.

Quoted from 85vett:

I guess I just have a hard time comprehending why so many say this guy can't get this done when we already know it's possible (I.E. invisiglass and PDI glass). If it wasn't possible we wouldn't have those products.

There are some slight differences if you coat glass and yes, it can be done but with different results.
    The following chart shows the technical part and the video the practical.
    PBGLASS.JPGPBGLASS.JPG

Thank you Mr68 for volunteering and for helping those who don't know the products yet to build their opinion based on a trustworthy source.

2 weeks later
    #58 8 years ago

Just a thought, OP, but before doing a significant run consider getting a few sheets of your product out to trusted Pinsiders (like Mr68 or others that have posted detailed PDI/Invisiglass comparisons) that have machines with PDI and/or Invisiglass installed so they can do a direct comparison of the products. If yours comes back as good as PDI (or even reasonably close) then I think you've got a good shot at some serious sales coming in at half the cost.

However if your product is better than normal glass but still significantly less impressive than PDI/Invisiglass, I'd think carefully about your market -- there may not be a huge group of buyers for something half the price of PDI but only half as good.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Our glass is rated for horizontal and vertical applications. We do have sales - at times - buy one get one half price, etc.

If only you had more of these sales. I've bought the last two times you had this sale...drops the price to $225 a sheet.

6 months later
    #60 8 years ago

Old thread - any updates?

#61 8 years ago

A lot of us were following this just in case.
    I'm sure reality crept in on this one.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/non-glare-playfield-glass-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.