(Topic ID: 59546)

Non Glare Glass

By sawyerfamilyaz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81F3rc-Y3HL.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I bought an HUO machine this weekend and the seller said it has "Non Glare Glass." It was his only pin and he had it installed by someone who also did the speakers and LEDs, so he didn't know much about it. This glass is amazing, I almost feel like touching it to make sure it is really there.

Does anyone have any specs for this type of glass? I don't think it is Invisiglass but who knows? My company deals with a glass manufacturer. I would like to put it on my other pin and I bet I can get something very similar at wholesale or less if I knew what it was.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

My company deals with a glass manufacturer.

Probably best to get your answer there. Only non glare I know of is invisiglass.

#3 10 years ago

There is also PDI glass, Invisiglass has a logo on the lower left corner. Pop off the lockdown bar and you should see it...

#4 10 years ago

PDI or Invisglass....both are good.....careful w/ the cleaning.....

#5 10 years ago

What to know about the cleaning?

#6 10 years ago

What to know about the cleaning?

Grab a bottle of Sparkle and go easy on it, I got these nice round microfiber pads from the local auto store.

81F3rc-Y3HL.jpg81F3rc-Y3HL.jpg

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I got these nice round microfiber pads from the local auto store.

Me too! Autozone had 3 for ~$6. Except mine were square. You get 33% more pizza, I mean pad that way.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Grab a bottle of Sparkle and go easy on it, I got these nice round microfiber pads from the local auto store.

Interesting note on cleaning and using the microfiber pad:

I use sparkle as well and thought the sparkle had damaged my glass (even though it was the one recommended to use) as multiple little specs appeared on the glass and I couldn't clean them off.

Turns out, the problem was not the sparkle but rather the microfiber pad didn't have enough friction to get the specs off . . . I changed to a sheep skin and that has worked better but still sometimes a simple paper towel is needed to remove the specs.

#9 10 years ago

As another aside, I don't think there is any glass that is truly non-glare glass. It is just reduced glare glass. I don't remember the exact numbers but regular glass is something like 93% transparent while PDI glass or Invisiglass is 99.3% transparent.

I get more reflection off my playfield than I do from the Invisiglass. It is really cool stuff.

#10 10 years ago

Oh PFFFFT, If you want small lint all up on your invisiglass try it the southern way.... Ugh...

edit- I do have glare guards on everything, even RFM, that helps big time as well

#11 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help. I am glad I mentioned it!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh PFFFFT, If you want small lint all up on your invisiglass try it the southern way.... Ugh...

You got to take the belt and suspenders approach. Use the paper towel to get rid of the specs and then follow it up with the micro fiber.

#13 10 years ago

60% Alcohol and 40% water is much cheaper and does a much better job. However, do not take a paper towel to it...LOL

#14 10 years ago

there's no such thing as no glare glass. None of them work 100% or even 60%.

#15 10 years ago

low iron glass is a clearer "whiter" glass, don't know if it is as good as invisiglass.

#16 10 years ago

I use PDI's glass cleaner w/ microfiber cloth....works great on my eyeglasses too.....have no idea what's in it.....but as expensive as that glass is, it's " by the book" for me......my Wife "cleaned" TAF glass once with regular windex.....it put some kind of film on it, which took me forever to get off...

#17 10 years ago

It is Invisiglass, it has the logo in the corner. I dont know whether it works 100% or 60% or 5% but it is great and really makes it look very good.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

How aboot using newspaper?

#19 10 years ago

It is Invisiglass, it has the logo in the corner. I dont know whether it works 100% or 60% or 5% but it is great and really makes it look very good.

That's great sawyerfamilyaz, I'am just east on hwy 60 from ya. Good to see another local on this site. Which pin is the invisiglass on?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Good to see another local on this site. Which pin is the invisiglass on?

Iron Man

#21 10 years ago

wdpvideo, any update on your glass ??

#22 10 years ago

i just received 2 sheets of invisiglass from the sale at jjp last month and i had no logo on either. maybe someone else who ordered recently could chime in if the logo was present or not for their order?

#23 10 years ago

sawyerfamilyaz you should give my glass a try. Since you are local to me I would even do a money back guarantee if you didn't like it. pinballglass.com

#24 10 years ago

no logo on the three sheets I got either.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/non-glare-glass-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.