• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

Just installed a brand new LED kit from cointakers for my star wars data east. It looks awesome BUT there are about 4 leds in the inserts that are ghosting! I already did the 180 turn on them and still same problem. Has anyone experienced this before? Why would they be ghosting if they are non-ghosting leds. Already confirmed with cointakers that those particular leds are in fact non-ghosting. Any suggestions or any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Are the four LEDs that are ghosting connected to a similar row or column on the light matrix? if so, look for a shorted/missing/backward diode on that particular row/column.

#3 3 years ago

Did Cointaker offer to replace them?

#4 3 years ago

OH and I would try them in other inserts to see if it moves with the LEDs.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

Are the four LEDs that are ghosting connected to a similar row or column on the light matrix? if so, look for a shorted/missing/backward diode on that particular row/column.

They quit ghosting the next day I installed them! Don't know how or why but they look great with NO ghosting!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did Cointaker offer to replace them?

Yes they offered to replace them and there was no need because they quit ghosting the very next day! They look awesome! Thanks

#7 3 years ago

I am sure it was my machine and not the actual LEDs tho. Really happy!

#8 3 years ago

If any of you want pictures or a video let me know. The machine looks awesome! Really recommend this kit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside