Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Loving my new Spirit. Not loving the very noisy motor. When I searched for answers, a Pinside topic came of which you started a couple years ago with no real answer. When searching motors, I saw a number of Amazon options for 12V 2 and 3 RPM motors with gears. I especially think the worm gear motors would be quieter, as there are less gears involved, and they are contained within a metal box. Not sure what voltage is fed to the current motor, but I could always tie into 12V DC somewhere, or ever put in a separate 12V power supply. Anyone know of a good aftermarket motor which would fit/work in a Spirit?

Thank You, to anybody with a good answer.

Dana

#2 2 years ago

Additional note: I have found someone to rebuild my motor. However, I am reluctant to do so, as I have heard that even rebuilt motors can still be noisy, and if they don't, they will in a year to two.

#3 2 years ago

Not sure if Spirit uses the same motor as Black Hole? If so, I remembered a few TNT videos where Todd was talking about a replacement Black Hole motor he found on eBay.

This is the motor he links to in the video description: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-DC-2RPM-Replacement-Torque-Gear-Box-Motor-/330889093199

Here's the part of the video where he talks a little about the motor, followed by Frank's typical wisecracks :

#4 2 years ago

There is a Grainger motor that can be put into BH, I've actually done it on more then one BH but that was years ago and I don't know if that motor is still available or not. But if memory serves me right it couldn't be used on Spirit as I think the voltage was different or something....? Have you check with PBR like I told you?

John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/noisy-spirit-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.