Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5E1D36C-CEB9-481B-AD58-33AD125B6F31 (resized).jpeg
rejoice (resized).png
Node8FrontLowerLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8Back.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 6 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I totally get why you're peeved, so don't take this response as flippant or disrespectful. The answer to this question is super simple: because buyers are willing to pay more and more while accepting less and less.
The proof is in the pudding.

Well said. It's like Gary is the opposite of the Onion's Gillette CEO. https://www.theonion.com/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-1819584036

Change five drops to standups? F it, we're going with ONE GIANT STANDUP and Pinside will still call the Pro "loaded"!

#243 5 months ago

The big unknown here is the wholesale cost of replacement node boards for Stern. How much profit are they making on each unrepairable node board?

#278 5 months ago

Is the (presumably huge) profit margin Stern makes on these replacement boards worth the loss of customer goodwill? What's the unit cost to Stern of these?

1 week later
#655 5 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I didn't read this whole thread, but just sharing my problem.
I bought a shaker motor from Stern and installed it on my Iron Maiden. It wouldn't work. Diagnosis? Cabinet node board is faulty. Out of warranty and not even 5 months old. How was I supposed to know the board was faulty until I installed the shaker motor? I won't say I'll never buy another Stern, but I'm taking it into serious consideration in the future that they don't support their products.

I would tell your distributor you are not buying any more games until they replace the node board. As long as people keep pouring money into the games they have no incentive to provide better warranty support.

#661 5 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I don't get how this is the distributor's problem really. Stern is the one making a faulty product and refusing to support it. Is the distributor going to lean on Stern to get the part for free or are they going to eat the cost themselves?

It's a distributor's problem if people stop buying games from them because of the fickle, poorly-warranteed nature of the product. And it's distributors who have Stern's ear to fix things, because that's where Stern gets paid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Allentown, PA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside