Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5E1D36C-CEB9-481B-AD58-33AD125B6F31 (resized).jpeg
rejoice (resized).png
Node8FrontLowerLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8Back.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#584 5 months ago

I wonder if there is any link to boards that fail are games with shakers ?

#589 5 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Go on.... I'm interested.

just curious if having a shaker installed in the game is contributing heavily failed node / playfield mounted boards - wonder if there is a pattern...

started a poll
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-node-board-poll#post-4817975

#625 5 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

At tech talk at PRGE last summer, Stern personnel specifically called this out as one of the causes.

of course Stern would say that as they are not going to admit that there are design flaws in their own boards, otherwise imagine the massive recall / replacement program

Stern will never admit they have design issues

#687 5 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

In Australia consumers are covered nationwide by the "Australian Consumer Guarantee" , for ANY item they buy worth less than $40k.
ANY item.
This applies outside and completely independent of warranties provided.
Yet to be tested out with the pinball industry here yet HIGH success rate for consumers across ALL other industries.
Time will tell how this plays out - but known faults that are previously documented (like NODE board problems ) always slant to the consumers favour in the eyes of the bodies that make the decisions.

I bought a B66 late last year from the Aus Distributor but my first alarm bell was they did not repack eafter inspecting (and in hind sight should of checked better there), I got it home and set up and in better light identified decals bubbling in a few areas, plunger off at a odd angle etc and worst of all bubbling of clearcoat / art near the apron, slings and posts just above the slings.

They disagreed with some of the issues but said if I didn't want it to bring it back at my cost which at $200 each way for transport was worth it so to get my $12.5k back for the game. No option to fix, replace the playfield and can't say they were polite on returning either but I wasn't a jerk or unreasonable.

At the time and prior I said if Munsters comes I definitely want it and they put me on the list, BUT now crickets - they no longer want to sell me a STERN pinball. I wasn't a difficult customer and accepted the game not being re-boxed as requested for pickup etc and would of accepted a replacement playfield. Sadly from that experience no apologies and no interest to sell me any new games.

So in the scheme of Aussie rights they were fairly good though I should of been fixed up for the freight but I was not difficult or a pain as I wanted to keep good relations for the future, but obviously they don't see me as a customer anymore, so I don't have to worry about NIB anymore.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside