Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

I swear George Gomez said that Stern would be releasing schematics on Spike node boards way back during Expo 2017 or something. I just remember reading this in passing and not paying too much attention to it other than thinking "Good". However, so far nothing has happened in regards to schematics, which makes me think that Stern has back tracked on this comment by Gomez, as they'd rather sell new boards at insane mark-ups than have schematics out there that might assist people in making their own repairs (if people are brave enough with surface mount work) or assist competitors in making more cost effective aftermarket replacement boards.

Someone has got schematics on them, as it would seem that Stern employees designed them and then supplied them to a board manufacturer that made the boards.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And I could really benefit from another series of Soundcloud court hearings. Those were some of my best days at work over the past few years.

I also look forward to pictures of the backs of any ne'er do wells associated with any potential scandals at play here.

2 weeks later
#259 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I had a bad nodeboard in my Ghostbusters last year and my friend fixed it. He replaced 2 components.
I must say that he is a pro but he told me it wasn't very difficult to change them.
It costed me 3 euro's or so...

How was he able to diagnose which components were bad? Were they visibly "toasted"? Your friend could be a pretty popular guy over the next decade or so.

1 week later
#363 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

he’s throwing around phrases like “planned obsolescence” for Spike games

In almost 50 years of living, I've found out that obsolescence happens on a frequent basis, whether it's planned or unplanned.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m pretty much right there with you... know what you mean.

He’s saying that it’s planned. And he’s also indicating there’s a good shot that spike games could simply become paper weights due to a poorly conceived system... one that they might be showing a commitment to supporting 8-10 years out. That’s a serious accusation against a company that’s selling high dollar value items to collectors.

I’d certainly like to hear why Stern has to say about this.

I'd like to hear what Stern has to say as well. We had George Gomez giving a speech about the supposed benefits of the Spike system at it's introduction, and then he also mentioned that we'd be getting schematics (more than once), but that has not happened to this point, which concerns me. I would be interested in hearing what Stern has to say about their Spike system in retrospect, knowing what they know now, and answering some hardball questions, but what if they're actually displeased with Spike and the warranty repair issues it's had with board failures (and having to send out replacement boards and having to make system revisions on the fly). There's no way I can see them getting up in front of all of us and saying publicly "Sorry guys, we f*cked up here". They'd have to spin it so as to not cause panic among their best customers.

I also don't know how you could prove the planned obsolescence thing, unless you had some documentation of a Stern staff meeting where they were specifically talking about it as part of a plan. Without that, how could you prove obsolescence was on purpose and not just a natural technical evolution.

Man... it's too early in the morning to be using such long words repeatedly.

#443 5 years ago

Hey you two. Keep it down. LOL

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Any of you folks live up north?

Oooooooo.... I live up North, Ice. It's friggin' cold yo!

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t like the term “node board”

What else can we come up with?

Shit Sticks?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/node-boards-some-new-bullshit?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.