Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5E1D36C-CEB9-481B-AD58-33AD125B6F31 (resized).jpeg
rejoice (resized).png
Node8FrontLowerLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8Back.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#695 5 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I bought a B66 late last year from the Aus Distributor but my first alarm bell was they did not repack eafter inspecting (and in hind sight should of checked better there), I got it home and set up and in better light identified decals bubbling in a few areas, plunger off at a odd angle etc and worst of all bubbling of clearcoat / art near the apron, slings and posts just above the slings.
They disagreed with some of the issues but said if I didn't want it to bring it back at my cost which at $200 each way for transport was worth it so to get my $12.5k back for the game. No option to fix, replace the playfield and can't say they were polite on returning either but I wasn't a jerk or unreasonable.
At the time and prior I said if Munsters comes I definitely want it and they put me on the list, BUT now crickets - they no longer want to sell me a STERN pinball. I wasn't a difficult customer and accepted the game not being re-boxed as requested for pickup etc and would of accepted a replacement playfield. Sadly from that experience no apologies and no interest to sell me any new games.
So in the scheme of Aussie rights they were fairly good though I should of been fixed up for the freight but I was not difficult or a pain as I wanted to keep good relations for the future, but obviously they don't see me as a customer anymore, so I don't have to worry about NIB anymore.....

Should have kicked up about that freight expense in hindsight.

ACL states the retailer must cover transport costs or the retailer must collect it themselves at their expense in return claims when the item is too large and it would be unreasonable for the consumer to bear the cost of returning it.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have one Stern distro in Australia. The guy who made that video was buying games from another distro in the USA and importing them in to Australia and selling the games NIB himself. By passing the Aust distro that pays for the privelidge.

Don't forget the key part. He was selling them for below AMD pricing and still turning a profit on each unit sold to the end consumer.

Quoted from Durzel:

Having one distro for an entire country seems a bit sketchy to me? Or is that typical?
Curiously a lot of pages that used to exist on Stern's website are no longer available... e.g. https://sternpinball.com/find-a-commercial-distributor, https://sternpinball.com/buy/commercial-distributors

Aussie pinball scene is a golden goose for Stern given retail versus wholesale.

Quoted from Durzel:

I know of at least 2 official ones. Hard to say for sure since Stern have pulled the distributor page. I can't find it anywhere on their website anymore.
EDIT: I might be thinking of retailers. There's at least 3 retailers, and it seems Electrocoin appears to be the exclusive distributor in the UK, so perhaps the Aussie situation isn't unusual.

You might be thinking of an agent versus a distributor. We have one distro and two agents for Stern.

Key point being is that agents cannot set or sell their retail NIB price below AMD distros so if you are buying from any "authorised" Stern distribution channel in Australia it is the equivalent of supporting a price fixing monopoly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside