Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5E1D36C-CEB9-481B-AD58-33AD125B6F31 (resized).jpeg
rejoice (resized).png
Node8FrontLowerLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8Back.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s where my Ghostbusters mate was at.
He was looking at 3x node boards that would *maybe* fix the issue.
Circa $800 bucks (NZ) for 3 boards, shipped.
Because of 21c of blown parts.
Lucky Jeremy was around.
End result, the guy is going to sell the GB and is scared off buying any more newer pins.
rd

I haven't bought a Spike game yet and this is why. Between shipping and duty it gets expensive fast if something breaks. Plus you take a hit on any new game in NZ anyway if you resell. Simonzz has a fair few spike games and I know he had one node board go, maybe a second but I'm not sure so they don't all break but its a worry still for me. It helps that stern still hasn't put out a must have game for me and I can play other peoples

#357 8 months ago

For those of you convinced Stern will keep making all of these different node boards. Have a look around for an earlier generation SAM CPU 520-5246-00. Fortunately they are easy to repair

#361 8 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Why wouldn't they, cheap to make and $$$ in revenue stream. 25 buck for a 2/3 hundred dollar part..... Shit id make these till the cows come home.

They will make some extras no doubt but how many? What if the initial run sells out? Is it worth a new run if they have to buy a minimum number and eat up cash and storage space?

#429 8 months ago

Think of the history of pinball it comes and goes. Stern is going to cash out while they can. They have no idea where things will be in 5 or 10 years from now and are focused on now.

#454 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I literally just got an email from one of the 3 BM66 owners in NZ, he has an LE, and one of his main nodes has died. The NZ distributors basically don’t want to know about it.
HE HAS A $17,000 NZD PAPERWEIGHT!
My advice was to complain to the NZ consumer authorities and demand repair or refund. We have strong consumer protection here in NZ.
That’s 3 Spike pins in our tiny NZ community in less than a month that no longer work.
I’m just reporting the facts. I am not scaremongering or wishing ill will on anyone. This is what is happening.
rd

He should be covered under the CGA you are right unless they try and weasel out under some sort of commercial use loophole, if it exists. I wonder if it will make coin cascade rethink pricing if they have to cover longer term repairs? Simon had no help at all from coin cascade with his dead node board. Stern wasn't that helpful either until he directly emailed Gary who responded. He was willing to pay for it too mind you!

#464 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m not the distributor, so I can’t answer that.
All I can tell you is, I’m not aware of a SAM board failure in my circle (news would soon travel in our community) and I know of multiple SPIKE failures.
rd

Both Ken and I had transistors go on SAM's but it is the same as on a WPC, $1 in parts, 5 minutes and it's done. Both games were on location. I haven't heard of any others though. I definitely know of more Spike failures then Sam and cost wise its not even close. One of the CC games in wellington was down for a while with a node board apparently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside