Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5E1D36C-CEB9-481B-AD58-33AD125B6F31 (resized).jpeg
rejoice (resized).png
Node8FrontLowerLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant.jpg
Node8FrontUpperLeftQuadrant.jpg
Node8Back.jpg
Node8FrontLowerRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
Node8FrontUpperRightQuadrant (resized).jpg
0ABE9ED9-0EDB-4F67-9D92-D0CCA45732E7 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F7C3826F-5544-418C-B4D0-9564AAAF8868 (resized).png
stern warranty (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190202-110400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190202-110235_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
7D99B3D7-4F52-4953-955F-3F30AD1729CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 6 months ago

Just to add to this thread, I posted this issue in the Aerosmith owners thread. I thought I would post it in here as well just to let everyone know of my type of issue with the CPU board. The most current UPDATE, is my friend is waiting for yet another board to be sent back to him. The replacement board Stern sent him had no backbox lights. He had to ship his "new" board that he just bought, back to them before they would send out another......Thats not good customer service in my opinion.

From AS thread:

I have a friend that bought a really nice AS pro with 143 plays on it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he was playing it and it Froze up. Then it wouldnt load at all. No lights and a blank screen. So I jumped in to try and help fix the problem. We got Stern on the phone and Chaz was a great help and totally patience with our questions. With Chaz on the phone we eliminated the problem being the power supply. I took the SD card and put it in mine and updated the code to the most recent. Went back to my friends house, put the SD card in and the game booted as normal. I played about 2 balls until it froze again. Pretty sure the problem is going to be his CPU board. My friend was calling Stern back for further instructions on what to do. Anyone seen this problem before?

UPDATE: My buddy had to buy and new CPU board from Stern...wasnt cheap. Stern said they couldnt fix the old board. That being said, he got the new board. I put it in and the backbox lights dont work. Anyone ever seen this before?

(response to a question)
My friend didnt tell me the price and I didnt ask. However I do know the price is somewhat negotiable. I think Stern will try and fix it first and if thats not possible then sell you a board. When I was on the phone with Chaz, he said they would work with my friend.

#136 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I hope they have more people than Chaz, because nothing burns out a person faster than having to be the funnel for everyones issues - even worse if the company puts them in a position that they can't actually do anything but sell people a new part.

Chaz was great. I feel he can only do so much with his hands tied.

#139 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Did Stern recommend a new CPU board? So the game plays now, just no backbox lights?

Yes, Stern told me to send the board in and they would repair it if they could. Once they got it, they said they couldn't repair it and he had to buy a new board. He got the new board, I put it in and it played perfect. They even sent a new SD card with the latest coed on it along with his old board back. However, no backbox lights. I tired everything. They told him to sent the board back. So he did. He is now waiting for the new board to be shipped out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 399.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside