2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7A1CFF4A-8903-4D9F-8264-C2490C153CFF (resized).jpeg
    E2DDF50C-79EE-4D5D-99D5-4786A528AD37 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 months ago

If these boards are NLA, and cant easily be fixed, why would anyone ever buy a game with them? They aren’t TV sets that you toss when they break. Just terrible. Stern needs to ensure there is an adequate supply to keep these games going for many years. Either that, or release the schematics so someone with the expertise can make them? You can’t not release schematics and allow the supply to disappear.

There should be a thread or database on what boards across all generations of games are NLA, then buyers can make better informed decisions.

Looks like pinballlife has them in stock

7A1CFF4A-8903-4D9F-8264-C2490C153CFF (resized).jpeg
    #18 8 months ago

Hopefully boards can be remade then. Is there any proprietary technology or software in them that could hinder remanufacture?

Quoted from too-many-pins:

A good friend of mine does pinball service for a living and he & I talk about the "newer machines" all the time. He & I agree owning anything newer is pretty much INSANE. A few years down the road there are going to be a hell of a bunch of newer Stern, JJP and other machines sitting dead because expensive boards are no longer available for them. If you don't believe what I am saying just look at how hard Williams System 9 and 11 boards are to find these days at a decent price. You guys really think someone is going to make aftermarket replacement boards for JJP & Stern machines sometime down the road as involved as those new boards are? If that isn't bad enough look at how many little game specific boards each of those machines uses under the playfield.
    Guys with more money than brains can keep buying all of this new stuff. I'll stick with nice older classic machines I can still source parts for at prices that are not totally INSANE.
    To people with "deep pockets" stuff like this is not a huge deal but to the average working guy having to buy a $1200 board to repair your pinball machine is a hell of a hit.

Older games have issues too with part availability. Coin door interface, opto boards, all getting harder to find.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 299.00
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside