IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
IMG_4548 (resized).JPG
IMG_4547 (resized).JPG
IMG_4546 (resized).JPG
7561fc9f70372041f4f4860f4a36f80690cfc000 (resized).jpg
1d6719835ccd80564e247fe35f73c0117957889d (resized).png
Avoid the node (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

Thought I had my first node failure. (Intermittent weak flipper). Turned out the EOS switch wasn't working properly. So my one spike game has had no node failures.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Reading thru this thread, early node board failures go back to at least WWE and cover pretty much every game since then.
It is great that most have been covered under some kind of warranty, but seeing that the problem still exists, one must wonder when the free ones stop and the paying for them begins.

Has anyone had a node board fail after the game has been out for a while and after most or all updates have been installed? Seems these failures are always early on.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We'll certainly find out when these games have been out for a while, won't we?

They have been. I think it's a good sign that we haven't seen these fail other than right away or right after an update that messed something up.

I think if a failure happens right after an update, stern would replace those no questions asked.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

WWE is only two years old. If you think that's long enough to see if these boards will have a long service life especially when so many have already failed under warranty, then I'll call you the eternal optimist.

Just saying that qualifies as "a while" and that since we don't have reports of boards failing after the game has been running for 2 years, it's encouraging

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, some of the stories here are very encouraging.

Looks like that happened right away no? Not seeing the point.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The point is the problem has been around for at least two years now and even the newest games are still having it.

Okay I see what you're saying. However, the problems seem to only be happening at the very beginning of the life of the game, well within the warranty.

So let's assume every single game from now on will be susceptible to node failures in the first however many code revisions and all failed boards will be covered by stern. If they never fail again, is it going to be that big a deal? I'll answer for myself and say no.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If every node board that fails is replaced for free, then I'm sure all game owners will be happy.
But that begs the question, why are replacements for sale at $200+ a pop if they only fail when the game is new? Then there are those that failed during shipping....

How many dummies are messing up their node boards from installing mods into their games or installing software incorrectly? My guess is, some.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then there are those that update code long after warranty expires. If that is indeed the cause of failure.

Yep and if that causes a failure because you updated the game wrong, that's on you.

Since I was very closely a part of all the updates to GOT I can tell you that the more mature the code gets the better the nodes should behave. The first couple updates had pieces in them that solved problems in earlier code that were causing nodes to fail. The code is causing them to fail, not the update process (assuming it was installed correctly by the user)

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Like Chuck & my GOT boards

That work perfectly. (Knocking on all the wood around me)

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure how to do a wrong update, either the game takes it or it won't, but the truth is most of these games won't get their final updates until well after even this extended node board warranty is over. See Batman66.

Seriously people F up updates constantly. I don't get it either.

I'm hoping that updates don't make issues but fix them. Node issues that is. Always bugs to be worked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.75
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/node-board-failure-how-common?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.