(Topic ID: 294969)

No Playfield ..Node 1 8 9 not responding!! Brand new Stern GOTG??

By frankmac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8695AD1-462B-4A27-9C1E-8A8059DB6CD4 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Brand new out-of-the-box never played. No Playfield lights any ideas.?

E8695AD1-462B-4A27-9C1E-8A8059DB6CD4 (resized).jpegE8695AD1-462B-4A27-9C1E-8A8059DB6CD4 (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

Yes the coin door is shut..

#3 2 years ago

You check the board connections and reset them?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

You check the board connections and reset them?

Yes, no luck

#5 2 years ago

Reflash the sd.

Then replace the sd if that doesn’t work.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reflash the sd.
Then replace the sd if that doesn’t work.

Reflash is to ?

Thx Frank

#7 2 years ago

Check the connectors on the node board on the side of the cabinet. Mine come loose a lot but that’s mostly due to the shaker motor rattling them loose.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Check the connectors on the node board on the side of the cabinet. Mine come loose a lot but that’s mostly due to the shaker motor rattling them loose.

Thx did that .. Never had a NIB problem before . I have been lucky.

#11 2 years ago

You didn’t try hooking up a shaker on this game? Nothing wrong with a shaker, but hooking up the wrong one is known to fry node board 1 for sure.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

You didn’t try hooking up a shaker on this game? Nothing wrong with a shaker, but hooking up the wrong one is known to fry node board 1 for sure.

Nope . Typical procedure nothing different than the other pins I have opened . node screen and no playfield light immediately after flicking the power switch on.

#13 2 years ago

I had this do this on a nib game. It was the bracket on the coin door not making full contact with the interlock switch, It needed adjusted a little. With coin door open pull the interlock switch out, to turn it on and then power on the machine to see if it will boot properly.

#14 2 years ago

Do the node boards have power? Do you see their power led lit under the playfield?

Just trying to determine if it’s a software or power issue

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Do the node boards have power? Do you see their power led lit under the playfield?
Just trying to determine if it’s a software or power issue

No led lights underplayfield.
Went to my distro today swapped out my SD card for his floor model SD card still not recognizing node 1 8 9 no playfield light top or bottom.
Sterns customer service is like waiting on a snail.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:I had this do this on a nib game. It was the bracket on the coin door not making full contact with the interlock switch, It needed adjusted a little. With coin door open pull the interlock switch out, to turn it on and then power on the machine to see if it will boot properly.

Bless you!! I just pushed pulled in and out 4 or 5 times and on she went.

Thank you guys !! Happy and not bitching anymore.. time to play!!!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No led lights underplayfield.
Went to my distro today swapped out my SD card for his floor model SD card still not recognizing node 1 8 9 no playfield light top or bottom.
Sterns customer service is like waiting on a snail.

It’s the weekend dude.

I also had a small issue on my first NIB purchase a few weeks ago. Sent an email Friday. Heard back Monday morning, with the proper advice and the problem was resolved immediately.

Yeah it feels slow when you have a problem but my experience with them has been nothing short of excellent so far. My updated fix kit on an unrelated issue also showed up after a week.

Anyway glad you got your issue sorted!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s the weekend dude.
I also had a small issue on my first NIB purchase a few weeks ago. Sent an email Friday. Heard back Monday morning, with the proper advice and the problem was resolved immediately.
Yeah it feels slow when you have a problem but my experience with them has been nothing short of excellent so far. My updated fix kit on an unrelated issue also showed up after a week.
Anyway glad you got your issue sorted!

Congrats on popping your NIB Cherry! It’s about time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,495 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/node-1-8-9-not-responding-brand-new-gotg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.